BOMANN BQ 1240 N CB Barbecue-Tischgrill Indoor-Outdoor
BBQ-Grill User Manual
Overview of the Components
Thank you for choosing our product. We hope you will enjoy using the appliance.
Symbols in these Instructions for
Use Important information for your safety is specially marked. It is essential to comply with these instructions in order to avoid accidents and prevent damage to the machine:
⚠ WARNING: This warns you of dangers to your health and indicates possible injury risks.
⚠ CAUTION: This refers to possible hazards to the machine or other objects.
ℹ NOTE: This highlights tips and information.
Read the operating instructions carefully before putting the appliance into operation and keep the instructions including the warranty, the receipt and, if possible, the box with the internal packing. If you give this appliance to other people, please also pass on the operating instructions.
- The appliance is designed exclusively for private use and for the envisaged purpose. This appliance is not fit for commercial use.
- Do not use it outdoors. Keep it away from sources of heat, direct sunlight, humidity (never dip it into any liquid) and sharp edges. Do not use the appliance with wet hands. If the appliance is humid or wet, unplug it immediately.
- When cleaning or putting it away, switch off the appliance and always pull out the plug from the socket (pull the plug itself, not the lead) if the appliance is not being used and remove the attached accessories.
- Do not operate the machine without supervision. If you leave the room you should always turn the appliance off. Remove the plug from the socket.
- The appliance and the mains lead have to be checked regularly for signs of damage. If damage is found the appliance must not be used.
- Use only original spare parts.
- For the safety of your children, keep any packing parts (plastic bags, cartilage, Styrofoam etc.) out of their reach.
⚠ WARNING: Do not allow small children to play with the foil as there is a danger of suffocation!
Special Safety Precautions for this Appliance
You will find the following symbol with warning character on the appliance:
WARNING: Hot surface! Danger of burns!
During operation and afterwards, the temperature of the accessible surfaces will be very high.
- Do not move the appliance when it is working.
- Please ensure that the mains lead does not come into contact with the hot sections of the appliance.
⚠ WARNING: Risk of overheating!
- The grill pan must be filled with water while the heating element is in operation.
- Refill water up to the MAX mark as required.
⚠ WARNING: Risk of overheating!
- Place your grill items directly on the grid!
- To avoid overheating, do not cover the appliance with either hard or flexible materials such as aluminium trays, aluminium paper, or other heat resistant materials. The use of such objects or materials on the grill would reduce the safety of the appliance and could lead to severe damage to the appliance.
- The appliance is not suitable for operation outdoors!
- Keep sufficient safe distance (30 cm) to inflammable objects such as furniture, curtains, etc. There must be at least a 15 cm gap to the wall.
- Do not use charcoal or similar combustibles with this appliance.
CAUTION: This appliance is not designed to be immersed in water when cleaning. Various surfaces come into contact with food and oil. Follow the instructions given in the chapter on “Cleaning”.
- Do not operate the appliance with an external timer or separate remote control system.
- Place the appliance on a flat and heat-resistant surface. In the case of sensitive surfaces please place a heat-resistant board under the pan.
- Fill the grill pan with water to a maximum of 1.8 litre. Do not fill beyond the “MAX” mark.
- Allow the appliance to completely cool down before putting away.
- Do not try to repair the appliance on your own. Always contact an authorized technician. If the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer, its service agent or similarly qualified persons in order to avoid a hazard.
- This appliance can be used by children aged from 8 years and above and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved.
- Children shall not play with the appliance.
- Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children unless they are older 8 years and supervised.
- Keep the appliance and its cord out of reach of children less than 8 years.
Overview of the Components / Delivery Scope
- Grill pan
- Grill grid
- Heating element with control unit
- Control lamp
Unpacking the Appliance
- Unpack the appliance.
- Remove all packaging materials such as foils, filling material, cable ties and cardboard packaging.
- Check the scope of delivery.
