Panasonic ES2207 Electric Shaver
for Women User Manual
Before operating this unit, please read these instructions completely.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
When using an electrical appliance, basic precautions should always be followed, including the following: Read all instructions before using this appliance.
- Do not reach for the appliance if it has fallen into water.
- Do not place or store the charging stand where it can fall into a tub or sink. Do not place or drop it into water or other liquid.
- Before charging the shaver, wipe off any moisture from the shaver and charging stand. Always handle with dry hands.
- Always charge the shaver in a cool, dry place.
- Except when charging, always unplug the charging stand from the electrical outlet.
- Unplug this appliance before cleaning.
- Changer unit is not for immersion or for use in shower.
- Do not use an extension cord with this appliance.
To reduce the risk of burns, fire, electric shock, or injury to persons:
- Do not use this shaver with damaged shaving blades and/ or foil.
- Close supervision is necessary when this shaver is used by, on or near children or invalids.
- Use this appliance only for its intended use as described in this manual. Do not use attachments not recommended by the manufacturer.
- Never operate the charging stand if it has a damaged cord or plug, if it is not working properly, if it has been dropped or damaged or dropped into water. Return the appliance to a service center for examination and repair.
- Never drop or insert any object into any opening.
- Do not use outdoors or operate where aerosol (spray) products are being used or where oxygen is being administered.
- Always attach plug to appliance first, then to outlet. To disconnect, turn all controls to “off” then remove plug from outlet.
- Plug charger directly into receptacle – do not use an extension cord.
- Unplug charger before plugging or unplugging appliance.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
- Do not charge the shaver where the temperature is below 0 °C (32 °F) or above 40 °C (104 °F), where it will be exposed to direct sunlight or a heat source, or where there is a lot of moisture.
- When charging or using the shaver in low temperature, the operating time may be reduced. The recommended charging temperature is 15-35 °C (59-95 °F) and the recommended using temperature is 5-35 °C(41-95 °F).
- Use only the included shaver charging stand RE7-43 to charge the ES2207 shaver.
- Dry the shaver completely before setting it in the charging stand.
- Keep the charging stand away from water and handle it only with dry hands. Do not use an extension cord to connect the charging stand to an outlet.
- The shaver may not immediately begin to charge after being placed into the charging stand after use.
- Allow the shaver to sit in the charging stand for a few minutes and check again to make sure that it is being charged.
- Store the charging stand in a dry area where it will be protected from damage.
- The outer foil is very thin. If handled improperly, it can be easily damaged.
- To avoid personal injury, do not use the shaver if it has a damaged foil or inner blade.
- Wash the shaver in tap water. Do not use salt water or boiled water.
- Also, do not use cleaning products that are designed for toilets, bathrooms or kitchen appliances. Do not submerge the shaver for a long time.
- Do not wipe any part of the shaver with thinner, benzine or alcohol. Clean it by using a cloth dampened with soapy water.
- Do not take the housing apart as this can affect the watertight construction.
- This charging stand is intended to be correctly oriented in a vertical or floor mount position.
▶ Before use
This Ladies’ WET/DRY shaver can be used for wet shaving with shaving lather or for dry shaving. You can use this watertight shaver in the shower and clean it in water. The following is the symbol of Wet shaver. The symbol means that hand-held part may be used in a bath or shower.
Our research has shown that you can enjoy closer and smoother shaves with the three floating heads and sharp blades. And our pop-up trimmer will be able to cut longer hairs with ease. Treat yourself to wet lather shaves for at least three weeks and notice the difference. Cleaning is so simple. Just rinse out the shaving head under the tap or shower. No mess, no fuss! Charge the shaver for at least 12 hours before using it for the first time or when it has not been in use for more than six months.
- Protective cap
- Outer foil
- Pop-up trimmer switch
- Outer foil frame
- Outer foil frame release button
- Inner blade
- On/Off switch
- Charging indicator lamp
- Charging stand
Charge the shaver fully for 12 hours before using it for the first time, when it seems to be losing speed, or when it has not been used for an extended period. If not used regularly, the shaver should be recharged every six months to preserve battery life.
