Crane EE-5202 2-in-1 Warm Mist Humidifier with
Steam Inhaler User Guide
SAVE YOUR DATED PROOF OF PURCHASE!
[ You will need this in case of warranty]
staple tape or paperclip your receipt HERE
CRANE & SUSTAINABILITY
♻ Crane USA is dedicated to your environment both inside and outside your home. We know if cleaned and maintained properly, our products last for years helping to reduce unnecessary use of resources and emissions making new products.
The Crane manual you are holding is from recycled materials with no added finishes or harmful dyes. If the humidifier should no longer operate, please be sure to dispose of the unit in an environmentally friendly way by taking it to a public collection point.
PLEASE DO NOT PLACE BROKEN HUMIDIFIERS WITH YOUR REGULAR HOUSEHOLD WASTE.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
⚠ WARNING! READ AND SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS. Failure to follow all the instructions listed below may result in electric shock, fire and/or serious personal injury.
- DO NOT carry Water Tank by handle when it is filled with water. It is advisable to carry filled Water Tank with two hands.
- DO NOT operate outdoors. This humidifier is intended for indoor use only.
- DO NOT TOUCH STEAM MIST. Steam can cause burns.
- DO NOT remove the water tank during operation, or within 15 minutes after the humidifier is turned off and unplugged. Serious injury may result.
- DO NOT operate without water. Always have water in the water tank when operating the unit.
- Use only clean, cool tap water to fill the tank. DO NOT use hot water.
- DO NOT pour water into any openings other than the water tank.
- Do not cover any openings on the unit or insert objects into any openings.
- Be sure that the water tank cap is firmly tightened. DO NOT aim mist directly at children, walls, furniture or electrical appliances.
- Use only a 110-120VAC outlet. ALWAYS plug and unplug unit with dry hands to avoid electric shock.
- Never operate the unit with a damaged cord or plug.
- Always place the unit on a smooth, flat, lint-free, non-metallic, waterproof and level surface and position unit away from direct sunlight. Keep the cord away from heated surfaces and areas where it could be walked on or tripped over. Unplug the unit when not in use and whenever you clean or move the unit.
- DO NOT add essential oils or medication of any type into the Water Basin or Water Tank. Do not cover any openings on the unit or insert objects into any openings. ONLY add liquid vapor medicine to the medicine cup include with this humidifier.
- The unit should not be left unattended in a closed room, as the air could become saturated and leave condensation on walls or furniture. Leave room door partly open.
- The humidifier requires daily and weekly cleaning to operate appropriately. Refer to cleaning instructions.
- NEVER use detergents, gasoline, glass cleaner, furniture polish, paint thinner or other household solvents to clean any part of the humidifier.
- Do not tilt, tip or attempt to empty or fill the unit while it is in operation.
- DO NOT IMMERSE IN WATER OR ANY OTHER LIQUID. Do not overfill
- Do NOT mover the appliance while in use. It can spill hot water if tilted or upset causing injury.
- Do NOT use appliance while sleepy or drowsy.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS!
⚠ WARNING! Read and understand all instructions. Failure to follow all instructions listed below may result in electric shock, fire or serious personal injury. The warnings, cautions, and instructions discussed in this instruction manual cannot cover all possible conditions and situations that may occur. It must be understood by the user that common sense and caution are a factor which cannot be built into this product, but must be supplied by the user.
THIS HUMIDIFIER-STEAM INHALER IS NOT A TOY!
Do not let your child play with this humidifier. Serious injury and electrocution might be possible. This humidifier must to be operated by an adult only. Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the humidifier.
SAVE ALL INSTRUCTIONS!
CAUTION: A short Power Supply Cord is provided to reduce the risk of personal injury resulting from becoming entangled in or tripping over a longer cord. Extension cords are available from local hardware stores and may be used if care is exercised in their use. If an extension cord is required, special care and caution is necessary. Also, the extension cord must be (1) marked with an electrical rating of 125 V and at least 13 A., 1625 W., and (2) the cord must be arranged so that it will not drape over the countertop or tabletop where it can be pulled on by children or accidently tripped over.
