Gourmia GAF718 Digital Free Fry Air Fryer User Manual
RETAIN FOR FUTURE REFERENCE:
© 2019 Gourmia
The Steelstone Group
All rights reserved. No portion of this manual may be reproduced by any means whatsoever without written permission from The Steelstone Group, except for the inclusion of quotations in a media review.
Although every precaution has been taken in the preparation of this manual, The Steelstone Group assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions. Nor is any liability assumed for damages resulting from the use of the information contained herein. Although every effort has been made to ensure that the information contained in this manual is complete and accurate, The Steelstone Group is not engaged in rendering professional advice or services to the individual consumer; further, The Steelstone Group shall not be held responsible for any loss or damage allegedly arising from any information or suggestion in this manual.
Congratulations on the purchase of your
Digital Air Fryer from Gourmia!
Here at Gourmia, we’re all about helping cooks make easy, healthy, and delicious meals an everyday possibility. We know how fast-paced life is and that sometimes a home cooked meal doesn’t make the top of the priority list, no matter how bad you want it. Our dependable, easy-to-use units are here to help you change that. We’re giving you the tools to eat better and healthier without spending hours in the kitchen prepping and cooking.
We want you to get the most out of your unit, which is why our team is available to help with any questions you may have. Whether you have a question with setup or need some guidance on which preset to use, we’re happy to walk you through it. Welcome to the ease of cooking with Gourmia.
This manual provides instructions for all of the unit’s functions and features along with directions for assembling, operating, cleaning, and maintaining the appliance. Please read all safety instructions and directions for safe usage at all times. Keep this manual for future use.
Thank you for choosing Gourmia!
We love hearing from you! Share your thoughts, recipes, and photos with us.
When using electric appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed:
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children younger than 8) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have supervision.
- Check if the voltage indicated on the appliance corresponds to the local main voltage before you connect the appliance.
- Do not use the appliance if the plug, the main cord or the appliance itself is damaged. Always make sure that the plug is inserted properly into a wall outlet.
- Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug, after the appliance malfunctions, or has been damaged in any manner. Return appliance to the nearest authorized service facility for examination, repair, or adjustment.
- Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used near children. Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance. Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be done by children unless they are older than 8 and supervised.
- Do not let the cord hang over the edge of the table or counter or touch hot surfaces.
- To protect against electric shock, do not immerse cord, plugs, or appliance in water or other liquid. Do not plug in the appliance or operate the control panel with wet hands.
- Never connect this appliance to an external timer switch or separate remote-control system in order to avoid a hazardous situation. To disconnect, turn off the appliance, then remove plug from wall outlet.
- Do not place the appliance on or near combustible materials such as a tablecloth or curtain. The accessible surfaces may become hot during use. Do not place on or near a hot gas or electric burner, or in a heated oven.
- Do not place the appliance against a wall or against other appliances. Leave at least 4 inches of free space on the back and sides and 4 inches of free space above the appliance. Do not place anything on top of the appliance.
- Do not use the appliance for any other purpose than described in this manual. The use of accessory attachments not recommended by the appliance manufacturer may cause injuries.
- Do not let the appliance operate unattended. Extreme caution must be used when moving an appliance containing hot oil or other hot liquids.
- Do not use outdoors.
- Do not touch the hot surfaces; use handle. During air frying, hot steam is released through the air outlet openings. Keep your hands and face at a safe distance from the steam and from the air outlet openings. Also be careful of hot steam and air when you remove the pan from the appliance.
- After using the appliance, avoid contact with the hot metal inside. Unplug from outlet when not in use and before cleaning. Allow to cool before cleaning the appliance.
- Immediately unplug the appliance if you see dark smoke coming out of the appliance. Wait for the smoke emission to stop before you remove the pan from the appliance.
- For household use only
- A short power-supply cord is provided to reduce risk of becoming entangled in or tripping over a longer cord.
- Extension cords may be used if care is exercised in their use.
- If an extension cord is used:
a. The marked electrical rating of the extension cord should be at least equal to the electrical rating of the appliance; and
b. The longer cord should be arranged so that it will not drape over the countertop or tabletop where it can be pulled on by children or tripped over.
ELECTRICAL POLARIZED PLUG
This unit has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). To reduce the risk of electric shock, the plug is intended to be used by inserting it into the electrical outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit securely into the outlet, reverse the plug and re-insert. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician for assistance. Do not modify the plug in any way.
|Power:||120V 60HZ 1700W|
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
KNOW YOUR AIR FRYER
DISPLAY AND CONTROL PANEL
USING YOUR AIR FRYER
|BEFORE USING FOR THE FIRST TIME
Note: During the first few uses, there might be a “hot plastic” smell. This is perfectly normal in new Air Fryers as the material is heated for the first time. It will go away after the first few uses.
This is an Air Fryer that works using hot air.
- Do not fill the pan with oil, frying fat, or any other liquid.
- Do not put anything on top of the Air Fryer.
Note: Do not place the Air Fryer against a wall or against other appliances. It is important to leave at least 4 inches of free space on the back and sides, and 4 inches of free space above the Air Fryer to allow for proper ventilation.
