NAVEE S65 Electric Scooter User Manual
1. Safety Instructions
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
When using an electrical appliance, basic precautions should always be followed, including the following: READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING (THIS APPLIANCE). Failure to follow the warnings and instructions may result in electric shock, fire and/or serious injury.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
Store Indoors When Not in Use.
WARN I NG –To reduce the risk of injury, user must read instruction manual.
- Wear a helmet, elbow pads and knee pads in case of a fall to avoid injury. Improper driving may lead to falls or serious accidents.
- The scooter shall be used by one person only. Shoes muse be worn while riding. Do not use the scooter for other purpose. This scooter is not intended for acrobatic use.
- The product is recommended for riders above age of 16 and below age of 50. People who are not suitable for riding this product include: (1) persons under the influence of alcohol or drugs, (2) persons unable to engage in strenuous physical activities due to health or physical conditions, (3) persons who are incapable of keeping their balance or
who cannot keep their balance due to impaired motor skills, (4) persons whose size exceeds the weight limit, (5) women who are pregnant, (6) persons who suffer from visual and/or hearing impairments.
- Comply with local laws and regulations when riding this product. Do not ride where prohibited by local laws.
- When riding in countries and regions where there are no relevant national standards and regulations for electric scooters, please be sure to strictly abide by the safety requirements for drivers in this operation manual. Brightway innovation Intelligent Technology (Suzhou) Co., Ltd. will not bear any direct responsibility and joint and several liability for all property, personal losses, accidents, legal disputes, and all other adverse events that cause conflicts of interest caused by the use of behaviors in violation of the instructions for use.
- Do not ride in traffic lanes or residential areas where vehicles and pedestrians are both allowed. When passing through a place designated for pedestrians who are entitled to the right-of-way laws like crosswalk, please get off to walk along with the scooter.
- Do not choose places where children, pedestrians, pets, vehicles, bicycles or other obstacles and potential dangers may appear for your first ride.
- Check the scooter before every use. When you note loose parts, low battery alerts, flat tires, excessive wear, strange sounds, malfunctions and other abnormal conditions, stop riding immediately and call for professional support.
- To ride safely, you must be able to clearly see what is in front of you and you must be clearly visible to others.
- Do not ride in bad weather, low visibility, or after intense physical exertion.
- Always park the scooter with kickstand on an even and stable surface.
- This electric scooter is a leisure device. However, when entering a public area, it will be considered a means of transportation and subject to possible safety risks for all means of transportation. Riding in strict accordance with the instructions in this manual will protect you and others to the greatest extent.
- The user should check the limits of use in accordance with the local regulations. Ride the scooter on the roads or areas permitted by local regulations and laws and park it in the areas permitted. The maximum speed of the scooter is limited to 19.9 mph (32 km/h). If the local regulations and laws have different provisions on the maximum speed, the local regulations and laws will prevail. Please respect and follow the road safety and vehicle rules.
- Respect pedestrians’ Right of Way. Try not to startle them while driving, especially children. When you ride from behind pedestrians, ring your bell to give them a heads-up and slow your scooter down to pass from their left, and keep to the right at a low speed while riding across them (applicable to countries where vehicles drive on the right). When you drive across pedestrians, keep the lowest speed or getting off the vehicle.
- In any case, anticipate your trajectory and your speed while respecting the code of the road, the code of the sidewalk and the most vulnerable. Notify your presence when approaching a pedestrian or cyclist when you are not seen or heard. Cross the protected passages while walking. Cross the protected passages while walking. Avoid high
traffic areas or overcrowded areas.
- Riding with high speed or a speed that is not appropriate or adequate for the situation (bad weather conditions, bad surface conditions, or the like) may lead into a potential loss of stability or loss of control. To reduce any risk, you must follow all instructions in this manual. Be careful when mounting and dismantling the product, it may fall and
- Traffic in the city has many obstacles to cross such as curbs or steps. It is recommended to avoid obstacle jumps. It is important to anticipate and adapt your trajectory and speed to those of a pedestrian before crossing these obstacles. It is also recommended to get out of the vehicle when these obstacles become dangerous due to their
shape, height or slippage.
- Do not lend your scooter to whoever does not know the operations. Before lending the electric scooter to others, please make sure that the rider has read this instruction manual and watched the instruction video, and understood the basic operation. Remind riders to wear safety protection correctly to ensure the safety of riders.
