JAMARA 053371 Veloce EP LiPo 2.4 GHz
M Monster Truck User Manual
Jamara e.K. is not liable for any damage caused to the product itself or through this, provided this is due to improper operation or handling errors. The Customer alone bears the full responsibility for the proper use and handling, including without limitation, the assembly, the charging process, the use and choice of the operation area. Please refer to the operating and user instructions, it contains important information and warnings. JAMARA 053371 Veloce
This model is not a toy!
Not suitable for children under 36 months. RISK OF SUFFOCATION! Keep away necessarily from children. Contains small parts which can be swallowed.
This product is a model building article. This means that the vehicle must always be serviced (check for damage, check screw connections, clean etc…). Wear parts such as the main gear, motor pinion, bone socket, etc. will wear out over time and must therefore be replaced. Crashes cannot always be avoided, so crash damage must also be repaired or replaced. Wear parts or defective parts due to crashes or insufficient maintenance are not covered by warranty, costs and repairs must be covered by the buyer himself. JAMARA 053371 Veloce
Certificate of Conformity
Hereby JAMARA e.K. declares that the products ,,Veloce EP RTR 2,4 GHz, No. 053370, No. 053371″ comply with Directives 2014/35/EU, 2014/53/EU and 2011/65/EU. The full text of the EU Declaration of Conformity is available at the following Internet address: www.jamara-shop.com/Conformity
Before operating: Switch the transmitter on first then the model. JAMARA 053371 Veloce
When finished: First switch off the model then the transmitter. Never operate your model beyond sight. Both the maximum visibility as well as the max. range of your model will depend on many factors such as weather, location and interfering frequencies. Therefore, before each use perform a range test with a second person securely holding the model and also check how the model reacts if there is a signal failure e.g. when empty transmitter batteries are installed.
Read the complete instructions and security instructions carefully before using the model. Caution! Please fully and carefully read warnings/ safety instructions. These are for our own security and can avoid accidents/injuries. JAMARA 053371 Veloce
Recommended Tool + Accessories
- Battery LiPo (No. 053371)
- Charger LiPo
- Battery NiMh (No. 053370)
- USB-Charger NiMh
- Transmitter: 4 x AA 1,5V, 4 x AA 1,5V,
No. 140267 (4 pieces)
- Dimensions: ~ 435 x 320 x 180 mm
- Weight: ~ 2500 g (No. 053370) ~ 2600 g (No. 053371)
- Battery: NiMh 7,2 V 2000 mAh (No. 053370) LiPo 7,4 V 5000mAh (No. 053371)
- Motor: Venti 550, 270 W
No responsibility is taken for the correctness of this information’s. JAMARA 053371 Veloce
You have purchased a RTR model, which means it should be ready for immediate use after charging all batteries. You need to check the car, electronics and all plastic parts after each use to make sure no parts are damaged. Also all the moving parts must be checked for their clearance, bolts and screws that they are tight.
Getting Started – Charging process
NiMh Charging process (053370) JAMARA 053371 Veloce
Connect the USB charger to a USB port. We recommend a USB adapter (2A) for the grounding receptable. USB ports of computers and laptops usually cannot provide sufficient current to charge the battery. The LED on the charger lights up green. Connect the USB charger to the NiMh drive battery. The red LED of the USB charger signals the charging process. If the plug of the charger and the plug of the drive battery do not match, a charging adapter is included with your model. When the battery is fully charged, the LED lights up green. Make absolutely sure that the charging time is not exceeded. Do not charge any batteries other than the NiMh battery supplied. The average charging time for the empty NiMh battery supplied is approx. 6 – 8 hours. If the LED flashes, there is a fault. Please contact the customer service. JAMARA 053371 Veloce
Only charge suitable battery`s with this charger. Suitable battery`s are Nickel metal hydride battery`s with max. 6 cells, max. 7,2 V nominal voltage and max. 2000mAh. The battery must have a tamiya plug. The charging of unsuitable battery`s can cause damage to the charger and the battery`s. Fire Hazard! The charging connection of the charger is not allowed to get altered or soldered to a different balancer plug type! JAMARA 053371 Veloce
LiPo Charging process (053371)
Important notes on the suitability of the battery:
Make sure to use only lithium polymer batteries with XH balancer connector. Only these may be used with the charger. Other connections and battery types must not be used (fire hazard due to reverse polarity or overcharging may result). JAMARA 053371 Veloce
Please contact the manufacturer of your battery to find out whether your battery is suitable. Only LiPo batteries with a capacity of at least 1600mAh must be used (otherwise there is a risk of fire due to excessive charging current). If you use batteries with a capacity below 1600mAh, the batteries must be approved for a charging current of 1600mA (Speed charging). Please ask the manufacturer of your battery if your battery meets these requirements.
