hama 00054240 Digital Radio User Manual
Inputs AUX In 3.5mm
ℹ Further information and features are available on/ www.hama.com -> 00054240
Use your phone, tablet or computer as a remote control for Spotify. Go to spotify.com/connect to learn how.
Important information – Quick-reference guide
- ℹ This quick-reference guide contains the most important basic information, such as safety instructions and the steps necessary to operate the product.
- To help protect the environmental and conserve valuable raw materials, Hama does not issue a printed manual and instead makes this available exclusively as a PDF download.
- The full text of the manual is available at the following internet address: www.hama.com -> 00054240 -> Downloads
- Save the manual on your computer for reference and print them out if possible.
1. Explanation of Warning Symbols and Notes
Risk of electric shock
This symbol indicates a risk of electric shock from touching product parts carrying hazardous voltage.
This symbol is used to indicate safety instructions or to draw your attention to specific hazards and risks.
This symbol is used to indicate additional information or important notes.
2. Explanation of product marking symbols
▣ Electrical device of protection class II
Protection against electric shocks by reinforced or double insulation of voltage carrying parts
∼ The product must be used only with alternating current.
3. Package Contents
- Digital radio DIR45BT
- Dipole antenna
- 3.5-mm jack cable
- Quick guide
4. Safety Notes
- The product is intended for private, non-commercial use only.
- Protect the product from dirt, moisture and overheating and use it in dry rooms only.
- As with all electrical devices, this device should be kept out of the reach of children.
- Do not drop the product and do not expose it to any major shocks.
- Do not operate the product outside the power limits given in the specifications.
- Keep the packaging material out of the reach of children due to the risk of suffocation.
- Dispose of packaging material immediately according to locally applicable regulations.
- Do not modify the device in any way. Doing so voids the warranty.
- Do not place any objects on the device and never use it for keeping things on.
Risk of electric shock
- Do not open the device or continue to operate it if it becomes damaged.
- Do not use the product if the AC adapter, adapter cable or power cable is damaged.
- Do not attempt to service or repair the device yourself. Leave any service work to qualified experts.
5. Before starting
ℹ Note on use
- When a selection among menu items is to be made (such as Y or N), the one currently selected flashes.
- In menus offering a variety of different options (such as DRC, language and so on), the currently selected option is marked with *.
Navigation and controls
[NAVIGATE/ENTER/VOLUME] (7) has two different
- Turn [NAVIGATE/ENTER/VOLUME] (7) to select among menu items.
- Confirm the selection by pressing [NAVIGATE/ENTER/
Press [Back/Info] (6) to return to the previous menu level.
Turn [NAVIGATE/ENTER/VOLUME] (7) to increase/reduce
6. Getting started
ℹ Note – Optimal reception
- For best reception, ensure that the antenna is fully extended.
- Try various different positions if necessary to get the best reception.
6.1 Switching the device on
- Connect the device to a properly installed socket.
- Only connect the product to a socket that has been approved for the device. The electrical socket must always be easily accessible.
- Disconnect the product from the mains using the on/off switch – if this is not available, unplug the product from the socket.
- Wait until the radio initialisation procedure has finished.
The station search in the operating mode DAB starts up automatically when the radio is turned on for the first time.
By default, the radio starts with the English menu navigation. Set up your desired language as described in.
At initial start-up, the language of the radio defaults to English. To change the language, please proceed as follows:
- Press and hold [Mode/Settings] (5) for about 3 seconds to access the settings menu.
- Turn [VOLUME/ENTER/NAVIGATE] to navigate to the ‘System’ menu item.
- Confirm the selection by pressing [VOLUME/ENTER/ NAVIGATE].
- Turn [VOLUME/ENTER/NAVIGATE] to get to the ‘Language’ menu item. Confirm the selection by pressing [VOLUME/ENTER/NAVIGATE].
- Turn [VOLUME/ENTER/NAVIGATE] to select your desired system language.
- Confirm the selection by pressing [VOLUME/ENTER/ NAVIGATE].
- You can choose from the following languages: English, German, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish.
7. Care and Maintenance
- Only clean this product with a slightly damp, lint-free cloth and do not use aggressive cleaning agents.
- If you do not use the product for a long time, turn off the device and disconnect it from the power supply. Store it in a clean, dry place out of direct sunlight.
8. Warranty Disclaimer
Hama GmbH & Co KG assumes no liability and provides no warranty for damage resulting from improper installation/mounting, improper use of the product or
from failure to observe the operating instructions and/ or safety notes.
9. Service and Support
Please contact Hama Product Consulting if you have any questions about this product.
Hotline: +49 9091 502-115 (German/English)
Further support information can be found here: www.hama.com
The complete instruction manual is available at: www.hama.com -> 00054240 -> Downloads
10. Recycling Information
Note on environmental protection:
After the implementation of the European Directive 2012/19/EU and 2006/66/EU in the national legal system, the following applies: Electric and electronic devices as well as batteries must not be disposed of with household waste. Consumers are obliged by law to return electrical and electronic devices as well as batteries at the end of their service lives to the public collecting points set up for this purpose or point of sale. Details to this are defined by the national law of the respective country. This symbol on the product, the instruction manual or the package indicates that a product is subject to these regulations.
By recycling, reusing the materials or other forms of utilising old devices/Batteries, you are making an important contribution to protecting our environment.
Restrictions or Requirements in
Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Germany, Estonia, Ireland, Greece, Spain, France, Croatia, Italy, Cyprus, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Hungary, Malta, the Netherlands, Austria, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Slovakia, Finland, Sweden, United Kingdom
If channels 36-64 (channels of frequency 5150 MHz – 5350 MHz) are used, the device may only be used in closed rooms.
ℹ To limit exposure to electromagnetic fields
This device is intended for use at a distance of at least 20 cm from the body of the user or persons nearby. This device must not be worn or carried on the body.
11. Declaration of Conformity
Hereby, Hama GmbH & Co KG declares that the radio equipment type  is in compliance with Directive 2014/53/EU. The full text of the EU declaration of conformity is available at the following internet address: www.hama.com->00054240 ->Downloads.
12. Consumption information according to directive
(EU) No. 801/2013 amending the directive (EC) No. 1275/2008
** Not networked – “Maintain network connection – NO”. Not available in FM mode, if present.
*** Networked – “Maintain network connection – YES”
Please note that the actual power consumption can be dependent on multiple factors. These include the personal settings, the operating mode, the ambient temperature and the firmware version of the product used.
The values set out above represent maximum values. The actual reference values can be found at: www.hama.com ->00054240 -> Downloads -> Consumption information
Hama GmbH & Co KG
The Spotify software is subject to third party licenses found here: www.spotify.com/connect/third-party-licenses
The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Hama GmbH & Co KG is under license. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.
All listed brands are trademarks of the corresponding companies. Errors and omissions excepted, and subject to technical changes. Our general terms of delivery and payment are applied.
hama 00054240 Digital Radio User Manual PDF Download