CHERRY Wireless Mouse MW 2400 User Manual
Before you begin …
💡 Every device is different! The operating instructions contain information on effective and reliable use.
- Read the operating instructions carefully.
- Keep the operating instructions and pass them on to other users.
The CHERRY MW 2400 is a wireless mouse for operating PCs and laptops. For information on other products, downloads and much more, visit us at www.cherry.de.
1 For your safety
Risk of choking from swallowing small parts
- Keep the device out of the reach of children under 3 years.
Danger of explosions due to wrong or incorrectly inserted battery
- Only use batteries of the type named in the technical specification.
- Insert the battery in accordance with the markings (+/-) in the battery compartment.
RSI stands for “Repetitive Strain Injury” RSI arises due to small movements continuously repeated over a long period of time.
- Set up your workspace ergonomically.
- Take several short breaks, with stretching exercises if necessary.
- Change your posture often.
2 Connecting the receiver to the PC/ laptop
- Pull the receiver out of the compartment on the bottom of the mouse.
- Connect the receiver to a USB 2.0 port on your PC/ laptop if possible (this usually has a white or black guide).
- Insert a battery into the mouse.
- Set the switch on the bottom of the mouse to ON.
3 Storing the receiver in the mouse
The receiver is so small that it can stay in the USB socket of a laptop while being transported. To avoid any damage, you can also pull out the receiver and deposit it in the mouse to protect it from dirt and loss.
4 Surface under the mouse
The mouse is most effective on a light-colored, textured surface, which saves energy and ensures optimal motion detection. A reflective surface is not suitable for using the mouse on.
5 Energy-saving function
When not in use, the mouse switches to a energy saving mode which requires almost no power. The first movement switches it back on automatically. When the mouse is transported, it recognizes this as movement and is permanently activated. Therefore, to save the battery, you should switch the mouse off during transport (switch in OFF position).
6 Battery status
When the voltage of the mouse battery decreases, the LED starts flashing. · Replace the battery as soon as possible.
7 Cleaning the mouse
- Switch the mouse off.
NOTICE: Damage due to aggressive cleaning agents or liquid in the mouse
• Do not use solvents such as benzene, alcohol, scouring agents or abrasive scourers for cleaning the mouse.
• Prevent any liquid from getting inside the mouse.
- Clean the mouse with a slightly damp cloth and some mild detergent (such as washing-up liquid).
- Dry the mouse with a soft, lint-free cloth.
8 If the mouse is not working
- Switch the mouse off and on again.
- Check whether the battery is inserted correctly and has sufficient voltage.
- Connect the receiver to a USB 2.0 port on your PC/laptop (this usually has a white or black guide). Malfunctions occasionally occur on USB 3.0 ports (blue guide).
- Connect the receiver to another USB 2.0 port on the PC/laptop.
9 Disposing of the devices and batteries
- Do not dispose of devices and batteries with this symbol in household waste.
- Take the batteries out of the devices.
- Dispose of the devices and batteries in accordance with statutory regulations at your local dealer or at municipal recycling centers.
10 Technical data
11.1 EU Declaration of conformity
The company Cherry Europe GmbH, Auerbach/OPf., Germany hereby declares that this radio system model conforms to the European guideline 2014/53/EU. The full text of the EU declaration of conformity can be found under the following Internet address: www.cherry.de/compliance.
11.2 Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Radio Frequency Interference Statement
This device complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
Note: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
Caution: Any changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
11.3 RF exposure statement
This device complies with the RF exposure requirements for mobile and fixed devices. However, the device shall be used in such a manner that the potential for human contact during normal operation is minimized.
11.4 For UL
For use with Listed Personal Computers only!
11.5 UKCA UK
Authorised Representative Service The Old Methodist Chapel Great Hucklow SK17 8RG
(Note 1: “Exceeding 0.1 wt %” and “exceeding 0.01 wt %” indicate that the percentage content of the restricted
Note 2: “○” indicates that the percentage content of the restricted substance does not exceed the percentage of reference value of presence.)
(Note 3: “-” indicates that the restricted substance corresponds to the exemption.)
CHERRY MW 2400
Cherry Europe GmbH
CherrystraBe2 91275 Auerbach/OPf. Germany
P/N – JW-071*-2
M/N – R070
Rating – 5.0 V/DC ± 5%, 75mA
Designed in Germany
Made in China
FCC ID: GDDJF – 07REV
The device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules, Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful Interference. And (2) this device must accept any interference receiver. Including interference that may cause undesired operation.
Cherry Europe GmbH
Cherry Americas, LLC
5732 95th Avenue
Kenosha, WI 53144
Tel.: +1 262 942 6508
Email: [email protected]
CHERRY Wireless Mouse MW 2400 User Manual PDF Download