Hkoenig 12-bottle wine cellar User Manual
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
Read these operating instructions carefully before using the device and keep them for future use.
- WARNING: When positioning the appliance, ensure the supply cord is not trapped or damaged.
- WARNING: Do not locate multiple portable socket- outlets or portable power supplies at the rear of the appliance.
- WARNING: Risk of child entrapment Hkoenig 12-bottle wine cellar.
- Before disposing of your used appliance: Remove its doors and leave the shelves in place so that a child cannot easily climb into the unit.
- Never allow children to use, play with or climb into the unit.
- Never clean the components of the unit with flammable liquids.
- Do not store or use gasoline or any other flammable liquids or gases near this or any other appliance. Vapors present a risk of fire or explosion.
- To clean your appliance, do not use abrasive cleaners or solvents
- Leave 10cm of free space between the back and sides of the unit to allow for ventilation of the cooling system.
- In order to store your wines at a stable temperature, avoid leaving the door open for too long.
- Do not install your appliance near a heat source and avoid direct sunlight.
- Install your appliance on a flat, clean and stable floor.
- Do not install any other electrical equipment on your appliance.
- To ensure your safety, do not place your appliance in damp places.
- Do not store perishable food in this appliance as the indoor temperature may not be cold enough for proper storage.
- This refrigerating appliance is not intended to be used as a built-in appliance.
- This refrigerating appliance is not suitable for freezing appliance.
- This appliance is intended for use in domestic and similar applications such as :
– kitchen areas in shops, offices and other working environments
– in hotels, motels and other residential environments
– guest rooms.
- This device is designed for use inside a house or It is essential that the temperature of the room in which it is used is not lower than 16° C or higher than 32°C for optimal use.
- Children aged from 3 to 8 years are allowed to load and unload refrigerating appliances.
- This appliance may be used by children of at least 8 years of age, as long as they are supervised and have been given instructions about using the appliance safely and are fully aware of the dangers involved.
- Cleaning and maintenance should not be carried out by children unless they are at least 8 years of age and are supervised by an adult.
- Keep the appliance and its power cord out of reach of children under 8 years of age.
- When using electrical equipment, safety precautions must always be taken to prevent the risk of fire, electric shock and/or injury in the event of misuse.
- Make sure that the voltage rating on the type plate corresponds to your main voltage of your installation. If this is not the case, contact the dealer and do not connect the unit.
- The device must not be used if it has been dropped, it obvious signs of damage are visible or if it has leaks.
- Please keep this document at hand and give it to the future owner in case of transfer of your device
- This appliance may be used by persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience or knowledge, provided that they are supervised or instructed in the safe use of the appliance and that they fully understand the potential hazards.
- Children shall not play with the appliance Hkoenig 12-bottle wine cellar.
- Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children without supervision.
- To avoid contamination of food, please respect the following instructions:
– Opening the door for long periods can cause a significant increase of the temperature in the compartments of the appliance
– Clean regularly surfaces that can come in contact with food and accessible drainage
– If the refrigerating appliance is left empty for long periods, switch off, defrost, clean, dry, and leave the door open to prevent mold developing within the appliance.
- Do not store explosive substances such as aerosol cans with a flammable propellant in this appliance.
- If the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer, its service agent or similarly qualified persons in order to avoid a hazard.
- The shelves is placed in factory mode that result in the most efficient use of energy for the refrigerating appliances.
- If food is stored for a long time, it is recommended to wrap it in plastic wrap and set the temperature lower Hkoenig 12-bottle wine cellar.
By purchasing this appliance, you own a device that combines unique advantages:
- The thermoelectric cooling system is extremely discreet, unlike conventional appliances with much noisier compressors.
- Less vibration: to preserve the quality of the wines.
- Small size, taking up less space Hkoenig 12-bottle wine cellar.
CAUTION: Because the refrigerant gases are combustible, professional service people will be required to dispose of the electric cooler once it is out of use.
WARNING: Do not use this product in a place where children can touch it and do not leave children to use it alone.
Disposal of waste
To avoid any harm to the environment or human health caused by the uncontrolled disposal of electrical waste, recycle the device responsibly to promote the reuse of material resources. Disposal must be done safely at public collection points provided for this purpose Hkoenig 12-bottle wine cellar.
Older refrigerators may contain CFCs that destroy the ozone layer; contact your nearest waste treatment center for more details on proper disposal procedures.
This appliance contains the coolant isobutene(R600a),a natural gas which is environmentally friendly. Although it is flammable, it does not damage the ozone layer and does not increase the greenhouse effect. The use of this coolant has, however, led to a slight increase in the noise level of the appliance. You might be able to hear the coolant flowing around the system Hkoenig 12-bottle wine cellar.
