Avanti PDR75L34G 12V DC RV Truck Portable
Refrigerator User Manual
Your safety and the safety of others are very important.
We have provided many important safety messages in this manual and on your appliance. Always read and obey all safety messages.
⚠ This is the Safety Alert Symbol. This symbol alerts you to potential hazards that can kill or injure you and others. All safety messages will follow the Safety Alert Symbol and either the wards” DANGER”, “WARNING” or “CAUTION”. Danger means that failure to heed this safety statement may result in severe personal injury or death. Warning means that failure to heed this safety statement may result in extensive product damage, serious personal injury, or death. Caution means that failure to heed this safety statement may result in minor or moderate personal injury, or property or equipment damage. All safety messages will alert you to what the potential hazard is, tell you how to reduce the chance of injury, and let you know what can happen if the instructions are not followed.
⚠ PROP. 65 WARNING FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm www.p65warnings.ca.gov
⚠ Before the appliance is used, it must be properly positioned and installed as described in this manual, so read the manual carefully. To reduce the risk of fire, electrical shock or injury when using the beverage cooler, follow basic precautions, including the following:
⚠ DANGER ⚠
- Plug into a grounded 3-prong outlet, do not remove grounding prong, do not use an adapter, and do not use an extension cord
- Replace all panels before operating
- It is recommended that a separate circuit, serving only your appliance, be provided. Use receptacles that cannot be turned off by a switch or pull chain
- Never clean appliance parts with flammable fluids. These fumes can create a fire hazard or explosion. And do not store or use gasoline or other flammable vapours and liquids in the vicinity of this or any other appliance. The fumes can create a fire hazard or explosion.
- Before proceeding with cleaning and maintenance operations, make sure the power line of the unit is disconnected.
- Do not connect or disconnect the electric plug when your hands are wet
- Unplug the appliance or disconnect the power before cleaning or servicing. Failure to do so can result in electrical shock or death.
- Do not attempt to repair or replace any part of your appliance unless it is specifically recommended in this material. All other servicing should be referred to a qualified technician.
⚠ WARNING ⚠
- Use two or more people to move and install the appliance. Failure to do so can result in back or other injury.
- To ensure proper ventilation for your appliance, the unit must be completely unobstructed. Choose a well-ventilated area with temperatures above 550F (130C) and below 900F (32 0C). This unit must be installed in an area protected from the elements, such as wind, rain, water spray or sunlight.
- The appliance should not be located next to ovens, grills or other sources of high heat.
- The appliance must be installed with all electrical, water and drain connections in accordance with state and local codes. A standard electrical supply (115 V AC only, 60 Hz), properly grounded in accordance with the National Electrical Code and local codes and ordinances is required.
- Do not kink or pinch the power supply cord of the appliance.
- The fuse (or circuit breaker) size should be 15 amperes.
- It is important for the appliance to be levelled in order to work properly. You may need to make several adjustments to level it.
- All installation must be in accordance with local plumbing code requirements.
- Make certain that the pipes are not pinched or kinked or damaged during installation.
- Check for leaks after connection.
- Never allow children to operate, play with or crawl inside the appliance
- Do not use solvent-based cleaning agents or abrasives on the interior. These cleaners may damage or discolour the interior.
- Do not use this apparatus for other than its intended purpose.
HELP US HELP YOU…
Read this guide carefully. It is intended to help you operate and maintain your new Refrigerator properly. Keep it handy to answer your questions. If you don’t understand something or you need more assistance, please call:
Avanti Customer Service 800-220-5570
Keep proof of original purchase date (such as your sales slip) with this guide to establish the warranty period.
THE REFRIGERATOR IS NOT DESIGNED FOR THE STORAGE OF
MEDICINE OR OTHER MEDICAL PRODUCTS.
Write down the model and serial numbers.
You’ll find them on a plate located on the rear wall of the Refrigerator Please write these numbers here:
Date of Purchase
Serial Number Use these numbers in any correspondence or service calls concerning your Refrigerator
If you received a damaged Refrigerator, immediately contact the dealer (or builder) that sold you the Refrigerator
Save time and money. Before you call for service, check the Troubleshooting Guide. It lists causes of minor operating problems that you can correct yourself.
If you need service
We’re proud of our service and want you to be pleased. If for some reason you are not happy with the service you receive, here are some steps to follow for further assistance. FIRST, contact the people who serviced your Refrigerator. Explain why you are not pleased. In most cases, this will solve the problem.
NEXT, if you are still not pleased, write all the details, including your telephone number, and send it to:
Customer Service Avanti Products P.O. Box 520604 Miami, FL 33152 USA
PARTS & FEATURES
This appliance is designed for mobile use (RV, Vehicle / Truck, Motorhome, and/or Camper).
