REMINGTON Virtually Indestructible Rotary
Shaver PR1855 User Manual
Thank you for buying your new Remington® product. Please read these instructions carefully and keep them safe. Remove all packaging before use.
- This appliance can be used by children aged from 8 years and above and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been supervised/instructed and understand the hazards involved. Children shall not play with the appliance. Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be done by children unless they are older than 8 and supervised. Keep the appliance and cable out of reach of children under 8 years.
- Always check the appliance before you use it. Do not use the appliance if it is damaged, as this may cause injury.
🛀 Suitable for use in a bath or shower.
- Do not use the product with a damaged cord. A replacement can be obtained via our International Service Centres.
- Do not use the appliance if it is damaged or malfunctions.
- This appliance should never be left unattended when plugged into a power outlet, except when charging.
- Keep the power plug and cord away from heated surfaces.
- Do not plug or unplug the appliance with wet hands.
- Do not twist or kink the cable, or wrap it round the appliance.
- This appliance is not intended for commercial or salon use.
- On/off switch
- Pivoting head and cutter assembly
- Flexing heads
- Hair pocket
- Charging indicator light
- Detail trimmer
- Trimmer release button
- Charger connector Not shown:
• USB cable
• Stubble head guard
It is recommended that you use your new shaver daily for up to four weeks to allow time for your beard and skin to become accustomed to the new shaving system.
CHARGING YOUR SHAVER
- Ensure the appliance is turned off.
- Connect the product to the USB cable and then to the USB end of the cable to a powered USB port.
- Charge for at least 6 hours when using for the first time.
- Allow 4 hours for a full charge.
- When charging, the green indicator light will come on. When fully charged, the green DK indicator light will turn off.
- The charging indicator flash to indicate that the battery is running low.
- To preserve the life of your batteries, let them run out every 6 months then recharge for 6 hours.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
- Your shaver can only be used cordless.
- Make sure your shaver is properly charged. Switch the shaver on.
- Stretch the skin with your free hand so the hairs stand upright.
- Only apply light pressure on the shaving head while shaving (pressing too hard can damage the heads and make them vulnerable to breakage).
- Use short, circular strokes.
- Slide the trimmer button to release the detail trimmer.
- Hold the trimmer at a right angle to your skin.
- Place the trimmer at desired trim line for a quick, easy, professional trim.
- To retract the trimmer, push down until it locks into position.
TIPS FOR BEST RESULTS
- Ensure your skin is dry. Always hold the shaver at right angles to the skin so that all three heads are touching the skin with equal pressure.
- Use moderate to slow stroking movements. The use of short circular motions in stubborn areas may obtain a closer shave, especially along the neck and chin line.
- DO NOT press hard against the skin in order to avoid damage to the rotary heads.
SHAVING WITH SHAVING GEL
- Follow the same instructions as dry shaving, noted above in the Shaving section, if using with gel.
- Caution: After use with shaving gel, please rinse the head and cutters under warm water to clean away any excess gel and debris.
Fit the stubble head guard to your shaver for a 3-day stubble look.
CARE FOR YOUR SHAVER
Care for your appliance to ensure a long lasting performance. We recommend you clean your product after each use. The easiest and most hygienic way to clean the appliance is by rinsing the appliance head after use with warm water.
- Ensure the appliance is switched off and unplugged from the mains before cleaning.
- Open the shaver head by pressing the release button on the front of the shaver (Fig. A).
- Locate the centre arrow and slide the carrier away from the arrow to release (Fig. C) and toward the arrow to snap back in place (Fig. G).
- Pull the inner cutter carrier away from the inner cutters (Fig. D).
- Thoroughly brush hairs from the inner and outer cutters. Rinse out remaining debris (Fig. E).
- Place the inner cutter carrier back into position and lock into place (Fig. F-G).
- Align the spring hinge into the slot at the back of the hair pocket and press into place. Snap the head assembly closed.
- Please note this product is suitable for use in the bath or shower.
- Caution: Keep the adaptor and cable dry.
- Lubricate the teeth of the trimmer every six months with a drop of sewing machine oil.
REMOVING THE RECHARGEABLE BATTERY
We strongly recommend that a professional removes the rechargeable battery. Parts of the shaver case, and tools have sharp edges and may cause injury if not handled correctly.
- The rechargeable battery must be removed from the appliance before it is scrapped.
- Disconnect the charging adapter before removing the battery.
- Run the shaver until the motor stops.
- Unplug the shaver.
- Using a small screwdriver, pry the front cover from the shaver (Fig. H).
- Remove the rear cover (Fig. I).
- Remove the 4 screws located on the front of the shaver (Fig. J).
- Pry the battery carrier and circuit board from the shaver body then cut the wires (Fig. K-L).
- Used batteries must be removed from the appliance and disposed of at an appropriate GB official recycling/collection point.
- Do not attempt to operate the shaver once you have opened it.
To avoid environmental and health problems due to hazardous substances, appliances and rechargeable and non-rechargeable batteries marked with one of these symbols must not be disposed of with unsorted municipal waste. Always dispose of electrical and electronic products and, where applicable, rechargeable and non-rechargeable batteries, at an appropriate official recycling/ collection point.
Ref. No. PR1855
Type No. R27A
21/INT/ PR1855 T22-7002451 Version 09 /21
Remington® is a Registered Trade Mark of Spectrum Brands,Inc.,
or one of its subsidiaries
Russell Hobbs Deutschland GmbH, Am Unisyspark 1, 65843 Sulzbach, Germany
© 2021 Spectrum Brands, Inc.
REMINGTON Virtually Indestructible Rotary
Shaver PR1855 User Manual PDF Download