blinds 2go Aria Pearl Grey Privacy Sheer User Manual
These handy video guides will walk you through measuring for recess fitting (fitting the blind inside the window recess) and exact fitting (fitting the blind onto the wall above the recess). For a step-by-step written guide and for advice if your windows are a little more unusual (e.g. bay windows, or recesses that are partly tiled), keep scrolling down.
Measure the full width and height of the recess [the size of the hole if you like] and we will make the appropriate deductions to ensure a perfect fit.
- Measure in 3 places for both the width and the drop, use the smallest measurement
- Don’t make any deductions, we’ll deduct 10mm from the width and 15mm from the drop to ensure your blind fits perfectly
- Use a metal tape measure, cloth ones can stretch and give you inaccurate measurements
Check that your recess is deep enough to fit the blind into, also bearing in mind any obstructions such as handles.
Depth Needed for Lumina Privacy Sheers 125mm
Measure the full width and height of the recess [the size of the hole if you like] and add a little extra to the top and to each side, we will make the blind to the size you specify with no deductions.
- To minimize light leakage we recommend that the blind overlaps the window recess by at least 70mm at the top and 50mm each side
- The overlap at the bottom of the blind is a matter of personal choice but please take into account obstacles such as radiators
If you are replacing an existing blind with one of the same size, simply measure the blind (including its fittings) and specify exact fitting, we will make you one the same size.
If you have tiles part-way up your recess (often the case in kitchens and bathrooms) then the space between them is most likely to be the narrowest point in the recess.
Measure between the tiles to ensure your blind will fit.
Do the same if you have a picture rail, skirting board or other items on the inside of the recess.
Bay windows, half-bays & L-shaped windows
We recommend for these windows that you fit the Privacy Sheers onto the wall outside the bay covering the whole space in one run. Refer back to our `exact fitting’ advice at the top of this page.
Download Manual PDF
blinds 2go Aria Pearl Grey Privacy Sheer User Manual PDF Download