Gourmia GAF575 Digital Air Fryer 5 Qt User Manual
Read this manual thoroughly before using and save it for future reference
© 2018 Gourmia
The Steelstone Group
All rights reserved. No portion of this manual may be reproduced by any means whatsoever without written permission from The Steelstone Group, except for the inclusion of quotations in a media review.
Although every precaution has been taken in the preparation of this manual, The Steelstone Group assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions. Nor is any liability assumed for damages resulting from the use of the information contained herein. Although every effort has been made to ensure that the information contained in this manual is complete and accurate, The Steelstone Group is not engaged in rendering professional advice or services to the individual consumer; further, The Steelstone Group shall not be held responsible for any loss or damage allegedly arising from any information or suggestion in this manual.
Welcome to the Exciting World of
Air Frying from Gourmia
Congratulations on your purchase of the Air Fryer from Gourmia, exclusively designed for healthier cooking!
If you are one the those people who enjoy the great crisp of fried food and that “crunchy” goodness; yet you stay away from those unhealthy foods – you’ve made the right choice.
With your new Gourmia Air Fryer, preparing fresh and healthy air fried foods is only moments away. We’re confident that you’ll find your new Gourmia Air Fryer easy and fun to use; with the end results being a great tasting and healthy treat.
The pages of this manual offer full and comprehensive instructions to guide you through the functions and features of the Gourmia Air Fryer. Inside this guide you will also find information on its modes of operation, complete step-by-step instructions for the operation, assembly, cleaning, and maintenance of your appliance.
Please read all safety instructions thoroughly to ensure safe usage at all times. Thank you for your purchase! We sincerely hope you will enjoy this as well as all the many innovative products brought to you by our family at Gourmia.
Before using the electrical appliance, the following basic precautions should always be followed:
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children younger then 8) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have supervision.
- Check if the voltage indicated on the appliance corresponds to the local main voltage before you connect the appliance.
- Do not use the appliance if the plug, the main cord or the appliance itself is damaged. Always make sure that the plug is inserted properly into a wall outlet.
- Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug or after the appliance malfunctions, or has been damaged in any manner. Return appliance to the nearest authorized service facility for examination, repair or adjustment.
- Close supervison is neccesary when any appliance is used by or near children. Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance. Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be done by children unless they are older than 8 and supervised.
- Do not let the cord hang over the edge of table or counter or touch hot surfaces.
- To protect against electric shock do not immerse cord, plugs, or appliance in water or other liquid. Do not plug in the appliance or operate the control panel with wet hands.
- Never connect this appliance to an external timer switch or separate remote-control system in order to avoid a hazardous situation. Always attach plug to appliance first, then plug
cord in the wall outlet. To disconnect, turn any control to “off”, then remove plug from wall outlet.
- Do not place the appliance on or near combustible materials such as a tablecloth or curtain. The accessible surfaces may become hot during use. Do not place on or near a hot gas or electric burner, or in a heated oven.
- Do not place the appliance against a wall or against other appliances. Leave at least 4 inches of free space on the back and sides and 4 inches of free space above the appliance. Do not place anything on top of the appliance.
- Do not use the appliance for any other purpose than described in this manual. The use of accessory attachments nor recommended by the appliance manufacturer may cause injuries.
- Do not let the appliance operate unattended. Extreme caution must be used when moving an appliance containing hot oil or other hot liquids.
- Do not use outdoors.
- Do not touch the hot surfaces, use handles and knobs only. During hot air frying, hot steam is released through the air outlet openings. Keep your hands and face at a safe distance from the steam and from the air outlet openings. Also be careful of hot steam and air when you remove the pan from the appliance.
- After using the appliance, the metal cover inside is very hot, avoid to contact the hot metal inside after cooking. Unplug from outlet when not in use and before cleaning. Allow to cool before putting on or taking off parts, and before cleaning the applinace.
- Immediately unplug the appliance if you see dark smoke coming out of the appliance. Wait for the smoke emission to stop, before you remove the pan from the appliance.
- For household use only
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
KNOW YOUR AIR FRYER
Before Using The Air Fryer For The First Time
- Remove all packaging material. Remove any stickers or labels from the appliance.
- Thoroughly clean the basket and pan with hot water, some dishwashing liquid and a non-abrasive sponge.
- Wipe the inside and outside of the appliance with a moist cloth.
Note: During the first few times of using your new GAF575 Air Fryer there might be a “hot plastic” smell. This is perfectly normal in new Air Fryers as the material is heated for first time. It will go away after the first few uses.
Using Your Air Fryer
This is an air fryer that works on hot air.
- Do not fill the pan with oil or frying fat.
- Do not fill the pan with oil or any other liquid.
- Do not put anything on top of the appliance.
Note: Do not place the appliance against a wall or against other appliances. It is important to leave at least 4 inches of free space on the back and sides, and 4 inches of free space above the appliance to allow for proper ventilation.
