EUROM 307030 Sunblast 15000 Watts Oil
Canon User Manual
Thank you very much for choosing for a EUROM device. You have made a good choice! We hope you will be satisfied about its functioning. To get maximum profit from your product, it is important to read this manual attentive and totally before use, and to understand what is written. Read especially the safety instructions: they are there to protect you and your environment. Keep the manual in a safe place for future reference. Store also the package: that is the best protection for your product in times of no-use. And if you at any time pass the appliance on, pass on the manual and package too.
This manual has been complied with the utmost care. Nevertheless, we reserve the right to optimize this manual at any time and to adjust it technically. The image used may differ.
Flames may never exit the air outlet. If there are flames outside the outlet, pump pressure is too high.
Adjust pump pressure:
A. Remove the 3 screws and slide the hood backwards
B. Adjust the pressure with a screwdriver: clockwise = higher pressure, counter clockwise = lower pressure.
Do not cover the device
Important: Read these instructions carefully before you assemble and use this heater, and afterwards continue to observe them. Not following the safety instructions could lead to serious personal injury or even death, and/or to damage to the heater. When using the heater, you must always take into account the basic safety measures for preventing fire, electrical shock, explosion, burns, carbon monoxide poisoning, suffocation, personal injury and/or damage to the heater. When using the heater, observe all the applicable local regulations and codes. Save the instructions so that you can consult them again in the future. This instruction manual belongs to the device. Make sure that also in the future, every user of this device is familiar with its contents. EUROM 307030 Sunblast 15000 Watts Oil Canon
Watch out: life-endangering EUROM 307030 Sunblast 15000 Watts Oil Canon
Although the heater reaches a burning level close to 100%, the heater still produces a small quantity of carbon monoxide. Carbon monoxide (CO) is toxic. If the work area where the heater is used is insufficiently ventilated, the CO level can reach a deadly level. Therefore, sufficient ventilation is of utmost importance! The initial symptoms of carbon dioxide poisoning are flu-like symptoms: headache, dizziness, tears, runny nose, dry mouth and/or throat pain. It these symptoms are detected, then have everyone leave the premises, turn off the heater and ventilate the area thoroughly. Figure out why the carbon monoxide level increased: perhaps due to insufficient fresh air? Or a fault in the heater? Before you start using the heater again, you must eliminate the cause of the problem. Pregnant women, people with heart and lung problems, anaemia or alcoholic issues are especially vulnerable to carbon dioxide poisoning; keep your eyes open for these cases! If the heater is used in the vicinity of third parties, the user is responsible for making third parties aware of the safety precautions & instructions, and the danger of ignoring these. For sufficient supply of oxygen, this device required several ventilation openings to the outside of minimum 3,000 cm³ in total, divided over high and low openings (for example, 2 openings of 30 x 50 cm. minimally). EUROM 307030 Sunblast 15000 Watts Oil Canon
- Make sure that only persons who have read the instruction manual and have fully understood its contents are permitted to use and/or repair the device.
- Ensure sufficient ventilation: minimum 5,600 cm² per 100,000 BTU. Adequate ventilation is always necessary, both for proper burning and for removing the exhaust fumes. Therefore, make sure that you minimally have one low opening (close to the ground) and one high opening (near the ceiling). For this device: minimum 2 openings of 30 x 50 cm. EUROM 307030 Sunblast 15000 Watts Oil Canon
- Connect the electric cable to a correctly earthed socket that supplies the right wattage (220-240V). If necessary, use only an extension cable that is properly earthed.
- Do not use the device in a living room, lounge, bedroom or recreation room, etc. and not in or on top of a vehicle. Do not use it in confined spaces or in areas under ground level, such as cellars, pits, etc. Furthermore, do not use it in wet, damp or dusty areas.
- Do not use or store the heater in places that contain combustible, volatile or easily flammable fluids or gasses. In that context, also be mindful of petrol, thinners, paint, volatile vapours, etc. as well as spray cans pressurised with gas.
