wave Atlantic 2-4 Person Round Inflatable
Hot Tu User Manual
- Watch our WAVE videos
We know you can’t wait to jump into your new Wave hot tub and get started, however before you do that, please check out our set-up videos for an easy step by step guide as to how to get started with your tub safely wave Atlantic.
- Read the manual
Next up, please read the manual! This will save you a lot of time and hassle by explaining the process every step of the way. There is a lot of crucial information in here that will help avoid damage to your spa when setting up and taking down wave Atlantic.
- Choose your site
Get your location right! First off make sure you are setting up your tub in an area where you have enough space surrounding the spa for you to comfortably perform your daily maintenance tasks. Secondly, ensure there is a power outlet nearby as extension cables should NOT be used. Thirdly, choose a site where you can drain the water easily! The site should be flat and completely free from sharp objects. The site where you choose to set up should also be strong enough to take the weight of your spa when it is fully filled and in use. The water capacity for 2-4-person spa is 176 gallon and 4-6 person is 220 gallon.
The location in which you assemble and fill your spa must be the location you intend to use it, once the spa is full it is strongly advised against that you attempt to move it to another location. Doing so could cause injury to yourself or damage to your tub, which may result in voided warranty wave Atlantic.
- Open the box
Once you have opened the box that contains your new spa you should remove its contents and spread the protective ground sheet on the site where your tub will be assembled. You should then assemble the heater unit and the rest of the tub. Once you are done with the packaging and box you should remove all debris and packaging parts from the tub area to ensure nothing falls in and damages the liner.
- wave Atlantic Inflate the spa
Next step will be to inflate your spa! Connect the motor and heater system and once switched on, the spa can be inflated and ready to fill with water in about 5 minutes. You must NOT over inflate your spa wave Atlantic.
- Clean your spa
After inflating your spa, use a wet sponge or soft cloth to gently wipe the internal surface of your spa liner. Even though your spa is brand new, this is to ensure that any debris or dust that could contaminate the water is fully removed wave Atlantic.
- Filter and filter housing
After gently cleaning the internal liner of your new spa you should ensure that the filter and filter housing are fitted in the correct location (the lower port). Also ensure that the cap is not fitted on the upper port before filling with water.
- Fill your spa with water
Now you can fill your spa with water! When filling your spa, try to avoid using an old hose as these carry a lot of old bacteria that could contaminate the water. If you are filling your tub using cold water, you should carry on filling until you are mid-way between the min and max filling lines. If you have the ability to fill your spa with hot/warm water this will mean your spa will heat up quicker and be more energy efficient. If you are planning to fill your spa with hot water, please begin using cold water and once you the water has risen above the filter, hot water can then be used wave Atlantic.
- Heat your spa water wave Atlantic
Now to heat your spa! To do this you should press the heater button on the left side of your external unit (the sun symbol). A light will then be displayed and remain lit until the water has reached your selected temperature 100°F is the default temperature). Once the desired temperature is reached, the light will flash. Once the LCD display has flashed you will be able to adjust the water temperature using the up and down arrows to increase or decrease the temperature. It is possible for the water to be approximately 33-37°F different to the temperature selected wave Atlantic.
The water in your spa heats up approximately 33°F per hour whilst the heater unit is switched on. The indicator on the screen corresponds to the current water temperature. For health and safety reasons the maximum temperature setting on the heater unit is 104°F. You should make sure you have turned on the filtration system before you start heating the water. Put your hot tub cover on to help the water heat up faster and retain heat for longer wave Atlantic.
- Chemical shock
Before you jump into your spa, you should first perform your spa chemical shock. When you set up your hot tub for the first time its always important to add your start up chemicals. You need to Performa hot tub shock to keep the water healthy and prevent foaming or cloudiness. Treating your water prolongs its life such that you will not need to keep draining and cleaning your hot tub after each use. Our Wave starter kit contains everything you need to get your spa up and running!
- Guide on chemical shock wave Atlantic
To chemical shock you should use either warm or cold water and when the water is higher than 77°F mix your chlorine (granules are better for shocking) in a jug with warm water. Put 5 teaspoons of granules into the jug of warm water and add this to the spa after mixing well. Activating the bubble settings whilst doing this will help to disperse the chlorine around the water quicker. After you have chlorinated your spa water, please leave the spa to sit for 24 hours before use. Remember to use your test strips before jumping into the spa as some levels may still need adjusting before use. Make sure alkalinity levels are right after checking the chlorine. pH can be altered as and when required.
