caple DD522BK Downdraft Hood
Thank you for choosing this Caple downdraft extractor.
To ensure that you get the best results from your new downdraft extractor, we strongly suggest that you read this instruction manual thoroughly before use. If treated with care, your Caple product should give you years of trouble-free use.
To register ownership, please ensure you complete and return the guarantee card supplied with the appliance or visit www.caple.co.uk and register here.
This instruction manual is designed to provide you with all the required information related to the installation, use and maintenance of the appliance.
This downdraft extractor is designed to extract unpleasant odours and cooking vapours from the kitchen. In order to operate the unit correctly and safely, please read this instruction manual carefully before installation and use.
Please read this manual carefully before using your appliance. It contains important safety advice; it explains how to use and look after your appliance so that it will provide you with many years of reliable service.
Should a fault arise, please first consult the “Troubleshooting” section. You can often rectify minor problems yourself, thus saving unnecessary service costs.
Please keep this manual in a safe place and pass it on to new owners for their information and safety.
SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS AND WARNINGS:
These hoods have been designed for personal use in the home. The appliance must be used by adults. Make sure that the appliance is out of reach of children and that they do not use it to play with. Make sure that children do not operate the controls.
– When the appliance is delivered, check the overall appearance of the packaging.
– Any remarks should be written on the delivery note, of which you keep a copy. Your appliance is designed for normal domestic use. It is not designed for commercial or industrial use, or for purposes other than those for which it was designed.
– Any consequences of or damage from incorrect installation or incorrect use of the appliance will not be covered by the manufacturer’s guarantee.
– Do not ever change or try to change the characteristics of this appliance. This would be a danger. Repairs must be performed only by a Caple approved engineer.
– Always disconnect the hood before carrying out cleaning or maintenance operations.
– Adequately ventilate the room when a cooker hood and other appliances, powered by energy other than electricity, are used simultaneously, so that the hood does not suck any-combustion fumes. Do not cook food over open flames (flambé) or operate
gas hobs without pots or pans on them while using the hood (the flames may get sucked into the hood causing damage to the appliance).
– Frying under the appliance must be done under constant supervision as hot oils and fats may ignite.
– Respect the guidelines for cleaning and replacement of grease filters. Accumulated deposits of grease are a fire hazard.
– This appliance must not be used near hobs powered by wood or coal or in any case, near hobs with power levels that could damage the appliance.
– Never use steam or high pressure devices for cleaning your hood (regulations regarding electrical safety).
– Never use the cooker hood without the grease filters fitted.
– This appliance is intended to be used in household and similar applications such as:
› Staff kitchen areas in shops, offices and other working environments.
› Farm Houses.
› By clients in hotels, motels and other residential type environments.
› Bed and breakfast type environments.
We are constantly seeking to improve our products, we reserve the right to modify their technical, functional, or aesthetic characteristics deriving from their upgrading.
In the event a downdraft is installed with an external motor, for normal downdraft operation, it is necessary to use an external motor made by the same manufacturer. caple DD522BK Downdraft Hood User Manual
The air collected must not be conveyed into a flue used for smoke or fumes from appliances powered by anything other than electricity (central heating systems, etc.). As far as discharging exhaust air is concerned, please follow the guidelines given by competent authorities.
There must be a minimum space of 50mm between the edge of a gas hob and the downdraft frame. caple DD522BK Downdraft Hood User Manual
Waste electrical products should not be disposed of with household waste. Please recycle where facilities exist. Check with your Local Authority or retailer for recycling advice. This appliance is marked according to the European directive on Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE).
By ensuring this product is disposed of correctly, you will help prevent potential negative consequences for the environment and human health, which could otherwise be caused by inappropriate waste handling of this product. The symbol on the product indicates that this product may not be treated as household waste. Instead it shall be handed over to the applicable collection point for the recycling of electrical and electronic equipment. Disposal must be carried out in accordance with local environmental regulations for waste disposal.