You may only connect one single battery to the charger at a time. Charging 2 batteries at the same time is NOT allowed and will cause damage to the battery or charger (fire hazard). JAMARA 053371 Veloce
- Power Slot 100 – 240 V
- 2S Balancer
- 3S Balancer
(Not required for this model)
- Status LEDs
Charging a battery
- Plug the power cord of the charger into a suitable socket. The LEDS light up green and indicate that the charger is ready for charging.
- Now connect the empty battery to the charger. 7.4V 2S batteries to the 3 pin connector or 11.1V 3S batteries to the 4 pin connector. Do not use force and pay attention to reverse polarity. The LEDs change to red after a few seconds and indicate that the battery cells are charging. JAMARA 053371 Veloce
When connecting a 2S battery, only the first 2 LEDs (Cell1-2) change to red, LED 3 (Cell 3) will remain green. When 3S batteries are connected, all LEDs are red (Cell1-3).
As soon as a the battery cell is full, the corresponding LED changes to green. Because the cells are charged individually in a balanced way, it is possible that one cell is fully charged earlier than the others. Always leave the battery on the charger until all connected cells are fully charged (green) to allow the charger to balance your battery JAMARA 053371 Veloce
Detecting a full battery.
When you connect a full battery to the charger, the LEDs will turn red for a few seconds and then turn green again. This means that the battery is already fully charged.
Detecting a defective battery.
If the LEDs remain green when an empty battery is connected, there is a defect in the battery (cell defect or deep discharge). In this case, immediately disconnect the battery from the charger and use another battery. JAMARA 053371 Veloce
Always disconnect the battery from the charger immediately after charging. Always disconnect the charger from the power supply immediately after disconnecting the battery. Inserting the rechargeable battery or charger after charging will result in damage to the battery, charger or the power supply (fire hazard). JAMARA 053371 Veloce
Inserting batteries into the transmitter Put 4 AA Batteries into the Transmitter JAMARA 053371 Veloce
Non-rechargeable batteries are not to be recharged!
Do not open! Do not dispose of in fire!
Do not mix old and new batteries!
Do not mix alkaline batteries, standard (carbon-zinc) or rechargeable batteries!
Rechargeable batteries are to be removed from the toy before being charged!
Rechargeable batteries are only to be charged under adult supervision!
The supply terminals are not to be short-circuited! JAMARA 053371 Veloce
- Put the battery into the battery holder in the vehicle and secure it with the velcro straps. Make sure that the battery is safely locked in the battery holder without any great play.
- Now connect the battery to the speed control in the model. If the plug of the speed control and battery do not match, then you will find a connection lead in your box
- Turn the radio on and make sure all the trim buttons on the transmitter are in neutral position. Read the chapter for usage of the transmitter.
- Keep the car in the air in case that the motor turns at full power.
- Switch the speed control on the On / Off switch.
- We encourage you now to activate your receiver‘s built-in Failsafe unit. On delivery it is turned off. (see chapter Fail Safe).
