Honeywell Turbo Force Air Circulator Fan
Black, HT-900 User Manual
HT-800 Series, HT-900 Series, HT-900C Series,
HFT-114B Series, HFT-311B Series, HFT-314 Series, and HT-9004C
Combo Package of HFT-311B/HFT-311BC and
Twin Package of 2 HFT-311B Series Fans
Combo Package of HFT-311B/HFT-311BC and
Combo Package of HT-800/HT-809 and HF-810/HF-819 Fans
Twin Package of 2 HT-800/HT-809 Fans
READ AND SAVE THESE SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING THIS FAN
When using electrical appliances, basic precautions should always be followed to reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, and injury to persons, including the following Honeywell Turbo Force Air Circulator Fan Black, HT-900:
- Use this fan only as described in this manual. Other use not recommended, may cause fire, electric shock or injury to persons.
- This product is intended for household use ONLY and not for commercial, industrial or outdoor use.
- To protect against electric shock, do not place fan in window, immerse unit, plug or cord in water or spray with liquids.
- This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). To reduce the risk of shock, this plug is intended to fit only one way in a polarized outlet. If the plug does not fit fully in the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. DO NOT attempt to defeat this safety feature.
- Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children.
- Turn the fan to the OFF position and unplug the fan from the outlet when not in use, when moving the fan from one location to another and before cleaning.
- To disconnect the fan, first turn control to the OFF position, grip the plug and pull it from the wall outlet. Never pull by the cord.
- Do not operate the fan in the presence of explosive and/or flammable fumes Honeywell Turbo Force Air Circulator Fan Black, HT-900.
- Do not place the fan or any parts near an open flame, cooking or other heating appliance.
- Do not operate the fan with a damaged cord or plug or if the product malfunctions, is dropped or damaged in any manner (see warranty).
- Avoid contact with moving fan parts Honeywell Turbo Force Air Circulator Fan Black, HT-900.
- The use of attachments not recommended by the manufacturer may be hazardous.
- Place the fan on a dry level surface.
- Do not hang or mount fan on ceiling. Do not operate HFT-114B/HFT-114BC series in oscillation mode when wall-mounted. The HF-810/HF-819 series cannot be wall mounted.
- Do not operate if the fan housing is removed or damaged Honeywell Turbo Force Air Circulator Fan Black, HT-900.
- A loose fit between the AC outlet (receptacle) and plug may cause overheating and a distortion of the plug. Contact a qualified electrician to replace loose or worn outlet
WARNING: To Reduce The Risk of Fire or Electric Shock, Do Not Use This Fan With Any Solid-State Speed Control Device.
The Turbo Force® High Velocity Air Circulator Fans are aerodynamically designed to give you the versatility of changing this fan’s angular direction simply by adjusting the fan to ANY desired angular output (Fig.1). Upon using this fan, you will feel a strong and powerful air stream that will quickly move air in order to cool an area rapidly and efficiently Honeywell Turbo Force Air Circulator Fan Black, HT-900.
Honeywell Air Circulator Fans can help save energy and can lower monthly utility bills all year round. Our air circulators increase distribution of cooler air from your air conditioner or warmer air from your heating system creating a vortex of air flow for increased comfort. Increased air flow allows the air conditioning and heating systems to be used at lower settings to help save you money Honeywell Turbo Force Air Circulator Fan Black, HT-900.
In the summer: Circulate cool air by using with window or central air conditioning Honeywell Turbo Force Air Circulator Fan Black, HT-900.
Circulate cool air upstairs.
In the winter: Circulate warm air. Position your air circulator in an open location for upward air movement. Run it on a low setting to move the hotter air from the ceiling and circulate the warmer air throughout the room Honeywell Turbo Force Air Circulator Fan Black, HT-900.
Increase Heating Source Efficiency: Use with other heat sources, such as wood stoves, baseboard heaters, and or vents to help circulate the warm air throughout the room.
Box, packaging materials and all plastic parts are recyclable. Contact your local recycler for more details.
- Be sure the fan is in the OFF position Honeywell Turbo Force Air Circulator Fan Black, HT-900.
- Place your fan on a dry, level surface Honeywell Turbo Force Air Circulator Fan Black, HT-900.
- Plug the power cord into a polarized 120 volt AC wall outlet.
- To operate, turn the control knob to the desired fan speed: HIGH (III), MEDIUM (II) or LOW (I) (Fig. 2).
NOTE: The HF-810/HF-819 Series fans are equipped with a child-resistant speed control.
To operate, push in and turn the child-resistant switch to the desired speed (Fig. 2A).
