Gourmia GAF798 7-Qt Digital Air Fryer User Manual
RETAIN FOR FUTURE REFERENCE:
FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE
QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS
EMAIL [email protected]
OR CALL 888.552.0033
MON-THU 9:00AM TO 6:00PM ET
AND FRI 9:00AM TO 3:00PM ET
LANGUAGES SUPPORTED: ENGLISH, SPANISH, FRENCH
© 2021 Gourmia
The Steelstone Group
All rights reserved. No portion of this manual may be reproduced by any means whatsoever without written permission from The Steelstone Group, except for the inclusion of quotations in a media review.
Although every precaution has been taken in the preparation of this manual, The Steelstone Group assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions. Nor is any liability assumed for damages resulting from the use of the information contained herein. Although every effort has been made to ensure that the information contained in this manual is complete and accurate, The Steelstone Group is not engaged in rendering professional advice or services to the individual consumer; further, The Steelstone Group shall not be held responsible for any loss or damage allegedly arising from any information or suggestions in this manual.
Congratulations on the purchase of your
Digital Air Fryer from Gourmia!
Here at Gourmia, we’re all about helping cooks make easy, healthy, and delicious meals an everyday possibility. We know how fast-paced life is and that sometimes a home cooked meal doesn’t make the top of the priority list, no matter how bad you want it. Our dependable, easy-to-use units are here to help you change that. We’re giving you the tools to eat better and healthier without spending hours in the kitchen prepping and cooking.
We want you to get the most out of your air fryer, which is why our team is available to help with any questions you may have. Whether you have a question with setup or need some guidance on which preset to use, we’re happy to walk you through it. Welcome to the ease of cooking with Gourmia.
This manual provides instructions for all of the air fryer’s functions and features along with directions for assembling, operating, cleaning, and maintaining the appliance. Please read all safety instructions and directions for safe usage at all times. Keep this manual for future use.
Thank you for choosing Gourmia!
We love hearing from you! Share your thoughts, recipes, and photos with us.
Read all instructions before using the electric appliance. The following basic precautions should always be followed:
- This appliance is not intended for use by children or persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have supervision.
- Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used near children. Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance. Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be done by children unless they are supervised.
- Check if the voltage indicated on the appliance corresponds to the local main voltage before you connect the appliance.
- Do not use the appliance if the plug, the main cord or the appliance itself is damaged. Always make sure that the plug is inserted properly into a wall outlet.
- Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug, after the appliance malfunctions, or if the appliance has been damaged in any manner. Return the appliance to the nearest authorized service facility for examination, repair, or adjustment.
- Do not let the cord hang over the edge of the table or counter, nor let it touch hot surfaces.
- To protect against electric shock, do not immerse cord, plugs, or appliance in water or other liquid.
- Do not plug in the appliance or operate the control panel with wet hands.
- Never connect this appliance to an external timer switch or separate remote-control system in order to avoid a hazardous situation. To disconnect, turn off the appliance, then remove the plug from wall outlet.
- Do not place the appliance on or near combustible materials such as a tablecloth or curtain. The accessible surfaces may become hot during use. Do not place on or near a hot gas or electric burner, or in a heated oven.
- Do not place the appliance against a wall or against other appliances. Leave at least 10 cm / 4 inches of free space on the back and sides and 10 cm / 4 inches of free space above the appliance. Do not place anything on top of the appliance.
- Do not use the appliance for any other purpose than described in this manual. The use of accessory attachments not recommended by the appliance manufacturer may cause injuries.
- Do not leave the appliance unattended when plugged in.
- Extreme caution must be used when moving an appliance containing hot oil or other hot liquids.
- Do not touch the hot surfaces; use the handle. During air frying, hot steam is released through the air outlet openings. Keep your hands and face at a safe distance from the steam and from the air outlet openings. Also be careful of hot steam and air when you remove the basket from the appliance.
- After using the appliance, avoid contact with the hot metal inside. Unplug from outlet when not in use and before cleaning. Allow the appliance to cool before cleaning.
- Immediately unplug the appliance if you see dark smoke coming from the appliance. Wait for the smoke emission to stop before you remove the basket from the appliance.
- Do not use outdoors.
- For household use only
CORD AND PLUG SAFETY
- A short power-supply cord is provided to reduce risk of becoming entangled in or tripping over a longer cord.
- Extension cords may be used if care is exercised in their use.
- If an extension cord is used:
a. The marked electrical rating of the extension cord should be at least equal to the electrical rating of the appliance; and
b. The longer cord should be arranged so that it will not drape over the countertop or tabletop where it can be pulled on by children or tripped over.
ELECTRICAL POLARIZED PLUG
This unit has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). To reduce the risk of electric shock, the plug is intended to be used by inserting it into the electrical outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit securely into the outlet, reverse the plug and re-insert. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician for assistance. Do not modify the plug in any way
|Power:||120V 60HZ 1500W|
KNOW YOUR AIR FRYER
DISPLAY AND CONTROL PANEL
When enabled, air fryer will preheat and prompt you when to add food.
