medisana HU 662 Heated Underblanket User Manual
Read the instruction manual carefully before using this device, especially the safety instructions, and keep the instruction manual for future use. Should you give this device to
another person, it is vital that you also pass on these instructions for use.
- Carefully check the heated Underblanket before each use, if you notice wearer damage.
- Do not use if you notice wear, damage or signs of improper use on the device, the switch or the cables or if the device is not working.
- The heated Underblanket may only be operated with the control unit (HU 662) supplied.
- Before connecting the device to your power supply, please ensure that the supply voltage stated on the rating plate is compatible with your mains supply.
- The heated Underblanket may not be operated while folded, creased, wrapped in a cover or placed around the mattress.
- There are four rubber bands sewn onto the heated Underblanket.
- Use these bands to tighten the heated Underblanket over the corners of the mattress. Make sure that the heated Underblanket is firmly strapped to the mattress in both directions and that it will not crease while it is being used. Check it is in the correct position before going to bed.
- During use, the control switch and lead must not be placed on or under the blanket or be otherwise covered in any way.
- Before using it on an adjustable bed, make sure that the power cable and the Underblanket do not get caught in the hinges or get crumpled when making adjustments.
- Neither pierce the blanket with, nor attach safety pins or other spiky or sharp objects to the pad.
- Do not use the device on children or persons who are disabled, asleep or insensitive to heat (persons who cannot react on overheating).
- Children below the age of 3 years are not allowed to use this device, because they are not able to react on overheating.
- The device must not be used by young children over the age of 3 years, unless the control unit has been adjusted accordingly by its parents or legal guardians or unless the
child has been well instructed how to use the control unit properly.
- This appliance can be used by children aged from 8 years and above and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved.
- Children shall not play with the appliance.
- Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children without supervision.
- Never use the blanket unsupervised.
- Prolonged use of the heated Underblanket at a high setting could lead to skin burns.
- Never touch a heated Underblanket that has fallen into water.
- Unplug the unit from the mains outlet immediately.
- Keep the mains lead away from hot surfaces.
- Never carry, pull or turn the blanket by the mains lead and do not let the lead get tangled.
- Do not use the heated Underblanket when wet and only use it in dry environments (not in the bathroom or similar environments).
- The controls and leads must not be exposed to any kind of moisture.
- If a fault occurs, do not attempt to repair the unit yourself.
- Repairs must only be carried out by an authorized specialist dealer or other suitably qualified personnel.
- If the power supply cable is damaged, it may only be replaced by medisana, an authorised dealer or by qualified personnel. In order to prevent hazards, always send the
unit in to the service centre.
- Let the heated Underblanket cool down completely before folding and storing it. Do not fold it too tight.
- When not in use, store as follows:
– You should ideally store the device in its original packaging and keep it in a clean, dry place.
– Fold up the power cable carefully to avoid cable breaks.
– do not crease the appliance by placing items on top of it during storage.
- Should you have any concerns about health issues, consult your doctor before using the heated Underblanket.
- Should you experience persistent pains in the muscles and joints, please inform your doctor. Persistent pains can be a symptom of serious illness.
- If you experience any pain or discomfort while using the unit, stop using it immediately.
- The device is only for private use and is not to be used in hospitals.
Scope of supply
Please check first of all that the device is complete and is not damaged in any way. In case of doubt, do not use the it and contact your dealer or your service centre.
The following parts are included:
- 1 medisana Heated Underblanket HU 662 with removable switching unit
- 1 Instruction manual
If you notice any transport damage during unpacking, please contact your dealer without delay.
Please ensure that the polythene packing is kept away from the reach of children!
Risk of suffocation!