This is unavoidable, and does not have any adverse effect on the performance of the appliance. Care must be taken during the transportation and setting up the appliance that no parts of the cooling system are damaged. Leaking coolant can damage the eyes.
A wine cellar is the most practical space for storing wines. Its role is to balance the temperature and humidity inside so that your wine does not lose its taste and its aromas Hkoenig 12-bottle wine cellar.
Due to these heavy operations, noises can be heard. Most of the time, this is normal noise. Before calling technical service for assistance, please read these few lines.
These sounds are completely normal: buzzing, roaring, clicking, cracking Hkoenig 12-bottle wine cellar …
When the cellar has just stopped working, you may hear a buzzing, roaring, clicking or squealing noise. When the operation stabilizes, the sounds subside.
For direct cooling, some kind of irregular cracking, hissing, bubbling, crackling can often be heard when the compressor is running for a while or has just stopped. This sound is caused by the relief of stress due to expansion and contraction when temperature changes, and will not be affected by normal application of the product Hkoenig 12-bottle wine cellar.
The compressor consists of an electric motor and a compression device. Due to the heat produced during the compression of the refrigerant, it is possible especially in summer when the ambient temperature is higher that heat is emitted by the cellar. All of these phenomena are normal.
To reduce some noises:
First, make sure your cellar is on a level surface Hkoenig 12-bottle wine cellar.
Location is important, do not lean the cellar against the wall.
The bottles must be correctly loaded to avoid parasitic vibrations.
The noise may come from the circulation fan, check that nothing is interfering with its operation Hkoenig 12-bottle wine cellar.
Hkoenig 12-bottle wine cellar INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
Before putting your appliance into service
- Remove all inner and outer packaging components.
- This appliance is designed to be free standing Hkoenig 12-bottle wine cellar.
- Before connecting your device to a power supply, allow it to stand upright for about 2 hours. This reduces the risk of malfunction of the refrigeration system due to handling during transport.
- Clean the inner surfaces of the unit with a soft cloth and warm water
- Leave 10cm of free space between the back and sides of the unit to allow for ventilation of the cooling system. Failure to do so will result in poor cooling performance, dust build up on the components and dramatically shorten the life of the It may also void the warranty Hkoenig 12-bottle wine cellar.
Below are the guidelines for creating proper ventilation
Ventilation basics: While the unit is cooling(removing the heat)from its interior, the removed heat is being dissipated through the condenser coil at the rear of appliance. This heat must be removed with proper air circulation and exhausted to the outside of the cabinet enclosure. If this is not done, excessive heat will build up inside the cabinet enclosure and prevent the unit from maintaining proper cooling, increase power consumption and overheat the electrical components Hkoenig 12-bottle wine cellar.
- Place your unit on a floor strong enough to support the weight of the fully filled unit.
- Make sure the unit is level by adjusting the front feet underneath the unit. Make sure that the appliance rests on its feet in a stable manner.
- Install the appliance away from direct sunlight and heat sources (radiator, hot plate, ). Direct sunlight can damage the unit’s coating and heat can increase its power consumption. If the ambient temperature is extremely cold or hot, this may prevent the unit from operating properly Hkoenig 12-bottle wine cellar.
- The unit is not designed to be installed in a basement or
- This unit is designed exclusively for indoor Hkoenig 12-bottle wine cellar
Caution: Make sure that the unit is kept away from any substance that may cause combustion Hkoenig 12-bottle wine cellar.
- Check that the water tank is in place before connecting the unit.
CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
Cleaning your appliance
- Unplug your appliance and take out all the bottles.
- Clean the outside of the unit with hot water and a mild detergent.
- Remove the water tank at the bottom of the unit, then wash it Hkoenig 12-bottle wine cellar.
Moving your appliance
- Remove all bottles and disconnect the appliance.
- Tape all loose parts inside your appliance.
- Turn the feet to adjust their height to the minimum to avoid damage.
- Tighten the door to keep it closed.
- Be sure to keep the appliance upright during transport Hkoenig 12-bottle wine cellar.
|Capacity||12 bottles 75cl|
|Dimensions (W x D x H)||345x480x470mm|
|Energy consumption of 129kWh per year, calculated on the basis of the result obtained for 24 hours under standardized test conditions. Actual energy consumption depends on the operating conditions and location of the unit.|
|Coldest storage temperature||11°C|
|This unit is designed for use at an ambient temperature between +16°C and +32°C|
USE YOUR APPLIANCE
Your cooler has an electric temperature control on the front of the unit. You may program of your cooler at any setting you desire. The temperature is adjusted in the range of 11-18°C in the cabinet.