- Contact your seller for appropriate training organizations.
- In all cases, take care of yourself and others. NAVEE
- Any load attached to the handlebar will affect the stability of the vehicle.
- Do not touch the brake system, it could cause injuries due to sharp edges. The brake may become hot in use. Do not touch after use.
- The A-weighted emission sound pressure level is less than 70 dB(A).
- For a better riding experience, it is recommended to carry out a regular maintenance of the product.
- Eliminate any sharp edges caused by use.
- Accessories and any additional items which are not approved by the manufacturer shall not be used.
- Regularly check the tightening of the various bolted elements, in particular the wheel axles, the folding system, the steering system and the brake shaft.
- Do not modify or transform the vehicle, including the steering tube and sleeve, stem, folding mechanism and rear brake.
- Make sure the scooter is turned off when being transported and kept in its original packaging if possible.
- In order to avoid accidental injuries such as electric shock and fire caused by improper use, please read the instructions carefully before use, and keep them properly for future reference. NAVEE
- Please use this product in accordance with the instructions in the User Manual. Users are responsible for any loss or
damage arising from improper use of this product.
- Do not charge if the charge port or charge cable is wet. Read this manual carefully before charging.
- Do not charge the scooter at an ambient temperature above 40° C or below o• C.
- WARNING: For the purposes of recharging the battery, only use the detachable supply unit provided with this appliance. Do not use a battery charger from any other product. Keep a safe distance from the surrounding combustibles when charging.
- WARNING: Do not use any third-party battery or battery charger. Use only with Sl26BPS460230U supply unit.
- WARNING! Keep plastic covering away from children to avoid suffocation. NAVEE
- WARNING! Never use the product close to a water source.
- WARNING! Stop using the product when damaged.
The scooter contains a rechargeable lithium-ion battery pack, and improper disposal of these batteries will cause harm to the environment. Follow the steps below to remove the batteries before disposing of the scooter and discard the batteries properly:
- Before removing the batteries, it is better to use them up and make sure the scooter is disconnected from the power supply. Then unscrew the bottom cover of the scooter to remove it. NAVEE
- Unplug the battery connector, and then remove the batteries. Do not damage the battery case to avoid any risk of injuries.
- Discard the removed batteries at a professional recycling facility.
2. Product Overview
Press the button to turn the scooter on, and hold the button for 2 to 3 seconds to turn the scooter off. When the scooter is on, press once to turn on/off the headlight and tail light, and press twice to change riding modes. NAVEE
- Riding Modes: tis for walking mode, and its maximum speed is 6 km/h, the taillight will blink red when this mode is enabled. D is for standard mode. S is for sport mode.
- Speedometer: It displays the current speed when the scooter is working. When the scooter has an issue, it displays an error code. When the scooter is charging, it displays the current battery level. NAVEE
- Cruise Control: The cruise control function is disabled by default and can be enabled in the Mi Home/Xiaomi Home app.
- Bluetooth: The Bluetooth icon is always on, indicating that the scooter has been successfully connected to the mobile device.
- Temperature Warning: If the battery temperature is too high or too low, the thermometer icon will be on. Use or charge the scooter after its battery temperature returns to the normal operating range. NAVEE
- Inflation: When the inflation icon is on, it means that it is time to maintain the tires.
- Error Notification : When the wrench icon displays red, it indicates that the scooter has an error.
- Battery Level: The battery power is indicated by 5 bars, each representing approximately 20 % of a full battery.
- Status Light NAVEE
- Remove the inner holders.
- Hold up the stem until it is completely in an upright position. Then lift the safety lock, and push the quick release lever inward to the end. Install the handlebar onto the stem.
- Follow the number order as illustrated to pre-tighten the four screws with the included Allen key. Make sure the handlebar is correctly installed and then tighten the screws thoroughly.
- Once the scooter is assembled, check if it can be turned on/off properly. Press the power button to turn the scooter on, and then press and hold the power button for 2-3 seconds to turn it off.
Note: Examine the scooter every time before you ride it. Ensure that there are no loose or damaged parts.
4. Connect with Mi Home/Xiaomi Home App
For your safely, the scooter will keep beeping when turned on and is limited to 10 km/h before being activated. When the scooter is used for the first time, it must be activated via the Mi Home/Xiaomi Home app. Once the scooter is activated, the beeping will stop and the speed restriction will be lifted.
