Anova Culinary AN500-US00 Sous Vide Precision Cooker User Manual
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- LED Indicator
- Maximum Water Level Line
- Minimum Water Level Line
- Adjustable Clamp
- Removable Skirt
led light modes
Pulsing Blue: preheating
Solid Blue: cooking
Red: low water or error
Pulsing White: pairing
fill a pot
- Fill a pot or container with water.
- Place it on a heat-safe surface or trivet, away from counter edges.
attach your cooker
- Loosen the rear screw on your Anova Precision® Cooker clamp.
- Fit the clamp over the edge of your pot.
- Tighten the rear screw so it is snug against the wall of the pot.
- Adjust the height of the cooker by adjusting the side screw.
(do not overtighten screws)
- Plug in your Anova Precision® Cooker.
- Place your food in a sealable bag and lower the bag into the water.
- Clip the bag to the side of the pot.
USING THE DISPLAY
- Current Temperature
- Target Temperature
- Time/Temp Display
- Decrease Time/Temp
- Increase Time/Temp
set or change temperature
- Press the Target Temperature button
- Press the +/- buttons
set or change cooking time
- Press the Timer button
- Press the +/- buttons
change to fahrenheit or celsius
- Press and hold the Current Temperature button for 3 seconds
start or stop cooking
- Press the Start/Stop button
CONNECT TO WI-FI
- download the Anova Culinary App on your smartphone or tablet.
- connect to your preferred Wi-Fi network.
- open the app and follow the on-screen instructions to connect.
CARE AND CLEANING
Unplug your Anova Precision® Cooker before disassembling or cleaning.
how to disassemble
remove the clamp
- Loosen the side knob.
- Slide the clamp down off of the stainless steel skirt.
remove the skirt
- Grasp the stainless steel skirt.
- Gently twist it clockwise to unlock it from the upper body.
- Carefully pull the skirt downward off the device.
- Slide the skirt over the device.
- Align the dots on the skirt with the grooves in the upper body.
- Gently twist the skirt counterclockwise to lock in place.
how to clean
stainless steel skirt
- Wash with mild dish soap or place it in the dishwasher.
- Gently scrub the exposed metal and plastic components with a tooth brush and mild dish soap
- Do not bend or displace any of the exposed components.
- Wipe with a dry cloth.
- Gently wipe with a lightly damp microfiber cloth.
- Wipe with a dry microfiber cloth.
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules / Industry Canada licenceexempt RSS standard(s). Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
to reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, or injury:
- Do not use with damaged cord or plug.
- If appliance is not working as it should, has been dropped, damaged, left outdoors, or dropped into water, do not attempt to use the device again. Contact Anova Support at [email protected] anovaculinary.com for assistance.
- Do not use outdoors.
- Unplug the electrical cord when not in use and before servicing.
- Do not allow to be used as a toy. Close attention is necessary when used by or near children.
- Use only as described in this manual. Use only manufacturer’s recommended attachments.
- Do not pull or carry by cord or use cord as a handle.
- Do not use extension cords or outlets with inadequate current carrying capacity.
- Do not unplug by pulling on cord. To unplug, grasp the plug.
- Do not handle plug or appliance with wet hands.
- Do not put any object into openings. Do not use with any opening blocked; keep free of dust, lint, hair, and anything that may reduce water flow.
- Do not use appliance in flammable or combustible liquids such as gasoline, or use in areas where they may be present.
- Store your appliance indoors in a cool, dry area.
- Do not use a voltage converter or adapter, or plug a device into an outlet with unmatched voltage.
always exercise basic safety precautions when operating electrical appliances, including the following:
- Read all instructions, including the instructions you’re reading now.
- Do not touch hot surfaces.
- To protect against electrical shock, do not immerse cord, plugs, or the device’s electrical components in water or other liquid.
- Close supervision is necessary when appliance is used by or near children.
- Unplug from outlet when not in use and before cleaning. Allow device to cool before assembling or disassembling.
- Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug. Do not operate the appliance if it has malfunctioned or been damaged in any manner. For assistance contact Anova Support at [email protected] anovaculinary.com.
- The use of accessory attachments is not recommended by the appliance manufacturer and may cause injuries.
- Do not let cord hang over the edge of the table or counter. Do not let the cord come in contact with hot surfaces.
- Do not place the device on or near hot gas or electric burner, or in a heated oven.
- Use extreme caution when moving an appliance containing hot liquids.
- Do not unplug while device is running.
- Do not use appliance for anything other than its intended use.
- Do not open bottom enclosure while device is plugged in or operating as there are heating elements and moving parts.
- Do not use directly on a granite or marble surface. Always place an insulating surface between the hot pot and granite or marble surface.
Limited warranty. Full details available at anovaculinary.com/warranty
Anova®, Precision®, Precision® Cooker, and HemiFlow™ are trademarks or registered trademarks of Anova Applied Electronics, Inc. ©2019 Anova Applied Electronics, Inc. San Francisco, CA, US | Stockholm, SE. All Rights Reserved.
Apple, the Apple logo and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Android, Google Play, and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google Inc. All other trademarks and trade names are properties of their respective owners.
Download Manual PDF
Anova Culinary AN500-US00 Sous Vide Precision Cooker
User Manual PFD Download