Regular maintenance of your tub is essential, especially keeping the correct pH levels! The most ideal pH level is between 7.2 to 7.6 and the level should be tested two times a week whilst the tub is filled, and always before use. A heaped teaspoon holds approximately 8g of granules and adding a teaspoon of chlorine everyday will keep your spa water clean and healthy wave Atlantic wave Atlantic.
Now all that is left is for you to enjoy your new spa! For any further questions please check the FAQ’s on our website or contact a dedicated member of our customer service department using the live chat on our website www.us.wavespas.com.
SPA INSTALLATION AND USER’S MANUAL
Read carefully and keep it for later reference wave Atlantic
Carefully read, understand, and follow all information in this user manual before installing and using the spa wave Atlantic.
These warnings, instructions, and safety guidelines address some common risks of water recreation, but they cannot cover all risks and dangers in all cases. Always use caution, common sense, and good judgement when enjoying any water activity. Please read carefully and keep for future reference.
For your own safety and that of your product, make sure to follow the safety precautions below. Fail to follow the instructions may result in serious injury, property damage or death. Improper installation or operation will void the warranty wave Atlantic wave Atlantic.
- (a) A green color terminal or a terminal marked G, GR, Ground, Ground or the @ symbol is located inside the supply terminal box or compartment. To reduce the risk of electric shock, this terminal must be connected to the grounding means provided in the electric supply service panel with a continuous copper wire equivalent in size to the circuit conductors supplying this equipment. *IEC Publication 417, symbol 5019 wave Atlantic wave Atlantic.
- (b) At least two lugs marker “BINDING LUGS” are provided on the external surface or on the inside of the supply terminal box or compartment. To reduce the risk of electric shock, connect the local common bonding grid in the area of the hot tub or spa to these terminals with an insulated or bare copper conductor not smaller than No. 6 AWG wave Atlantic.
- (c) All field – installed metal components such as rails, ladders, drains or other similar hardware within 3 m of the SPA of hot tub shall be bonded to the equipment grounding bus with copper conductors not smaller than No. 6 AWG wave Atlantic.
- WARNING – To reduce the risk of injury, do not permit children to use this product unless they are closely supervised all time.
- A wire connector is provided on this unit to connect a minimum 8 AWG (8.4 mm2), 6 AWG (13.3mm2) solid copper conductor between this unit and any metal equipment, metal enclosures of electrical equipment, metal water pipe, or conduit within 5 feet (1.5m) of the unit.
- DANGER – Risk of injury. If the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer, its service agent or similarly qualified persons in order to avoid a hazard. Do not bury the electrical cord. Locate the core where it will not be damaged by lawn mowers, hedge trimmer and other equipment. Connect to a grounded, grounding type receptacle only wave Atlantic.
- WARNING – This product is provided with a ground-fault circuit-interrupter (on the wire near the plug). The GFCI must be tested before each use. With the product operating, open the service door. When the product stops operating, this merely indicates that the door is equipped with an electrical interlock. Next, push the test button on the GFCI and close the service door. The product should not operate. Now open the service door, push the reset button on the GFCI and close the service door. The product should now operate normally. When the product fails to operate in this manner, there is a ground current flowing indicating the possibility of electric shock. Disconnect the power until the fault has been identified and corrected wave Atlantic.
- DANGER – Risk of accidental drowning. Extreme caution must be exercised to prevent unauthorized access by children. To avoid accidents, ensure that children cannot use this spa unless they are supervised at all times.
– Inspect the spa cover regularly for leak, premature wear and tear, damage or signs of deterioration wave Atlantic.
Never use a worn or damaged cover: it will not provide the level of protection required to prevent unsupervised access to the spa by a child. Always lock the spa cover after each use.
- DANGER – Risk of Injury. The suction fittings in this spa are sized to match the specific water flow created by the pump. Should the need arise to replace the section fittings or the pump, be sure that the flow rates are compatible wave Atlantic.
Never operate spa if the suction fittings are broken or missing. Never replace a suction fitting with one rated less than the flow rate marked on the original suction fitting.
- DANGER- Risk of Electric Shock. Install at least 5 feet (1.5m) from all metal surfaces. As an alternative, a spa may be installed within 5 feet of metal surfaces if each metal surface is permanently connected by a minimum 8 AWG (8.4 mm2), 6 AWG (13.3mm2) solid copper conductor to the wire connector on the terminal box that is provided for this purpose wave Atlantic.
- DANGER – Risk of Electric Shock. Do not permit any electrical appliances, such as a light, telephone, radio, or television within 1.5m (5 feet) of a spa tub. Do not use the spa when it is raining, thundering, or lighting.