- If this is your first racer, we recommend to drive it on a small test track to familiarise yourself with the control of the vehicle and the controls of the transmitter. JAMARA 053371 Veloce
Always switch off the model immediately after each use. Immediately after each use the battery should be disconnected from the model. The battery can be deeply discharged by leaving it switched on accidentally or leaving it plugged in. Deep discharge causes the battery to lose power or can be damaged to such an extent that charging or discharging is no longer possible or the battery can self-ignite during charging or discharging (fire hazard). Never attempt to charge or discharge deep discharge batteries. The voltage of the LiPo batteries should never be under 6 volt and the NiMh battery never under 4 Volt to avoid a depth discharge. The fully charged LiPo battery has a voltage of approx. 8,4 Volt and the NiMH battery 8,5 Volt. After usage, the intact battery has to be fully charged after a cooling phase of at least 10 min but not longer than 12 hrs. This is to avoid a deep discharge caused by a self discharge. When not using or storing the battery´s it has to be checked at least every three months for voltage (For LiPo min. 8 Volt, for NiMh min. 7,4 Volt.) or damage and if necessary charged or disposed. JAMARA 053371 Veloce
Your vehicle has a pivot front suspension. This has a number of advantages. It is very robust and easy to maintain. The set-up of the car has been done so the drive shaft will not pop out. As with any model, screws and bolts can losen during break-in of the car. This can result in tolerance of the drive shaft. The drive shaft can then pop out if high pressure is applied. The inner ball screw will enable you to adjust the tolerance resulting in fine adjustments of the track width. For best results when setting up the pivot ball for the first time, please always adjust the upper and lower pivot in the same way. Fasten as far as the pivot can still be pulled up and down easyly but not as far that it will pop out if you give full steering angle. The outer plastic socket screw is only used for securing of the steering knuckle. This should not be too tight, otherwise the steering is not smooth and the handling can be adversely affected. JAMARA 053371 Veloce
The front and rear bone pan absorbs most of the motor`s energy and directs it to the front and rear axles. Therefore, the hexagon socket screws which hold the bone pans on the transmission output shafts must be checked and, if necessary, tightened before the first use and in regular intervals e.g 5-7 uses. Insert a rubber ring to the front and the back connection cup. Please check the tolerance of the drive shaft. The tolerance should be approx. 1 2mm. You may have to move the connection cups to adapt the tolerance. Therefore you need to loosen the grub screws to adapt the connection cup. Afterwards tighten the grub screws. If not, the connection cups will move on the gear output shaft. That might cause the connection cup and the middle drive shaft to get damaged. JAMARA 053371 Veloce
Transmitter 2,4 GHz 2CH
- Programming Box
- Steering Wheel
- Throttle Lever
- Battery Hatch
- Charge Socket
- Simulator Cable Socket
If charging the batteries via the charging socket, the battery hatch cover should be removed to ensure sufficient cooling. JAMARA 053371 Veloce
- A. Steering Reverse (changed)
- B. Power LED
- C. Steering Trim
- D. ON/OFF Switch
- E. Throttle Reverse (changed)
- F. Power Check
- G. Binding Button
- H. Dual-Rate (maximum steering deflection)
- I. Throttle Trim
If the wheels do not point straight forward even though the steering wheel on the transmitter is in neutral, you can adjust it with the trim button on the transmitter. Trim L/R = steering
Should the wheels rotate forward or backward, even though no command was given through the transmitter, then also the throttle needs to be trimmed on the transmitter. Trim V/R = forward/backward
Insert the batteries
- Remove the battery compartment cover.
- Fit the 4 x AA batteries, observe the correct polarity.
- Replace the battery hatch
Binding the receiver to the transmitter
In the delivery state, the transmitter is already bound to the receiver. If the model does not respond to the transmitter, try binding it again.
For this purpose, proceed as follows:
- Put the battery into the model.
Now connect the battery to the speed control in the model.
- Plug the binding plug (included) into the channel 3 socket on the receiver.
- Switch the receiver system on. Depending on your soft-ware version of your receiver indicates the different binding mode (instead of flashing lights for example LED or remains out completely). The binding process as such is in all versions. The receiver LED will begin to flash indicating that the receiver is in bonding mode.
- Press and hold down the binding button on the transmitter whilst switching it on. JAMARA 053371 Veloce
- The transmitter will begin to flash indicating that the receiver is in bonding mode.
- Release the binding button on the transmitter and turn off the controller. Release the binding plug from the receiver.
- Switch of the transmitter. And remove the binding wire. The system be bound at the next start .
- If the receiver fails to bond or does not function after bonding repeat the above procedure until a successful bonding is achieved.
We encourage you now to activate your receiver`s built-in Failsafe unit. On delivery it is turned off.
Mount the 2.4 GHz antenna vertically as shown in the diagram. Do not allow any metal object to come into contact with the antenna or to shield it as this will reduce the range.
