AVANTCO 177HEAT1836 120V Full Size Non Insulated Heated Holding Cabinet with Clear Door User Manual
Identifying Your Cabinet
For future reference, cord the cabinet model number and serial number found on the serial plate located on the rear of the cabinet.
ITEM #: _____________________________
DESCRIPTION : INSULATED FULL SIZE HEATING & HOLDING MOBILE CABINET WITH CLEAR DOOR AVANTCO 177HEAT1836
177(1)(2)(3)(4)(5) HEATED CABINETS Series,
- (1) – HEAT “HEAT” (Only Heat) or “H” (Commonly Used) AVANTCO 177HEAT1836
- (2) – PROOF “P”
- (3) – INSULATE “I”(With Insulate) or “U” (No Insulate)
- (4) – PAN WIDTH INCH For example 18″
- (5) – PAN QTY – From: 12 to 36 For example: 36
These cabinets are designed to hold hot food at a constant temperature and/or supply humidity when proofing when the application applies. These cabinets are not cooking appliances, and should not be used as such. Safe holding temperatures and regular temperature checks are necessary for safe and sanitation food handling. AVANTCO 177HEAT1836
- Upon delivery of the unit, check for shipping damage. Check the packaging and cabinet for shipping damage after unloading the unit, and after removing all packaging. Notify freight company immediately of shipping damage with pictures and description.
- After unpacking the cabinet, set on a stable ground and put casters in the lock position where applicable. AVANTCO 177HEAT1836
- Remove all tape and packing material from the outside and inside of the unit.
- Remove any protective covers on the door and corners of the unit.
NOTE: Use of scrapers (plastic/metal or other material) to remove the protective film on the door may cause scratches and impair see-through visibility.
- After all packaging is removed, plug the cabinet into a dedicated grounded 120V 15 or 20 Amp outlet.
- Turn the unit on by using the power switch, flip the unit to “heat” mode and adjust dial to maximum setting 9.
- Allow the unit to run for at least 1 hour to burn-in the elements and remove any odors evident from the manufacturing process. AVANTCO 177HEAT1836
Care & Maintenance
WARNING: Unplug the cabinet before cleaning or servicing. Do not wash the cabinet with high-pressured water or a water jet.
WARNING: Allow the unit to completely cool before cleaning. Not allowing the unit to cool causes risk of burn injury from the cabinet surfaces.
CAUTION: Do not spray or pour water into the heated control drawer module. Excess water may cause the heated control drawer module to short-circuit or cease working. AVANTCO 177HEAT1836
CLEANING THE CABINET INTERIOR & EXTERIOR (EXCLUDING DOOR PANEL)
- Ensure the power cord is not plugged in and the cord is off the ground. AVANTCO 177HEAT1836
- Open the door and remove the water pan.
- Remove the heated control drawer module by lifting the front up enough to clear the detent, then pull the module away from the cabinet with the power cord through the rear clearance hole. AVANTCO 177HEAT1836
- Using a mild detergent diluted to the manufacturer’s specification and a clean cloth, wipe down all interior and exterior surfaces excluding the polycarbonate door panel.
- Using a clean cloth, wipe down all surfaces and then let air-dry.
- After air-drying, replace the heated control drawer module by slipping the power cord through the rear clearance hole and sliding the drawer module into the bottom of the unit until it sits on its detent. AVANTCO 177HEAT1836
- Ensure the power cord is not plugged in and the cord is off the ground. AVANTCO 177HEAT1836
- Using a cleaner recommended for polycarbonate plastics and a clean cloth, wipe down both sides of the door panel. NOTE: Use of synthetic cloths or cleaners not intended for polycarbonate plastics may scratch or dull the door panel AVANTCO 177HEAT1836
- Isopropyl Rubbing Alcohol or a small amount of liquid dish detergent diluted with water may help remove tough grease smudges, dirt, or fingerprints as well as help make the panel antistatic and less likely to attract dust. AVANTCO 177HEAT1836
- Paste-wax recommended for polycarbonate plastics and approved for food service equipment can be used to help hide small scratches and return luster and clarity to the door panel as well as help make the panel antistatic and less likely to attract dust. AVANTCO 177HEAT1836
- Refer to the Serial Plate for electrical requirements. These cabinets are rated at 120V 1440W and must be plugged into a dedicated grounded 120V 15 or 20 Amp outlet.