- If possible, it is best to use the device outdoors as long as it is not exposed splashing water or water jets, rain or other weather influences.
- Keep the device at a safe distance from flammable materials, such as wood and paper: at the front side minimally 2.4 metres, on the sides, top side and rear at 1.2 metres. Maintain a distance of at least 3 metres from canvas or plastic tarpaulin and prevent air flows from causing these items to come within the indicated limits.
- Make sure that the heater is always standing on a solid, flat and horizontal surface. · Do not use the heater if it has to stand on a foundation of wood or other flammable
materials. If this is unavoidable, make sure there is an insulating plate/blanket of at least 26 mm thick under the heater and that this protection protrudes at least one metre on all sides of the device.
- Make sure that the roofing/covering does not get too hot either. It is recommended to use roofing/covering made from fire-resistant material.
- Move the heater only when it is switched off and cooled down. Hold it horizontally to prevent leakage of fuel. It is better not to move the heater while it contains fuel in the tank. EUROM 307030 Sunblast 15000 Watts Oil Canon
- Use only good-quality diesel or purified petroleum. Never use volatile fuels, such as petrol, naphtha, turpentine, alcohol, processed oil, etc. These cause explosions!
- Do not start the heater if the combustion chamber is still hot.
- Do not start the heater if excess fuel has accumulated in the combustion chamber.
- Do not place any cooking utensils on top of the heater.
- Do not block the suction and exhaust openings. Do not attach any hoses, pipes or the like.
- Never remove the plug from the socket while the heater is still on or cooling down.
- Remove the plug from the socket when the heater is not being used. EUROM 307030 Sunblast 15000 Watts Oil Canon
- Never leave an operating heater unsupervised.
- Stop the heater and let it cool down before replenishing fuel. When replenishing, pull out the plug.
- Always re-fill the fuel outdoors. EUROM 307030 Sunblast 15000 Watts Oil Canon
- Make sure there is no open fire or sparks in the area where you are refilling (also no burning cigarette and the like).
- Make sure that the fuel filter is placed correctly in the opening when you are re-filling fuel.
- Carefully remove any spilled fuel before you re-use the heater.
- Do not use any external source of fuel for this heater.
- If you think you will not be using the heater for a long period, remove all the excess fuel from the tank.
- During use, the air blown out and the upper surface of the heater become exceptionally hot. Both adults and children (as well as animals) should maintain sufficient distance from the heater to prevent burns or clothing catching fire. Never touch a device that is operating. Keep children, clothing and other flammable materials away from the heater.
- The heater has a thermostat and therefore can start heating again on at any time. Therefore, never examine the blow opening of a connected heater and never stand in front of the blow opening. EUROM 307030 Sunblast 15000 Watts Oil Canon
- Do not touch the device, do not move it and do any maintenance to it while it is operating. First, switch it off and give it time to cool down.
- Ensure that there is careful supervision when this device is used in the presence of children, incapacitated individuals or pets. Do not allow children to play with the device. This device should not be operated by children or by people with physical, sensory or mental disabilities or by people who have no understanding of or experience with the device. Keep children, people with physical, sensory or mental disabilities, as well as pets, away from this device.
- Do not make your own adjustments to the device, do not use it if any third parties made any changes to it and do not operate it if parts are missing or were removed. Do not circumvent or change any safety features to have it operate nevertheless. Repairs may be carried out only by qualified professionals. EUROM 307030 Sunblast 15000 Watts Oil Canon
Never leave an operating heater without supervision. Switch it off first and remove the plug from the socket!
- Front housing
- Indication lamp
- Thermostat button
- Temperature display
- On/off and reset switch
- Operation panel
- Safety grill
- Housing support
- Fuel meter
- Fuel tank
- Tank cap
- Cover of the control panel
This heater provides immediate burning of purified petroleum or diesel. Immediate burning means that any substance placed inside the heater is burned immediately. A blower or fan then forces the air through the heater. The purpose of the heater is to temporarily heat a building or areas under renovation. EUROM 307030 Sunblast 15000 Watts Oil Canon
EUROM 307030 Sunblast 15000 Watts Oil Canon Dimensions
The fuel supply system: The fuel pump uses pressure to lead the fuel into the nozzle, which subsequently injects the fuel in minuscule particles into the combustion chamber, see illustration.