- Scan the QR code on the label attached to the control panel, on the right side of the deck, or on the back cover of the user manual to download the Mi Home/Xiaomi Home app.
- Open the Mi Home/Xiaomi Home app. Tap “+” on the top right corner and open ‘Scan” to scan the QR code again. Then follow the instructions in the app to add the scooter.
- The QR code is unique to your scooter, please keep it safe. 2. Open the Mi Home/Xiaomi Home app. Tap “+” on the top right corner and open ‘Scan” to scan the QR code again. Then follow the instructions in the app to add the scooter.
- When connecting the scooter to the Mi Home/Xiaomi Home app, place your phone to the scooter as close as possible to make sure it is within the effective Bluetooth range. NAVEE
- If change the account, delete the scooter from the account it is paired with first, then reconnect the scooter with the Mi Home/Xiaomi Home app.
Make sure the scooter is turned on. Squeeze the brake lever, and press the power button 5 times to reset. When the scooter beeps, it has been reset successfully.
Restore Factory Settings
Make sure the scooter is turned on. Squeeze the brake lever, and simultaneously press and hold the power button for 7 seconds. When you hear a beep, the scooter has been restored to factory settings. This operation will completely delete the data stored in the scooter, please proceed with caution.
Note: The scooter cannot be restored to factory settings during riding or when locked. NAVEE
The scooter is fully charged when the LED on the battery charger changes from red to green.
- Only use the original battery charger to avoid potential damage or fire. Switch off the vehicle or into a certain nonoperational mode during charging.
- Do not charge when the charging port or power cord is wet. If the battery is damaged or soaked with water, it is forbidden to charge or continue to use the battery. NAVEE
6. Check Before Riding
Before each ride, please check the status of your scooter, including tire performance, remaining battery level and scooter body state, and ensure that no part is loose or damaged. NAVEE
WARNING: Wear a helmet, elbow pads and knee pads before riding.
7. Start Riding
Important! There will be falling and injury risk while studying, please wear helmet and safety gear at all times. NAVEE
- Step on the deck with one foot, and slowly kicks off the other on the ground.
Note: For your safely, the accelerator can be used once the scooter is going over S km/h.
- NAVEE Put your other foot on the deck to keep both feet stable, and gently press the accelerator.
Note: When riding, hold the handlebar tightly with both hands to avoid injury, or any falls due to loss of balance.
- Release the accelerator to slow down, and squeeze the brake lever for a sudden brake.
- Tilt your body to the steering direction as you turn, and slowly turn the handlebar. NAVEE
WARNING: sudden braking may cause you to lose traction, fall and serious injury, maintain moderate speed and be aware of potential hazards. NAVEE
Note: Before using the product, please carefully read and abide by the following important safety information. NAVEE
- This product can only be used by one person, do not carry others at the same time.
- Do not try riding up or down stairs, nor try jumping over obstacles.
- Do not keep your feet on the rear mudguard.
- Do not use mobile phone or wear earphones when operating the scooter.
- Do not touch the disc brake.
- Do not hang bags or other heavy stuff on the handlebar.
- Do not use this product beyond the maximum load 264.6 lbs (120kg) as specified by this product.
- Do not press the accelerator when you’re walking alongside the scooter.
- Do not abruptly change the steering direction at high speed.
- Avoid hitting your head on door frames, elevators, and other overhead obstacles.
- Do not ride in the rain. Avoid wet weather, the braking distance will be extended, please ride carefully.
- Do not make dangerous actions during riding, such as riding with one leg or one hand. Make sure that both legs and hands are kept on the electric scooter.
- Unless otherwise authorized by the local laws, it is forbidden and illegal to ride on public roads, motorways, and expressways.
- In case of uneven roads or other poor road conditions, please slow down in time and ride carefully, slow down or get off the vehicle. Scooter is special riding products. Please try to ride on flat roads without potholes. NAVEE
8. Fold/Unfold & Carry
The scooter MUST be turned off before being folded. Since the product can be folded, for your protection and safety, do not step on or turn the folding system when riding.
- NAVEE Hold the stem, lift the safety lock and open the quick release lever. Lift the safety lock and push down the quick release lever again, then fold the stem.