- WARNING – To reduce the risk of injury. Lower water temperatures are recommended for young children and when spa use exceeds 10 minutes. The water in a spa should never exceed 104 °F (40°C). Water temperature between 100°F (38°C) and 104°F (40°C) are considered safe for a healthy adult.
– Since excessive water temperatures have a high potential for causing fatal damage during the early months of pregnancy, pregnant or possibly pregnant women should limit spa water temperatures to 100°F (38°C).
– Before entering a spa or hot tub the user should measure the water temperature with an accurate thermometer since the tolerance of water temperature regulating device varies.
– The use of alcohol, drugs or medication before or during spa use may lead to unconsciousness with the possibility of drowning.
– Obese person or persons with a history of heart disease, low or high blood pressure, circulatory system problem, or diabetes should consult a physician before using a spa.
– Persons using medication should consult a physician before using a spa since some medication may induce drowsiness while other medication may affect heart rate, blood pressure, and circulation.
– Check with doctor before use if pregnant, diabetic, in poor health, or under medical care.
- WARNING – To reduce the risk of electric shock, do not use an extension cord, timers, plug adapters or converter plugs to connect the unit to electric supply; provide a properly located outlet. Portable whirlpool baths and swimming pools with incorporated heating elements must be connect to a grounded mains supply socket with a supply cord fitted with GFCI plug with a tripping current of 1 0mA. The spa electrical appliance should be supplied through a ground-fault circuit-interrupter (GFCI) having a rated residual operating current not exceeding 30mA.
Parts containing live parts, except remote control devices, must be located or fixed so that they cannot fall into the spa.
Residential electrical connection box must be located safely with a distance of at least 2m away from the spa.
Electric installation should fulfil the local requirement or standards.
This appliance can be used by children aged from 8 years and above and persons with reduced physical, sensory, or mental capabilities or lack of experience in a safe way and understand the hazards involved.
Children shall not play with the appliance. Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children without supervision.
To reduce the risk of child drowning, supervise children all times. Attach and lock spa cover after each use.
Make sure floor is capable of supporting the expected load (>500kg/m2) Adequate draining system must be provided around the spa to deal with overflow water.
People with infectious disease should not use a spa or hot tub.
To avoid injury exercise care when entering or exiting the spa or hot tub. Water temperature in excess of 108°F (42°C) may be injurious to your health. Never use a spa or hot tub alone or allow others to use the spa alone.
Do not use a spa or hot tub immediately following strenuous exercise.
Do not put the spa under 32°F (0°C) environment in order to avoid freezing if there is still water in the pool.
Do not turn on the spa when the water is frozen.
Never pout water with a temperature higher than 104°F (40°C) into the spa directly.
Always unplug this product from the electrical outlet before removing, cleaning, servicing or making any adjustment to the product.
Never jump or dive into a spa or any shallow body of water.
Do not attempt to plug in or unplug this product while standing in water or when your hands are wet.
Do not use the spa if damaged in delivery and/or malfunctioning in any way. Keep all pets away from the spa to avoid any damage.
Do not add bath oil or bath salt to the spa water.
In order to avoid a hazard due to inadvertent resetting of the thermal cut-out, this appliance must not be supplied through external switching device, such as a timer, or connected to a circuit that is regularly switched on and off by the utility.
WARNING: CHILDREN SHOULD NOT USE SPAS OR HOT TUBS WITHOUT ADULT SUPERVISION
WARNING: DO NOT USE SPAS OR HOT TUBS UNLESS ALL SUCTION GAURDS ARE INSTALLED TO PREVENT BODY AND HAIR ENTRAPMENT
WARNING: PEOPLE USING MEDICATIONS AND/OR HAVING AN ADVERSE MEDICAL HISTORY SHOULD CONSULT A PHYSICIAN BEFORE USING A SPA OR HOT TUB
WARNING: PEOPLE WITH INFECTIOUS DISEASES SHOULD NOT USE A SPA OR HOT TUB
WARNING: TO AVOID INJURY EXERCISE CARE WHEN ENTERING OR EXITING THE SPA OR HOT TUB
WARNING: DO NOT USE DRUGS OR ALCOHOL BEFORE OR DURING THE USE OF A SPA OR HOT TUB TO AVOID UNCONSCIOUSNESS AND POSSIBLE DROWNING
WARNING: PREGNANT OR POSSIBLY PREGNANT WOMEN SHOULD CONSULT A PHYSICIAN BEFORE USING A SPA OR HOT TUB
WARNING: WATER TEMPERATURE IN EXCES OF 100°C MAY BE INJURIOUS TO YOUR HEALTH
WARNING: BEFORE ENTERING THE SPA OR HOT TUB MEASURE THE WATER TEMPERATURE WITH AN ACCURATE THERMOMETER
WARNING: DO NOT USE A SPA OR HOT TUB IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING STRENUOUS EXERCISE
WARNING: PROLONGED IMMERSION IN A SPA OR HOT TUB MAY BE INJURIOUS TO YOUR HEALTH
WARNING: DO NOT PERMIT ELECTRIC APPLIANCES (SUCH AS A LIGHT, TELEPHONE, RADIO OR TELEVISION) WITHIN 1.5M OF THIS SPA OR HOT TUB
CAUTION MAINTAIN WATER CHEMISTRY IN ACCORDANCE WITH MANUFACTURER’S INSTRUCTION
1. wave Atlantic SPECIFICATIONS
This appliance is marked according to the European directive 2012/19/EU on Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE). This symbol indicates that this appliance may not be treated as household waste. Instead ii shall be handed over to the applicable collection point for the recycling of electrical and electronic equipment. Disposal of the appliance shall be carried out in accordance with the local environment regulations for waste disposal wave Atlantic.