For more detailed information about treatment, recovery and recycling of this product, please contact your local council, your household waste disposal service or the retailer where you purchased the product. caple DD522BK Downdraft Hood User Manual
Your new appliance is covered by warranty. The warranty card is enclosed – if it is missing, you must provide the following information to your retailer in order to receive a replacement: date of purchase, model and serial number. Registration can also be completed online by visiting www.caple.co.uk.
Ensure you keep your warranty card safe, you may need to show it to Caple Service together with proof of purchase. If you fail to show your warranty card you will incur all repair charges. Spare parts are only available from Caple Service and spare parts authorised centres. caple DD522BK Downdraft Hood User Manual
CE DECLARATIONS OF CONFORMITY
This appliance has been manufactured to the strictest standards and complies with all applicable legislation, Low Voltage Directive (LVD) and Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC). caple DD522BK Downdraft Hood User Manual
UKCA DECLARATIONS OF CONFORMITY
This appliance has been manufactured to the strictest standards and complies with all applicable legislation. caple DD522BK Downdraft Hood User Manual
This appliance conforms to all current and applicable energy regulations. To view the Technical Fiche that supports the energy labelling data, please visit the product page on our website www.caple.co.uk.
DESCRIPTION OF THE APPLIANCE
- Before carrying out the appliance installation, please check that all components are not damaged, in such a case contact your retailer and do not carry out any installation operation. Furthermore, please read carefully all of the following installation instructions. caple DD522BK Downdraft Hood User Manual
› Use an air exhausting pipe whose maximum length does not exceed 5 metres.
› Limit the number of elbows in the piping, since each elbow reduces the air capacity of 1 linear metre. (eg. if you use no. 2 x 90° elbows, the length of piping should not exceed 3 metres). caple DD522BK Downdraft Hood User Manual
› Avoid abrupt direction changes.
› Use a 150mm constant diameter rigid ducting pipe for the whole length.
› Use piping approved by standards in force.
The manufacturer shall not be deemed responsible for air capacity or noise problems caused by failure to comply with the above instructions and no warranty on the product shall be provided.
- Before making the hole, check that there are no structural or other parts inside the cabinet, where the appliance is to be placed, which could hinder a proper installation. Check that the dimensions of the Downdraft and the ones of hob are compatible with the cabinet so that the installation can be carried out properly
- Make a rectangular opening
DD903BK: 102 x 832mm
DD522BK: 114 x 486mm
Fit the product in the opening, by inserting it from above as shown in fig. 1.
- Secure the product inside the furniture by using the specific brackets provided. Proceed to the installation of the brackets in the sides of the product, in the specific hooks, as shown in Fig. 2. caple DD522BK Downdraft Hood User Manual
- Then tighten the screws manually, as in fig.3, to secure the product to the furniture. Before tightening the screws, make sure that the product is perfectly balanced. Pay attention in order not to tighten the screws too much. For the DD522BK if the structure of the cabinet does not allow to use the brackets in fig. 2, it is possible to use the alternative brackets, as in figure 13. caple DD522BK Downdraft Hood User Manual
- If the Downdraft is equipped with an external motor, fit the external motor then install the exhaust air ducting according to the relevant installation diagrams:
DDMEXT21 & DDMEXT30 – Figure 9 &11 caple DD522BK Downdraft Hood User Manual
DDMEXT28 – Figure 10 & 12.
- Then fit the air outlet ducts between the external motor and the product. Select the air outlet among the two available options and fit the adaptor supplied with the appliance. DD903BK: If you intend to use the rear air exit, you will first have to remove the flange from product, install the product in the furniture then restore the flange as shown in fig. 4.
- Place the metal box containing the electronic components in an easily reachable area for possible technical assistance operations, by connecting the related connectors (fig. 5).
- If the product is equipped with external motor, connect the motor unit cable to the specific terminal board found in the plastic box shown in fig. 6.
- Power the downdraft.
