COSORI Electric CO108-Nk Gooseneck
Kettle User Manual
- 1 x Original Electric Gooseneck Kettle
- 1 x Power Base
- 1 x User Manual
READ AND SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
Always follow basic safety precautions when using your kettle.
Read all instructions.
- Do not touch hot surfaces. Use handle. Do not touch the heated parts of the base or the metal walls of the kettle during or immediately after operation.
- Do not fill the kettle above the “MAX” line. This may cause water to boil over and may cause scalding.
- To avoid scalding, always handle with care when there is hot water inside the kettle.
- Do not immerse the kettle, base, cord, or plug in water or other liquids.
- Closely supervise children near the kettle. Do not allow children to use or play with this kettle.
- Unplug the kettle when it is not being used and before cleaning.
- Allow to cool before putting on or taking off parts, and before cleaning.
- Do not use the kettle if it is malfunctioning, or if any part, including the base, cord, or plug, is damaged in any way. Do not try to repair the kettle. Contact Customer Support (see page 14)
- Using accessory attachments not recommended by the manufacturer may result in fire, electric shock, or injury.
- Do not use outdoors.
- Place the kettle on a dry, flat, stable surface.
- Do not place the kettle (including the base) on or near heat sources such as stovetops, ovens, radiators, etc.
- To avoid scalding, always make sure the lid is securely closed while the kettle is operating. Do not cover the spout opening while the kettle is in use. Do not cover the openings on the lid.
- To disconnect, press (“ON I OFF”) to turn the kettle off, then remove the plug from the wan outlet.
- Only use the kettle as directed in this manual.
- Household use only.
PLUG & CORD
- Do not let the cord (or any extension cord) hang over the edge of a table or counter. Do not allow the cord to touch hot surfaces.
- This kettle has a 3-prong grounding plug. Always plug in to a grounded electrical outlet Do not modify the plug in any way.
- This kettle uses a short power supply cord to reduce the risk of entangling or tripping. Use extension cords with care.
- Any extension cord must also be a grounding-type 3-wire cord.
- The marked electrical rating of an extension cord should be at least as high as the rating of the kettle (see page 3)
Note: If the electrical circuit is overloaded with other appliances, your kettle may not operate properly Operate it on a separate electrical circuit.
GETTING TO KNOW YOUR KETTLE
Gooseneck Kettle Diagram
- Steam Vents
- Heating Plate
- Power Base
- Control Panel
- Tums the kettle on/off.
- Sets the kettle to 170°F I 77°C, the ideal temperature for white tea.
- Sets the kettle to 180°F I 82°C, the ideal temperature for green tea.
- Sets the kettle to 195°F / 91°C, the ideal temperature for oolong tea.
- Sets the kettle to 205°F I 96°C, the ideal temperature for coffee.
212°F BOIL BLACK
- Sets the kettle to 212°F / 100°C to boil water. This is the ideal temperature for black tea.
- Starts or cancels Hold Temperature Mode to maintain desired temperature (see page 9)
- Press and hold for 8 seconds to tum kettle sounds on/off (see page page 10).
BEFORE FIRST USE
Perform the Water Test before using your kettle to make sure it’s working properly. Do not drink the water that is boiled during this test.
- Remove au packaging from your kettle and its accessories.
- Completely unravel the power cable and place the power base on a flat, level, stable surface.
- Fill the kettle with water to the “MAX” line [Figure 1.01, then put the lid on the kettle. Press firmly to make sure the lid fits securely.
- Press (9 (“ON / OFF”) Then, press 212°F (“BOIL BLACK”)
- The kettle will automatically tum off once it has finished boiling the water. Allow it to cool, then pour out the water. Rinse thoroughly 2-3 times with cold water.
USING YOUR KETTLE
- Use filtered water for perfect pour-over brewing.
- If you start the kettle without water in it, the kettle will tum off and controls will be disabled. See Boil-Dry Protection (page 11)
- Add at least ½ cup / 118 mL of filtered water to the kettle. Do not fill above the “MAX” line. Wipe any water from the outside of the kettle and the base.
- Put the lid on the kettle and make sure it fits securely. Place the kettle on the power base.
- Plug in the cord. The button lights will blink, and the base will beep once.
- Press (“ON/ OFF”). The button will light up.
Note: The kettle will tum off after 1 minute of inactivity.
- Press a preset temperature button. The button will light up, and the kettle will start heating up the water.
• You can only select 1 preset at a time.
• If you take the kettle off the base while heating, all buttons will tum off, and the kettle will pause heating. If you put the kettle back within 60 seconds, it will resume heating. After 60 seconds, the kettle will tum off.
- Optionally, press (“HOLD TEMP”) any time before the kettle is finished heating. This will tum on Hold Temperature Mode, which will automatically keep the kettle at the same temperature for 60 minutes after heating is finished. The button will stay lit during that time.
Note: If you take the kettle off the base during Hold Temperature Mode, the (“HOLD TEMP”) button will blink. After 60 seconds, the kettle will tum off.
- When the water is at the preset temperature, the kettle will beep 3 times and stop heating.
Making Pour-Over Coffee
You’ll need a pour-over coffee maker, such as Cosori’s Original 8-Cup Pour-Over Coffee Maker.
- Place the coffee maker filter into the decanter.
- Add ground coffee to the filter according to your preference.
- Heat water using the gooseneck kettle.
- Use the gooseneck kettle to gently pour water over the coffee grounds using a slow spiral motion. Pour just enough water to saturate the grounds.
