A1-MR MULTIROOM HOME MUSIC SYSTEM W
WI-FI User Manual
Welcome to the Audioengine family and congratulations on your purchase of the Audioengine A1-MR Wireless Multiroom Music System. Audioengine is dedicated to bringing you the highest-quality listening experience possible and the Audioengine AI-MR wireless speakers were designed with the same attention to detail and operational simplicity as all our other products. We wish to sincerely thank our customers and the entire Audioengine team for the inspiration to create yet another great product.
Bring high-fidelity wireless music streaming into your home. Connect the AI-MR music system and stream from your favorite music service or direct
from your music library using your phone, tablet, or computer. Add multiple A1-MR systems or connect the Audioengine B-Fi streamer to other music systems for multiroom HD sound and stereo pairing. Control all your music from anywhere in your home and play any song in any room(or every room).
What’s in the box
A1 MR powered (left) speaker
AI-MR passive (right) speaker
AC power cable
Mini-jack audio cable
Mini-jack to RCA audio cable
Built-in power amplifiers
High-fidelity Wi-Fi streaming
Aux audio input
Custom aramid fiber woofers and silk tweeters
Hand-built MDF wood cabinets
- Please read these instructions before using this product.
- Keep these instructions for future reference.
- Heed all warnings on the product and in this guide.
- -Allow all Insfrucfons.
- Do not use file apparatus near water or moisture.
- Clean only with a dry cloth and as directed by the manufacturer
- Do not block any ventilation openings. Install in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Do not install near any outsources, such as radiators, heat registers, stoves or other apparatus thot produce heat.
- Do not defeat the safety purpose of the polarized or grounding-type plug. A polarized plug has two blades with one wider than the other. A grounding-type plug has two blades and a third grounding prong. The wider blade or third prong ore provided for your safety.
- Protect the power cord from being walked on or pinched, particularly at plugs, convenience receptacles, and the point where they exit from the apparatus.
- Use only attachments or accessories specified by the manufacturer.
- Use only with the cart, stand, tripod, bracket or table specified by the manufacturer. or sold with the apparatus. then a cart is used, use caution when moving the cart/apparatus combination to avoid injury from tip-over.
- Unplug this apparatus during lightning storms or when unused for long periods of time to prevent damage to this product.
- Refer all servicing to qualified service personnel. Servicing is required when the apparatus has been damaged in anyway such as power supply cord or plug is damaged, liquid has been spilled or objects hove fallen into the apparatus, the apparatus has been exposed to rain or moisture, does not operate normally, or Nos been dropped.
Operating Temperature Range: 32° to104°F to 40°C
A1-MR powered (left) speaker -rear panel
A1-MR passive (right) speaker -rear pane
- Download the free Audioengine app from the Apple App Store for iOS or from Google Play for Android. AI-MR setup as well as multiroom and stereo configurations are done via the Audio engine app from an iOS or Android device.
- Connect the included speaker wire from theA1-MR left(powered) speaker to the right (passive) speaker, observing proper wire polarity to each speaker connector.
- Connect the AC power cable totheA1-MR left speaker rear panel and plug the other end of the cable into a functioning power outlet.
- Turn on power via the rear panel volume/power knob and set the volume to around 50%soyoucan hear the audio prompts during setup.
- TheA1-MR Status button on the rear panel will blink rapidly for15 seconds, then a piano tone will play.
- The AI-MR Status button will now blink more slowly and a voice will say: “Entering setup mode. Follow the instructions in the app to finish the setup.” If no piano tone or voice is heard after15seconds,increasetheA1-MR volume level. A1-MR will remain in setup mode (slow-blinking Status button) for 5 minutes before timing-out. To go back into setup mode, press and hold theA1-MR Status button for about 5 seconds until you hear the voice prompt again. Connecting A1-MR wirelessly to your internet router As device screens seem to frequently change with updates, the easiest way to get through this setup is to follow the instructions directly in the app and listen to the voice prompts.
- During setup we recommend that your phone,A1-MR, and wireless internet router are within 15 feet of each other. You may need your Wi-Fi password if it’s not already saved on your device.
