Fontastic EM2GO EV-Charging
Station User Manual
Thank you for choosing the EM2GO electric vehicle charging station.
With this smart wallbox, you have chosen a high-precision charger equipped with many safety-related protection devices, as well as interfaces, which guarantees all-round carefree charging of your vehicle and limitless communication. Fontastic EM2GO EV-Charging Station
Please read these important safety instructions for charging your vehicle. Please keep this user manual. The charger has many safety functions. Read all safety information and warnings in this manual to become aware of possible dangers. Fontastic EM2GO EV-Charging Station
When using electrical products, these basic precautions must always be observed.
- Do not install or use the charger near explosive, corrosive or flammable materials, chemicals or vapors.
- The charger may only be installed on non-flammable surfaces such as concrete, and at least 120cm above the ground.
- The charger must be securely grounded Fontastic EM2GO EV-Charging Station
- Turn off the power to the charger before installing or servicing the charger.
- The charger is designed only for vehicles that are compatible with the IEC 62196 standard for charging modes.
- Do not use the charger if it is defective or has visible damage.
- Do not attempt to open, disassemble, repair, tamper with, or modify the unit. If you have any questions or need repairs, contact our customer service department.
- Do not use the charger when you are in the vehicle.
- Do not use the charger when exposed to heavy rain, snow or inclement weather.
- Always exercise caution when transporting the charger.
- Do not touch the charging connector with sharp metallic objects.
- Do not pull the charging cable with force or over sharp objects. Fontastic EM2GO EV-Charging Station
The device must be installed, adjusted and serviced by qualified electricians or people who are familiar with the construction and operation of this type of EV-Charger Failure to follow this precaution could result in death or serious injury. Fontastic EM2GO EV-Charging Station
- Incorrect installation and testing of the charger can possibly lead to damage. No liability will be accepted for any resulting damage.
- Ensure that the charging cable is correctly positioned during the charging process and cannot be stepped on, damaged or stressed.
- Check the wire diameter according to local electrical requirements.
- Turn off the appropriate power supply before beginning installation.
- The charger must be installed and commissioned by qualified personnel.
- Before installation, the supply cable and house connection values must be checked. Fontastic EM2GO EV-Charging Station
A | Ampere, unit of current
V | Volt, unit of voltage
EV | Electric vehicle
EVSE | Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment EV according to IEC61851-1
RFID | Radio Frequency Identification Card
OCPP | Open Charge Point Protocol, universal communication interface with a central system (backend) IP | Protection class RCMU | Residual Current Monitoring Unit MCB | Miniature Circuit Breaker Fontastic EM2GO EV-Charging Station
- Operating voltage: 400V AC ±10%, 50-60 Hz, 3-phase
- Operating current: 16A for 11 KW and 32 A for 22 KW
- Max. Output power Typically 11 or 22 kW · Housing: IP54, splash-proof
- Input terminals: L1, L2, L3, N, PE
- Connection: Type 2 plug (CT) | Type socket (ST)
- 3 charging modes Fontastic EM2GO EV-Charging Station
- Communication interfaces: Ethernet 10MBit/s (10BASE-T) (RJ45), WLAN 802.11b/g/n (2.4GHz), RS-485, OCPP 1.6-J, ModBus TCP
- Safety features: Emergency stop button, overvoltage protection, under voltage protection, overtemperature and overcurrent protection, lightning protection
- Display: Color LCD 4.3 inches, LED diodes
- Structure: CE standards IEC 61851-1: 2017 IEC 62196-2:2016, IEC 60364-7-722:2018.
- Construction: Front panel glass, back panel metal
- Connection length: 7.5 meters (CT)
- Operating temperature: -30 to + 55 °C
- Dimensions: 410 x 260 x 140 mm
- Weight: 12 Kg Fontastic EM2GO EV-Charging Station
Representation of Type2 plug / socket according to IEC 62196-2
According to §19 NAV of March 21, 2019, the operation of charging devices for electric vehicles must be reported to the responsible electricity provider before use (from 11 KW) and before installation (from 22 KW). This can also be done by the commissioned electrician. Please contact your electricity provider by phone or online for more information. Fontastic EM2GO EV-Charging Station
- EV charging station
- 2 x RFID card (offline mode)
- Wall mounting incl. screws and dowels
- Instruction manual Fontastic EM2GO EV-Charging Station
The EM2GO EV chargers provide a user-friendly operator interface with the appropriate communication interfaces.
A damaged EV charger must not be installed under any circumstances. In case of damage, please inform your dealer immediately. The installation and wiring must be carried out by a specialist company. Fontastic EM2GO EV-Charging Station
Danger of electric shock!
Make sure that the AC cable is not connected to the mains when connecting to the charging station! Fontastic EM2GO EV-Charging Station
Mounting the supply cables:
- Unscrew and remove the cover (1).
- Feed an input cable through interface (2) and remove the cover from the screw terminal.