- Align the buckle with the hook and secure them together. NAVEE
Pull the buckle upwards to release it from the hook. Hold up the stem, then lift the safety lock, and push the quick release lever inward to the end.
Hold the stem with either one hand or both hands to carry. NAVEE
Safety Tips: When lifting the stem of the scooter, NEVER put your hands between the joints as may result in serious injuries. NAVEE
9. Care & Maintenance
During cleaning, make sure that the scooter’s turned off, the charging cable is unplugged, and the rubber flap is closed.
Wipe the main chassis with a soft damp cloth, the hard-to-remove dirt can be scrubbed with a toothbrush. Afterwards, wipe all areas with a dry cloth. NAVEE
- Do not wash the scooter with a high-pressure water spray.
- Do not clean the scooter with corrosive cleaner, which will damage the external and internal structure of the scooter.
Always charge before exhausting the battery to prolong the battery’s lifespan. NAVEE
When riding, storing or charging, do not exceed the specified temperature limit (refer to specifications). Failure to follow instructions for use, storage or charging may result in battery damage, failure to charge and void warranty.
The fully charged scooter has an approximate standby time of 120-180 days. If it is not used for a long time, it should be charged every 30 days. Please pay attention to the standby time to prevent irreversible damage to the battery caused by not charging.
- Do not use battery packs of other models or brands, as there may be a safety risk. NAVEE
- Only use the original battery charger to avoid potential damage or fire.
- If the battery is damaged or soaked with water, do not charge or continue to use it.
- Do not remove the battery. Removing the battery is complicated, and improper operation may affect the operation of the scooter.
If the scooter will not be used for an extended period, fully charge it, then turn it off and store it in a cool, dry place. NAVEE
Recharge the scooter at least every 2 months to prevent battery damage. Make sure the scooter is turned off when being transported and kept in its original packaging if possible.
- Please do not leave the scooter under hot sun or severely humid place for extended periods of time.
- This product contains a built-in lithium battery and must be transported only when permitted by local laws and regulations. NAVEE
Inflate the Tire
Check the tire pressure every month, and inflate the tires if the pressure is too low. The recommended tire pressure is 45 psi. NAVEE
If there is a lack of air in the front and rear tires, you may use the extended nozzle supplied with the scooter to inflate tires. First connect the extension nozzle with air pump, then unscrew the front (rear) tire valve cap, and connect the extension nozzle and the valve securely together, then Inflate the tire.
WARNING! Tire removal is very complicated. Please do not remove the tire by yourself. Improper operation may affect the operation of the scooter. Please contact professional support. NAVEE
Adjust the Disc Brake
Tool: 4 mm hex key (the tool needs to be prepared by the user).
Before adjusting, make sure the scooter is turned off and not being charged. During adjusting, pull the end of the brake line to make the line tight.
Note: If the brake is too tight, use the tool to loosen the screw by turning it counterclockwise, pull the disc brake rocker arm outwards, and then tighten the screw. If the brake is too loose, use the tool to loosen the screw by turning it counterclockwise, push the disc brake rocker arm forwards, and then tighten the screw. NAVEE
WARNING ! As with any mechanical component, a vehicle is subject to high stresses and wear. The various materials and components may react differently to wear or fatigue. If the expected service life for a component has been exceeded, it may break suddenly, therefore risking causing injuries to the user. Cracks, scratches and discoloration in the areas subject to high stresses indicate that the component has exceeded its service life and please contact an authorized or a specialized repairer. NAVEE
- (1) Vehicle height: From the ground to the top of the scooter
- General range: Measured when there is no wind and at 77 ° F (25 ° C), the scooter is fully charged to ride at a constant speed of 9.3 mph (15 km/h) on a flat surface with a load of 165.3 lbs (75 kg) NAVEE
- To recharge the battery, only use the battery charger provided in the package. Please see battery charger parameters in Specifications.
11. Trademark and Legal Statement
NAVEE is the trademark of Bright way Innovation Intelligent Technology (Suzhou) Co., Ltd .. All rights reserved. Other trademarks mentioned herein may be registered trademarks of their respective owners. NAVEE
12. Safety Warning
13. NAVEE Certification
FCC Supplier’s Declaration of Conformity
This supplier’s declaration of conformity is hereby for
Product: NAVEE Electric Scooter 565
Model Number(s) : NKP2223-B32
We declare that the above mentioned edvice has been tested and found in compliance with CFR 47 Part Regulation.
