Jabra Elite 4 Active User Manual
© 2021 GN Audio A/S. All rights reserved. Jabra® is a trademark of GN Audio A/S. The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by the Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by GN Audio A/S is under license.
Made in China
MODEL: OTE160R/OTE160L/ CPB160
Declaration of Conformity can be found on www.jabra.com/doc
Thank you for using the Jabra Elite 4 Active. We hope you will enjoy it!
Jabra Elite 4 Active Features
- Secure fit for active With ergonomic, wing-free design.
- Everyday IP57-rated water and sweat proof protection with a 2-year warranty*.
- Active Noise Cancellation (ANC). Block intrusive sounds and stay in the
- Your music your Boost the bass or turn up the treble with the customizable equalizer.
- Stay alert with Hear what’s going on around you.
- Clear calls in noisy 4 microphones for great call clarity on the go.
- Small on Big on power. Up to 7 hours in the buds, and up to 28 hours with the case + fast charge.
- Use either earbud with mono
- Seamless Alexa Built-in or Spotify Tap playback, and Google Fast Pair**.
- Against failure from dust and water with Jabra Sound+ app registration
** Alexa Built-in, Spotify Tap playback and Google Fast Pair compatible with Android OS 6.0 or higher
2. Jabra Elite 4 Active overview
2.1 Included accessories
3. How to wear
Carefully insert each earbud into your ear. Position the microphones on the earbuds towards your mouth.
3.1 Changing EarGels
For the optimal audio experience, it is recommended to try each of the different EarGel sizes. The fit should feel light and comfortable in your ear. The medium EarGels are pre-mounted on the earbuds.
4. How to charge
The Jabra Elite 4 Active offers up to 7 hours of battery and up to 28 hours with the charging case and fast charge.
4.1 Charging the earbuds
Place the earbuds in the charging case and close the lid. It takes up to 2 hours to fully recharge the earbuds.
When the charging case lid is opened with the earbuds inside, the LEDs on the earbuds will light up red, yellow or green to indicate the battery status of the earbuds. The LED on the front of the charging case indicates the battery status of the charging case.
4.2 Fast charge the earbuds
Placing the earbuds in the charging case for 10 minutes when they are at low battery will fast charge the earbuds, offering up to 60 minutes of battery. Fast charging the earbuds requires that the charging case has a minimum of 30% battery.
You can see the current battery status of the earbuds using the Jabra Sound+ app.
4.3 Charging the charging case using USB
Plug the supplied USB-C charging cable into the charging case and a USB-A power supply or wall charger. It takes up to 3.5 hours to fully charge the earbuds and the charging case (depending on the charger used).
It is recommended to use a power supply with 5V +-0.25V and maximum charging current below 2A. It is not recommended to charge the earbuds or charging case using a wall charger with a higher voltage.
5. What the LEDs mean
6. How to pair
6.1 Pairing with a mobile device
- Power on the earbuds by removing them from the charging Alternatively, press the Left and Right buttons to power the earbuds on.
- Press and hold (3 sec) the Left and Right buttons simultaneously until the earbud LED flashes blue. The earbuds will now be ready to pair to your
- Go to the Bluetooth settings on your smartphone and select the Jabra Elite 4 Active from the list of available devices to complete the
7. How to use
7.1 Power the earbuds on/off
Place the earbuds in the charging case to power off. Remove the earbuds from the charging case to power on.
To power off the earbuds manually, press both the Left and Right buttons simultaneously. To power off an earbud in mono mode, press and hold the button on the earbud for 5 seconds.
To power on the left or right earbud manually, press the Left or Right button.
7.2 Music controls
7.3 Call controls
7.4 Voice assistant controls
7.5 Active Noise Cancellation
Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) counters noise by detecting and analyzing the pattern of incoming sound, and then generating an anti- noise signal to cancel noise out. As a result, you experience a reduced level of surrounding noise during music and media playback Jabra Elite 4 Active.
ANC is disabled by default and can enabled and personalized using the Jabra Sound+ app. A firmware update may be required to enable ANC.
READ MORE – Jabra Elite 7 Active User Manual
HearThrough lets you pay attention to your surroundings and engage in conversation, when not on a call, without needing to remove the earbuds. The microphones pick up surrounding sounds and transmit them to the speakers Jabra Elite 4 Active.
7.7 One-touch Spotify playback
When configured using the Jabra Sound+ app on an Android device, it is possible to control one-touch Spotify playback using the left earbud.
One-touch Spotify playback is off by default and is available for Android devices Jabra Elite 4 Active.
Sidetone enables you to hear your own voice when you are on a call. The benefit of Sidetone is that it enables you to determine how loud you are speaking.
Sidetone is on by default during calls and can be turned on/off using the Jabra Sound+ app Jabra Elite 4 Active.
7.9 Mono earbud mode
The right or left earbud can be used individually for music playback or for calls. To activate mono earbud mode, place the unused earbud into the charging case.
The left and right earbuds will automatically relink when both are placed in your ears.
7.10 Sleep mode
To conserve battery, the earbuds will automatically power off when they are out of range of your mobile device for 15 minutes and are not in the charging case, or when they have been inactive for 30 minutes.
To power the earbuds on, press the Left and Right buttons. Alternatively, place the earbuds in the charging case and then take them back out Jabra Elite 4 Active.
7.11 Multiple call handling
The earbuds can accept and handle multiple calls at the same time.
7.12 Update firmware
The Jabra Elite 4 Active can be updated to the latest firmware version using the Jabra Sound+ app.
If notifications are enabled in Jabra Sound+, you will receive an automatic notification when a firmware update is available. Follow the instructions in the app to firmware update the earbuds.
7.13 Reset the earbuds
Resetting the earbuds clears the list of paired devices and resets all settings.
- Place both earbuds in the charging
- Press and hold (10 sec) the Left and Right buttons on the earbuds simultaneously until the LEDs on the earbuds flash
- When the LEDs stop flashing magenta the earbuds have been
The earbuds will need to be re-paired to your mobile device. Remember to delete/forget the pairing in the Bluetooth menu on your mobile device Jabra Elite 4 Active.
8. Jabra Sound+ app
Google Plays tore
View the FAQs on Jabra.com/help/elite4active Jabra Elite 4 Active
9.2 How to care for your earbuds
- Always store the earbuds in the charging case and safely
- To prevent the depletion of the battery lifetime or capacity, avoid storing the earbuds in hot or cold environments, such as a closed car in summer, or in winter
- It is recommended to store the earbuds between -20°C and 45°C (-4°F and 113°F).
- Do not store the earbuds for extended periods of time without recharging them (max. three months).
- If the earbuds or the charging case become dirty, it is recommended to clean them with a soft, lint-free cloth that has been dampened with clean
- It is recommended to use a power supply with 5V +-0.25V and maximum charging current below 2A. It is not recommended to charge the earbuds or charging case using a wall charger with a higher Jabra Elite 4 Active
9.3 Replacement accessories
Replacement or additional accessories can be purchased online at jabra.com/accessories.
9.4 Jabra Elite 4 Active Using replacement earbuds
- Pair the replacement earbuds to your mobile device (see section 1)
- Update the earbud firmware using the Jabra Sound+
9.5 Using a replacement charging case
Before using a replacement charging case, it is recommended to charge it for 1 hour.