Whirlpool Major Appliance Limited Warranty Manual
IF YOU NEED SERVICE:
- Before contacting us to arrange service, please determine whether your product requires repair. Some questions can be addressed without service. Please take a few minutes to review the Troubleshooting or Problem Solver section of the Use and Care Guide, or visit www.whirlpool.com/product_help.
- All warranty service is provided exclusively by our authorized Whirlpool Service Providers. In the U.S. and Canada, direct all requests for warranty service to:
Whirlpool Customer eXperience Center In the U.S.A., call 1-800-253-1301. In Canada, call 1-800-807-6777.
If outside the 50 United States or Canada, contact your authorized Whirlpool dealer to determine whether another warranty applies.
WHAT IS COVERED
For one year from the date of purchase, when this major appliance is installed, operated and maintained according to instructions attached to or furnished with the product, Whirlpool Corporation or Whirlpool Canada LP (hereafter “Whirlpool”) will pay for Factory Specified Replacement Parts and repair labor to correct defects in materials or workmanship that existed when this major appliance was purchased, or at its sole discretion replace the product. In the event of product replacement, your appliance will be warranted for the remaining term of the original unit’s warranty period.
YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SHALL BE PRODUCT REPAIR AS PROVIDED HEREIN. Service must be provided by a Whirlpool designated service company. This limited warranty is valid only in the United States or Canada and applies only when the major appliance is used in the country in which it was purchased. This limited warranty is effective from the date of original consumer purchase. Proof of original purchase date is required to obtain service under this limited warranty.
ONE YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
WHAT IS NOT COVERED
- Commercial, non-residential, multiple-family use, or use inconsistent with published user, operator or installation instructions.
- In-home instruction on how to use your product.
- Service to correct improper product maintenance or installation, installation not in accordance with electrical or plumbing codes or correction of household electrical or plumbing (i.e. house wiring, fuses or water inlet hoses).
- Consumable parts (i.e. light bulbs, batteries, air or water filters, preservation solutions, etc.).
- Defects or damage caused by the use of non-genuine Whirlpool parts or accessories.
- Conversion of products from natural gas or propane gas.
- Damage from accident, misuse, abuse, fire, floods, acts of God or use with products not approved by Whirlpool.
- Repairs to parts or systems to correct product damage or defects caused by unauthorized service, alteration or modification of the appliance.
- Cosmetic damage including scratches, dents, chips, and other damage to the appliance finishes unless such damage results from defects in materials and workmanship and is reported to Whirlpool within 30 days.
- Discoloration, rust or oxidation of surfaces resulting from caustic or corrosive environments including but not limited to high salt concentrations, high moisture or humidity or exposure to chemicals.
- Food or medicine loss due to product failure.
- Pick-up or delivery. This product is intended for in-home repair.
- Travel or transportation expenses for service in remote locations where an authorized Whirlpool servicer is not available.
- Removal or reinstallation of inaccessible appliances or built-in fixtures (i.e. trim, decorative panels, flooring, cabinetry, islands, countertops, drywall, etc.) that interfere with servicing, removal or replacement of the product.
- Service or parts for appliances with original model/serial numbers removed, altered or not easily determined.
The cost of repair or replacement under these excluded circumstances shall be borne by the customer.
DISCLAIMER OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES
IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE LIMITED TO ONE YEAR OR THE SHORTEST PERIOD ALLOWED BY LAW. Some states and provinces do not allow limitations on the duration of implied warranties of merchantability or fitness, so this limitation may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you also may have other rights that vary from state to state or province to province.
DISCLAIMER OF REPRESENTATIONS OUTSIDE OF WARRANTY
Whirlpool makes no representations about the quality, durability, or need for service or repair of this major appliance other than the representations contained in this warranty. If you want a longer or more comprehensive warranty than the limited warranty that comes with this major appliance, you should ask Whirlpool or your retailer about buying an extended warranty.
LIMITATION OF REMEDIES; EXCLUSION OF INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SHALL BE PRODUCT REPAIR AS PROVIDED HEREIN. WHIRLPOOL SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. Some states and provinces do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so these limitations and exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you also may have other rights that vary from state to state or province to province.
®/™ ©2018 Whirlpool. Used under license in Canada. All rights reserved