Tap PREHEAT to enable or disable preheating before tapping START.
When preheating is enabled, PREHEAT appears in red on the display.
When enabled, air fryer will prompt you to turn food halfway through cook time.
Tap TURN REMINDER to enable or disable turn reminder before tapping START.
When turn reminder is enabled, TURN appears in red on the display
See the chart on page 11 for presets that have preheat and turn reminder on by default and those that have the option to toggle the settings on and of
DISPLAY, °F / °C, & SOUND
Below are display indicators and notifications for guided cooking prompts.
TOGGLE °F / °C
To toggle between displaying temperature in Fahrenheit and Celsius, press and hold TEMP / TIME.
MUTE AIR FRYER
To silence the air fryer’s beeping sound, press and hold STOP / CANCEL. Press and hold STOP / CANCEL again to turn the sound on.
NOTE: The air fryer will still beep for guided cooking prompts.
NOTE: A check mark indicates preheat and turn reminder can be enabled or disabled by tapping PREHEAT / TURN REMINDER before tapping START.
BEFORE FIRST USE
- Remove all packaging stickers and labels from the air fryer, including the tape securing the basket to the unit.
- To pull out the basket for cleaning, remove the tape securing it into place. Secure the unit with one hand and pull the handle straight back with the other hand.
- Thoroughly clean the basket and crisper tray with hot water, dishwashing liquid, and a non-abrasive sponge.
- Wipe the inside chamber and outside of the air fryer with a moist cloth.
NOTE: During the first few uses, there might be a “hot plastic” smell. This is perfectly normal in new air fryers as the material is heated for the first time. It will go away after the first few uses.
Do not put anything on top of the air fryer.
Do not place the air fryer against a wall or against other appliances. It is important to leave at least 10 cm / 4 inches of free space around the back and sides, and 10 cm / 4 inches of free space above the air fryer to allow for proper ventilation.
Do not fill the basket with oil, frying fat, or any other liquid – this appliance works by circulating hot air.
When spraying food for a crispier finish, we recommend using regular cooking oil instead of cooking spray, as this may damage the nonstick coating.
FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE VISIT WWW.GOURMIA.COM OR CALL 888.552.0033
USING YOUR AIR FRYER
1. Place the air fryer on a stable, level and heat-resistant surface.
2. Place the crisper tray into the basket and slide it into the air fryer.
3. Plug the air fryer into an outlet.
4. Tap the power icon to turn the air fryer on.
5. Tap the desired preset.
The display will show the preset temperature and time
6. Tap TEMP / TIME to adjust temperature / time. Tap + and – icons to increase and decrease temperature / time.
7. Tap PREHEAT / TURN REMINDER to enable or disable these settings.
PREHEAT / TURN appear in red on the display when enabled.
Preheat and turn reminder are on by default for recommended presets.
8. IF PREHEAT IS ENABLED
a. Tap START.
The display will show PrE xeat (Preheat) and the air fryer will begin preheating. Once preheated, the air fryer will beep and the display will show Add Food (Add Food).
WARNING: The basket will be hot! Do not touch hot surfaces.
b. Remove the basket carefully, place food inside, and return it to
the air fryer to automatically begin cooking.
NOTE: If the basket is not removed, the cook time will begin.
8. IF PREHEAT IS DISABLED
- Remove the basket, place food inside, and return it to the air fryer.
- Tap START.
- Halfway through the cook time, the air fryer will beep and the display will show turn Food (Turn Food).
- Remove the basket carefully and place it on a heat-resistant surface.
- Turn or toss the food using non-metal tongs.
- Return the basket to the air fryer to automatically resume cooking.
NOTE: If the basket is not removed, cooking will continue.
When your selected cook time has elapsed, the air fryer will beep and the display will show End (End).
9. Remove the basket carefully and place it on a heat-resistant surface.
10. Remove food from the basket using non-metal tongs.
Always use caution when removing the basket during / after cooking – hot steam may escape!
WARNING: The basket and food will be hot! Do not touch hot surfaces.
Do not use sharp or metal utensils which can scratch the nonstick surface.
Do not turn the basket upside down, as any excess oil that has collected on the bottom of the basket will leak onto the food.
STOP / CANCEL COOKING
Tap STOP / CANCEL to stop cooking. Tap START to resume cooking.
Removing the basket from the air fryer during cooking will stop cooking. Returning the basket to the air fryer will automatically resume cooking.
Tap STOP / CANCEL twice to cancel cooking.
TURN OFF AIR FRYER
Press and hold the power icon to turn off the air fryer. Unplug the air fryer from the outlet when not in use.
- For an extensive list of foods and their ideal amounts, temperature and time settings, along with preparation notes, see the Air Fry Cooking Chart and Dehydrate Chart on pages 64 through 67 of the Gourmia Recipe Book.
- Air fryers perform similar to ovens; follow oven instructions on item packaging or recipe.
- Snacks that can be prepared in an oven can also be prepared in the air fryer.