If the ambient temperature is higher or lower than the recommended temperatures, this will have a negative impact on its performance. For example, placing the unit in an extremely cold or hot place can cause variations in the internal temperature of the unit Hkoenig 12-bottle wine cellar.
The internal temperature may vary depending on the location of the bottles, at the top, middle or bottom.
Adjustment may be necessary depending on the ambient temperature Hkoenig 12-bottle wine cellar.
The cooler is designed for the maximum storage of 12 standard size (75cl) bottles of wine.
- Light Control Button Display
- Fahrenheit °F / Celsius °C Button Temperature Up Button
- Temperature Up Button
- Temperature Down Button
Switching On Your Wine Cooler
Connect the mains cable to the mains socket. Set the operating temperature. Press ▲/ ▼to adjust the temperature.
Changing between Fahrenheit and Celsius
Press ºF/ºC to change the temperature unit. Switching On or Off the Interior Light Hkoenig 12-bottle wine cellar
Press to switch on or off the interior light.
To minimize energy consumption, be sure to respect the filling capacity of your cooler–12 “Bordeaux 75cl” size bottles Hkoenig 12-bottle wine cellar.
When you use the cooler for the first time or restart the cooler after having been shut off for a long time, there could be a few degrees variance between the temperature you select and the one indicated on the display. This is normal and is due to the length of the activation time. Once the wine cooler is running for a few hours everything will be back to normal.
If you are concerned that the temperature display of cooler is not correct and wish to check the temperature you will need a special fridge/freezer thermometer. You may also need a hygrometer to check the humidity of your cooler. These are available from most supermarkets and hardware shops. Place the thermometer and hygrometer on the middle shelf of the electric cooler, where it can be read easily. Leave overnight, compare the temperature of the thermometer and the display in the wine cooler. The humidity in the cooler should be between 50%-80% RH depending on the type of wine.
- When the power is connected, cooling system starts to work. The temperature is set on certain position, which means that if the temperature of appliance reach the point set, Self-control Temperature System stops cooling system so the temperature in the cabinet rises gradually.
- When the inside temperature rises above the set point, Cooling Self-control Temperature starts to work again, the cooler enter into cooling circles.
- After you setting the temperature, the display will return to show the temperature in the cooler, but it could turn to the point that you have set gradually Hkoenig 12-bottle wine cellar
BREAKDOWNS AND SOLUTIONS
Some malfunctions can be easily resolved. Before calling customer service or a repairer, please consult the following table:
|PROBLEM||POSSIBLE CAUSES & SOLUTIONS|
|The appliance does not work.||Not connected.
The circuit-breaker is tripped or the fuse is damaged.
Check if the outlet is powered by connecting another electrical device.
|The appliance is not cold enough||Check the temperature setting.
High ambient temperature may require setting the appliance to a colder temperature.
The door is being opened too often. The door is not completely closed.
The door seal is not properly positioned.
Not enough space around the wine cellar to allow ventilation.
|The device operates continuously||The room temperature is higher than the maximum supported. A large number of bottles inside the appliance.
The door is being opened too often. The door is not completely closed.
Temperature control is not calibrated correctly. The door seal is not properly positioned.
|The light doesn’t work.||The appliance is not plugged in.
The circuit-breaker has been tripped or a fuse is damaged. The LED lighting is out of order.
The light button is set to “OFF”.
|Vibrations.||Check to make sure the appliance is level.|
|The appliance seems to be making too much noise.||
The appliance is not level, or a foot is incorrectly adjusted.
|The door does not close properly.||The appliance is not level.
The shelves are out of position and blocking the door closure.
|Water under the device||Water is being collected incorrectly in the water tank on the back of the unit. Check that the water tank is in place.
Empty the water tank Hkoenig 12-bottle wine cellar.
Do not dispose of this product as it has with other household products. There is a separation of this waste product into communities, you will need to inform your local authorities about the places where you can return this product. In fact, electrical and electronic products contain hazardous substances that have harmful effects on the environment or human health and should be recycled. The symbol here indicates that electrical and electronic equipment should be chosen carefully, a wheeled waste container is marked with a cross Hkoenig 12-bottle wine cellar.
Adeva SAS / H.Koenig Europe – 8 rue Marc Seguin, 77290 Mitry-Mory, France www.hkoenig.com – https://en.hkoenig.com – Tél: +33 1 64 67 00 05