ELECTRIC POWER If the electric circuit is overloaded by other appliances, your humidifier and/or appliances may not operate properly. The humidifier should be operated on a separate electrical circuit from other operating appliances.
POLARIZED PLUG This humidifier has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). As a safety feature to reduce the risk of electrical shock, this plug is intended to fit in a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully in the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Do not attempt to defeat this safety feature.
⚠ SAFETY WARNING
Although your humidifier is easy to operate, for your safety, the below warnings must be followed:
- Do not place the humidifier near a heat source.
- Never leave the humidifier unattended while connected to the electrical outlet.
- To avoid any accidents, never cover the Mist Lid when the humidifier is in operation.
- Use the humidifier on a smooth, flat, lint-free, non-metallic, waterproof, and level surface away from water.
- Do not unplug from the wall socket by pulling on the supply cord.
- The humidifier must be unplugged:
A. Before either filling or emptying the Water Basin and/or Water Tank.
B. Before any cleaning or maintenance is performed.
C. After each use.
D. If it appears to be faulty.
THIS PRODUCT IS INTENDED FOR HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY.
LIST OF MAIN PARTS
Fig. 1 (Humidifier Base)
- Power Button
- Humidifier Indicator Lights
- Inhaler Indicator Light
- Heating Element
- Water Level Sensor
- Mist Chamber
Fig. 2 (Water Tank)
- Mist Outlet Channel
- Water Tank Cap
- Medicine Cup/Vapor Pad Cup
- Includes 2 Vapor Pads (HS-1950)
Fig. 3 (Other Parts)
- Vent Assembly
- Vent Lever
- Inhaler Mask
- Vapor pad slots
* The steam inhaler provides a steady flow of warm steam directly to the nose and throat for quick relief of nasal, sinus and chest congestion.
|Water Tank Capacity||Approx. half Gallon|
|Run Time Per Tank||Up to 13 Hours|
BEFORE EACH USE:
CHECK HUMIDIFIER PLACEMENT:
Place the Humidifier on an elevated, non-metallic, lint-free, waterproof, level surface at least 2 feet above the floor.
- DO NOT PLACE ON CARPET OR TOWEL. The fan vent is located on the bottom of the humidifier base. The fan vent MUST NOT be obstructed.
- DO NOT PLACE ON WOOD SURFACE or near furniture that can be damaged by too much moisture.
- DO NOT attempt to operate the humidifier without water in the Water Tank.
- DO NOT plug or unplug the Power Cord with wet hands as electric shock could occur.
CHECK WATER LEVEL SENSOR:
Make sure the Water Level Sensor is secured properly and not obstructed. (Page 6 List of Main Parts)
HUMIDIFIER ASSEMBLY & USE
⚠ CAUTION: DO NOT TOUCH STEAM WHEN HUMIDIFIER IS ON. STEAM MAY CAUSE BURNS.
ALWAYS USE CAUTION!
- Turn Water Tank upside down, unscrew Water Tank Cap and fill with cool water only.
ALWAYS HOLD WATER TANK WITH TWO HANDS DO NOT USE HANDLES WHEN FULL
DO NOT fill water all the way to the rim. DO NOT add any medication, essential oils, or salt to the water. USE the provided medicine cup for liquid medication or essential oils or Crane (HS-1950) Vapor Pads (Page 2 List of Main Parts) DO NOT overfill medicine cup and allow medication to spill into mist chamber. DO NOT pour water into Mist Chamber.
- Screw Water Tank Cap back onto Water Tank. Make sure the mist chamber is in the base, then turn the Water Tank over and place securely on Humidifier Base. The power will not turn on if the water tank is not properly placed on the base and the mist chamber is not in place.
