GIBSON 98023 Dual Rear Exhaust User Manual
|C||BO-1081||1||HARDWARE KIT & SPACER KIT|
|D||500658||2||INTERCOOLED 4” TIP|
Thank you for purchasing our Gibson Exhaust system for your vehicle. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to call our technical dept at (800) 528-3044
Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
WHEN INSTALLING THIS EXHAUST SYSTEM MAKE SURE TO USE ALL THE PROPER SAFETY PRECAUTIONS. USE JACK STANDS WHEN UNDER TRUCK, SET PARKING BRAKE, BLOCK TIRES AND USE SAFETY GLASSES.
DO NOT WORK WITH HOT PIPES!!!
- Disconnect the negative battery cable before removal of the OEM Exhaust. This will allow the computer to reset and recognize the new exhaust. Lay out the exhaust on the floor so it looks like the drawing and compare parts with manual. Remove the factory exhaust by un bolting the factory rear plastic valance You will re use the hardware for the Gibson install. Dis-connect the 4 factory springs and remove the factory exhaust. Do not damage the factory exhaust gasket and springs. You will re use this gasket and springs.
- Once you have removed the factory plastics off the rear now you can remove your factory exhaust.
- Next install the Gibson Muffler assembly. Install the bottom hanger mounts first then slide the inlet over the factory head pipe re using the factory gasket and springs.
- With the springs installed and the exhaust in the desired position mark the holes on the frame for the tailpipe hangers. You can either drill the holes and through bolt or use the provided self tapping screws.
- Install the provided heat shield bracket’s into the factory locations re using the factory bolts to attach it to the frame on both driver and passenger sides.
- With all brackets in place and muffler completely installed begin re installing the rear heat shield and factory cover. You will install the heat shield with the bolt holes at the bottom closest to the muffler. The provided spacers will be placed between the heat shield and factory cover.
- Once everything has been installed Double Check all connections install your exhaust tips. Be sure there is a 1″ clearance from all major components. Then go have fun.
“MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A 1″ CLEARANCE ON ALL PIPES FROM ALL RUBBER BRAKE LINES, SHOCK BOOTS, TIRES, ETC…”