- Connect the lugs of the input cable to the screw terminal of the charging station as follows and screw them tight (approx. 4Nm): L1 Brown | L2 Black | L3 Gray | N Blue | PE Green-yellow
- Attach the cover to the screw terminal, close the cover (1) and tighten the screws. Fontastic EM2GO EV-Charging Station
The charging station is equipped with an built-in AC & DC residual current monitoring unit (RCMU) and an miniature circuit breaker (MCB). Please ensure that your three phase cabling is equipped with the appropriate RCD type A (40A, rated residual current 30mA). Fontastic EM2GO EV-Charging Station
- Wall mount
- Screws for holder
- Place the wall bracket where you want to place the charging station. Drill 4 mounting holes with a diameter of 10 mm and a depth of 50 mm at the appropriate height (Fig.1).
- Insert and countersink the dowels into the drilled holes. Fontastic EM2GO EV-Charging Station
- Screw the wall mount to the wall with the screws.
- Place the charging station on the wall bracket with the rear side facing upwards (Fig.2).
- Fasten the left and right screws to secure the wallbox to the wall bracket (Fig.3).
No liability will be accepted for any damage caused by incorrect operation.
If you need technical support, please contact our support team via our website www.EM2GO.de.
- LCD display
- LED indicators
- Type 2 plug (*only CT)
- RFID reader
- Emergency stop
- Charging plug holder (CT) / *Type 2 connector (ST)
- Input terminal box
- Charging adapter interface (*only CT)
- Wall bracket
- RJ-45 interface (Ethernet, RS-485)
- Input cable interface
- Input connector (L1/L2/L3/N/PE) Fontastic EM2GO EV-Charging Station
The 4 LEDs indicate the status of the charger:
Charge the vehicle
Note: The vehicle to be charged must be parked, switched off and the parking brake engaged. Fontastic EM2GO EV-Charging Station
Switch on: After installing and checking the charging station, press the toggle lever of the circuit breaker in the input terminal box of the charging station upwards to establish the power supply. The power LED lights up and the charging station switches to standby mode.
- Remove the type 2 plug from the charging plug holder (CT) and connect it to the vehicle`s charging port. Please ensure that the vehicle is prepared and set for charging. If you have purchased the charging station as a socket variant (ST), first connect your Type 2 charging cable to the Type 2 socket of the charging station, and then to the charging port of your electric vehicle. Fontastic EM2GO EV-Charging Station
- The charging process starts when a pre-configured RFID card touches the designated area for RFID application. Also, the charging process can be stopped by touching the area with the RFID card. Fontastic EM2GO EV-Charging Station
- After charging is complete, remove the Type 2 plug from the vehicle`s charging port. Insert the type 2 plug into the charging plug holder (CT). If you have purchased the charging station as a socket variant (ST), put the protective cap back on the type 2 charging plug. If you cannot pull out the plug, press the unlock button of the vehicle or key.
- Emergency stop button Press this button to stop the charging process in case of an emergency immediately. Do not use the emergency stop to terminate a charging process regular, as this may damage sensitive charging electronics of the vehicle. Fontastic EM2GO EV-Charging Station
The charging station has the following interfaces for communication: Wi-Fi, Ethernet, RS-485. If the charging station is connected to an internet connection via the Wi-Fi or Ethernet interface, the charging station can be connected to a backend for the management of charging stations vie OCPP (Open Charge Point Protocol). Furthermore, it is possible to control the charging station via ModBus TCP. The charging station can be programmed, controlled and monitored via RS-485. Fontastic EM2GO EV-Charging Station
- Prepare a 2.4 GHz WiFi router and an Android or iOS smartphone. Make sure that the charging station and the smartphone are in the same WiFi range.
- Turn on the Wi-Fi router, make sure that the router can connect to the Internet. Fontastic EM2GO EV-Charging Station
- Turn on the smartphone`s WiFi, connect the smartphone to the router via WiFi, and make sure that the terminal can access the Internet via the router.
- Install the ,,esptouch” APP on your smartphone.
esptouch for iOS:
esptouch for Android:
Open the EspTouch app, select ,,EspTouch” (not ,,EspTouch V2″) from the list and grant the app the location authorization. Now enter the password for the currently connected WiFi network and press ,,Confirm” or ,,Start” to perform the WiFi configuration. Fontastic EM2GO EV-Charging Station
5. Press and rotate to reset the emergency stop button three times in succession until the four indicator lights illuminate in a cycle corresponding to the running lamp mode. At the same time, the LCD screen changes to the WiFi configuration page. Click the ,,CONFIRM” button of the APP on the smartphone (Fig.1).
6. When all the indicator lights flash once in a second, it indicates that the charging station`s Wi-Fi configuration is completed. At the same time, the LCD screen will display ,,Successful” and the name and password of the WiFi SSID (Fig.2). Fontastic EM2GO EV-Charging Station
Note: If the configuration fails, please set the ,,Multicast” option in the ,,EspTouch” app and repeat the process.