How to setup the fail safe function
- The instruction of function The function of protection of losing control is mainly for r/c boats and cars and keeps them away from damage through throttle channel. When the receiver is out of control signal, the receiver of throttle will automatically return to the initial position which set up before starting to avoid the error action :
- How to set the function
a. Switch on the transmitter power and enter into the working condition
b. Connect the receiver with power and enter into the working condition, the signal light on receive will blink all the time.
c. Control the throttle of transmitter and keeps the servo or ESC in the neutral position.
d. Press the setting button, the LED will be flash for 3 seconds (see on pict. left).
e. Release the setting button. The setting is finished. JAMARA 053371 Veloce
a. Switch on the transmitter and enter the working condition.
b. Contact the receiver with power and enter the working condition.
c. Turn off the power of transmitter.
d. The throttle of servo will be set automatically.
e. Finish these steps above means the setting is ok.
Operating Voltage 7,2 – 7,4 V
Battery Pack 2 Lipo | 6 NiCd/NiMh Cells
Internal Resistance Fwd: 0.002 Ohm, Bwd: 0.004 Ohm
BEC Voltage BEC 2A/5V (Linear mode BEC)
Intended use RC-Car 1:10
Protection Circuit Under voltage cut off
Continuous load 40 A
Size ~ 45 x 32 x 26 mm
If you want to disable the backward function just set the jumper to disable. If the jumper is set to enable the backward function is enabled.
This regulator has two battery modes which will be set with jumpers. If you are using a Lipo battery this jumper has to be set to Lipo. This function protects the lipo battery against deep discharge and possible damage due to deep discharge! At a threshold voltage of 6 V total the esc switches autom. off to safe the battery from under voltage. If you are using a NiMH battery this jumper has to be set to NiMh. The controller allows a voltage less than 6 V down to 4 V. JAMARA 053371 Veloce
Your controller is Splash-proof. Not waterproof. Avoid puddles that are higher than the controller is installed in the vehicle. Do not get the model under water. After each ride in the wet, the complete controller must be thoroughly dried and lubricate the mechanical components. Damage caused by improper use overload or lack of maintenance is not covered under warranty. JAMARA 053371 Veloce
Using your controller
To operate the ESC, proceed as follows:
- Switch on your transmitter and ensure that the throw for the throttle channel is in the middle.
- Ensure that the receiver switch is in the OFF position and connect a battery pack ensuring the correct polarity (+ and -).
- Switch the receiver system ON. JAMARA 053371 Veloce
- Once a battery is connected the system is `live` and extreme caution must be exercised to prevent injury due to the motor suddenly starting to turn.
- Do not connect the battery pack until directly before operating the model and disconnect the pack immediate after use.
- Conduct a range test before running the model for the first time. This test should be carried out at full, half and low throttle and if the servos jitter or make uncontrolled movements do not operate the model until the reason for the interference has been established and corrected.
- When the vehicle is being driven forwards, pulling the throttle back past the neutral position will cause the vehicle to brake. To make the vehicle then reverse, the throttle stick must first be moved back to the neutral position for a short period and then the model will reverse.
- If you want to disable the backward function just set the jumper to disable. If the jumper is set to enable the backward function is enabled.
Configuring your controller
The speed controller automatically calibrates itself to the transmitter signal. For this, the trim button of the gas channel at the transmitter must be set to neutral. Turn on the transmitter and then the speed controller. The speed controller signals the calibration with a short melody and is ready for use. In case the speed controller has no clear signal or the trim control is not set to neutral, the speed controller will not initialize. JAMARA 053371 Veloce
When using the controller please observe the following safety notes:
- Use only batteries which not exceed the max. operating voltage (2 Lipo cells | 6 NiCd/NiMh cells).
- Allow the ESC to cool down completely before operating it again.
- Remove the battery from the model when not in use.
- Always switch off the receiver first and then the transmitter. On switching on, switch on the transmitter first and then the receiver.
- Only use top quality cables and connectors. JAMARA 053371 Veloce
- Make sure that the ESC is adequately cooled and never wrap the unit in anything that insulates.