- Adjust the fan to the desired angular air output direction.
- To start or stop the oscillation feature (HFT-114B Series and HFT-314 Series), press the OSCILLATE button on the base of the fan (Fig. 3).
- To move the fan, turn the fan OFF and pick it up by the concealed handle that is located on the outside rim of the fan (Fig. 4) Honeywell Turbo Force Air Circulator Fan Black, HT-900.
(HT-800, HT-900, HFT-114B/HFT-114BC Series and HFT-311B/HFT-311BC Series Only)
- Locate and mark the position on the wall where the fan will be mounted (preferably at a wall stud).
- Insert two screws into the wall stud. (Screws are not included and can be purchased at a hardware store)
- Leave approximately 3/8” of the screws (bolts) exposed.
- Line up the openings on the base of the fan with the screws (bolts) and hang the fan on the wall.
NOTE: Do not operate HFT-114B/HFT-114BC Series in oscillation mode when the fan is wall-mounted. The HF-810/HF-819 Series and HFF-561U Series cannot be wall-mounted Honeywell Turbo Force Air Circulator Fan Black, HT-900.
CLEANING AND STORAGE
- Turn the fan off and unplug it before cleaning.
- Use only a soft cloth or cotton swab to gently wipe the fan clean.
- To clean between the grilles, we recommend using a pipe cleaner, vacuum cleaner, flexible dustman or compressed air to gently remove the dust.
- DO NOT immerse the fan in water and never allow water to drip into the motor housing.
- DO NOT use gasoline, paint thinner or other chemicals to clean the fan.
REMOVAL OF THE FRONT GRILLE FOR CLEANING
DO NOT remove the fan grille unless the fan’s power is turned off and the power cord is unplugged.
- Gently lay the fan face down on a table (Fig. 5).
- Remove the front grille by unscrewing the screws located on the back of the fan using a standard Philips head screw driver Honeywell Turbo Force Air Circulator Fan Black, HT-900.
NOTE: The screws will remain attached to the rear housing to ensure they are not lost. Do not try to force the removal of the screws
- Lift the rear housing by the handle to separate from the front grille.
- Re-assemble the fan by replacing the front grille and aligning the screw holes between the front grille and the fan body. Gently tighten the screws.
- For storage, clean the fan carefully as instructed. Store the fan in the original packaging or cover the product to protect it from dust Honeywell Turbo Force Air Circulator Fan Black, HT-900.
Mail questions or comments to:
Consumer Relations Dept.
250 Turnpike Road
Southborough, MA 01772
Call us toll-free at: 1-800-477-0457
E-mail: [email protected]
Or visit our website at: www.kaz.com
Please be sure to specify a model number.
NOTE: IF YOU EXPERIENCE A PROBLEM, PLEASE CONTACT CONSUMER RELATIONS FIRST OR SEE YOUR WARRANTY. DO NOT RETURN TO THE ORIGINAL PLACE OF PURCHASE. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO OPEN THE MOTOR HOUSING YOURSELF, DOING SO MAY VOID YOUR WARRANTY AND CAUSE DAMAGE TO THE FAN OR PERSONAL INJURY.
Honeywell Turbo Force Air Circulator Fan Black, HT-900 1 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
You should first read all instructions before attempting to use this product Honeywell Turbo Force Air Circulator Fan Black, HT-900.
- A. This 1 year limited warranty applies to repair or replacement of product found to be defective in material or workmanship. This warranty does not apply to damage resulting from commercial, abusive, unreasonable use or supplemental damage. Defects that are the result of normal wear and tear will not be considered manufacturing defects under this warranty Honeywell Turbo Force Air Circulator Fan Black, HT-900.
KAZ IS NOT LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY NATURE. ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ON THIS PRODUCT IS LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE DURATION OF THIS WARRANTY.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages or limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you also may have other rights which vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. This warranty applies only to the original purchaser of this product from the original date of purchase.
- B. This warranty does not cover damage resulting from any unauthorized attempts to repair or from any use not in accordance with the instruction manual.
- C. Return defective product to Kaz, Incorporated with a brief description of the problem. Include proof of purchase and a $10 US/$15.50 CAN check or money order for handling, return packing and shipping charges. Please include your name, address and a daytime phone number
You must prepay shipping charges. We suggest having tracking or delivery confirmation. Send to:
Attn: Returns Department
4755 Southpoint Drive
Memphis, TN 38118
Kaz Canada Inc.
Attn: Returns Department
510 Bronte Street South
Milton, ON L9T 2X6
Please go to www.kaz.com and register your product under the Customer Care Center and receive product information updates and new promotional offers.