- Left Compartment
- Control Panel
- Telescopic Handle
- Telescopic Handle Release
- Reinforced Corners
- Compressor Area
- Heavy Duty Wheels
- Power Inlet
- Rear Handle
- Right Compartment
- Reversible Doors (2)
- Door Latch
** To extend the telescopic handle: Press and hold the handle release buttons marked # 4 in the above graphic and pull the handle outward.
** To close the telescopic handle: Press and hold the handle release buttons marked # 4 in the above graphic and push the handle inward.
Reversing The Door Swing
This appliance has the capability of the doors opening from either the left or right side. The unit is delivered to you with the doors opening from the left side. Should you desire to reverse the opening direction, see graphic shown.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
⚡ WARNING ⚡
To reduce the risk of fire, electrical shock, or injury when using your refrigerator, follow these basic precautions:
This Unit Is For Indoor Use Only
– SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS –
– Read all instructions before using the refrigerator.
– DANGER or WARNING: Risk of child entrapment. Child entrapment and suffocation are not problems of the past. Junked or abandoned refrigerators are still dangerous . . . even if they will “just sit in the garage a few days”.
– Before you throw away your old refrigerator: take off the doors. Leave the shelves in place so that children may not easily climb inside.
– Never allow children to operate, play with, or crawl inside the refrigerator.
– Never clean refrigerator parts with flammable fluids. The fumes can create a fire hazard or explosion.
– Do not store or use gasoline or any other flammable vapors and liquids in the vicinity of this or any other refrigerator. The fumes can create a fire hazard or explosion.
Before Using Your Refrigerator
- Remove the exterior and interior packing.
- Check to be sure you have all of the following parts:
- 2 Removable Baskets
- 2 Drain Plugs
- Instruction Manual
- 1 DC Power Cable
- 1 AC Power Adapter
- Before connecting the unit to the power source, let it stand upright for approximately 2 hours. This will reduce the possibility of a malfunction in the cooling system from handling during transportation.
- Clean the interior surface with lukewarm water using a soft cloth.
Installation of Your Appliance
- Place your refrigerator on a surface that is strong enough to support the unit when it is fully loaded.
- Allow 5 inches of space between the back and sides of the appliance, which allows the proper air circulation.
- Avoid locating the appliance in extremely moist areas. Too much moisture in the air will cause frost to form quickly on the evaporator requiring more frequent defrosting of the refrigerator.
12V DC POWER CONNECTION
When operating this appliance on battery (12 Volt) power, use the 12V DC cable provided. If you have a blown fuse, always replace the built-in fuse with one of the same rating of 10A.
115V POWER CONNECTION
Use this option when cooling down the unit for the first time and/or when you want to cool down the unit in preparation for use in your RV or use on your DC generator. When operating this refrigerator on AC it requires a standard 115/120 Volt A.C./60Hz electrical outlet with two prong plug.
SOLAR POWER CONNECTION
Insert the solar charge cable into the Solar Terminal as shown Max Solar input voltage 50V, Max Solar Input Current 1.0 A When connecting to a solar panel, please place the unit in a cool place to dissipate heat. The charging input power should be higher than the working power of the unit (about 40 45 W). Recommend to use a 100W Solar Panel.
Electrical Connection (AC Operation
⚡ Warning ⚡
Improper use of the grounded plug can result in the risk of electrical shock. If the power cord is damaged, have it replaced by an authorized Avanti Products service center.
This appliance should be properly grounded for your safety. The power cord of this appliance is equipped with a three-prong plug which mates with standard three prong wall outlets to minimize the possibility of electrical shock.
- Do not under any circumstances cut or remove the third ground prong from the power cord supplied.
- This appliance requires a standard 115Volts~/60Hz electrical outlet with three-prong ground.
- The cord should be secured behind the appliance and not left exposed or dangling to prevent accidental injury.
- Never unplug the appliance by pulling the power cord. Always grip the plug firmly and pull straight out from the receptacle.
- Do not use an extension cord with this appliance. If the power cord is too short, have a qualified electrician or service technician install an outlet near the appliance.
Because of potential safety hazards under certain conditions, it is strongly recommended that you do not use an extension cord with this unit. However, if you must use an extension cord it is absolutely necessary that it be a UL/CUL-Listed, 3-wire grounding type appliance extension cord having a grounding type plug and outlet and that the electrical rating of the cord be 115 volts and at least 10 amperes.
Most electrical appliances use a series of electric control boards to operate. These boards are very susceptible to power surges and could be damaged or destroyed. If the appliance is going to be used in an area or if your city / country is prone to power surges / outages; it is suggested that you use a power surge protector for all electrical devices / appliances you use. The surge protector that you select must have a surge block high enough to protect the appliance it is connected to. If you have any questions regarding the type and size of surge protector needed contact a licensed electrician in your area.