- If the appliance is to be used in the recirculation mode, place the charcoal filters behind the grease filters (see fig 7) and then settle the front glass by sticking the magnets into the specified seats. caple DD522BK Downdraft Hood User Manual
HOW THE DOWNDRAFT WORKS
This appliance is intended to extract cooking fumes, greases and vapours. It has been designed to work in either ventilation mode or in recirculation mode.
EXTERNALLY VENTED MODE
The downdraft can be installed in this mode with outside discharge of extracted air: in this case it is necessary to connect the ducting channel to the outside wall (ducting pipes are not supplied with this product).
The minimum distance between the Down-draft (closed) and the surface above it must be at least 400mm. It is the manufacturer of the hob who determines the clearance required and the clearance quoted by the hob manufacturer must be followed. caple DD522BK Downdraft Hood User Manual
In the absence of any instructions supplied with a gas hob, tere must be a minimum space of 50mm between the edge of a gas hob and the downdraft frame.
In case fumes and vapours cannot be extracted outside, the appliance can be used in recirculation mode. Activated charcoal filters are required for this type of extractor: caple DD522BK Downdraft Hood User Manual
2 x CAP66CF charcoal filters are required for the DD903BK
1 x CAP72CF charcoal filter is required for the DD522BK.
These can be purchased directly from www.caple.co.uk or by calling our sales office on 0117 938 1900.
Air recycled through the charcoal filters is recirculated back into the room via a 5mm ventilation slot in the kitchen plinth (fig 8a) or a plinth grill (fig 8b). caple DD522BK Downdraft Hood User Manual
Universal plinth grille (GRILL/SENSE600) can be purchased at www.caple.co.uk
Installation must comply with the regulations in force regarding the ventilation of enclosed environments. The use of discontinued ducts is not allowed without the approval of a qualified technician. caple DD522BK Downdraft Hood User Manual
REMOVAL OF GREASE FILTER , AND MOUNTING THE CHARCOAL FILTER
The removal and fitting of the grease and charcoal filters need to be carried out with the downdraft in the open position (see figure 7). To open the downdraft, push the key. Remove the grease filter first and then pull the plastic key of the charcoal filter panel to disengage it from it’s setting. Follow these steps in reverse order to insert the active charcoal filter. caple DD522BK Downdraft Hood User Manual
To maintain effective use of your downdraft, the charcoal filter should be replaced at least every 6 months. caple DD522BK Downdraft Hood User Manual
Place the metal box containing the electronic components at a distance of no less than 65cm from the hobs or in any case, 65cm from the suctioning surface of the cooker hood.
After having replaced the filters, reinstall the front stainless steel panel, otherwise the Downdraft is not able to function. caple DD522BK Downdraft Hood User Manual
We recommend installing the metal box containing the electronic components at least 10cm above floor level and at a suitable distance from all heat sources (e.g. ovens or hobs).
This appliance is fitted with an H05 VVF 3 conductor, 0.75 mm2 (neutral, phase, and ground) power cord. This can be connected up to a 220 – 240V monophasic electrical network through a CEI 60083 approved power socket, which must remain accessible after installation, in compliance with installation regulations. caple DD522BK Downdraft Hood User Manual
We decline any responsibility in case of accidents caused by a lack of ground connection or incorrect ground connection. The appliance must be fed through a differential protection device (RCD), with a nominal residual current not exceeding 30mA. If the power cord is damaged, call Caple Service to avoid any risk.
The downdraft connection to the electrical network must be carried out only by professional and qualified technicians. The downdraft must be connected to a properly installed and suitable electrical network. The electrical system must comply with VDE0100 standard. caple DD522BK Downdraft Hood User Manual
If the cooker hood presents any anomaly, disconnect the appliance or remove the fuse corresponding to the appliance power disconnecting line.
