SUPRO BLACK MAGICK HEAD AND
COMBO User Manual
1. IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
- Read these
- Keep these
- Heed all
- Follow all
- Do not use this apparatus near
- Clean only with dry
- Do not block any ventilation Install in accordance with the manufacturers instructions.
- Do not install near any heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves, or other apparatus (including amplifiers) that produce
- Do not defeat the safety purpose of the grounding-type plug. A grounding-type plug has two blades and a third grounding prong. The third prong is provided for your safety. If the provided plug does not fit into your outlet, consult an electrician for replacement of the obsolete
- Protect the power cord from being walked on or pinched particularly at plugs, convenience receptacles, and the point where they exit from the
- Only use the attachments/accessories specified by the
- Use only the cart, stand, tripod, bracket, or table specified by the manufacturer, or sold with the When a cart is used, use caution when moving the cart/apparatus combination to avoid injury from tip-over.
- Unplug this apparatus during lightning storms or when unused for long periods of
- Refer all servicing to qualified service Servicing is required when the apparatus has been damaged in any way, such as power-supply cord or plug is damaged, liquid has been spilled or objects have fallen into the apparatus, the apparatus has been exposed to rain or moisture, does not operate normally, or has been dropped.
- To ensure proper ventilation always make sure there is at minimum four inches (101.6mm) of space behind the rear of the apparatus. The ventilation should not be impeded by covering the ventilation opening with items, such as newspapers, tablecloths, curtains, etc. Do not impede ventilation by placing objects on top of the apparatus which extend past the rear edge of its
- Please contact Supro directly or a qualified person for tube
- The AC plug is the mains The plug should remain accessible after installation.
- WARNING: To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, do not expose this apparatus to rain or
- WARNING: The apparatus shall not be exposed to dripping or splashing and objects filled with liquid, such as vases, shall not be placed on
- CAUTION: To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, do not remove the cover or back of the There are no user serviceable parts inside. Refer service to qualified personnel.
READ MORE – Jabra Elite 4 Active User Manual
2. ANATOMY AND USAGE
2.1 FRONT PANEL
Instrument input for using channel 1 and channel 2 in parallel. Plugging an instrument into this input, sends the signal to both preamps in parallel. When a second instrument is connected to In 2, In 1+2 only connects to channel 1.
Instrument input for using channel two by itself.
Controls the volume level of channel 1.
Controls the volume level of channel 2.
Controls Bass/Treble balance.
Controls the speed of the Tremolo effect.
Allows remote shutoff of the Tremolo function via latching footswitch, using a 1/4” TS cable.
Controls the depth of the Tremolo effect.
This turns on the high voltage to the tubes. The tubes should warm up for at least one minute before turning Standby switch to ON. Be sure that the Volume control is set to a reasonable position before switching the amplifier ON as this amplifier can be very loud! For short breaks (5 minutes or less), using the Standby switch will increase tube life.
This shows that AC Mains voltage is flowing to the amplifier.
Turns on AC power to the amplifier. The Power switch should be turned on, and the pilot light should be lit for 1 minute before turning the Standby switch to ON.
2.2 REAR PANEL
The Black Magick provides one 8 Ohm and two 4 Ohm speaker outputs. When using a single 8 Ohm speaker, such as the internal speaker, connect the speaker or cabinet to the 8 Ohm jack. If using two 8 Ohm speakers or cabinets, plug them both into the 4 Ohm jacks. (The logic here is that two 8 Ohm loads connected in parallel add up to a 4 Ohm total load.) When using the internal speaker with an extension cabinet, be sure to move the internal speaker to one of the 4 Ohm outputs.
IEC POWER CORD RECEPTACLE / FUSE HOLDER
The power cord connects here and to your country’s appropriate wall outlet. Make sure to connect the male end of the IEC POWER CORD into a Grounded Power Outlet. This IEC connector contains the AC Mains fuse. This is a 20mm, T2.5A250V Fuse.
2.3 SETTING TONES
The two channel preamp found in your Black Magick is designed to provide a wide variety of sounds, from clean to mean and everything in between. Begin by setting the volume knobs to 9:00 and the tone knob to 12:00.
Plugging into the first input, labeled “In 1+2”, sends your guitar signal into both channels simultaneously. This clever approach combines both preamps in parallel for double the signal power and gain. Using the In 1+2 results in a thicker overall texture. A good starting point is setting the volume controls to 12:00, the tone knob to 12:00 to achieve a massive, wide-range sound that combines both preamps. Plugging into the second input, labeled “In 2”, sends your guitar signal through channel 2 only. This is the authentic Supro sound. This input path provides the most headroom and vintage mojo.
Plugging separate instruments into each input will separate the two channels, providing independent control of volume and tone for each instrument.
Using a simple A/B switch, you can plug a single instrument into both inputs to achieve (phase coherent) channel switching in its purest form. Try turning the volume of channel 1 to 12:00 while cranking the volume on channel 2 all the way up to be used as a lead channel.