- Open the Audioengine app with your iOS or Android device and select “OK” if you want the app to access your music library on your device.
- The app will say “Searching for Audioengine Wireless Hi-Fi System”. Select “Add Device”.
- Following the app instructions, select “Settings” to leave the app and go into your device’s Wi-Fi settings.
- Turn on your device’s Wi-Fi and select “Audioengine A1MR” from your Wi-Fi list.
- The audio voice will respond “You are now connected to your speaker. Follow the instructions in the app to finish the setup.” Go back into the Audioengine app.
- A1-MRworkson2.4G,soselect2.4Gnetwork from your Wi-Fi list and enter your internet router password if prompted to do so.
- The voice will then say “Connected to your Wi-Fi network.” Select “Next”.
- Rename A1-MR if you wish, then select the right arrow at the top of the screen.
- Swipe left 2 times to get to your music or exit the app and go to another player.
Having trouble? Try these tips:
MoveA1-MR and your device closer to your router.
Restart your router and device.
Reset theA1-MR by pressing and holding the button on the rear panel until.
you hear the piano tone and voice prompt.
How to play your music
After setup you can play your music using the music players and streamers we include or leave the app and use your own. For example, if you’re in to Pandora onyouriPhone,selectA1-MR as the phone’s audio output in the iOS Music app. Or if your favorite player has audio output settings included, as many do, you can selectA1-MR as the output within the app. And if you setup AI-MR on an iPhone, you can also use it on other
devices. So if you listen to TIDAL on your laptop, selectA1-MRasthe audio output from within TIDAL or from the OS audio settings. So you’re not stuck using only our app as there are other options for Android, iOS, MacOS, and Windows. And no matter how you connect and listen,A1-MR HD audio quality will always be best-in-class.
- Connect an audio cable between your device and the input on the AI-MR rear panel.
- Play music and adjust the volume on the speakers and your device to your desired listening levels.
Inputs and volume settings
Multiple devices may be connected to the speakers at the same time and the wire less and aux in puts are open and active, so it’s easy to switch between your phone, tablet, computer, TV, etc. To adjust the volume, we recommend you first set a level on AI-MR and then use the volume control on your device to adjust the overall level. Volume settings are flexible and there is no right or wrong so feel free to experiment to find what works for you.
The AI-MR Speakers include a sub output so you can connect a subwoofer. This output is adjustable so the volume level of your subwoofer can be set from the AI-MR volume control.
Press and quickly release the Status button toturnA1-MR Wi-Fi off. Press the button again to turn it back on.
After you turn AI-MR back on, wait a few seconds for the Status button to stop flashing and the voice to say ”Connected to your Wi-Fi network” before playing your music.
Extra tips, troubleshooting, FA§s, and updates to this guide can be found on our website: audioengine.com
If you have questions or need help, please contact our customer support team: [email protected]
Your speakers will sound great out of the box and will get better over time. No need to do anything else but listen to them, however, we do recommend that you give them at least 40 to 50 hours break-in time before doing any critical listening.
We don’t recommend using any solvents or cleaners. Just wipe down the cabinets with a soft, dry cloth.
Although Audio engine speakers are very forgiving with regards to where you place them, it’s true that proper speaker location can have an impact on sound quality. Even though there are different theories on correct speaker placement, rooms and tastes are different so it’s difficult to recommend a perfect setup. We do suggest you feel free to experiment to see what works for you. Asa general rule of thumb for the best soundstage and imaging, tweeters should be at about eye-level in your most frequent listening location. Here are a few more suggestions, assuming you have some flexibility regarding placement. No need for concern if your listening space dictates the speakers’ position. Both speakers should be equal distance from your primary listening position. Placing the speakers atleast4-6 feet apart usually provides the best imaging and soundstage. If you need to turn the speakers on their sides, position the tweeters toward the outside. If used on a desktop for computer or multimedia speakers, the more solid the surface, the better your speakers will sound!
All Audioengine products have a 3 year Limited Warranty on parts and labor from date of purchase. The Limited Warranty applies only to Audioengine products purchased in the United States. Your warranty is automatic, so there is no need to register. For Limited Warranty coverage elsewhere, please contact the Audioengine dealer, reseller, or distributor in your country or region.
