Dragon Touch Y88X 10 USER MANUAL
Browse the web
Visit your favorite websites.
Check your e-mail
Keep in touch with friends and family.
Watch YouTube™ videos
Browse the world’s most popular video- sharing community.
Download your favorite Apps
Discover thousands of apps for Android games, applications, and more with Play Store (Customers need to download it from Google Play Store).
Connect to the Internet wirelessly
With high-speed Wifi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4GHz/5GHz) networking, you can enjoy your media library anytime and anywhere.
Portable powerhouse (5000mAh battery) makes you feel free to listen popular music, watch videos, and search photos.
Enjoy your media library anywhere
Portable powerhouse plays popular music, video, and photo formats.
MicroSD memory card reader
Increase your storage capacity (up to 128GB supported)
Convenient front-facing camera 2.0MP/rear camera 8.0MP (support flash).
Automatic orientation detection
Read any way you want; the display adjusts automatically!
UNIT AT A GLANCE
- Front Camera
- Headphone: Audio output connection for headphones.
- VOL+/VOL –
- Power Button/Screen Saver
- Micro HDMI: Connect to a TV or other displays.
- USB Port: Connect to a USB device/Power port.
- MicroSD Card: Load external microSD cards here.
- Rear Camera
Turning on/off the tablet
To turn on the tablet:
Press and hold the Power button until the LCD screen turns on. Wait until the Home screen appears, the tablet is now ready for use.
To turn off the tablet:
- Press and hold the Power button until the Device Options menu appears.
- Tap “OK” to turn off the tablet.
Turning on/off the screen (Sleep mode)
When the tablet is on, you can turn off the screen to save battery power. Simply press the Power button once to turn the screen off. Press the Power button again to turn the screen back on.
To save battery power, the screen can be set to turn off automatically when the tablet is not in using(between 1 minute and 30 minutes).
This screen timeout option can be found in the Display menu.
Changing the language
Many users purchase Android tablets that come with the user interface in English, and they want to use their native language, like Spanish, French, Chinese, German and so on.
Tap “settings → system → language & input → languages → add a language“. A list is shown with all the available display languages that you can use on your Android device. Tap and hold the lines near the name of the language that you want to use, and drag it to the top of the list.
If you do not need a particular display language, you can delete it. Click the three dots in the top-right corner of the screen, near the text Language preferences. A menu is shown, with only one option: “Remove”. Tap on it.
- Back: Press to check previous operating display.
- Home Screen: Press to go to home screen.
- Background: Press to check applications running on background. Existing idle apps may provide a better performance.
- Application Panel: Press to check all available Applications.
Tap and hold your finger in any blank space of the home screen, you will see a pop-up menu; you can choose wallpaper from Gallery or your downloaded files or those listed as options; set the one you like to be wall paper.
Tap and hold your finger in any blank space of home screen, you will see a pop-up menu with widget.
- Tap one icon and move on to top of another icon, you can create a new folder on home screen. Open the folder; click ‘Unnamed Folder’ to rename the folder.
- Swipe down vertically from top part of a display to enter quick notification menu.
Set a screen lock to secure your tablet.
Tap → Setting → Security → Screen security → Select screen lock, and select a mode from None, Swipe, Pattern, PIN and Password. You can create a Backup PIN as a safety measure in case you forget your code
Unlocking the Screen
When the screen turns off, you will have to unlock the screen when you turn it back on. To unlock the screen, swipe up the lock icon.
Press and hold the power button until the Device Options menu appears, tap the icon “Screenshot”. The screenshot will be saved in the photos file.
To open an application, tap the application icon on the home screen or in the Launcher where you can tap the icon right up on the home screen to get in.
The screen shown above is for illustrative purposes only. We reserve the right to modify and improve the final list of applications available on the tablet.
Some applications have been installed on your tablet for your convenience. These applications include:
Browse the web.
Perform simple mathematical operations.
Take pictures or videos with the camera.
Check your e-mail.
Access the Settings menu to adjust the tablet’s options.
You can also download and install additional applications from the device’s applications marketplace, the web browser, or other sources.
The tablet must be set to allow installation of applications from non-market sources.
The unknown sources option can be set in the Application settings menu.
- Users are responsible for all charges from specific apps if it is necessary.
- Manufacturers/sellers are not responsible for apps that are incompatible with the device.
- In some cases, there may be no icon in the app Panel after an app is installed. Possible reasons may be that this app is not compatible with your OS or the downloaded file is a broken one so you may need to download a full version.
If you install and use an OS other than the one provided by the manufacturer, it may cause your device to malfunction, therefore, your device will no longer be covered by the warranty in this condition.
CONNECT TO A Wifi NETWORK
The Notification bar displays icons that indicate your tablet’s Wifi status.
Notification that an open Wifi network is in range.
Connected to a Wifi network (waves indicate connection strength).
[no icon] There are no Wifi networks in range, or the Wifi radio is off.
- Turn on the Wifi radio if it is not already on.
a. Go to the Home screen: Press the Home button.
b. Open the Settings menu: tap the icon right up on the home screen to get into the launcher, then tap Settings icon.
c. Open the Wireless & networks menu: Slide the icon to ON status.
When Wifi is on, the tablet will look for and display a list of available Wifi networks.
Note: If a network that you have connected to previously is found, the tablet will connect to it. If you don’t see your network in the list, you can force the tablet to re-scan. To scan for networks, tap the Menu button, and then touch Scan.
- Select an available Wifi network to connect:
In the same Wifi settings menu above, tap a network in the list.