- If the contents of the packaging are incomplete or display obvious damage, do not operate the appliance. Return promptly to the dealer.
NOTE: There may still be dust or production remains on the appliance. We recommend that you clean the appliance as described under “Cleaning”.
Please refer to the illustrations.
- Place the grill pan into the housing.
- Pour 1.8 litre of cold water into the grill pan up to the “MAX” mark. A “MAX” mark can be found on the back section of the grill pan.
CAUTION: · Always grill with water to avoid overheating. · Do not fill with water above the “MAX” mark in order not the damage the heating element.
3. Fit the heating element with the control unit into the housing. Press gently until it audibly clicks into place.
NOTE: The control unit is equipped with a safety switch. It prevents operation of the heating element outside the housing. Check that the control unit is properly fitted in the housing.
- Be sure the voltage of the appliance (rating plate) is in accordance with the mains voltage.
- Connect the mains plug to a properly installed shockproof socket only.
Connected Load The appliance is intended for a maximum power intake of 2000 W. This connected load recommends a separate input lead secured with a 16 amp protected switch.
- When using extension cords, these should have a cable cross-section of at least 1.5 mm².
- Do not use gang plugs, because the appliance is too powerful.
Prior First-Time Operation
Operate the appliance without barbecue for 15 minutes whilst grill pan is filled with water. To do so, turn the appliance on with the switch ( ).
NOTE: The protective foil on the heating element will be removed. Slight formation of smoke is thereby normal. Ensure sufficient ventilation.
Your appliance is now ready for use.
Operating the Appliance
CAUTION: The appliance must always rest on a horizontal, stable, and heat resistant surface during use.
NOTE: The height of the grill grid can be varied. Please see illustrations A and B.
- Pour 1.8 litre of cold water into the grill pan up to the “MAX” mark.
- Turn the appliance on with the switch. Preheat the operable appliance for about 5 minutes prior use.
- Place your grill items directly on the grid. Turn the barbecue from time to time.
- Check the water level!
After grilling for a long period, the water must be replenished.
- First disconnect from the mains and then fill with water up to the “MAX” mark.
- Do not pour cold water over the hot heating element. It might get damaged.
End of Operation
Turn the appliance off by the switch ( ) and remove the mains plug.
The control unit is equipped with a safety switch. It prevents operation of the heating element outside the housing. Should it not be possible to switch on the heating element, please check the mains connection and that the control unit is correctly positioned in the housing.
- Always unplug the appliance and allow the appliance to cool down before cleaning.
- Do not under any circumstances immerse the heating element with the control unit into water for cleaning. Danger of electric shock or fire.
- Do not use a wire brush or other scratching objects.
- Do not use acrid or abrasive cleaning agents.
- Remove the grill grid and the heating element. Pour out the water from the grill pan.
- Clean the grill grid, grill pan and housing by hand in a bowl of hot water. Use a nylon brush to remove heavy stains.
- Wipe the heating element with a damp cloth.
- Attach all parts again.
Model:……………………………………………………….BQ 1240 N CB
Power supply:………………………………………………230 V~, 50 Hz
Power consumption: …………………………………………….. 2000 W
Protection class:…………………………………………………………….. I
Net weight: ………………………………………………. approx. 2.38 kg
The right to make technical and design modifications in the course of continuous product development remains reserved.
This appliance has been tested according to all relevant current CE guidelines, such as electromagnetic compatibility and low voltage directives, and has been constructed in accordance with the latest regulations.
Meaning of the “Wheelie Bin” Symbol
Take care of our environment; do not dispose of electrical appliances via the household waste.
Dispose of obsolete or defective electrical appliances via municipal collection points.
Please help to avoid potential environmental and health impacts through improper waste disposal.
You contribute to recycling and other forms of utilization of old electric and electronic appliances.
Your municipality provides you with information about collecting points
BQ 1240 N CB
24 months warranty according to warranty declaration.
Date of purchase
C. Bomann GmbH