Charging once a week is recommended.
A full charge will supply enough power for about 7 shaves (three minutes per shave).
Turn the shaver off and set it firmly into the charging stand. Keep the stand level. Plug into an AC outlet.
The charge indicator lamp will glow and it will stay on until the charging stand is removed from the AC outlet.
Using your shaver
Remove the protective cap and apply shaving lather generously. For the best results, move the shaver in back and forth directions, while keeping the shaver head at a right angle (90°) to your skin so that the two trimmers and outer foil work together at the same time. Slide the pop-up trimmer switch up when using the pop-up trimmer to cut long hairs.
Hold your arm up enough to stretch your skin and shave back and forth.
Be sure to move the shaver from ankle to knee.
Be sure to move the shaver from outside to inside.
It is recommended to use the pop-up trimmer for proper shave.
For cleanliness and convenience, we recommend that you clean your shaver with water and a liquid hand soap. Regular cleaning will keep your shaver in good condition while preventing odors or bacteria from developing, and maintain the cutting performance.
With the outer foil in place, apply some hand soap onto the outer foil.
Turn the shaver on and turn off after few seconds. Next, press the outer foil frame release buttons to remove the outer foil frame and rinse the inner blade/outer foil under running water or in a basin.
DO NOT USE BOILING WATER. Next, close the outer foil frame and dry it gently. After the shaving head is dry, place the protective cap.
Replacing shaving head components
It is recommended that you replace the outer foil at least once every year and the inner blade at least once every two years to maintain your shaver’s cutting performance.
▶Replacing the outer foil
Press the outer foil frame release buttons to remove the outer foil frame. Then, squeeze the front and the back side of the outer foil frame and lift up one of the two knobs on the outer foil.
▶Inserting the new outer foil
Slip the foil into the frame and guide the plastic edges onto the hooks in the outer foil frame until it clicks into the shaver.
▶Replacing the inner blade
Squeeze the outer foil frame release buttons and lift the outer foil frame upward to remove it. Remove the inner blade by grasping it firmly at both ends and pulling straight away from the shaver. To insert the new inner blade, hold the blade at both ends and press downward until it snaps into the shaver.
How to remove the built-in rechargeable battery before disposal of shaver components
A nickel metal hydride battery that is recyclable powers the product you have purchased.
Please call 1-800-8-BATTERY for information on how to recycle this battery.
The battery in this shaver is not intended to be replaced by consumers. However, the battery may be replaced at an authorized service center. The procedure described below is intended only for removal of the rechargeable battery for the purpose of proper disposal.
Do not attempt to replace the battery for the purpose of reusing the shaver. This could result in the risk of fire or electric shock.
- Remove four screws (a).
- Remove two screws (b).
- Using a flat screwdriver (c), and insert into the space (d) to remove the panel (e).
- Using a flat screwdriver (f), and insert into the space (g) to remove the panel (h).
- Pull the housing (i) out of the end cap (j).
- Remove two screws (k) inside of the end cap and pull the battery.
- Using a flat screwdriver (l), and insert into the space (m) to remove the battery.
These laws of various states and municipalities restrict disposal of rechargeable batteries (and products from which such batteries have not been removed) in ordinary household waste. Please comply with your local laws. If you are not certain as to proper disposal, please contact your local sanitation department.
Power source: 120 V, 60 Hz
Motor voltage: 1.2 V DC
Charging time: 12 hours
This product is intended for household use only.
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USE.
FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE, WE HAVE ESTABLISHED A TOLL-FREE (IN USA ONLY) NATIONAL ACCESSORY PURCHASE HOT LINE AT 1-800-338-0552.
Service · Assistance · Accessories
IN USA CONTACT:
Panasonic Consumer Electronics Company One Panasonic Way 1H-1 Secaucus, NJ 07 No.1 EN ES (U.S.A.)
Printed in China
Panasonic ES2207 Electric Shaver
for Women User Manual PDF Download