With the medisana HU 662 heated under blankets you can gently warm and relax your whole body. Using the blanket stimulates the circulation in areas of tense muscle and promotes a sense of well being after a strenuous day. The heated Underblanket provides a pleasantly warm bed, allowing you to relax and get to sleep quickly. Spread the blanket out flat on top of the mattress. There are four rubber bands sewn onto the heated Underblanket. Use these bands to tighten the heated Underblanket over the corners of the mattress. Make sure that the electric Underblanket is firmly strapped to the mattress in both directions and that it will not crease while it is being used. Spread a bedsheet on top of it. This allows the Underblanket to release its heat in the best way possible. Check it is in the correct position before going to bed! The blanket may only be used when it is spread out flat. The heated Underblanket features an electric temperature control that regulates the temperature according to the chosen setting.
We recommend switching on the heated Underblanket 30 minutes before going to bed.
Plug the blanket into the mains outlet and move the selector switch 2 from position 0 to position 1.
The power LED 1 will light up. When switching up and down the different levels, the indicator lamp flashes twice briefly and then comes on permanently. You will feel the blanket gradually warming up. This will be even more noticeable if it is covered with a quilt. If you require a higher temperature setting, move the switch 2 to the position 2, 3, 4, 5 or to position 6. Should the blanket get too warm for you, slide the switch back to position 5, 4, 3, 2 or to position 1.
Level 3-6 of the device is intended for heating up, only level 1-2 is for continuous operation. After approx. 180 minutes continuous operation the heated Underblanket automatically turns off.
To switch off the blanket, return the switch 2 to position 0.
The power LED will go out, indicating that the unit is switched off. Now unplug the blanket from the mains outlet.
Cleaning and maintenance
- Before cleaning the heated Underblanket, unplug it from the mains outlet and let it cool down for at least ten minutes.
- The heated Underblanket is equipped with a removable control unit (HU 662).
- Unplug the control unit from the heated Underblanket by pulling out the connection cable from the plug on the heated Underblanket.
- The heated Underblanket can be cleaned dry (with a soft brush) or as described in the instructions on the product label.
- Never use strong detergents or hard brushes.
- To dry, lay the heated Underblanket flat on a moisture absorbent towel or mat.
- Only use the heated Underblanket again once it is completely dry.
- Reconnect the control unit to the heated Underblanket in the correct manner.
- You should untangle the cable from time to time.
- Let the heated Underblanket cool down completely before folding and storing it.
- Do not fold it too tightly. Ideally, you should store the Underblanket folded in its original carton in a clean and dry place.
This product must not be disposed of together with domestic waste.
All users are obliged to hand in all electrical or electronic devices, regardless of whether or not they contain toxic substances, at a municipal or commercial collection point so that they can be disposed of in an environmentally acceptable manner. Consult your municipal authority or your dealer for information about disposal.
Name and model: medisana Heated Underblanket HU 662
Power supply: 220-240V~, 50 Hz
Heat output: 100 watts
Automatic switch-off: after approx. 180 minutes
Dimensions approx.: 150 x 80 cm
Weight approx.: 0.9 kg
Operating conditions: Only use in dry rooms according to this user manual
Storage conditions: Laid out flat, clean and dry
Art. number: 61220
EAN number: 40 15588 61220 6
In accordance with our policy of continual product improvement, we reserve the right for technical and design changes without notice.
The current version of this instruction manual can be found under www.medisana.com
Warranty and repair terms
Please contact your dealer or the service centre in case of a claim under the warranty. If you have to return the unit, please enclose a copy of your receipt and state what the
The following warranty terms apply:
- The warranty period for medisana products is three years from date of purchase. In case of a warranty claim, the date of purchase has to be proven by means of the
sales receipt or invoice.
- Defects in material or workmanship will be removed free of charge within the warranty period.
- Repairs under warranty do not extend the warranty period either for the unit or for the replacement parts.
- The following is excluded under the warranty:
a. All damage which has arisen due to improper treatment, e.g. non-observance of the user instructions.
b. All damage which is due to repairs or tampering by the customer or unauthorised third parties.
c. Damage which has arisen during transport from the manufacturer to the consumer or during transport to the service centre.
d. Accessories which are subject to normal wear and tear.
- Liability for direct or indirect consequential losses caused by the unit are excluded even if the damage to the unit is accepted as a warranty claim.
The service centre address is shown on the attached leaflet.