- Plug the power cord into a wall socket and press the power button. The power light will illuminate one green water droplet for low. Press the power button again to change the mist output to high; the light will illuminate 2 green water droplets. Press the power button a third time to power off the humidifier. Note: It will take 3-5 minutes for the water to heat & mist to begin to rise on the low or high setting.
- When the humidifier runs out of water, the power light will illuminate red and the mist output will stop as a safety feature. Turn the humidifier off and unplug before removing and refilling the Water Tank.
A NOTE ABOUT HUMIDITY
- To reduce excessive humidity or condensation, especially in small rooms, leave the room door open and adjust mist intensity to the low output setting.
- Too much humidity in the room may allow moisture to accumulate on surfaces where bacteria and fungi can grow. Moisture that gathers may also damage furniture and walls, especially wallpaper.
- To remove Mist Chamber, lift straight up off of Humidifier Base.
- To attach the Mist Chamber, align the front arrow on the mist chamber to the arrow on the base of the Humidifier.
NOTE: The humidifier will not operate when the Mist Chamber is not properly in place. This is a safety feature which helps to avoid overheating.
The Medicine Cup allows the addition of medications or Crane (HS-1950) Vapor Pads recommended for use with warm mist humidifiers only. DO NOT add any medication or other additives directly to the water.
- Place Medicine Cup on top of the Mist Channel.
- BE CAREFUL not to overfill the Medicine Cup. Overfilling may cause medicine to spill into Mist Channel. Medicine in the Mist Channel may affect the operation of the humidifier.
- Crane Vapor pad can be placed in the slot on the medicine cup. (As Shown in Picture)
IMPORTANT: Water left in the tank or base when not in use may result in buildup of mineral deposits and bacteria which may inhibit the output efficiency as well as void the warranty. If water remains in the Water Tank for more than a day or two, bacterial growth is possible.
- Turn off, unplug from outlet and empty water from tank & base daily.
- Allow tank & base to air dry. 3. Leave cap off the tank until ready for next use.
- Turn off, unplug from outlet and empty water from tank & base.
- Fill the water tank halfway with warm water and add 2 tablespoons of white vinegar. Shake vigorously and let sit for 30 min. Empty tank and rinse with plain water.
- Rinse warm water through the mist outlet channel.
- Remove the mist chamber and rinse with warm water to clean.
- Fill base with vinegar until heating element is submerged. Let sit for 30 minutes. Empty base & rinse with plain water.
- Allow tank & base to air dry. Leave cap off the tank until next use.
NEVER IMMERSE HUMIDIFIER BASE IN WATER.
HOW TO CLEAN HEATING ELEMENT
- Remove the mist chamber & fill base with vinegar until heating element is submerged and let sit for 20 minutes.
- Use a soft cloth or sponge to wipe out heating element to remove scale. DO NOT use soap, detergents or abrasive cleaners.
- Rinse heating element using clean, warm water and dry thoroughly.
NEVER IMMERSE HUMIDIFIER BASE IN WATER.
INHALER ASSEMBLY & USE
- Make sure Mist Chamber is removed from the base and fill the base with cool water only to just below the max indicator. Crane Vapor Pads (HS-1950) may be placed in the Vapor pad Slots on the Inhaler Vent Assembly. DO NOT fill water all the way to the rim. DO NOT add any medication, essential oils, or salt to the water. DO NOT use the inhaler without the Inhaler Hood in place. Steam may cause burns.
- Place the Vent Assembly securely onto the base. The power will not turn on if the Vent Assembly is not properly placed on the base.
- Attach the Inhaler Mask by lining up the triangular notch on the mask with the triangular notch on the front of the fent assembly. DO NOT USE WITHOUT MASK ATTACHED.
- Plug the power cord into a wall socket and press the power button. The power light will illuminate the mist icon in green when powered on. Note: It will take 3-5 minutes for the water to heat & mist to begin to rise.