2. PACKAGE LIST
Hyperthermia occurs when the internal temperature of the body reaches a level several degrees above the normal body temperature 100°F (38°C). The symptoms of hyperthermia include an increase in the internal temperature of the body, dizziness, lethargy, drowsiness, and fainting. The effect of hyperthermia include failure to perceive heat; failure to recognize the need to exit the spa; unawareness of impending hazard; fatal damage in pregnant women; physical inability to exit the spa; and unconsciousness resulting in the danger of drowning wave Atlantic.
WARNING: The use of alcohol, drugs, or medication can greatly increase the risk of fatal hyperthermia.
WARNING: Before proceed to installation your spa, please make sure that the future location meeting the following conditions wave Atlantic.
3.1. Site selection
meets the following conditions :
- A level place in order to avoid any defect, hernia or leakage.
- Wide enough to support the pool and its pump unit.
- Able to support more than 500 kg/m2
- Sheltered from the sun and bad weather.
- Clean and free from sharp objects.
- Devoid of aggressive vegetation on the ground.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in property damage or personal injury wave Atlantic
WARNING: The GFCI plug must be tested before each use. No not use if GFCI test fails.
- Insert the plug into the power outlet.
- Press the «RESET» button, the indicator light turns red.
- Press the «TEST>> button, the indicator light turns off.
- Press the «RESET» button, the indicator light turns red.
The GFCI works properly wave Atlantic.
ASSEMBLY: THE PROVIDED WARNING LABEL
4.1. Control panel
After 150 cumulation hours of filtration operations, an audible alarm will sound and the LCD display will show the characters CHG, followed by FIL, to remind you to change or clean the filter. You can hold the filtering button 5 seconds to turn off the buzzing. The filtering system will turn off, you can press the button to activate the filtering system again wave Atlantic.
– With the heating system starting, the filtration system will start working together.
– After turning off the heating system, the filtration system will still work wave Atlantic.
– If the bubble function is active, the filtration and heating functions cannot be activated.
4.3. Spa cover and security
After each use, the control panel must be locked an he spa must be covered with its top cover and it must be attached to the base protector with the safety buckles.
Each safety buckle has a lock system; To close the buckle, put the latch in an up position which locks the buckle, Put the latch in a down position to unlock the buckle.
The top cover retains the head from the water and secures the spa wave Atlantic.
5.1. Water maintenance
WARNING: Bad spa water quality can harm your health wave Atlantic.
Depending on the frequency and conditions of use:
– The filter cartridge should be regularly cleaned/ replaced every 150 hours max.
– The filter cartridge should be replaced every 150 hours unless cleanable.
– The spa water should be changed every 15 to 30 days.
Use a water testy kit to control the parameters of the water before using the spa, or at least once a week.
Use disinfection products for the spa. The treatment products should be used with caution and it is imperative to refer to their instructions.
Damage resulting from improper use of treatment products is not covered by the warranty.
- Water balance
The water balance (pH) must be maintained between 7 and 7.4.
- Water Sanitation wave Atlantic
To sanities the spa water, we suggest using an active oxygen-based treatment or bromine placed in a floating dispenser. (Dispenser sold separately).
5.2. Cleaning and replacing the filter cartridge
A dirty filter cartridge may contaminate the spa water and cause damage tp the heating function wave Atlantic.
- Unscrew the filter case by turning it anti-clockwise. Take out the filter cartridge from the case.