What is covered
All defective parts or faulty workmanship.
What is not covered
The Audioengine Limited Warranty does not cover damage caused by accident, misuse, abuse, neglect, excessive moisture, lightning, power surges, other acts
of nature, unauthorized product modification or repairs, or failure to follow the instructions outlined in this guide.
What we will do
We will repair or replace any defective parts, at our option, within a reasonable amount of time and free of charge any time during the warranty period. After service, we will be responsible for shipping the product back to you at our expense.
What we ask from you
You will be responsible for shipping charges to Audioengine or to an authorized dealer. We recommend you keep the original shipping materials to prevent
shipping damage if service is needed. Audioengine cannot be responsible for any damages incurred during shipping due to poor packing, so please pack well and make sure to insure your shipment.
How to obtain Audioengine warranty service
If you have any questions or feel you may need service, contact the reseller where you purchased your product. You can also visit our support portal at support.audioengineusa.com where you will find a searchable Knowledge Base. And if you don’t find an answer to your question you can easily contact
us by opening a support ticket.
This Limited Warranty is fully transferable provided the current owner furnishes the proof of purchase and that the serial number on the product is intact. THE MAXIMUM LIABILITY OF AUDIOENGINE SHALL NOT EXCEED THE ACTUAL PURCHASE PRICE PAID BY YOU FOR THE PRODUCT. IN NO EVENT SHALL AUDIOENGINE BE LIABLE FOR SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INDIRECT DAMAGES.
Product returns and refunds
We sincerely hope you get as much enjoyment from our products as we’ve had creating them. However, should you have an issue or are not satisfied with any Audioengine product for any reason contact the reseller where you purchased or contact us directly: [email protected]
IEEE 802.JJb. 24J2MHz—24 72MHz
IEEE 802.11g: 2412MHz-24 72MHz
/£EE 802.JJn HT20: 24J2ivlHz-2472MHz
IEEE 802.JJn HT40: 2422MHz—2462MHz
2.4C ii-Fi transmitter power: <20dBm (EIRP)
This equipment should be installed and operated with minimum distance 20cm between the radiator and your 6ody. This equipment can use in all European members without restriction. Here by, Audioengine LLC declares that the radio equipment type AT-MR is in compliance with Directive20J4/53/EU.
The full text of the EU declaration of conformity is available here :https://audioengine.com/
FCC Port 15 Notice
This device complies with Part US of the DCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
J) This device may not cause harmful interference.
2) This device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation. Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment. This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part US of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and con radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance w/tfi the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. IN this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment of fand on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures: Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna. Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver. Connect the equipment into on outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected. Consult the dealer or an experienced technician for help.
FCC Radiation Exposure Statement
This equipment complies with FCC radiation exposure limits set forth for an uncontrolled environment. This equipment should be installed and operated with minimum distance 20cm between the radiator &your body.
Information for Userfi on Disposal of Old Equipment
—— This symbol indicates Olaf the electrical and electronic equipment should not be disposed as general household waste at its end-of-life. Instead, the product should behanded over to the applicable collection point for the recycling in accordance with your notional legislation. By disposing of this product correctly, you will help to conserve the environment and human health thot could otherwise be caused by inappropriate waste handling of this product. For more information about collection point and recycling of this product, please contact your household waste disposal service or the shop where you purchased the product. Penalties may be applicable for incorrect disposal of this waste, in accordance with national legislation.
(Other Countries outside the European Union) if you wish to dispose of this product, please do so in accordance with applicable notional legislation or other rules in your country for the treatment of old electrical and electronic equipment.
0 2021 Audioengine, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Audioengine and Audioengine A1-MR are trademarks of Audioengine. All other product names, company names and logos mentioned may be the trademarks of the irrespective owners and are acknowledged by Audioengine.
Audioengine designs and builds innovative audio products with all your music in mind. Great sound, simple but elegant designs, high-quality materials and truly useful features are what Audioengine is about. We
sincerely hope you get as much enjoyment from our products as we’ve had creating them!
A1-MR MULTIROOM HOME MUSIC SYSTEM W
WI-FI User Manual PDF Download