Immediate ignition process: As soon as the transformer is powered (230V), it converts this into high voltage, which the spark plug discharges. The spark ignites the fuel particles in the combustion chamber. EUROM 307030 Sunblast 15000 Watts Oil Canon
Cooling and ventilation process: The fan in back of the heater (2nd fan) supplies the heater with oxygen for burning and blasting the hot air. The fan underneath (1st fan) cools the surface of the heater. EUROM 307030 Sunblast 15000 Watts Oil Canon
Overheating protection: This heater is manufactured with a temperature-limit control that switches off the heater whenever the internal temperature increases to an unsafe level. When the temperature decreases to below the set limit, you can restart the heater. If this occurs, your heater may need maintenance. Do not ignore this signal!
Protecting the electric circuit: A fuse protects the components of the electric circuit against damage. If you suspect that the fuse has been burnt, send the device for repair.
Flame sensor: The heater uses a photocell to `see’ the flame in the combustion chamber. If the flame is distinguished, the sensor will stop the heater and it will switch off.
Fall protection: The heater has a fall protection that switches off the device if it topples over. EUROM 307030 Sunblast 15000 Watts Oil Canon
The electromagnetic pump makes some noise when it is operated for the first time and after replenishing fuel. This is caused by the air removed from the pump. This subdues after 10 seconds. Do not let the pump work without fuel; this reduces the lifespan of the pump. EUROM 307030 Sunblast 15000 Watts Oil Canon
Putting into operation
- Carefully remove the heater from the box and put away all the packaging materials. Save the box and packaging materials for storing the heater in the future.
- Check the heater carefully for any damage (from transport). Do not use a device that looks damaged; contact your supplier.
- Before using the device, affix the handle and the protecting cap as illustrated in the instruction manual using the screws provided with the package. EUROM 307030 Sunblast 15000 Watts Oil Canon
- Fill the fuel tank until the fuel meter indicates `F’. Always do the filling outdoors and make sure that the device is standing firmly and flatly. Never overfill and carefully remove any spilled fuel. Never re-fill fuel if the device is operating or it is still hot. That could result in an explosion. EUROM 307030 Sunblast 15000 Watts Oil Canon
- Use only purified petroleum or diesel as fuel. Purified petroleum is the most purified form. If you use diesel, then ensure additional ventilation to extract the polluted odours. Diesel could also create some soot. Use only recommended fuels; no other types. Also read the precautions under `refilling fuel’.
- Do not store the fuel in a space used by people. It must be stored in a well-ventilated space unused by people. Do not expose the fuel to direct sunlight and never place it close to a source of heat.
- Never use volatile fuels, such as petrol, naphtha, turpentine, alcohol, processed oil, etc. This can cause a fire or explosion!
- Do not use fuel left over from the previous season. The quality of petroleum deteriorates in the course of time. Old petroleum does not burn well in this heater and can damage it! EUROM 307030 Sunblast 15000 Watts Oil Canon
- The first time you start the device, start it outdoors. Oil is used during the manufacturing process of this device. During the first minutes of operating the device in a safe environment, this oil will burn up. For this purpose, give the device at least 10 minutes’ time. EUROM 307030 Sunblast 15000 Watts Oil Canon
- Ensure sufficient ventilation, see Precautions.
Starting the heater
- Check whether there is enough fuel in the tank and whether the cap is properly closed.
- Check whether the on/off switch is on OFF. EUROM 307030 Sunblast 15000 Watts Oil Canon
- Plug the plug into the suitable and undamaged 220-240V earthed socket If necessary, use an extension cable (with earthing) that has sufficient output.