USING YOUR AIR FRYER
- Place the Air Fryer on a stable, horizontal, heat-resistant, and level surface.
- Place the Crisper Tray into the Pan. Place the ingredients in the Pan – do not overload. Spray with cooking oil for a crispier finish. Slide the Pan into the Air Fryer.
- Plug the Air Fryer into an outlet.
Note: For best results, preheat the Air Fryer for 3 minutes to the desired temperature. When cooking multiple batches, only preheat before first batch.
- Tap the Power Icon to turn on.
- Tap the desired Preset. The default time and temperature will appear on the display.
- Tap the time and temperature Arrows to adjust.
- Tap the Power Icon again to begin air frying.
- Some recipes or ingredients call for shaking the ingredients halfway through the preparation time (see ‘Settings Chart’ on page 15). To shake the ingredients, pull the Pan out of the Air Fryer by the handle and shake it. Slide the Pan back into the Air Fryer to resume cooking. Note: After sliding the Pan out of the Air Fryer, the display will go into sleep mode. When you return the Pan to the Air Fryer, your time and temperature settings will automatically resume. There is no need to reset your settings or press the Power Icon.
- When your selected cook time has elapsed, the timer bell will ring. Pull the Pan out of the Air Fryer and place it on a heat resistant surface. If you would like to cook longer, simply slide the Pan back into the Air Fryer and set the timer for a few extra minutes.
- Remove food from the Pan using tongs. The food and Pan will be hot.
- Do not turn the Pan upside down, as any excess oil that has collected on the bottom of the Pan will leak onto the food.
- To avoid scratching the nonstick surface, do not use sharp or metal utensils.
- When done cooking, the Air Fryer is instantly ready for preparing another batch. No preheating is neccesary.
- To turn off the Air Fryer, press the Power Icon. The Air Fryer will cool down for 20 seconds before shutting off.
|CAUTION: After air frying, the Pan and the ingredients are hot – avoid touching. Depending on the type of the ingredients in the Air Fryer, steam may escape from the Pan.|
FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE VISIT WWW.GOURMIA.COM OR CALL 888.552.0033
AIR FRYING TIPS
- Smaller ingredients usually require a slightly shorter cook time than larger ingredients.
- Shaking smaller ingredients halfway through the cook time optimizes the end result and can help prevent unevenly fried ingredients.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to fresh potatoes for a crispy result. Fry your ingredients in the Air Fryer within a few minutes after you add the oil.
- Do not prepare extremely greasy ingredients such as sausages in the Air Fryer.
- Snacks that can be prepared in an oven can also be prepared in the Air Fryer.
- Use pre-made dough to prepare filled snacks quickly and easily. Pre-made dough also requires a shorter preparation time than home-made dough.
- Place a baking tin or oven dish in the Air Fryer Pan if you want to bake a cake or quiche, or if you want to fry fragile or filled ingredients.
USING THE TIMER
Timer can be set to ring when it’s time to shake ingredients by setting the the timer to half of the total cook time. However, you will have to set the timer again for the remaining cook time after pan is replaced into the Air Fryer. (See ‘Settings Chart’ on page 15.)Option 2:
If the timer is set for the entire cook time, there will be no timer notifying you halfway through to shake ingredients. You can pull out the Pan at anytime to check the food. The power will automatically shut off and will resume after the pan is replaced into the Air Fryer.
The settings below are only suggestions. As ingredients differ in origin, size, shape, as well as brand, we cannot guarantee the best settings for your ingredients.
Air fryers perform similar to ovens. If your dish is not on the list, please refer to oven instructions on item packaging or recipe.
CLEANING & MAINTENANCE
- Clean the Air Fryer after every use.
- Make sure the Air Fryer is completely cooled off before cleaning.
- Do not use metal kitchen utensils or abrasive cleaning material to clean the pan and crisper, as this may damage the non-stick coating.
- Remove the main plug from the wall outlet and let the Air Fryer cool down.
Tip: Remove the Pan from the Air Fryer to help the Air Fryer cool down quicker.
- Wipe the outside of the Air Fryer with a moist cloth.
- Clean the Pan, and Crisper with hot water, some dishwashing soap, and a non-abrasive sponge.
Tip: If residue is stuck to the bottom of the Pan, fill the Pan with hot water and some dishwashing soap and let the Pan soak for approximately 10 minutes.
- Clean the inside of the Air Fryer with hot water and a cleaning brush to remove any food residue.
GUARANTEE AND SERVICE
WARRANTY & SERVICE
This Limited Warranty is for one full year from the date of purchase. It is applicable to the original purchaser only and is not transferable to a third party user. Repair or replacement of defective parts is solely at the seller’s discretion. In the event that repair isn’t possible, the seller will replace the product/part. If product repair/ replacement won’t suffice, the seller has the option of refunding the cash value of the product or component returned.
Product defects not covered under the Warranty provisions include normal wear and damage incurred from use or accidental negligence, misuse of instruction specifications or repair by unauthorized parties. The manufacturing company is not liable for any incidental or consequential damages incurred by such circumstances.
Only valid within the United States.
Get cooking with Gourmia
We’d love to hear from you!
Download Manual PDF
Gourmia GAF718 Digital Free Fry Air Fryer User Manual PDF Download