Damages due to power surges are not considered a manufacturer covered defect and will void your product warranty.
OPERATING YOUR APPLIANCE
Temperature Display ºC/ºF
To change the display setting from ºC to ºF. Power OFF the unit. Press and hold the SET button for 3 seconds or until E1 appears in the display. Press the SET button again until E5 is shown. Press the + or to select ºC or ºF. Factory default is ºF
Setting the Temperature Control
This appliance is designed for mobile use (RV, Motorhome, Camper or Vehicle) and outdoor use. The following instructions will apply when the unit is connected to either DC or AC power source using the appropriate adapter. Your unit has only one control for regulating the temperature in the compartment. When the unit is first plugged in, you will hear a beep and the control panel will light up. You can select the temperatures and settings as desired.
Display: This display will show the set temperature while programming and then the current temperature of each zone while operating.
Temperature Setting: Press the + or buttons to select the desired temperature of each zone, press the “SET” button to switch between zones. (Temperature Range -4ºF 68ºF (-20ºC 20ºC))
Cooling Mode (ECO / MAX): Press the “SET” button to enter the mode selection, press “SET” again to select the desired mode: (Factory default setting is MAX).
Max: Normal Cooling Mode
ECO: Energy Saving Mode
Dry Storage Mode:
Your unit can also serve as storage bin. To deactivate the cooling to one of the zones follow the steps below:
LEFT Zone: Press and hold the + and SET buttons at the same time. The display will show (- – -) to confirm the zone has been deactivated.
RIGHT Zone: Press and hold the – and SET buttons at the same time. The display will show (- – -) to confirm the zone has been deactivated.
To turn the cooling system back on to the deactivated zone, please repeat the steps above. The system will return to normal cooling process.
USB Connector: Output +5V DC/1A is suitable for temporary connection of small devices like mobile phones, tablets etc.
System Reset: To reset the unit to the factory default, turn off the unit by pressing the POWER ON/OFF button, press and hold the SET button until the message E1 is shown in the display window. Press the + and buttons at the same time until the screen resets.
Battery Protection Mode: While in normal running mode, press and hold the SET button until the screen flashes to enter the Battery Protection Setting.
Press the SET button again to select the required protection setting
|H||High||This setting should be used when connected to car power source.|
|M||Medium||This setting should be used when using a portable battery or other back-up battery source|
|L||Low||This setting should be used when using a portable battery or other back-up battery source|
The Battery Protection Mode should be set to H to M or from M to L if there is a voltage protection error F1 shown on the display panel. The mode should be set to H if the unit keeps working after turning off the car engine as the product could drain the car battery.
|INPUT MODE||DC 12V||DC 24V|
|CUT OUT||CUTIN||CUT OUT||CUTIN|
This unit is equipped with an interior LED light located inside the compartment.
CARE AND MAINTENANCE
Cleaning The Appliance
- Unplug the unit and remove contents.
- Wash the inside with a warm water and baking soda solution. The solution should be about 2 tablespoons of baking soda to a quart of water.
- Remove the drain plug to drain the excess liquids.
- The outside of the unit should be cleaned with mild detergent and warm water.
CAUTION: Failure to unplug the appliance could result in electrical shock or personal injury.
Defrosting the unit
Humidity can form frost in the interior of the unit which will affect the cooling performance. Defrost the unit regularly to avoid any possible issues.
- Turn off the unit
- Remove the contents
- Open the doors and allow the frost to defrost naturally, do not use any sharp or hard objects to remove the frost from the interior of the unit as this can damage the unit.
- Remove the drain plug.
- Wipe off the excess water
- Replace the drain plug
You can solve many common appliance problems easily, saving you the cost of a possible service call. Try the suggestions below to see if you can solve the problem before calling for service.
|Refrigerator does not operate||Not plugged in.
The circuit breaker tripped or blown fuse.
|Refrigerator does not cool||The refrigerator temperature control is set at “OFF”|
|Refrigerator is not cold enough.||The room temperature is hotter than normal.
The door is opened too often.
The door is not closed completely.
The temperature control is not set correctly.
A large amount of warm or hot food has been stored recently; wait
for the refrigerator to reach is set temperature.
|Error Code F1||Low Voltage to unit
Adjust battery protection from H to M or from M to L
|Error Code F2||Condenser Fan Overload
Disconnect unit for 30 minutes and Restart
|Error Code F3||Compressor Start Too Frequently
Disconnect unit for 30 minutes and Restart
|Error Code F4||Compressor not starting
Disconnect unit for 30 minutes and Restart
|Error Code F5||Compressor Overheating / Electronics
Disconnect unit for 30 minutes and Restart
|Error Code F6||Controller Error
Disconnect unit for 30 minutes and Restart
|Error Code F7 or F8||Temperature Sensor Fault
Contact Customer Service
SERVICE FOR YOUR REFRIGERATOR
We are proud of our customer service organization and the network of professional service technicians that provide service on your Avanti Products refrigerators. With the purchase of your Avanti Products refrigerator, you can be confident that if you ever need additional information or assistance, the Avanti Products Customer Service team will be here for you. Just call us toll-free.