- Smaller ingredients usually require a slightly shorter cook time than larger ingredients.
- Preheating the air fryer before adding food will generally deliver the best results (see PREHEAT on page 9).
- When cooking multiple batches in a row, only preheat before the first batch.
- Turning or tossing food halfway through cook time will deliver evenly browned and crispy results (see TURN REMINDER on page 9).
- Toss fresh potatoes with 1 tablespoon of oil for a crispy exterior. Air fry the ingredients within a few minutes after adding the oil.
- Do not cook foods that will produce a large amount of grease in the air fryer.
- Place a baking pan or an oven-safe dish or pan in the basket to bake a cake or quiche or to air fry fragile or filled ingredients.
CLEANING & MAINTENANCE
NEVER immerse cord, plug, or air fryer in water or any other liquid.
Do not use metal kitchen utensils or abrasive cleaning material to clean the basket or crisper tray, as this may damage the nonstick coating.
- Clean the air fryer after every use.
- Unplug the air fryer from the outlet before cleaning.
- Let the air fryer cool down completely before cleaning. Remove the basket from the air fryer to cool it down quicker.
- Clean the basket and crisper tray in the dishwasher’s top rack only or with hot water, dish soap, and a non-abrasive sponge.
- If residue is stuck to the bottom of the basket, fill it with hot water and dish soap and let it soak.
- Wipe the outside of the air fryer with a moist cloth.
- Clean the inside of the air fryer with hot water, dish soap and a cleaning brush to remove any food residue.
- Ensure the air fryer is completely dry before using.
Do not throw away the appliance with the normal household waste at the end of its life, but hand it in at an official collection point for recycling. By doing this, you help to preserve the environment.
GUARANTEE AND SERVICE
If you need service or information or if you have a problem, please visit www.Gourmia.com or contact your distributor.
|The air fryer does not work.||The air fryer is not plugged in.||Plug the main plug into a grounded wall socket.|
|The timer has not been set.||Tap + and – icons to set the required cook time to turn on the air fryer.|
|The basket does not fit inside the air fryer.||The basket is not put into the air fryer properly||Slide the basket into the air fryer properly|
|The basket does not fit inside the air fryer.||The basket is overfilled.||Do not fill the basket beyond max line.|
|The ingredients did not cook.||There are too many ingredients in the basket.||Put smaller batches of ingredients in the basket. Smaller batches are fried more evenly.|
|The set temperature is too low||Tap + and – icons to set the required temperature setting.|
|The cook time is too hort.||Tap + and – icons to set the required cook time.|
|The ingredients are fried unevenly||Certain types of ingredients need to be shaken halfway through the cook time.||Ingredients that lie on top of or across each other (e.g. fries) need to be shaken halfway through the cook time (see TURN REMINDER on page 9).|
|Fried snacks are not crispy||You used a type of snack meant to be cooked in a traditional deep fryer.||Use oven snacks or lightly brush some oil onto the snacks for a crispier result.|
|White smoke comes out of the air fryer.||You are preparing greasy ingredients.||When you fry greasy ingredients in the air fryer, a large amount of oil will leak into the basket. The oil produces white smoke and the basket may heat up more than usual. This does not affect the air fryer or the end result.
White smoke is caused by grease heating up in the basket. Make sure you clean the basket properly after each use.
|The basket still contains grease residue from previous use.|
|Fresh fries are fried unevenly.||Quality potatoes will givean even cook.||Use fresh potatoes and make sure they stay firm during frying.|
|Potatoes are too starchy.||Rinse the potato sticks properly and dry to remove starch from the outside of the sticks.|
|Fresh fries are not crispy.||The crispiness of the fries depends on the amount of oil and water in the fries.||Make sure you dry the potato sticks properly before you add the oil. Cut the potato sticks smaller for a crispier result. Add slightly more oil for a crispier result.|
WARRANTY & SERVICE
This Limited Warranty is for one full year from the date of purchase and requires proof of purchase from an authorized seller. It is applicable to the original purchaser only and is not transferable to a third party user. Repair or replacement of defective parts is solely at Gourmia’s discretion. In the event that repair isn’t possible, Gourmia will replace the product/part. If product repair/replacement won’t suffice, Gourmia has the option of refunding the cash value of the product or component returned.
Product defects not covered under the Warranty provisions include normal wear and damage incurred from use or accidental negligence, misuse of instruction specifications or repair by unauthorized parties. Gourmia is not liable for any incidental or consequential damages incurred by such circumstances.
Only valid within the United States.
Register your product at www.Gourmia.com/warranty
Get cooking with Gourmia
MADE IN CHINA
Costco Wholesale Corporation
P.O. Box 34535
Seattle, WA 98124-1535
FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS
EMAIL [email protected]
OR CALL 888.552.0033
MON-THU 9:00AM TO 6:00PM ET
AND FRI 9:00AM TO 3:00PM ET
ENGLISH, SPANISH, FRENCH
Download Manual PDF
Gourmia GAF798 7-Qt Digital Air Fryer User Manual PDF Download