- Turn the thermostat button to the desired temperature. You can set it from 5 to 45°C. The heater will work until it reaches the set temperature. The display shows the current temperature. EUROM 307030 Sunblast 15000 Watts Oil Canon
- Press the on/off switch to ON. The indication lamp and the display will light up and the heater will start operating. Comment: ff the heater does not start, then most likely the thermostat has been set too low. Turn the button to a higher position until the device starts to work. If that still does not work, press the on/off switch, one time OFF and a second time ON. If the device still does not ignite, then consult the Troubleshooting Guide in back of this manual.
Comment: the electric system is protected by a fuse. If the heater does not start, then the fuse might be burned. Have a qualified technician check or replace the fuse. Check whether the socket provides the correct voltage to the device. EUROM 307030 Sunblast 15000 Watts Oil Canon
Shutting off the heater
- Press the on/off button to OFF. The fan will still cool for a while; remove the plug from the socket as soon as the fan stops. Warning! Do not remove the plug from the socket while the fan is still running! Not cooling down a hot heater could cause problems that are not covered by the warranty! EUROM 307030 Sunblast 15000 Watts Oil Canon
Re-starting the heater
- Wait at least 10 seconds after switching off the heater.
- Reset the on/off switch to the ON position.
- Carefully follow all the other instructions in the start procedure.
Off-season, store your heater (if possible in the original packaging) in a dry and well-ventilated area. This area may not be dusty and should be free of corrosive vapours. After the season, remove the fuel from the tank; fuel left too long in the device damages it. EUROM 307030 Sunblast 15000 Watts Oil Canon
- Open the tank cap and remove the fuel by using a flexible hose.
- Clean the interior of the tank with some petroleum, diesel or the like. Never use water; that can create rust!
- Dry the tank well.
Warning! Never carry out any maintenance tasks while the heater is still warm or still connected to a source of power. First remove the plug from the socket.
If a component needs to be replaced, use only the original component supplied by the manufacturer. Non-original components can lead to dangerous situations and using them invalidates the warranty. EUROM 307030 Sunblast 15000 Watts Oil Canon
Nozzle: The nozzle must be cleaned or replaces at least once per year. If you have used contaminated fuel, the nozzle must be replaced immediately. To clean the nozzle, it must be removed from the heater, then soaked and cleaned with petroleum or diesel. Be very careful when dismantling and reassembling the various components: see drawing!
Spark plug: The spark plug must be cleaned every 600 working hours or earlier if necessary. The opening must also be checked and re-adjusted if necessary. Remove the spark plug from the heater and clean it with a steel brush. The gap between the electrodes must be 3.5 to 3.7 mm.
Photocell: the photocell must be cleaned at least once per year or more frequently, if necessary. Clean the lens with a cotton cloth moistened with water or alcohol. Make sure you reinstall it in the correct position, see illustration! EUROM 307030 Sunblast 15000 Watts Oil Canon
Fuel filter: Both fuel filters (under the tank cap and under the fuel pipe) must be cleaned twice per season by rinsing them in clean fuel. If you accidentally used contaminated fuel, clean the filters immediately. If you use diesel, you may need to clean the filters more often. Inadequate or poor maintenance can result in incomplete burning and the formation of soot. EUROM 307030 Sunblast 15000 Watts Oil Canon
Fuel tank: Clean the tank every 200 operating hours or more frequently if necessary. Use petroleum or diesel for cleaning; never use water! Let the tank dry well after cleaning EUROM 307030 Sunblast 15000 Watts Oil Canon .
Troubleshooting guide and error messages
E0: No power. Ensure the correct supply of power. EUROM 307030 Sunblast 15000 Watts Oil Canon
E1 and E2: Contact a qualified technician for repairs.
E3: The thermostat has switch off the device. After cooling down sufficiently, the device will restart automatically. EUROM 307030 Sunblast 15000 Watts Oil Canon
At its end of life, discard the device according to the local laws and regulations, or deliver the device to your supplier. EUROM 307030 Sunblast 15000 Watts Oil Canon
Exploded drawing part breakdown