If the appliance has no plug or if the plug is not easily accessible, then a device needs to be fitted to cut it off from the electric network; this device must have an opening distance between contacts on all poles of at least 3mm. caple DD522BK Downdraft Hood User Manual
While installing the appliance and carrying maintenance operation, make sure it is disconnected from the electrical network or the fuses are cut out or removed. caple DD522BK Downdraft Hood User Manual
› Power is enough.
› Feeder lines (mains) are in good condition.
› The cable diameter complies with installation regulations.
OPERATING THE DOWNDRAFT EXTRACTOR
PUSH BUTTON CONTROL PANEL
› 10 minute timer, after which the motor is turned off and the front is closed. The setting of the function is signalled by indicator the motor speed indicator flashing. caple DD522BK Downdraft Hood User Manual
MOTOR SPEED INDICATOR
› The LED gives off four different colours, depending on the set speed.
› First speed colour: WHITE
› Second speed colour: GREEN
› Third speed colour: BLUE
› Fourth speed colour: RED
› The key is only active with open top (45° 90°). For each selection of the function there is an increase of the motor speed, up to the fourth speed.
› The key is only active with open top (45° 90°). Each time you select the function you have a speed decrease of the motor, up to the first speed.
When the product is switched off, the first touch activates the top panel until it reaches the intermediate opening of 45°. As the intermediate opening is reached, the motor is automatically set to the 2nd speed. Another press will start full opening (90°) of the top panel, maintaining the speed of the motor. Another press will stop the motor and completely close the top panel. caple DD522BK Downdraft Hood User Manual
When the top panel is opened at 45°, hold down the button for 3 seconds, the top panel will close and the motor turns off.
When the top panel is closed, hold down the button for 3 seconds, the top panels opens by 90° and the motor is activated at the second speed.
The product DD522BK allows the opening of the glass top only by 90° (no 45° opening is possible). caple DD522BK Downdraft Hood User Manual
› This product is equipped with intelligent electronics which include a timer device for speed controls when the air capacity exceeds 650m³/h. Internal motor models, with maximum air capacity higher than 650m³/h, are equipped with a timer device that automatically switches the speed from 4th to 3rd speed, after 6 minutes operation.
› External motor models are equipped with remote motors that, as for internal motor versions, include a timer device that switches down the speed when it exceeds 650 m³/h.(See External Motors Instructions). Remote motors, whose air capacity exceeds 650m³/h at both 4th and 3rd speed, will have the following by default timer control functions: The speed is automatically switched from 4th to 2nd speed, after 6 minutes operation. caple DD522BK Downdraft Hood User Manual
› If the appliance is working at 3rd speed, it is automatically switched to 2nd speed, after
› 7 minutes operation. Operation speeds can also be changed during operation. The energy consumption of the appliance in standby mode is lower than 0.5W. caple DD522BK Downdraft Hood User Manual
AUTOMATIC TURN OFF
After 4 hours of continuous operation from the last setup, the appliance turns off automatically.
GREASE FILTERS SATURATION
After 30 hours of operation, the speed indicators will all flash simultaneously, signalling the grease filters saturation. To reset this alarm, hold the “TIMER” button down for at least 3 seconds, while the extractable unit is open. caple DD522BK Downdraft Hood User Manual
CLEANING THE EXTRACTOR
Careful maintenance ensures the correct operation and optimal performance. caple DD522BK Downdraft Hood User Manual
The hood must be disconnected from the electrical network, both by unplugging the appliance from the socket and activating the magnetic circuit breaker (safety cut-out), before removing the metal grease filters. After cleaning operations, replace the metal grease filters as outlined in the installation instructions. caple DD522BK Downdraft Hood User Manual
AFTER SALES SERVICE
Any maintenance operation on your appliance should be carried out by:
› Either your retailer;
› A Caple approved engineer, or similarly qualified personnel. caple DD522BK Downdraft Hood User Manual
If a problem still persists and further assistance is required, please contact our Caple after sales team on:
T – 0117 938 7420
E – [email protected]
caple DD522BK Downdraft Hood User Manual PDF Download