RICE LAKE 1280 Single AD Scale Card Option
Addendum User Manual
The Single A/D Scale Card (PN 164085) provides a single scale channel. The 1280 can support up to eight scales. The configuration of each scale is stored both on the card and in the indicator’s memory. The CPU board will rewrite the calibration to the A/D scale card when replacing or swapping installed cards RICE LAKE 1280 Single AD Scale Card Option.
|Item No.||Part No.||Description||Qty|
|1||163407||Board Assembly, 1280 Single Com||1|
|2||14822||Screw, Mach 4-40 NCx1/4||1|
|3||163409||Face Plate, Option Card||1|
|4||167191||Label, Single A/D Scale Opt 1280||1|
Table 1 Single A/D Scale Card Kit Parts List
The included parts kit contains items used for installation of the card. Items listed for stud grounding of the shields pertain to the panel mount enclosure. See the 1280 technical manual (PN 167659) for more information on grounding the shield RICE LAKE 1280 Single AD Scale Card Option.
|14621||Nut, Kep 6-32NC HEX (used for stud grounding)||1|
|14822||Screw, Mach 4-40 NC x 1/4 (secures card to to controller assembly)||1|
|15130||Washer, Lock NO 6 Type A (used for stud grounding)||1|
|153883||Connector, 5 Pos Screw Terminal (interface connector)||1|
|15631||Cable Tie, 3 inch Nylon (secures cable in panel mount installation)||4|
|53075||Clamp, Ground Cable Shield (used for stud grounding)||1|
|166957||NTEP seal for the A/D card to prevent removal. 158208 – Screw, Mach 4-40 x 3/8 (2) 165927 – Clip, Load Cell Locking (1)||1|
|171801||Ferrite Core, Snap on||1|
Table 2 Parts Kit (PN 163782)
Always disconnect power before opening the indicator. Option card is not hot swappable.
Use a wrist strap to ground yourself and protect components from electrostatic discharge (ESD) when working inside the indicator enclosure.
- Open the indicator as instructed in the 1280 technical manual
- Remove a slot cover plate from the controller assembly to open a slot for the card.
- Remove protective tape from pins J3 on the option card prior to Make sure the pins are clean of sticky residue by carefully wiping with a cloth dampened with rubbing alcohol RICE LAKE 1280 Single AD Scale Card Option.
- Ensure S1 switch on the card is in the Run position (Figure 2).
- Align the card to the slot; the screw hole in the faceplate of the card should align with the screw hole on the controller assembly.
- Slide the card into the top and bottom grooves of the Push the card until it is securely seated in the back plane.
- Secure with screw 4-40 NC x 1/4 (provided) RICE LAKE 1280 Single AD Scale Card Option.
- Route the cable through the cord grip to attach the cable from the scale to the A/D scale card
- Wire the load cell cable from the scale to the connector (from the parts kit) for J1 as shown in Figure 2 and Table 3.
To use a 6-wire load cell cable (with sense wires), remove jumpers JP1 and JP2 before installing cord to J1. To use a 4-wire connection, leave jumpers JP1 and JP2 on.
- When connections are complete, install load cell connector on the A/D scale card
A sealing clip can be installed over the connector to provide a hardware seal that allows access while preventing removal of the scale card and connector RICE LAKE 1280 Single AD Scale Card Option.
|For 6-wire load cell connections to connector J1, remove jumpers JP1 and JP2.|
Table 3 Pin Assignments
The slot of the controller assembly selected for the installation of the card determines the scale channels that can be associated to a scale number RICE LAKE 1280 Single AD Scale Card Option.
Slot 1 = Slot 1 Channel 1
Slot 2 = Slot 2 Channel 1
Slot 3 = Slot 3 Channel 1
Slot 4 = Slot 4 Channel 1
Slot 5 = Slot 5 Channel 1
Slot 6 = Slot 6 Channel 1
- Use cable ties from the parts kit to secure loose cables inside the enclosure as Ensure no excess or loose cable is left inside the enclosure.
- Ground the shield cable using the ground washer in the metal cord grip, or the grounding stud on the enclosure using cable clamp included in the parts See the 1280 technical manual for more information.
- Tighten cord Ensure cord grip nut is also tight.
- Reassemble and power the indicator RICE LAKE 1280 Single AD Scale Card Option.
- Press on the weigh mode The Main Menu displays.
- Press for access to the Configuration menu.
Access to the Configuration menu may be restricted. Refer to the 1280 technical manual for more information.
- Select to enter the scales menu and configure the single A/D scale card.
- Select the scale number (1-8) to be configured from the selection field drop down list.
- Select and set the scale to Analog Load Cell Scale. The Select Scale Hardware screen displays.
- Select the slot and channel RICE LAKE 1280 Single AD Scale Card Option
- See the 1280 technical manual for calibration RICE LAKE 1280 Single AD Scale Card Option
LED Status Indicators
|1||Green flashing indicates card is working. Red indicates it is faulty|
|2||Green indicates a load cell is connected and configured correctly|
Table 4 LED Status Lights
© Rice Lake Weighing Systems Speciﬁcations subject to change without notice.
Rice Lake Weighing Systems is an ISO 9001 registered company.
230 W. Coleman St. • Rice Lake, WI 54868 • USA
U.S. 800-472-6703 • Canada/Mexico 800-321-6703 • International 715-234-9171 • Europe +31 (0)26 472 1319
January 19, 2018 www.ricelake.com PN 164652 Rev D