Note: The charging station supports only 2.4GHz wireless networks. Please make sure that your Wi-Fi network operates in the 2.4GHz band.
Note: The IP address of the charging station is negotiated via DHCP. Manual setting is not possible. Fontastic EM2GO EV-Charging Station
The charging station has an RJ-45 connector that can be used for Ethernet and RS-485. Note the pinout for the RJ-45 connector below. Open the cap of the RJ-45 connector and plug in a CAT5e cable or better. Fontastic EM2GO EV-Charging Station
The charging station is supplied with two RFID cards for offline mode with which charging processes can be started and stopped. RFID cards for online mode with an OCPP backend are optionally available and have an identification number printed on the card, which must be registered in the OCPP backend. RFID cards for online mode can be personalised by the unique identification number. Fontastic EM2GO EV-Charging Station
Programming of RFID cards (Offline mode) To program additional RFID cards for offline mode, proceed as follows.
- Switch on the charging station and disconnect the cable from the vehicle.
- Press the emergency stop button. Fontastic EM2GO EV-Charging Station
- Hold the new RFID card (offline mode) against the RFID reader for at least 10 seconds.
The new RFID card is now programmed for the EV charging station.
Change charging mode
By default, the charging process is controlled with RFID cards (see section Charging the vehicle). To start the charging process directly after inserting the type 2 plug, the charging mode of the charging station must be changed. Proceed as follows: 1. Switch on the charging station and disconnect the cable from the vehicle. 2. Hold the programmed RFID card against the RFID reader for at least 10 seconds. Switching the charging mode is signalled by the flashing or solid illumination of the Charging (orange) and Fault (red) LEDs. Fontastic EM2GO EV-Charging Station
Emergency stop button
Only press the emergency stop button during a charging process in an emergency. Charging will stop immediately.
Note: Do not press the emergency stop button to end a normal charging process.
Connect with an OCPP backend
The charging station supports OCPP (Open Charge Point Protocol) JSON 1.6 for communication between charging stations and a central management system (backend).
Before using OCPP, the endpoint URL must be programmed into the charging station. To do this, please send us the endpoint URL to be programmed, as well as the serial number of the charging station, which you will find in the display of the charging station, by email to [email protected].
The charging station can be externally programmed, controlled and monitored via RS-485 using AT commands. For the assignment, see the section RJ-45 connection. All commands are terminated with <CR> (carriage return). Fontastic EM2GO EV-Charging Station
Note: For the connection via RS-485, bias and terminating resistors may be required depending on the cable length. These are not necessary for short cable lengths. If there are high ground potential differences between the charging station and the RS-485 transmitter, it is recommended to use a ground cable.
Commands are sent in the format AT+<cmd><CR> or AT+<cmd>=<value><CR>. For each command received, the charging station sends a response. Fontastic EM2GO EV-Charging Station
According to §19 NAV of March 21, 2019, the operation of charging devices for electric vehicles must be reported to the responsible electricity provider before use (from 11 KW) and before installation (from 22 KW). This can also be done by the commissioned electrician. Please contact your electricity provider by phone or online for more information.
Warranty and maintenance
- The warranty period for this charger is two years.
- The warranty expires if:
- No proof of purchase can be provided.
- The warranty period specified by the manufacturer is exceeded.
- The instructions for use, maintenance and storage are not followed.
- Damage or malfunction is caused by the ingress of foreign objects.
- In case of repair, disassembly or modify cation by unauthorized persons.
- Damage caused by force majeure (such as lightning, overvoltage, earthquake, fire, flood, etc.).
- Damage and malfunctions caused by other avoidable external factors.
- Damage and malfunction caused by improper use of the equipment, such as the ingress of water or other liquids.
- Damage and malfunction caused by the mains power supply and a voltage not specified for use with the charger.
We hereby declare, that this device carries the CE mark in accordance with the regulations and standards. It conforms with the fundamental requirements of the RED Directive 2014/53/EU as well as the RoHS directive 2011/65/EU The full text of the EU declaration of conformity is available at the following internet address: www.d-parts.de/Konfo
Note on environmental protection:
After the implementation of the European Directive 2012/19/EU in the national legal system, the following applies: Electrical and electronic devices may not be disposed of with domestic waste. Consumers are obliged by law to return electrical and electronic devices at the end of their service lives to the public collecting points set up for this purpose or point of sale. Details of this are defined by the national law of the respective country. This symbol on the product, the instruction manual or the package indicates that a product is subject to these regulations. By recycling, reusing the materials or other forms of utilising old devices, you are making an important contribution to protecting our environment.
EM2GO ist eine eingetragene Marke der D-Parts GmbH
D-Parts GmbH Birkenweiher Str. 16 63505 Langenselbold, Germany / www.d-parts.de