Front gear assembly diagram
Rear gear assembly diagram
Steering assembly diagram
Before each use make sure to check all bolt connections and cable connections. Your vehicle has a pivot front suspension. This has a number of advantages. It is very robust and easy to maintain. The set-up of the car has been done so the drive shaft will not pop out. As with any model, screws and bolts can losen during break-in of the car. This can result in tolerance of the drive shaft. The drive shaft can then pop out if high pressure is applied. The inner ball screw (item No.: 505081) will enable you to adjust the tolerance resulting in fine adjustments of the track width. For best results when setting up the pivot ball for the first time, please always adjust the upper and lower pivot in the same way. Fasten as far as the pivot can still be pulled up and down easyly but not as far that it will pop out if you give full steering angle. The outer plastic socket screw (item No.: 505080) is only used for securing of the steering knuckle. This should not be too tight, otherwise the steering is not smooth and the handling can be adversely affected. JAMARA 053371 Veloce
Upper plate assembly
The following settings are possible: toe-in / toe-out
A Toe-in: The responsiveness of the steering is less direct and the vehicle tends to oversteer, but it has better directional stability.
B Toe-out: More direct steering response and understeer, but has a worse directional stability.
Negative camber / positive camber front and rear
- A Negative camber: Better grip on terrain, as the edge of the wheels stem into the ground allowing higher cornering speed. We recommend approx. imately 1.5 degrees negative front and an ave rage of 0 degree to the rear. An excessive negative camber angle can deteriorate the ride quality. JAMARA 053371 Veloce
- B Positive camber: A Positive camber should be avoided in your vehicle due to poorer ride quality
Front caster high / low
Less caster: Less caster has a worse directional stability, but provides a better steering on corner entries. JAMARA 053371 Veloce
High caster: A higher caster has a better directional stability, but can result in worse corner turn-in.
Spring tension hard / soft front and rear
Harder: More direct response of the suspension but reduced grip. JAMARA 053371 Veloce
Softer: Less direct response of the chassis but more grip.
Damper angle soft / firm front and rear
Soft: More direct steering Firming: Less direct steering
Spring deflexion more / less front and rear
Less: Less ground clearance and lower center of gravity.
More: More ground clearance and higher center of gravity
The motor will not rotate after switching on. No signal is present.
- The battery pack or battery pack connectors are faulty.
– Check all of the connectors and the battery pack.
The motor will not turn after switching on. The ESC omits double signals with a 1 second interval. JAMARA 053371 Veloce
- The input voltage is too high or too low.
– Check the battery pack voltage.
The motor will not turn after switching on. The ESC omits single signals with a 2 second interval.
- No or a poor receiver signal.
– Check both the transmitter and receiver as well as the ESC connecting cable. JAMARA 053371 Veloce
The motor turns in the wrong direction.
- The motor connecting cables are swapped
– Swap 2 of the ESC/motor connecting cables
The motor suddenly stops turning.
- The battery voltage is too low.
– Charge the battery pack.
- No signal.
– Check the transmitter, receiver and all of the cables only steering response JAMARA 053371 Veloce
The motor stutters or runs irregularly.
- One of the connectors is loose.
– Carefully check all of the connectors.
- The receiver has intermediate interference.
– Switch the system off and then on. If the interference persists, operate the model in another location.
Model does not respond
- Battery or batteries empty or defective JAMARA 053371 Veloce
– Charge battery or replace
- Motor broken
– Replace motor
- Loose or damaged cable
– Reconnect cable or replace
- Transmitter turned off, lost or damaged binding
– Transmitter back on, bind or replace JAMARA 053371 Veloce
- Defective receiver
– Replace receiver
- Speed controller is defective or connection issue
– Connect properly or replace
Model react uncontrolled
- Transmitter turned off, lost or damaged binding
– Transmitter back on, bind or replace
- Controller not calibrated or programmed incorrectly JAMARA 053371 Veloce
– Recalibrate or reprogram
- Defective receiver
– Replace receiver
Engine is running when you turn on inadvertently
- Incorrectly set Failsafe
– Failsafe program to neutral
- Throttle trim on the transmitter is not in neutral JAMARA 053371 Veloce
– Throttle trim set to neutral
Model moves forward only
- Controller not calibrated or programmed in correctly
– Recalibrate or reprogram
Only steering response
- Regulator or Motor is defective or not Calibrated
– Calibrate speed controller or replace motor JAMARA 053371 Veloce
Steering does not respond
- Power steering defect
– Replace servo
- Dual Rate on the transmitter set too low or to 0
– Dual rate increase
- Very dirty steering lever or steering knuckle JAMARA 053371 Veloce
– Clean and lubricate well
Loud noise from the drive
- Main gear, pinion or differential damage
– Do not continue! affected part needs to be replaced
- Incorrect gear mesh
– Reset gear mesh JAMARA 053371 Veloce
Speed controller shuts off while driving
- Low voltage cut-off, battery voltage too low
– Charging the battery
- Overtemperature JAMARA 053371 Veloce
– Let speed controller cool
Front drive shafts fall out
- Too large track width
– Track width reduction
Tuning parts and accessories
- Read the instructions and security instructions carefully before using the model.