Responsible Party–U.5.Contact Information
Company: Brightway Innovation Intelligent Technology (Suzhou) Co., Ltd.
Address: Room 101, Building 6, No. 2888, Wuzhong Avenue, Yuexi Street, Wuzhong Economic Development Zone, NAVEE
Suzhou Jiangsu P.R. China
FCC Compliance Statement for USA
This device complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
1. This device may not cause harmful interference.
2. This device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation. NAVEE
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures: NAVEE
– Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
– Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
– Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
– Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
The device has been evaluated to meet general RF exposure requirement. The device can be used in portable exposure condition without restriction. NAVEE
Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
Industry Canada (IC) Compliance Statement for Canada
This device complies with Industry Canada license-exempt RSS standard (s). Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference, including interference that may cause undesired operation of the device. NAVEE
This product complies with the IC RF exposure limit set forth for an uncontrolled environment and is safe for intended operation as described in this manual.
FCC ID: 2A4GZ-5655001 B
IC: 28570-5655001 B
14. Warranty and service
If the product is within the warranty period from the date of your purchase, we will repair, replace or return it free of charge as the case may be if it is confirmed by the manufacturer or dealer that it is faulty or damaged due to quality defects under normal use. Unless otherwise specified by relevant laws, the product or component used for replacement may not be new, but nevertheless performs well and is equivalent, at least, to the original product or component in function. The warranty period is calculated from the first date of purchase of the product, subject to the invoice date. If there is no valid invoice, the warranty period shall be calculated from the date of delivery plus thirty (30) days. If the invoice date is later than the actual delivery date of the product, the warranty period shall be calculated from the actual delivery date. The repaired or replaced products shall continue to enjoy the warranty for the rest of the warranty period, but not less than thirty (30) days. For warranty application, please contact the manufacturer or distributor of the product and follow the instructions. When applying for warranty, an accurate. complete and clear valid sales invoice should be provided. NAVEE
The above warranty does not apply to failure, malfunction or damage caused by: (a) misuse, abuse or improper transportation, maintenance or storage, such as but not limited to use, storage or maintenance under improper temperature, humidity or other improper environmental conditions; (b) force majeure or accidents, network or power interruption and other reasons beyond our reasonable control: (c) repair or removal without authorization from the manufacturer; (d) the way in which damage has been caused by any third party products or services shall be specified ( purposes other than those for which the product has been designated or intended: (f) using the product in violation of the product instructions: (g) using the product for commercial purposes; or (h) the accumulated mileage recorded by the scooter body has exceeded 2000 km. Normal wear and tear or aging, scratches, abrasions and problems caused by the use of coatings, solvents or other chemicals during general use of the product do not fall within the scope of the warranty. If the original identification label of the product is changed or damaged, this warranty will be invalid. The integrity and completeness of the products and of the attached materials are not within the scope of the warranty .. You should inspect the products on the spot when receiving them and object immediately to any ascertained discrepancies. NAVEE
The above warranty statement applies to our products. This warranty grants the specific legal rights and other rights you may have according to the law. Nothing in this document affects your rights in a fashion that is not susceptible of exclusion or restriction in accordance with law. NAVEE
Warranty information for the product:
If laws in the territory prescribe a longer warranty period, the aforementioned warranty conditions shall be applied in the prolonged warranty period. NAVEE
Reminder: The following consumables delivered with the scooter upon purchase are not covered by the warranty: inner and outer tires, front lamp assembly, instrument cover, handle cover, fender, rear tail lamp, decorative cover, foot support, charging port seat, rubber plug and scooter kit. When repairing and replacing parts, do not use any replacement parts other than professional parts provided by the original manufacturer. For replacement, please contact the manufacturer. NAVEE
This product is the same as any mechanical parts. The scooter can bear high stress and wear. Various materials and components ( scooter’s machinery, axle) may react differently to wear or fatigue. If the component have reached the expected service life, they may break suddenly, causing the risk of injury. If any problem is found, please repair and replace the parts in time. If there are cracks, scratches and discoloration in the area under high load, it indicates that the component has exceeded its service life. Please contact the manufacturer or dealer to replace the component as soon as possible. NAVEE
When purchasing the product, we recommend that you clearly fill in the following information and affix the sales seal to protect your legitimate rights and interests NAVEE :