- Always begin with the vent levers at minimum (all the way to the left). Rest your face gently on the mask. Do not press hard as the soft plastic may bend allowing steam to escape or the inhaler to tip & spill boiling water.
ADJUST THE MIST INTENSITY: by sliding the Vent Lever clockwise to allow more steam/increase the temperature or counterclockwise for lower steam flow/lower temperature. If the steam is still uncomfortably warm, lift your face 1-2 inches above the mask. Breathe normally through your nose and mouth, inhaling steam into your nasal and throat passages.
- When desired vapor treatment is complete, press the power button to turn off. Note: After 20 minutes the unit will automatically shut off to indicate the end of a full treatment cycle. For another 20 minute treatment cycle, press the power button to start again. When finished with use, disconnect the plug from the outlet and allow time to cool before moving or refilling.
- When the base runs out of water, the power light will illuminate red and mist output will stop as a safety feature. Turn the power off, unplug and allow time to cool before refilling the base. Make sure to use two hands to remove the vent assembly. Do not remove vent assembly by lifting from the inhaler mask
NOTE: The vent assembly has 2 slots one on each side which can be used with compatible scent pads. Please note at this time Crane does not make crane scent pads.
AFTER EACH USE
- Remove Inhaler Mask and Vent Assembly by lifting vent assembly with two hands. Wipe both parts dry with a clean cloth.
- If any water is left in the base, empty and wipe base dry with a clean cloth.
NEVER IMMERSE BASE IN WATER.
WEEKLY MAINTENANCE If your Inhaler is used 10 or more times a week (or scale builds up in the base) follow the weekly maintenance for the humidifier base on page 9.
- Wash the Inhaler Mask with mild soap and warm water. Carefully rinse with fresh, clean water to remove soap and dry with a clean cloth.
- Wipe the Vent assembly dry with a clean cloth.
WHEN STORING HUMIDIFIER OR INHALER, LET ALL PARTS DRY COMPLETELY BEFORE STORING AWAY IN A COOL, DRY PLACE UNTIL NEXT USE.
CRANE CUSTOMER CARE
DO NOT attempt to repair the motor yourself.
If the humidifier continues to not operate, please contact Crane Customer Care.
|If humidifier does not have any power:||
|Condensation forms around humidifier & windows:||
|Water indicator light stays red||
|If there is a strange odor:||
|The steam indicator light is green, but there is no mist being emitted:||
NOTE: Spare Parts can also be purchased online at www.crane-usa.com
For more information regarding the warranty policy, please visit our website: www.crane-usa.com/customer-service
LIMITED WARRANTY Thank you for purchasing a Crane product which has been tested to meet our stringent quality standards. This product is warrantied to be free from manufacturing defects under normal use and conditions for 1 year.
PLEASE CONTACT US BEFORE RETURNING THIS PRODUCT TO THE STORE. CALL CRANE CUSTOMER CARE FOR PROBLEMS AND QUESTIONS. WE CAN HELP.
WARRANTY REQUIRES A DATED PROOF OF PURCHASE.
This warranty is void if the defect is due to accidental damage, misuse, abuse, neglect, improper repair or alteration by unauthorized persons, or a failure to follow operating instructions provided with the product including the use of essential oils. This warranty does not apply to normal wear and tear or commercial use.
In no event shall liability exceed the purchase price paid by the purchaser of the product. Under no circumstances shall there be liability for any loss direct, indirect or incidental or consequential damage arising out of, or in connection with the use of this product.
This warranty is valid only in the 48 contiguous states plus the District of Columbia and excludes Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands. This warranty is effective only if the product is purchased and operated in the United States of America.
Any instructions or warranty included in this manual may be subject to change without notice. For the most up-to-date instructions and warranty information, please contact us or visit our website.
TO RECEIVE WARRANTY INSTRUCTIONS AND RETURN AUTHORIZATION, PLEASE CALL OR EMAIL CRANE CUSTOMER CARE.