NOTE: modification of cord and plug will void warranty and may cause the unit to be inoperable. AVANTCO 177HEAT1836
- Ensure the power switch is OFF and plug into appropriate outlet.
- Fill the water pan to 1/2 from the top with clean HOT tap water for Proofing or if moisture is desired for Holding. NOTE: Check water level every 3 hours (3 hours when Proofing) and refill with clean HOT tap water as necessary. NOTE: water pan does not have to be used/filled for heating applications that do not require moisture. NOTE: Proofing mode requires use of water pan to be filled. AVANTCO 177HEAT1836
- Set HEAT/PROOF Switch (D) to HEAT.
- Set POWER switch (A) to the ON position. Power indicator light will turn on. AVANTCO 177HEAT1836 AVANTCO 177HEAT1836
- Set TEMPERATURE control (C) to 9.
- Pre-heat cabinet until desired temperature is reached (typical heat-up time from 77°F (25°C) ambient to 160°F (71°C) is approximately 45 minutes). Cabinet temperature reaches 185°F (85°C) within approximately 45 minutes.
- Re-set TEMPERATURE control (C) and adjust as necessary to reach desired temperature (setting 6-8 is typical for 150°F (66°C) to 160°F (71°C).
- Adjust HUMIDITY control (E) to desired level. (9 being the highest, 1 the lowest, OFF being no heat to the water) AVANTCO 177HEAT1836
- Set HEAT/PROOF Switch (D) to PROOF.
- Set POWER switch (A) to the ON position. Power indicator light will turn on.
- Set TEMPERATURE control (C) to 2. AVANTCO 177HEAT1836
- Set HUMIDITY control (E) to 9.
- Pre-heat cabinet until desired temperature and humidity is reached (typical heat-up time from 77°F (25°C) ambient to 95°F (35°C) and 95% relative humidity is approximately 30 minutes). AVANTCO 177HEAT1836
- Adjust HUMIDITY control (E) to desired level. (9 being the highest, 1 the lowest, OFF being no heat to the water)
NOTE: Settings will need to be adjusted as necessary to reach desired temperature and humidity levels.
NOTE: The internal air circulation blower and 1440W heating element (controlled with the Heat Thermostat) will operate continuously when the power switch is turned ON.
The temperature range for heating/holding control is 80-185°F. The dial numbers 1-9 do not correspond or relate to a specific calibrated temperature. Exact temperature settings must be obtained through familiarization with the unit and are dependent on the ambient environment temperature and conditions where the unit is placed. The dial also has an OFF position to turn the heater off. Hot holding of food must be done to proper safe food handling and storage practices. This unit is not a cooker and not meant to cook or prethermalize food. AVANTCO 177HEAT1836
The humidity range for humidity/proofing control is 30-100%. The dial numbers 1-9 do no correspond or relate to a specific calibrated humidity %. Exact humidity settings must be obtained through familiarization with the unit and are dependent on the ambient environment temperature and conditions where the unit is placed. The dial also has an OFF position to turn the humidity off. To maintain low temperature range between 85-100°F, switch the proof mode and adjust the heat/holding control knob to desired heat range. Allow the unit 45 minutes to pre-heat in proofing mode. NOTE: A use of a hygrometer is recommended for precision proofing applications. For proofing, trial batches and altering control settings is recommended to dial in the unit to the users exact requirements based on the ambient temperature and conditions. AVANTCO 177HEAT1836
The Heater-Proofer is an aluminum transport cabinet with heaters to function as a hot food holding cabinet and/or as a proofing cabinet. AVANTCO 177HEAT1836
The heater, or heat drawer, is slid into place on the lower ledges of the cabinet. An electrical power cord is provided and plugged into the drawer through an access hole in the back of the cabinet. The main power switch on the front of the drawer, when switched ON, will turn on the light in the switch and turn on the air circulating fan in the drawer. The circulating fan and 1440W heater element will operate continuously while the unit is ON. full size insulated heated holding cabinet
The thermostat control knobs are mounted to the left and right of the HEAT/PROOF switch. The left thermostat knob controls the heat in the cabinet from 1 (approx. 30% relative humidity) to 9 (100% relative humidity). Average setting is 6 (approx. 85% relative humidity). AVANTCO 177HEAT1836
Recommended Temperature Guidelines Food Holding Chart
177DRWRHP Drawer Diagram avantco heater proofer cabinet
For Models 177HPU1812, 177HPI1812, 177HPU1836 & 177HPI1836
177DRWRHEAT Drawer Diagram
For Models 177HEAT1836 & 177HEAT1836I
Drawer Replacement Parts
Cabinet Replacement Parts AVANTCO 177HEAT1836
Electric Schematic Power Supply
HEAT/PROOF Models (177HP Drawer)
Only HEAT Models (177HEAT Drawer)
Before disassembling unit, electrical power must be disconnected by unplugging the unit. Failure to unplug the unit prior to servicing may result in electrical shock. Each unit is shipped with this instruction manual and should be used as a reference guide for all service areas. The manual provides a picture of the drawer, showing the location of electrical components and a description of each. If the unit does not operate correctly, or malfunctions for any reason, the following check list should provide a solution.