• This spiral motion is to create “turbulence” in the coffee grounds, allowing the particles in the coffee to separate and release flavor.
• The water will cause the grounds to puff up, which is called “blooming”. Some roasts will bloom more than others.
- Wait 30 – 45 seconds.
- Use the gooseneck kettle to pour water over the coffee grounds again using a slow spiral motion. If water reaches the top of the filter, stop and let it settle to the halfway point, then begin pouring again until you have the desired amount of coffee.
- When finished, remove the filter and enjoy!
High Altitude Users
At higher elevations, water boils at a lower temperature. You may need to use a different preset.
The kettle will alert you by beeping 3 times when the water reaches the preset temperature. The kettle will also beep once when plugged in. To turn kettle sounds off, press and hold (“HOLD TEMP”) for 8 seconds.
Adjusting Lid Tightness
If you feel the kettle lid fits too loosely or is too hard to take off, you can adjust the tightness of the lid.
- Take off the lid.
- Use a tool to adjust the 3 tabs on the kettle lid. [Figure 2.1-22]
a. If you push the tabs in, the lid will fit more loosely, and will be easier to put on and take off.
b. If you pull the tabs out, the lid will fit more tightly, and will not come off as easily.
- After adjusting the tabs, put the lid back on and take it off again to see if the fit is correct. If not, adjust the tabs again until the lid fits the way you prefer.
CARE AND MAINTENANCE
- Unplug the kettle and allow it to cool before cleaning.
- Wipe the kettle and base with a soft, damp cloth. Make sure that the electric socket on the underside of the kettle is kept dry.
- Dry all parts after every use.
Note: Never immerse kettle or power base in water.
Descaling the Kettle
You should descale the kettle at least once a week if you use it frequently. Descaling removes any mineral deposits that have built up inside the kettle. Always descale the kettle before and after storing for long periods of time.
- Unplug the kettle and pour out all water. Make sure the kettle is cool.
- Squeeze half a lemon into the kettle, or add ½ US cup / 118 mL of distilled vinegar into the kettle.
- If the kettle has thick scale buildup, scrub the kettle’s inner walls with a non-scratch scrub sponge.
Note: Do not use steel wool, as this can scratch the kettle.
- Add 2 US cups/ 473 mL of water. Boil the mixture.
- Pour out the mixture, then wipe off any remaining scale with a non-abrasive cloth, sponge, or cleaning brush.
- Repeat as needed.
Note: For quick descaling, add 3 US tbsp I 44 mL of baking soda to ½ US cup I 118 mL of vinegar into the kettle. Swirl the mixture around until it coats the walls of the kettle, wipe with a non-scratch sponge, and pour the mixture out. This method will only work for a thin layer of scale.
Terms & Policy
Arovast Corporation (” Arovast”) warrants this product to the original purchaser to be free from defects in material and workmanship, under normal use and conditions, for a period of 2 years from the date of original purchase.
Arovast agrees, at our option during the warranty period, to repair any defect in material or workmanship or furnish an equal product in exchange without charge, subject to verification of the defect or malfunction and proof of the date of purchase.
There is no other express warranty. This warranty does not apply:
- If the product has been modified from its original condition;
- If the product has not been used in accordance with directions and instructions in the user manual;
- To damages or defects caused by accident, abuse, misuse or improper or inadequate maintenance;
- To damages or defects caused by service or repair of the product performed by an unauthorized service provider or by anyone other than Arovast;
- To damages or defects occurring during commercial use, rental use, or any use for which the product is not intended·
- To damages or defects exceeding the cost of the product.
Arovast will not be liable for indirect, incidental, or consequential damages in connection with the use of the product covered by this warranty.
This warranty extends only to the original consumer purchaser of the product and is not transferable to any subsequent owner of the product regardless of whether the product is transferred during the specified term of the warranty.
This warranty does not extend to products purchased from unauthorized sellers. Arovast’s warranty extends only to products purchased from authorized sellers that are subject to Arovast’s quality controls and have agreed to follow its quality controls.
All implied warranties are limited to the period of this limited warranty.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
If you discover that your product is defective within the specified warranty period, please contact Customer Support via [email protected]. DO NOT dispose of your product before contacting us. Once our Customer Support Team has approved your request, please return the product with a copy of the invoice and order ID.
Every Cosori product automatically includes a 2-year warranty. To make the customer support process quick and easy, register your product online at www.cosori.com/warranty.
This warranty is made by:
1202 N. Miller St., Suite A
Anaheim, CA 92806
If you have any questions or concerns about your new product, please contact our helpful Customer Support Team.
1202 N. Miller St, Suite A
Anaheim, CA 92806
9:00 am- 5:00 pm PST/PDT
Email: [email protected]
Toll-Free: (888) 402 -1684
*Please have your order invoice and order ID ready before contacting Customer Support.
SHOW US WHAT YOU’RE MAKING
We hope this has been helpful to you. We can’t wait to see your beautiful results, and we think you’ll want to share glam shots Others already in the community are awaiting your uploads – just pick your platform of choice below. Snap, tag, and hashtag away, Cosori chef
Considering what to cook? Many recipe ideas are available, both from us and the Cosori community.
Questions or Concerns?
Mon-Fri, 9:00 am-5:00 pm PST/PDT
[email protected] | (888) 402-1684
COSORI Electric CO108-Nk Gooseneck
Kettle User Manual PDF Download