HYUNDAI VK 180 Electric Water Kettle User Manual
Dear customer, thank you for purchasing our product. Please read the operating instructions carefully before putting the appliance into operation and keep these instructions including the warranty, the receipt and, if possible, the box with the internal packing.
⚠ I. SAFETY WARNING
– Consider the instructions for use as a part of the appliance and pass them on to any other user of the appliance.
– Check whether the data on the type label correspond with the voltage in your socket.
– This product can be used by children at the age of 8 years and older if they are supervised or if they were instructed regarding use of the appliance in a safe way and if they understand possible risks. User cleaning and maintenance must not be performed by children if they are younger than 8 year and unsupervised. Children younger than 8 years must be kept out of reach of the appliance and its power cord.
– The device may be used by persons with reduced physical or mental abilities or lack of experience and knowledge only if they are under supervision or they have been instructed about using the appliance safely and understand the potential dangers.
– Children must not play with the appliance.
– The electric kettle is intended for heating the maximum of 1.7 l of water. If the water level exceeds the maximum recommended amount, hot water may be splashing out.
– WARNING: Do not open the lid if the water is boiling or if it is hot.
– CAUTION – Do not use the appliance with a program, time switch or any other part that turns the appliance on automatically as there is a risk of fire if the appliance is not covered or placed properly.
– When the appliance is in operation, prevent pets, plants or insects to get in contact with it.
– Do not plug the fork of the supply cord into the power outlet and do not unplug the cord with wet hands or by pulling by the supply cord!
– Use the electric kettle with the stand designed for this type only and only for its intended purpose.
– Prevent injuries when handling (e.g. by hot water, steam).
– The appliance is equipped with the heat safety lock which disconnects power supply if the steam sensor fails, if water boils away or if an empty kettle is turned on. If it happens, unplug the appliance from power supply and let it cool down. Do not fill the kettle with cold water in order to cool it down quickly. It could reduce life of the heating element.
– Use this appliance only for the purpose for which it was designed as specified in this user‘s manual. Never use the appliance for any other purpose.
– The producer is not responsible for damage caused by improper use of the appliance (e.g. burning, scalding, fire) and its guarantee for the appliance does not apply to situations when the safety warnings above are not complied with.
USE OF THE APPLIANCE:
– Use the electric kettle with the stand designed for this type only.
– Never immerse the electric kettle and the stand in water and other liquids (even partially)!
– Never leave the appliance unsupervised and check it during the whole time of water heating!
– This appliance is not intended for outdoor use.
– The appliance is intended for home use and similar (in shops, offices and similar workplaces, in hotels, motels and other residential environments, in facilities providing accommodation with breakfast). It is not intended for commercial use!
– Use the appliance in the working position only at places with no risk of turning over and in sufficient distance from heat sources (e.g. heater, stove, cooker, oven, grill), flammable objects (e.g. curtains, drapes, etc.) and wet surfaces (e.g. sinks, wash basins, etc.).
– Do not place the appliance near objects or under objects which could get damaged by steam, e.g. walls, kitchen cupboards, sideboards, paintings, or curtains. Leaking steam could damage them.
– Do not use the appliance in an environment saturated with explosive or flammable steams.
– There must be water in the electric kettle before putting into operation. Do not fill the electric kettle with water if it is on the stand.
– Do not touch outer surfaces during operation of the kettle, they are hot and there is a risk of getting burned. Do not touch the lid during and after cooking!
– Before switching on the kettle ensure that the water level is between MIN and MAX marks
– According to the type of your kettle, the surface is ceramic or glass. These materials are very fragile, pay special attention when handling, operation, maintenance and storage to avoid injury.
Never use the kettle if it is broken, cracked or shows signs of any damage or fissure.
– If you are not going to use the electric kettle for longer time, we recommend unplugging the stand from power supply by taking the fork of the power cord out of the socket.
– If the power cord of the appliance is corrupted, it has to be replaced by the manufacturer, its service technician or a similarly qualified person so as to prevent dangerous situations.
– Never use the appliance if its power cord or plug is damaged, if it does not work properly, if it fell down and was damaged or if it fell to water. In this case take the appliance to a special service to check its safety and proper function.
– Never put the power cord on hot surfaces or do not let it hang over the edge of a table or a work top. Plugging or pulling the power cord e.g. by children can result in tilting over or drawing the appliance down and serious injury!
– The power cord must not be damaged with sharp or hot objects, open fire, it must not be sunk into water or bent over sharp edges.
II. DESCRIPTION OF THE APPLIANCE
A – electric kettle
A1 – off/on button 0/I (steam sensor switch*)
A2 – control light
A3 – water gauge
A4 – handle
A5 – lid
A6 – lid lock button
A7 – filtration sieve
B – removable stand
B1 – central connector
B2 – power cord
* The steam sensor ensures automatic switch off the appliance after reaching the boiling point.
III. INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
Before the first use, fill the electric kettle with clean water to the maximum level, turn it on and let the water boil. Then pour out the water and repeat the procedure several times (at least five times).
Open the lid A5 by pressing the lock button A6. Fill the kettle with drinking water. Close the lid by snapping. Put the electric kettle on the stand and turn it to the I position by the A1 button. Function of the electric kettle is signalled with the control light A2. After boiling the appliance switches off automatically. Before reaching the boiling point, you can switch off the appliance by turning the A1 button to the 0 position.
– When heating water, the lid must be closed, otherwise the kettle will not turn OFF.
– In bigger tilting of the electric kettle backwards, particularly when it is filled up to maximum, water can flow out from the electric kettle in the bottom part of the kettle. This does not affect safety or other functions and it does not mean any failure of the electric kettle. In the case of tilting the electric kettle with hot water there is a risk of scalding. Therefore do not tilt the electric kettle.
– Recommendation: When the kettle is not used, do not place it on the stand connected to the mains. If you are going not to use the kettle for a long time, unplug the power cord from the wall socket.
– If the kettle was removed from the stand during boiling, remains in ON position.
This means that if you put it back on the stand, it will immediately continue in heating
Unplug the appliance from power supply by taking the fork of the power cord out of the socket! Clean the kettle only when it is cooled down! Do not use rough and aggressive detergents (e.g. sharp objects, scrapers, diluting agents or other solvents)! The casing of the electric kettle is made of top-quality glass and the heating bottom is made of top-quality stainless steel, but in common use, impurities from water get stuck on them (water scale), particularly above the heating element. It is not rust or another material defect of the kettle container and the appliance is not subject to a complaint for this reason.
Cleaning the sieve (A7)
Take the sieve from the kettle. Clean it from possible sediments in running water using a fine brush. Then put the sieve back in the opposite way.
Cleaning the kettle
In the hard water area, it is important to do the decalcification regularly to keep the kettle in good working condition, because too much scale inside may cause the kettle fail to work. For the best performance of your kettle, decalcify the unit from time to time. The frequency depends on the hardness of your tap water and how many times you have used the kettle. Decalcification will clean the interior of the unit.
This may be done in the following manner:
Put about 50 g of citric acid into the kettle with limescale sediment. Fill the kettle half with water and stir. After dissolving, fill it up to ¾ of maximum amount of water. Place the kettle on the stand and turn on. Turn off the kettle before reaching boiling point, let the solution work for 10 minutes and then pour it out. Rinse the kettle thoroughly with clean water. In case of very thick sediments, you can repeat the process. Clean the kettle regularly!
V. TECHNICAL DATA
Voltage (V) shown on the type label of the appliance
Absorbed power (W) shown on the type label of the appliance
Max. volume (l) 1.7
Weight (kg) approximately 1
Protection class of the appliance I.
Size, (mm): 210 x 160 x 230
Input in standby mode is < 0,50 W
The manufacturer reserves the right to change the technical specifications and accessories for the respective models.
Replacement of parts that require intervention in the electric part of the appliance must be carried out by a specialized service! Failure to comply with the instructions of the manufacturer will lead to expiration of the right to guarantee repair!
VI. LEGISLATIVE & ECOLOGY
WARNING: DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT NEAR WATER, IN WET AREAS TO AVOID FIRE OR INJURY OF ELECTRIC CURRENT. ALWAYS TURN OFF THE PRODUCT WHEN YOU DON’T USE IT OR BEFORE A REVISION. THERE AREN’T ANY PARTS IN THIS APPLIANCE WHICH ARE REPARABLE BY CONSUMER. ALWAYS APPEAL TO A QUALIFIED AUTHORIZED SERVICE. THE PRODUCT IS UNDER A DANGEROUS TENTION.
HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY. DO NOT IMMERSE IN WATER OR OTHER LIQUIDS. TO AVOID DANGER OF SUFFOCATION, KEEP THIS PLASTIC BAG AWAY FROM BABIES AND CHILDREN. DO NOT USE THIS BAG IN CRIBS, BEDS, CARRIAGES OR PLAYPENS. THIS BAG IS NOT A TOY.
Disposal of old Electrical & Electronic Equipment (Applicable in the European Union and other European countries with separate collection systems).
This symbol on the product or on its packaging indicates that this product (or battery/accumulator) shall not be treated as household waste. Instead it shall be handed over to the applicable collection point for the recycling of electrical and electronic equipment. By ensuring this product is disposed of correctly, you will help prevent potential negative consequences for the environment and human health, which could otherwise be caused by inappropriate waste handling of this product. The recycling of materials will help to conserve natural resources. For more detailed information about recycling of this product, please contact your local Civic Office, your household waste disposal service or the shop where you purchased the product.
Licensed by Hyundai Corporation Holdings, Korea.
Imported by ETA a.s., náměstí Práce 2523, 760 01 Zlín, CZ
Download Manual PDF
HYUNDAI VK 180 Electric Water Kettle User Manual PDF Download