Avanti Products Customer Service
|Product Information 800-323-5029||Whatever your questions are about our products, help is available.|
|Part Orders 800-220-5570||You may order parts and accessories that will be delivered directly to your home by personal check, money order, Master Card, or Visa.|
|In-Home Repair Service 800-220-5570||An Avanti Products authorized service center will provide expert repair service, scheduled at a time that is convenient for you. Our trained servicers know your refrigerator inside and out.|
YOUR AVANTI PRODUCTS WARRANTY
Staple your sales receipt here. Proof of original purchase date is needed to obtain service under warranty.
WHAT IS COVERED LIMITED ONE-YEAR WARRANTY Avanti Products warrants that the product is free from defects in materials and/or workmanship for a period of twelve (12) months from the date of purchase by the original owner. The foregoing timeline begins to run upon the date of purchase, and shall not be stalled, tolled, extended, or suspended for any reason whatsoever unless described in detail in the warranty document. For one year from the date of purchase by the original owner, Avanti products will, at its option, repair or replace any part of the product which proves to be defective in material or workmanship under normal use. Avanti Products will provide you with a reasonably similar product that is either new or factory refurbished. During this period Avanti Products will provide all parts and labor necessary to correct such defects free of charge, so long as the product has been installed and operated in accordance with the written instructions in this manual. In rental or commercial use, the warranty period is 90 days. All Avanti appliances of 4.4 cubic feet capacity or less must be brought/sent to the appliance service center for repair.
WARRANTY EXCLUSIONS / WHAT IS NOT COVERED: The warranty coverage described herein excludes all defects or damage that are not the direct fault of Avanti Products, including without limitation, one or more of the following:
- A failure to comply with any applicable state, local, city, or county electrical, plumbing and/or building codes, regulations, or laws, including failure to install the product in strict conformity with local fire and building codes and regulations.
- Any external, elemental and/or environmental forces and factors, including without limitation, rain, wind, sand, floods, fires, mud slides, freezing temperatures, excessive moisture or extended exposure to humidity, lightning, power surges, structural failures surrounding the appliance, and acts of God.
- Content losses of food or other content due to spoilage.
- Shipping and handling costs associated with the replacement of the unit.
- Incidental or consequential damages
- Parts and labor costs for the following will not be considered as warranty:
- Inner door panels, door shelves, door rails, and/or door supports.
- Light bulbs and/or plastic housing.
- Plastic cabinet liners.
- Punctured evaporator that voids the warranty on the complete sealed system.
- Repairs performed by unauthorized servicers.
- Service calls that are related to external problems, such as abuse, misuse, inadequate electrical power, accidents, fire, floods, or any other acts of God.
- Failure of the product if it is used for other than it intended purpose.
- The warranty does not apply outside the Continental USA.
- Surcharges including but not limited to, any after hour, weekend, or holiday service calls, tolls, ferry trip charges, or mileage expense for service calls to remote areas.
In no event shall Avanti Products have any liability or responsibility whatsoever for damage to surrounding property, including cabinetry, floors, ceilings, and other structures and/or objects around the product. Also excluded from this warranty are scratches, nicks, minor dents, and other cosmetic damages on external surfaces and exposed parts; Products on which the serial numbers have been altered, defaced or removed; service visits for customer education, or visits where there is nothing wrong with the product; correction of installation problems (you are solely responsible for any structure and setting for the product, including all electrical, plumbing and/or other connecting facilities, for proper foundation/flooring, and for any alterations including without limitation cabinetry, walls, floors, shelving etc., as well as the resetting of breakers or fuses.
OUT OF WARRANTY PRODUCT Avanti Products is under no obligation, at law or otherwise, to provide you with any concessions, including repairs, pro-rates, or product replacement, once this warranty has expired.
WARRANTY REFRIGERATION NON COMPRESSOR
Thank you for purchasing this fine Avanti product. Please fill out this form and return it to the following address within 100 days from the date of purchase and receive these important benefits:
Avanti Products, LLC.
P.O. Box 520604 – Miami, Florida 33152
Protect your product:
We will keep the model number and date of purchase of your new Avanti product on file to help you refer to this information in the event of an insurance claim such as fire or theft.
Promote better products:
We value your input. Your responses will help us develop products designed to best meet your future needs.
PDR75L34G-IS 06282021 PRINTED IN CHINA