1. Place the appliance on a stable, horizontal, heat-resistant, and leveled surface.
2. Place the crisper in the pan. Put the ingredients in the basket.
(Do not overload) Slide the pan into the air fryer.
3. Plug the Air Fryer into an electrical wall outlet.
Add 3 minutes to the preparation time when you start frying while the air fryer is still cold.
8. Some recipes or ingredients call for shaking halfway through the preparation time (see ‘Settings Chart’ on page 12). To shake the ingredients, pull the pan out of the appliance by the handle and shake it. Then slide the pan back into the air fryer and continue to cook.
Note: After sliding the pan out of the appliance, the display unit will go into sleep mode, when you return the pan to the appliance, your time and temperature settings will automatically resume. There is no need to reset your setting or press start.
9. When you hear the timer bell ring five times, the time has
elapsed. Pull the pan out of the appliance and place it on a heat-resistant surface.
Note: After the timer rings five times the air blower will stop after twenty seconds.
10. Empty the basket into a bowl or onto a plate using a pair of tongs; the food, basket and crisper tray will be hot!
Note: To avoid scratching the nonstick surface do not use sharp or metal utensils. Please be careful not to pour the food from the basket as the crisper tray can fall out when tipped.
11. When a batch of ingredients is ready, the air fryer is instantly ready for preparing another batch. No preheat is neccesary.
|Tip: After hot air frying, the pan and the ingredients are hot – avoid touching. Depending on the type of the ingredients in the air fryer, steam may escape from the pan.|
AIR FRYING TIPS
- Smaller ingredients usually require a slightly shorter preparation time than larger ingredients.
- Shaking smaller ingredients halfway through the preparation time optimizes the end result and can help prevent unevenly fried ingredients.
- Add 1 Tablespoon of oil to fresh potatoes for a crispy result. Fry your ingredients in the air fryer within a few minutes after you add the oil.
- Do not prepare extremely greasy ingredients such as sausages in the air fryer.
- Snacks that can be prepared in a oven can also be prepared in the air fryer.
- The optimal amount for preparing crispy fries is about 17 oz.
- Use pre-made dough to prepare filled snacks quickly and easily. Pre-made dough also requires a shorter preparation time than home-made dough.
- Place a baking tin or oven dish in the air fryer basket if you want to bake a cake or quiche or if you want to fry fragile ingredients or filled ingredients.
Note: Because the rapid hot air technology instantly reheats the air inside the appliance, pulling the pan out of the appliance during use, for a short amount of time, will not effect the process.
|Tip: If you set the timer to half the preparation time, your timer will ring when you have to shake the ingredients. However, this means that you have to set the timer again to the remaining preparation time after shaking. (see ‘Settings Chart’ on page 12).
Tip: If you set the timer to full preparation time, there is no timer bell during cooking. Before finishing, you can pull out the pan at any time to check the ingredients cooking condition. The power will shut down automatically and, will only resume after you slide the pan back into the appliance (timer always counts down in this situation).
(The chart below are the basic settings for preparing your food.)
The settings below are only indications-as ingredients differ in origin, size, shape as well as brand, we cannot guarantee the best setting for your ingredients.
Air fryers perform similar to ovens. If your dish is not on the list, please refer to oven instructions on item packaging or recipe.
|• Do not turn the basket upside down with the pan still attached to it, as any excess oil that has collected on the bottom of the pan will leak onto the ingredients.
• Do not touch the crisper or basket after use. Depending on the type of the ingredients in the air fryer, steam may escape from the pan.
CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
- Remove the main plug from the wall outlet and let the appliance cool down.
Note: Remove the pan to let the air fryer cool down, quicker.
- Wipe the outside of the appliance with a moist cloth.
- Clean the pan and the basket with hot water, some dishwashing liquid and a non-abrasive sponge.
Tip: If dirt is stuck to the basket or the bottom of the pan, fill the pan with hot water and some dishwashing soap. Put the basket in the pan and let the pan and the basket soak for approximately 10 minutes.
- Clean the inside of the air fryer with hot water and a cleaning brush to remove any food residues.
Do not throw away the appliance with the normal household waste at the end of its life, but hand it in at an official collection point for recycling. By doing this, you help to preserve the environment.
Guarantee and service
FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE VISIT US @ GOURMIA.COM OR CALL 888.552.0033
|WARRANTY & SERVICE
This Limited Warranty is for one full year from the date of purchase. It is applicable to the original purchaser only and is not transferable to a third party user. Repair or replacement of defective parts is solely at the seller’s discretion. In the event that repair isn’t possible, the seller will replace the product/part. If product repair/ replacement won’t suffice, the seller has the option of refunding the cash value of the product or component returned.
Product defects not covered under the Warranty provisions include normal wear and damage incurred from use or accidental negligence, misuse of instruction specifications or repair by unauthorized parties. The manufacturing company is not liable for any incidental or consequential damages incurred by such circumstances.
Download Manual PDF
Gourmia GAF575 Digital Air Fryer 5 Qt User Manual PDF Download