ANYCUBIC Photon Exceptionally Large
Resin M3 Max Printer User Manual
Thank you for choosing products.
Maybe you are familiar with 3D printing technology or have purchased , printers before, we still highly recommend that you read this manual carefully. The installation techniques and precautions in this manual can help you avoid any unnecessary damage or frustration.
Please visit https://www.anycubic.com/pages/contact-us to contact us if you have any question. You can also gain more information such as software, videos, models from the website.
Always follow the safety instructions during assembly and usage/ to avoid unnecessary damage to the 30 printer or individual injury
Language: Change language(English/Chinese)
Gear icon: Enter to set feeding speed
Tap icon: Enable/disable the auto-feed function
Horn icon: Turn on/off the screen sound
Assembly and Leveling Instructions
- Unpack and remove the protective metal frame, foam and zip ties. Take out the machine and its accessories.
*Be cautious of metal frame’s sharp edges to avoid injury.
- Plug in power and turn on the machine. Raise Z axis to a certain height that the curing screen will not be scratched when the printing platform is installed.
- Tear off the protective film before leveling and printing.
- Loosen the four screws on the printing platform.
- Install the printing platform.
- Place a leveling paper on the curing screen. Then click” touch screen. Wait for the Z axis to descend and stop automatically.
- Use your fingers to press the platform gently, to let it fit evenly on the curing screen. Then, tighten the four screws on the platform.
- Click “Z=O” to save the zero position, and then click “Enter” on the popup window. Till now, the leveling process is finished. Click “Enter” again and take out the leveling paper.
- Detection: Raise printing platform until the curing screen can be observed completely. Return to Tools menu and click “Detection”, set the test time and then click “Next”. The curing screen should display a complete image as shown below.
- Install resin vat with both needles being set in it.
- Install the back cover, Then, if the auto-feed unit is not needed at the moment, the installation is finished.
- Turn the machine back and install resin-holding bracket first.
- Put the cap part on Any cubic 1 kg resin bottle and tighten it. Place resin bottle on the bracket and connect the cap part wire to machine.
TIPS : When you change resin, it is recommended to tighten the cap through rotating bottle to avoid blockage caused by twisting pipes.
- Pass two pipes through the limit hole on the back cover. Connect ports II with feeding pipe (black) and connect ports I with air pipe (transparent). Please completely follow this way of connection to avoid the damage of auto-feed unit.
Ensure the auto-feed unit has been installed and the resin in bottle is enough to print. Click “Tools”~” II “to enable the function. It will feed in automatically if resin in the vat is sufficient during printing.
- Auto-feed only works when machine is printing.
- The unit feeds every five minutes normally.
- Red light indicates that resin is not detected by needles. When needles detects resin, the light goes off.
- Green light indicates that the unit has been powered.
If the insufficiency of the resin in holder is detected when it is printing, the machine will beep to warn and disable auto-feed function. Please add or change resin first and enable the function in Set up if necessary.
- If you use non-Any cubic resin, it is suggested to check whether red light goes out normally when resin reaches both needles before printing. If not, the resin cannot be automatically fed.
- To save resin, pour the remaining resin that is out of the reach of pipes to resin vat.
- DO NOT vigorously shake or turn over the resin bottle when cap part is installed. If the inside of cap is stained by resin, please immediately clean it to avoid malfunction or damage of auto feed unit.
* Please contact the tech support if the troubleshooting above cannot solve your problem.
First Print Instructions
*Please check FEP film carefully before and after every printing. If the FEP film is broken, replace it immediately to avoid further damage to machine.
Wear masks and gloves (to avoid direct skin contact with resin), and slowly pour the resin into the vat. The resin cannot exceed the vat’s maximum scale.
Then, put on front cover. Insert the USB memory into the USB port, print the test file in it. (The printing time on the screen is for reference only, we make no guarantee that it is the actual printing time.)
2. File list
Print file list is consist of USB driver file list and local file list. Select one USB driver file and click ” a ” icon in its interface to save it to local file list. The local file can be printed without USB driver.
3. Exposure off compensation
Exposure off time is the interval between printing platform retracts to the lowest point and UV light turns on. When the exposure area is large during printing process, due to the surface tension and resin characteristic, there may be problems such as delay of z-axis or delay of resin reflowing, causing print failure. It is suggested to enable exposure off compensation to improve success rate.
The compensation only works on bottom layers and layers with large area. In normal layers, off time is automatically added according to the area of layers; the larger the area, the longer the off time.
For large print objects, the compensation can reduce the risk of layers separation or base falling off to avoid print failure. For the smalls, it can prevent their bases from thickening.
Exposure off compensation, which is enabled by default, adds print time. If the print object or its area of layers is small, you can disable the function in Set up.
4. Handling models and residues
After printing, unscrew and remove the platform when resin stop dropping from the platform. The model can be removed by scraper. The removed model should be washed with ethanol 95vol% concentration. The printed model may need post curing to achieve better hardness by direct sunlight or UV-curing box.
[IMPORTANT] Inevitably, in case of incomplete curing or failed prints, there might be some cured resin left in the vat. It is suggested to filter the resin by a funnel and then store the liquid in a sealed container. The residues left on the platform or in the vat can be wiped off with paper towel.
Before each prints, please ensure there is no solid residues in the vat or on the platform, otherwise the FEP film may be crushed and broken during printing.
Slicing Software Overview
3D printer reads sliced file and prints models. It is necessary to
convert 3D files (stl./obj.) into sliced files for machine to recognize. Software that realize the process is called slicing software, for example, Anycubic Photon Workshop.
Anycubic Photon Workshop can be used to export sliced file. You
should select Anycubic Photon M3 Max as machine type first, then manipulate the model and set the parameters. Lastly, export the sliced file (.pm3m).
The instruction of Anycubic Photon Workshop has been saved in the use memory, it is recommended that read it carefully if it is the first time for you to use Anycubic Photon Workshop.
FAQ and Machine Maintenance
(1) Model do not stick to platform
► Bottom exposure time is insufficient, increase the exposure time.
► Contact area between the model and platform is mall, please add raft.
► Bad leveling.
(2) Layer separation or splitting
► The machine is not stable during printing.
► FEP film in the vat is not tight enough or it need a change for new one.
► The printing platform or resin vat is not tightened.
► The lift speed is too fast.
► The printing object is hollowed without punching.
(3) Layer shift
► Add supports.
► Reduce the lift speed.
(4) Floccules left in resin vat or attached to models
► The exposure time is too long. Reduce the normal exposure time and bottom exposure time.
2. Machine maintenance
(1) If Z axis make noisy sound, please apply lubricant to z lead screw.
(2) Clean off the residues cured on FEP film when the printing fail: Set full-screen exposure for 20s and then remove the cured resin sheet to protect the film. Do not use sharp objects to scrape off the residues on FEP film.
(5) After printing, please clean up the platform (wipe with paper towels or wash with alcohol), and ensure no residue left (filter the residue with funnel).
(6) If the body of printer is stained with resin, use alcohol to clean.
(7) Please clean the resin vat first before you change resin.
Thank you for purchasing products! Under normal usage and service, the products have a warranty period up to one year. Please visit support center (support.anycubic.com/en) to report any issue with products. Our professional after-sale service team would respond within 24 hours and solve the issues.
ANYCUBIC Photon Exceptionally Large
Resin M3 Max Printer User Manual PDF Download