BOSCH AL 1830 CV Cordless Li-ion 3A Fast Battery
Charger User Manual
Read all the safety and general instructions. Failure to observe the safety and general instructions may result in electric shock, fire and/or serious injury. Store these instructions in a safe place. Only use the charger if you can fully evaluate all functions and carry them out without restrictions, or if you have received corresponding instructions.
- This charger is not intended for use by children or persons with physical, sensory or mental limitations or a lack of experience or knowledge. This charger can be used by children aged 8 or older and by persons who have physical, sensory or mental limitations or a lack of experience or knowledge if a person responsible for their safety supervises them or has instructed them in the safe operation of the charger and they understand the associated dangers. Otherwise, there is a risk of operating errors and injuries.
- Supervise children during use, cleaning and maintenance. This will ensure that children do not play with the charger.
- Only charge Bosch Li-Ion batteries or PBA 18V… POWER FOR ALL system batteries with a capacity of 1,5 Ah or more (4 battery cells or more). The battery voltage must match the battery charging voltage of the charger. Do not charge any non-rechargeable batteries. Otherwise there is a risk of fire and explosion.
Do not expose the charger to rain or wet conditions. Water entering a power tool will increase the risk of electric shock.
- Keep the charger clean. Dirt poses a risk of electric shock.
- Always check the charger, cable and plug before use.
Stop using the charger if you discover any damage. Do not open the charger yourself, and have it repaired only by a qualified specialist using only original replacement parts. Damaged chargers, cables and plugs increase the risk of electric shock.
- Do not operate the charger on an easily ignited surface (e.g. paper, textiles, etc.) or in a flammable environment. There is a risk of fire due to the charger heating up during operation.
- Do not cover the ventilation slots of the charger. Otherwise, the charger may overheat and no long function properly.
- Recharge only with the charger specified by the manufacturer. A charger that is suitable for one type of battery pack may create a risk of fire when used with another battery pack.
- In case of damage and improper use of the battery, vapours may also be emitted. Ensure the area is well-ventilated and seek medical attention should you experience any adverse effects. The vapours may irritate the respiratory system.
- Under abusive conditions, liquid may be ejected from the battery; avoid contact. If contact accidentally occurs, flush with water. If liquid contacts eyes, additionally seek medical help. Liquid ejected from the battery may cause irritation or burns.
Products sold in GB only: Your product is fitted with an BS 1363/A approved electric plug with internal fuse (ASTA approved to BS 1362). If the plug is not suitable for your socket outlets, it should be cut off and an appropriate plug fitted in its place by an authorised customer service agent. The replacement plug should have the same fuse rating as the original plug.
The severed plug must be disposed of to avoid a possible shock hazard and should never be inserted into a mains socket elsewhere.
Product Description and Specifications
The battery charger is intended for charging the rechargeable Bosch Li-Ion batteries.
The numbering of the components shown refers to the diagram of the charger on the graphics page.
- Battery a)
- Red battery charge indicator
- Green battery charge indicator
- Charging slot
a) Accessories shown or described are not included with the product as standard. You can find the complete selection of accessories in our accessories range.
- Note the mains voltage! The voltage of the power source must match the voltage specified on the rating plate of the charger. Chargers marked with 230 V can also be operated with 220 V.
The charging process begins as soon as the mains plug for the charger is inserted into the mains socket and the battery (1) is inserted into the charging slot (4).
Thanks to the intelligent charging process, the charge condition of the battery is automatically detected and then charged up with the optimal charge current depending on battery temperature and voltage. In this way, the battery is treated with care and remains permanently fully charged when it is stored in the charger.
Understanding the indicators (AL 1830 CV/AL 1880 CV)
(Fast) Flashing of the Green Battery Charge Indicator (3) The rapid-charging procedure is indicated by fast flashing of the green battery charge indicator (3).
Note: The rapid-charging procedure is only possible when the battery temperature is within the allowable charging temperature range, see section “Technical Data”.
(Slow) Flashing of the Green Battery Charge Indicator (3)
When the charging condition of the battery is 80%, the green battery charge indicator (3) flashes slowly. The battery can be removed for immediate use.
Continuous Lighting of the Green Battery Charge Indicator (3)
Continuous lighting of the green battery charge indicator (3) indicates that the battery
is fully charged. When the battery is not inserted, continuous lighting of the battery charge indicator (3) indicates that the mains plug is inserted in the socket outlet and that the battery charger is ready for operation.
Continuous Lighting of the Red Battery Charge Indicator (2)
Continuous lighting of the red battery charge indicator (2) indicates that the temperature of the battery is not within the allowable charging temperature range, see section “Technical Data”. As soon as the allowable charging temperature range is reached, the battery charger automatically switches to rapid charging.
Flashing Red Battery Charge Indicator (2) A flashing red battery charge indicator (2) indicates a different malfunction of the charging
procedure, see section “Troubleshooting Causes and Corrective Measures”.
Errors Causes and Corrective Measures
A significantly reduced operating time after charging indicates that the battery has deteriorated and must be replaced. When the charger is used continuously, or for several consecutive charge cycles without interruption, the charger may heat up. This is, however, harmless and does not indicate that the charger has a technical defect.
Battery Cooling (Active Air Cooling) (AL 1880 CV)
The fan control unit integrated into the charger monitors the temperature of the inserted battery. As soon as the battery temperature is above approx. 0 °C, the battery will be cooled by a fan. The fan generates a ventilation sound when switched on. If the fan does not run, it is defective or the battery temperature is < 0 °C. This can increase the charging time.
Maintenance and Service
Maintenance and Cleaning
In order to avoid safety hazards, if the power supply cord needs to be replaced, this must be done by Bosch or by an after-sales service centre that is authorised to repair Bosch power tools.
After-Sales Service and Application Service
Our after-sales service responds to your questions concerning maintenance and repair of your product as well as spare parts. You can find explosion drawings and information on spare parts at: www.bosch-pt.com The Bosch product use advice team will be happy to help you with any questions about our products and their accessories. In all correspondence and spare parts orders, please always include the 10digit article number given on the nameplate of the product.
Robert Bosch Ltd. (B.S.C.)
P.O. Box 98
North Orbital Road
UB 9 5HJ
At www.bosch-pt.co.uk you can order spare parts or arrange
the collection of a product in need of servicing or repair.
Tel. Service: (0344) 7360109
E-Mail: [email protected]
You can find further service addresses at: www.bosch-pt.com/serviceaddresses
Chargers, accessories and packaging should be recycled in an environmentally friendly manner.
Do not dispose of chargers along with household waste.
Only for EU countries: According to the European Directive 2012/19/EU on Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment and its implementation into national law, chargers that are no longer usable must be collected separately and disposed of in an environmentally friendly manner.
Robert Bosch Power Tools GmbH