- Rinse off the filter cartridge with a garden hose. If the filter cartridge remains dirty and discolored, the filter cartridge should be replaced.
- Put back the cleaned filter cartridge into its case and screw it to the spa wave Atlantic.
To sanities the spa water, we suggest using an active oxygen-based treatment or bromine placed in a floating dispenser. (Dispenser sold separately). Seek professional advice and guidance before doing this wave Atlantic.
Detergent residues and dissolved solids from bathing suits and chemicals may build up on the spa walls. Use soap and water to clean the walls and rinse thoroughly with a garden hose using a direct water spray wave Atlantic.
5.3. Drainage and storage
- Check the stopper on the bottom of the spa and the drain cap.
- Unscrew the drain cap.
- Remove the stopper on the bottom of the spa. Completely drain all water from the spa.
- Once empty, the spa can be cleaned with soap and water. wave Atlantic
- Press the bubbling button to blow out the water inside the jet holes. Unplug the pump, remove the filter cartridge from the inner wall of the spa.
- Use a towel to wipe off the spa, dry for 24 hours wave Atlantic.
- Unscrew the valves to deflate the spa.
- Fold the spa.
It is recommended to store the spa in its original package in a warm dry place wave Atlantic.
5.4. Repair kit
Little holes or punctures can be repairs with the repair kit included and glue can be adhered to the spa liner wave Atlantic.
- Find the leak.
- Thoroughly clean the area surrounding the leak wave Atlantic.
- Cut a piece of repair material in a round shape, which should be larger than the damaged area.
- Apply adhesive to the back of the patch and around the area to be repaired.
- Put the oath on the damaged area and press down firmly. Allow 12 hours for repair to dry. After the patch has dried, apply glue around the edges for a complete seal (dry 4 hours). Ensure NO bubbles are left under the patch wave Atlantic.
Here are some useful tips to help you to diagnose and rectify common sourced of trouble.
Inlet – The inlet is where the filter is attached.
Outlet – The water is directly above of the filter and is where the hot water is recirculated back into the spa from the heater unit wave Atlantic.
7.1. Error code
If the screen displays an error code “Ex”, please refer to the table below.
E3, E4, E5, E6 error code
– Cut off electricity for 5 minutes and reconnect
If error code is still displayed on the control Box, please do the following instructions wave Atlantic :
- Check that the water line is between the high and low limits.
- Clean or replace the filter cartridge
- Unscrew and clean the 2 nozzles (Entry and exit of water) inside the spa and remove wastes if necessary (Near, hairs, fur, skin … )
- Check that the propeller of the filter pump does not contain foreign matter. Cut the spa again electrically for 5 minutes and re-connect it, if the error code is still displayed on if control box please contact the Service Center.
Wave products have been inspected with no evident defects prior to leaving the factory.
Wave warrants this product against defects in material and workmanship for a period of time,
1 year for the pump and 6 months for the liner. unless local law has special requirement. Warranty for this product begins on the date of purchase and Wave requires presentation of the original proof to purchase to confirm the date. During the warranty period, Wave will either repair or replace, at its discretion, any defective products. Replacement products or repaired parts will be warranted for the unexpired portion of the original warranty.
Shipping cost policy The return of defect parts to the authorized service center is at the cost of the owner. On warranty period, the return is at the cost of service center. Warranty policy This limited warranty does not apply to any defect resulting from negligence, accident, misuse, or other reason beyond Wave’s control, included but not limited to: normal wear and tear, negligence or failure to follow the product instructions, improper or inadequate maintenance; connection to improper power supply; chemical water damage, loss of pool water, unauthorized product modification or repair; use for commercial purpose; fire, lightening, flood or other external causes.
This warranty is valid only in the country of purchase in such countries where Wave sells and services the same model with identical technical specifications. Warranty service outside the country of purchase is limited to the terms and conditions of the corresponding warranty in the country of service. Where the cost of repairs or replacement is not covered by this warranty, Wave will advise the owners and the cost shall be charged to the owner.
This warranty only applies to the original purchaser and terminates upon any transfer of ownership.
All repairs of which warranty claims are made must be preauthorized by a Wave service center.
All the authorized selling dealer is responsible for all in-field service work carried out on your Wave product. Wave will not be liable for results of cost of workmanship from unauthorized service person .
To validate your warranty, please register your product on our website Wave:www.wavespas.com It is essential that all information’s including customer name, date of purchase, serial number, spa model are provided. Without this information the warranty will be invalid.
9-10 Charlotte Square
Tyne and Wear, NEl 4XF, United Kingdom