The tremolo effect is applied at the output stage and modulates the amplitude of the audio signal coming from both preamps. Adjust speed and depth to taste.
Supro amplifiers are some of the most dynamically sensitive guitar amplifiers ever designed. The player is able to access a myriad of sounds within this amplifier by turning the volume(s) up to the point of glorious overdrive and simply controlling the strength of the signal right from the volume knob on the guitar.
See tone maps at suprousa.com.
Each Supro tube amplifier is a 100% analog, 100% tube amplifier. There are no solid state (transistor) devices in any audio signal path.
Supro products have been designed for years of trouble-free service. There are many unique protection features to the design. If you are having difficulties, check the following:
No sound, but pilot light is ON
Check to see that the speaker is plugged into the speaker jack (not the footswitch jack). Make sure all knobs are turned up past zero and that the Standby switch is set to operate. As this is a tube amplifier, the tubes take approximately 1 minute to warm up before you will get sound. The Standby switch should be set to standby for this warm up period.
No sound and the lights are all OFF
Unplug the power cord and check the 2.5A, 250V fuse (rear panel).
If you have any further questions, our email address is [email protected].
3. SUPRO WARRANTY POLICY
3.1 USA/CANADA WARRANTY
To validate the warranty on your Supro tube amplifier, please register the product online at http://suprousa.com/warranty/.
This warranty applies only to the original retail purchaser when this amplifier is purchased from an authorized Supro dealer and is subject to the limitations set forth herein.
Important: Please retain your original sales receipt, as it is your proof of purchase validating this limited warranty. This warranty shall cover the following components as below:
- Amplifiers: 1 year, extended* to 2 years
- Speaker enclosures: 1 year, extended* to 2 years
- Tubes and speakers: 90 days
*Note: The extended warranty will be automatically applied when you register online at http://suprousa.com/ warranty/. The extended warranty period is only applicable if the above form is submitted prior to the expiration of the initial 1 year warranty which begins at the date of purchase. It is your responsibility to submit this information and we shall not be liable nor do we accept any responsibility whatsoever for non-receipt of this information.
What is Covered:
Defects in the materials and/or workmanship of your product which has been purchased through an authorized Supro USA dealer. This warranty shall be applicable when the original sales receipt or proof of purchase of the product is presented together with the defective product.
What is not Covered:
Damage caused by negligence, modification, improper use, incorrect voltages or general wear and tear. Damage caused during transportation of the product. Damage caused by repair or service carried out by persons not authorized by Supro USA. A product with a serial number which has been defaced, removed etc. A product which was not purchased from an authorized dealer in the USA or Canada.
The warranty service may include repairs or replacement of the product in accordance with the terms set out herein. If we are unable to repair the defective product, we reserve the right to provide you with a replacement which may or may not be a reconditioned product.
Do not attempt to repair the device as this will void the warranty.
In the event a repair or replacement has been made, we shall be entitled to take and keep possession of the defective product which is deemed to be beyond repair during the warranty period.
Providing the defective product is covered by the terms of this warranty we shall be responsible for the cost of returning your unit to you.
How to Obtain Warranty/Non-Warranty Service:
- Complete the service email form available at http://suprousa.com/support/.
- You will receive a Supro USA Return Authorization Form from a Supro support
- You must download, print and complete the Supro USA Return Authorization Form. Provide the info requested on this form, and include a copy of the original purchase receipt. Please enclose these two documents with your amplifier, and ship to the Supro USA service dept:
200 Wilson St. BLDG F, Suite 1 Port Jefferson Station, NY 11776
For amplifiers owned less than 30 days, Supro USA will pay ground shipping both ways.
For amplifiers owned over 30 days and less than 365 days, (except extended warranty, which will be extend coverage for 2 years), customer pays shipping to Supro USA and Supro USA pays return ground shipping. If the amplifier is returned to Supro and the cause is proven to be oversight or user error, customer will be responsible for return shipping.
For non-warranty service, the customer pays return shipping both ways. Repair charges must be paid within 60 days of completion or it becomes the property of Supro USA.
3.2 INTERNATIONAL WARRANTY
(For customers outside of the United States and Canada)
Supro USA has chosen only the best dealers and distributors to work with.
- Call the Supro dealer that you purchased your amplifier Inform them of the nature of the problem you are having. Most often they will be able to assist you with replacement parts or service.
- If your dealer is unable to help, call the authorized Supro distributor in your country (you can find their details on our website). They have the technical staff and experience to assist you, and also have all of the resources of Supro engineers at their
- If you are still unable to get the assistance you require or you feel you have a problem that the distributor cannot resolve, contact us directly by sending an e-mail to [email protected].
DAG Audio LLC, 141 West 28th St. 4th Floor, New York, NY 10001
Commercial Importer, EU:
BOND AUDIO GmbH & Co. KG., Lichtstrasse 25, 50825 Cologne, Germany
All Contents © Bond Audio LLC 2020