- This product is not intended for use by individuals (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and / or knowledge, unless they are supervised by a person responsible for their safety and is able to give instructions about how the product should be used. Children should be super-vised to ensure that they do not play with the product. JAMARA 053371 Veloce
- The User is fully responsible for the correct use of the model.
- The model should not be changed in any way, doing so will invalidate the guarantee.
- Protect the model from strong sunlight, moisture and dust.
- Be aware that some parts of the model may get hot.
- If R/C unit, motor, or battery get wet, clean and dry thoroughly in a dry shaded area. JAMARA 053371 Veloce
- Keep the model away from Children in case it is not appropriate to be used by a Child (see note of age).
- Do not operate your model near radio stations, power lines, transformer boxes or similar facilities! This can result in radio interference, causing loss of control over the model.
- Avoid driving the model to busy places. Never drive on public roads. JAMARA 053371 Veloce
- Keep hands, hair and loose clothing away from rotating and heated parts.
- Drive the models only in good weather. Do not drive this models in wind, rain or thunder storms.
- Inspect the model before and after every drive for damage and loosing screws and plug connections. Please ensure that only an intact model is used.
- Your model is made from such materials as plastic and rubber and as such is inflammable. Keep it away from any open flame, or high temperatures.
- Always ensure that the throttle stick is in the low position before you switch on. JAMARA 053371 Veloce
Safety preclusions for battery
Because of the high power compactivity (up to 150 Wh/kg) the cells are quite dangerous and need special care! The company Jamara excludes explicitly, all types of liability for damages, that can occure when using the Lithium-Polymer Cells inadequate. JAMARA 053371 Veloce
- When using the battery incorrect there is a risk of getting fire or acid-injuries.
- Overcharging, too high power, or discharging at low level destroys the cell.
- Protect from mechanical stress (squeezing, pushing, bending, drilling). JAMARA 053371 Veloce
- Never open or cut batteries, do not throw into fire, keep away from children.
- Handle damaged or leaking battery with care. Injuries or damages to the product can occure.
- Under no circumstance short-circuit the device and always watch out for correct polarity.
- Protect batteries from heat above 65 °C , mount away from hot objects (for example exhaust pipe).
- Before storing batteries (for example in the winter) charge the battery. Do not store in fully charged or in non charged state!
- The contents of the cell is harmful for skin and eye.
- If the content comes into contact with skin, clean with plenty of water and take off misted clothes.
- If the content comes into contact with the eyes, clean with plenty of water and consult a doctor. JAMARA 053371 Veloce
If the cell overheats, swells, burns or smoke is coming from it, do not touch it under any circumstances. Keep away in a safe distance and prepare adequate extinguishing agents such (No water explosion, well dry sand, fire extinguishers, fire blanket, salt water). JAMARA 053371 Veloce
Batteries and accumulators must not be disposed of in domestic waste. You are obliged to dispose of batteries (seperate collection) appropriately. After use you can return batteries free of charge to the retail store. As batteries contain substances that can be irritant, can cause allergy and are highly reactive, separate collections and proper recycling is important to the environment and to your health. If the batteries are marked with a chemical symbol Hg, Cd or Pb below the crossed-out waste bin on wheels it refers to that more than 0.0005% of mercury (Hg), more than 0.002% of cadmium (Cd) or more than 0.004% Lead (Pb) is included. JAMARA 053371 Veloce
Electrical appliances must not be disposed of in domestic waste and must be disposed of separately. You are obliged to take out the batteries, if possible, and to dispose of the electrical equipment at the communal collection points. Should personal data be stored on the electrical appliance you must remove them by yourself.
Inh. Manuel Natterer
Am Lauerbühl 5 – DE-88317 Aichstetten
Tel. +49 (0) 75 65/94 12-0 – Fax +49 (0) 75 65/94 12-23