If the network is open, the tablet will prompt you to confirm connection to the network. Tap “Connect” to confirm.
If the network is secured (as indicated by a Lock icon), the tablet will prompt you to enter a password or other credentials. Tap the Wireless password box to show the on-screen keyboard and then use it to enter the password. Tap “Connect” to confirm.
When you have successfully connected to a Wifi network, the Notifications bar at the upper right of the screen will show a Wifi signal indicator.
Note: To learn about how to add a Wifi network when it is not in range or when the router is set to obscure the network name (SSID), or to configure advanced Wifi options, please refer to the manual.
Before using your browser, make sure Wifi or internet is connected
You can use the browser to pre-install or download others you prefer. Tap the icon on top right corner of the browser page to open the sub-menu for more detailed setting.
Tap the browser icon to open your browser. You can access a website quickly by entering the URL on screen keypad. Websites are optimized for viewing on your actual devices.
- Tap on any web page to add a bookmark. You can then tap ”OK” to save or rename the website.
- Tap to view bookmarked sites, pages you saved and your browsing history.
- To delete a bookmark, go to bookmarks page, tap and hold the bookmark you want to delete. Tap “Delete bookmark”. At the Delete confirmation window, tap “OK”.
Cookies placed on your device by a website during navigation contain some site specific information. It can also contain some personal information (such as a username and password) which can pose a security risk if not properly managed. You can clear these cookies from your device at any time. Go to Home webpage, press “Settings → Privacy & Security → Clear all cookies data”.
CONNECT TO A BLUETOOTH DEVICE
Turn on Bluetooth
You must pair your device with another device before you can transfer files between them. Under “Settings”, tap “Connected devices → Connection preferences → Bluetooth → ON”, the Bluetooth indicator then appears in the status bar. It will start searching for available devices nearby. If you need re-scan, tap the menu on the top right corner, and tap “refresh”.
After scanning, there will be a list of all available Bluetooth devices in range. If the device you want to pair with isn’t in the list, ensure that the other device is turned on and set to be discoverable.
Pair with Bluetooth Device
Tap the name of an available Bluetooth device you want to pair with. On the target device you will get a “Bluetooth Pairing Request” dialog. Tap “Pair”, it will then show you paired devices.
You may reset your tablet when necessary, such as forgotten password or PIN of tablet.
You can reset your tablet. This will clear all information in your tablet and get your device back to factory mode.
If you perform a Hard Reset, all user applications, user data will be deleted. Please remember to backup any important data before per-forming a Hard Reset.
Connecting to a Computer
Connect the tablet to a computer to transfer files.
- Connect your tablet to the computer.
With the included USB cable: Plug the small end of the cable into the USB 2.0 high speed connector of the tablet. Plug the large end of the cable into an available USB 2.0 high speed port on the computer.
- When your tablet is connected, slide down the USB icon then touch icon USB connected.
- Mount the storage.
Tap button Transfer files (MTP) to mount the tablet’s built-in storage. When it is mounted, you can copy files to or from your tablet.
|Processor||MTK8163 Quad-core Cortex-A53 64 bit up to 1.3GHz|
|Storage||32GB flash built-in; MicroSD card slot (max128GB supported)|
|Display||10.1” 800*1280 IPS Capacitive Touchscreen|
|Wifi Networking||802.11a/b/g/n (2.4GHz/5GHz)|
|Audio Output||3.5mm headphone|
|PC Interface||USB 2.0 high speed|
|Additional Features||Built-in microphone and 2X1W speakers
Front camera 2MP and Rear camera 8MP
|Operating System||Android 9.0 Pie|
|Power||Rechargeable Li-poly battery with included USB Power Adapter(5V/2A)|
|Playback Time (hours)||Up to 8 hours music, 5 hours video, 5 hours web browsing|
- Device doesn’t power on.
• Reboot your device after charging it for 30 minutes.
• Shortly press your power button to check if it lights up in case your device is in sleep mode.
• Press the power button for 20 seconds.
• Start a hard reset by pressing the reset button with a pin if there is reset button on your actual device.
- Device doesn’t take charge.
• Keep your device into power for 30 minutes if it was completely drained.
• Check and make sure the charger is properly inserted into charging port.
• Try another outlet or compatible charger.
- Error message during operation.
• Uninstall the application with error message and download to install again. You can also update certain application with error.
• Delete and clear the system to factory mode with a system reset.
- Device can’t be detected by PC.
• Make sure your device is in ‘on’ status.
• Try with another USB cable.
• Connect your device to a different port on your PC.
- Device can’t be connected with Wifi.
• Make sure your turn Wifi to “ON” status.
• Unplug Wifi router, wait for 2 minutes and plug to connect again.
• Make sure you input correct password by selecting “show password” when you input it.
• Check and make sure there is no filtering setting or device connection limit in your router setting.
• Forget original Wifi connection, reset Wifi router, and connect again.
- Storage not enough.
• Delete applications you don’t use often to spare some space.
• Clean caches in your device regularly. “Setting-APPs-Click” the app and clear cache ordata.
• Install a third-party system cleaner.
• Factory reset your tablet to clear all data.
• Get an extended memory card to expend storage.
For any inquiries with DragonTouch products, please feel free to contact us, we will respond within 24 hours.
E-mail address: [email protected]
Tel: 888-811-1140 (US) Mon-Fri (except holiday) 9am-5pm (EST)
Official website: www.dragontouch.com
Google, Android, Google Play and other marks are trademarks of Google LLC.
Download Manual PDF
Dragon Touch Y88X 10 USER MANUAL PDF Download