PYLE Lanzar SBA 8 A 8 Inch 600W Low Profile Activate Amplifier
Car Audio Subwoofer System User Manual
With the SBA8A , we are introducing a low-profile amplified subwoofer. Low enough to easily fit below the seat of your car. This system offers you a quick and easy way to add a high-powered subwoofer system to your audio system.
The integrated amplifier in the SBA8A features low pass crossovers, and a control for adjusting the input sensitivity from 0.12V to 3.5V.
Both high level (speaker level) and low level (RCA type) inputs are present, making this a universal solution for use with any head unit or other input source.
For further flexibility in the use of a subwoofer, a variable bass boost control has been included. You can control the subwoofer level with the remote level control module.
Mounting the Subwoofer
- Find a suitable location in the vehicle in which to mount the amplifier.
A typical location is shown below:
- Make sure there is sufficient air circulation around the intended mounting location.
- Mark the location for mounting hole screws by positioning the cabinet where you wish to install it. Make a small mark to identify the position and remove the unit. Thoroughly clean the area you plan to attach the subwoofer, using a vacuum cleaner and press down on it securely.
high-powered subwoofer system to your audio system.
SBA8A features low pass crossovers, and a control for adjusting the input sensitivity from 0.12V to 3.5V. Both high level (speaker level) and low level (RCA type) inputs are present, making this a universal solution for use with any head unit or other input source. included. You can control the subwoofer level with the remote level control module.
Control Panel and Features
- POWER ON LED INDICATOR
- PROTECT LED INDICATOR
- PHASE SHIFT: Use this switch to help compensate for time alignment problems in the from the listener than the other speakers in the system.
- AUTO POWER ON: During ON mode, It’s not necessary to connect the remote cable if you’re using the high level inputs. Do not function with the RCA inputs. On the contrary while it is during AUTO POWER OFF mode that it needs remote cable connection to turn on the unit.
- LOW PASS FILTER: This control permits you define the frequency range you want the subwoofer amplifier to receive. The subwoofer will reproduce all sound BELOW the frequency you set. If the rest of your system is weak on the midst, you may wish to set this control relatively high. If the midrange is well covered by the rest of your system, you will probably want the subwoofer to only receive lower frequency signal.
- BASS BOOST: The bass boost feature will increase the sound level the bass frequencies.
- INPUT GAIN CONTROL: After you have installed your system, turn this control to minimum. Turn the head unit on (and the subwoofer will turn on via the remote connection). Turn the head unit volume to about 2/3 full level. Slowly turn up the subwoofer input gain control until you hear a small amount of distortion. Then reduce the level until the distortion is completely gone. Leave the control at this setting.
- REMOTE LEVEL CONTROL PORT: Attach the included remote level control to control the volume level of the subwoofer independently.
- HIGH LEVEL (speaker level) INPUTS: If your head unit does not have RCA outputs, you can use the speaker outputs for the audio source for the SBA8A. Use the supplied cable and connect the outputs properly as shown in the connection diagram in this manual.
- LOW LEVEL RCA INPUTS: Low level inputs are the recommended way to introduce the audio signal to the subwoofer if RCA outputs are present on your head unit or other signal source (such as a sound processor).
- FUSE: The fuse is rated at 25A. Do not use a fuse with a different value and NEVER replace the fuse with a wire or coin.
- POWER TERMINALS
Low Level Input Wiring
Low-level (RCA) input wiring is preferred for best audio performance. Most trunk or hatchback installations will require a 15-20 foot RCA cable, while pickup trunks and under-seat installations will require a 6-12 foot RCA cable. Always use a high quality cable.
NOTE: Do not connect BOTH the high level and low level inputs from your receiver to your
High Level Input Wiring
The high level input(s) should only be used when your receiver lacks RCA outputs. If the RCA outputs are not present, connect the speaker outputs from the receiver to the problems.
NOTE: Do not connect BOTH the high level and low level inputs from your receiver to your amplifier at the same time!
Connect the ground terminal to the closest point on the chassis of the vehicle. Keep this ground wire to less than 39″ (100 cm) in length. Use 8 gauge (or heavier) wire. AUTO POWER ON the head unit using 16 gauge (or heavier) wire. Connect an empty fuse holder within 18″ (45 location. Then connect the fuse holder to the “BATT+” connection on the subwoofer rear panel.
Remote Level Control Connection
Instal the remote control securely under the dash or in a similar location where using it will not distract the driver.
If you experience operation or performance problems with this product, compare your installation with the electrical wiring diagram on the previous pages. If problems persist, read the following troubleshooting tips which may help eliminate the problems.
|Not switching on. Power LED not ‘on’||NO +12v to power wire||Check fuses and connections to battery.|
|NO power to remote wire||Check remote on connections to head unit.|
|Fuse broken||Replace fuse with correct type and amperage.|
|Not working, but status LED ‘on’||Fuse blown||Replace fuse with correct type and amperage.|
|Amplifier too hot||Move unit to vented area. Turn head unit down.|
|No sound||Head Unit||Check head unit volume level.|
|Gain control not set up||Ensure you have set up the amplifier gain level control|
|Connections||Check all power, remote on and ground connections|
This product can expose you to a chemical or group of chemicals, which may include “Di (2-ethylhexyl) phthalate (DEHP)” which is known in the state of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm. For more info, go to https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov/.
- 8″ Slim Woofer
- Low-Level RCA Input
- High-Level Speaker Line Input with AUTO POWER ON/OFF selector
- Blue LED Power Status Indicator
- Red LED Protection Status Indicator
- Remote Bass Boost Level Control
- Delay Remote Turn-On Thermal
- Short and Overload Protection Circuits
What’s in the Box:
- Amplified Subwoofer
- Remote Subwoofer Level Control
- Remote Subwoofer Control Cable
- Hi-level Input Wire
- Mounting Hardware
- Phase Shift Switch: 0 or 180°
- Adjustable Input Sensitivity: 0.12V-3.5V
- 0 to +12dB Variable Bass Boost (@50Hz)
- Low Pass Filter (50-150 Hz)
- Fuse: 1x25A
- Max Power: 600 watt
- RMS Power: Amplifier: [email protected] 4 ohm 1 %
- THD: 14.4V
- Slim Woofer: 100Watt
- Product Dimension: 12.8″ x 9.5″ x 3″ -inches
We are here to help!
Phone: (1) 718-535-1800
Email: [email protected]