- Check to make sure power cord is firmly plugged into the wall outlet. AVANTCO 177HEAT1836
- Check circuit breaker of wall outlet and reset if necessary.
IF unit fails to start, please do the following:
- Remove heat drawer from cabinet. Remove bottom cover of drawer. Visually inspect to observe for: a. Loose or disconnected wires b. Black or burnt marks on any components c. Loose heating elements AVANTCO 177HEAT1836
- If any burn marks or discoloration of wires is noted on any component, the component along with all wires attached to the damaged component must be replaced.
- If a heater element is loose, or if it has broken loose from mounting tabs, the wires will short out on the metal, causing permanent damage. Both the element and main power switch (with wires on switch) must be replaced. insulated proofing cabinet
- If the temperature on the LED Thermometer is not reading a constant temperature, it must be replaced along with its power supply transformer. AVANTCO 177HEAT1836
Equipment Limited Warranty
Avantco warrants its equipment to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of 1 year. This is the sole and exclusive warranty made by Avantco covering your Avantco brand equipment. A claim under this warranty must be made within 1 year from the date of purchase of the equipment. Only the equipment’s original purchaser may make a claim under this warranty. Avantco reserves the right to approve or deny the repair or replacement of any part or repair request. The warranty is not transferable. Avantco Equipment installed in/on a food truck or trailer will be limited to a period of 30 days from the original date of purchase.
To Make a Warranty Claim: For Warranty Inquiries contact the location where you purchased the product:
- WebstaurantStore.com: Contact [email protected]. Please have your order number ready. rhc1836hpi
- The Restaurant Store: If you purchased this unit from your local store, please contact your store directly.
- TheRestaurantStore.com: Online purchases, call 717-392-7261. Please have your order number ready. AVANTCO 177HEAT1836
Failure to contact the designated location prior to obtaining equipment service may void your warranty.
Avantco makes no other warranties, express or implied, statutory or otherwise, and HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AVANTCO 177HEAT1836 .
This Limited Warranty does not cover:
- Equipment sold or used outside the Continental United States avantco hpu-1836
- Use of unfiltered water (if applicable) AVANTCO 177HEAT1836
- Avantco has the sole discretion on wearable parts not covered under warranty
- Equipment not purchased directly from an authorized dealer
- Equipment used for residential or other non-commercial purposes
- Equipment that has been altered, modified, or repaired by anyone other than an authorized service agency
- Equipment where the serial number plate has been removed or altered.
- Damage or failure due to improper installation, improper utility connection or supply, and issues resulting from improper ventilation or airflow. AVANTCO 177HEAT1836
- Defects and damage due to improper maintenance, wear and tear, misuse, abuse, vandalism, or Act of God.
Any action for breach of this warranty must be commenced within 1 year of the date on which the breach occurred. No modification of this warranty, or waiver of its terms, shall be effective unless approved in a writing signed by the parties. The laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania shall govern this warranty and the parties’ rights and duties under it. Avantco shall not under any circumstances be liable for incidental or consequential damages of any kind, including but not limited to loss of profits AVANTCO 177HEAT1836 .