JLL JF100 Upright Exercise Bike User Manual
Scan the QR code for a step-by-step video guide on how to assemble your exercise bike.
Scan the QR code to view our support center for more technical
resolutions and FAQ’s about your item.
Please pay attention to the following instructions before operating this bike.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
Thank you for choosing our product. To ensure your health and safety, please use this equipment as advised. It is important to read this entire manual before assembling and using the equipment. Safe and effective use can only be achieved if the equipment is assembled, maintained and used in accordance to the manual.
It is your responsibility to ensure that all users of the equipment are informed of all warnings and precautions.
- Before starting any exercise program, you should consult a health professional to determine if you have any medical or physical conditions that could put your health and safety at risk or prevent you from using the equipment properly. A health professional’s advice is essential if you are taking medication that affects your heart rate, blood pressure or cholesterol level.
- Be aware of your body’s signals. Incorrect or excessive exercise can damage your health. Stop exercising if you experience any of the following symptoms: pain, tightness in your chest, irregular heartbeat, lightheadedness, dizziness or
feelings of nausea. If you do experience any of these conditions, you should consult a health professional before continuing with your exercise program.
- Keep children and pets away from the equipment. The equipment is designed for adult use only.
- Use the equipment on a solid, flat level surface with a protective cover for your floor or carpet. To ensure safety, the equipment should have at least 2 feet (61 cm) of free space all around it.
- Ensure that all nuts and bolts are securely tightened before using the equipment. The safety of the equipment can only be maintained if it is regularly examined for damage and/or wear and tear.
- Always use the equipment as indicated. If you find any defective components while assembling or checking the equipment, or if you hear any unusual noises coming from the equipment during exercise, discontinue use of the equipment immediately. Please contact JLL Fitness on 0800 6123 988 for advice on how to resolve the issue.
- Wear suitable clothing while using the equipment. Avoid wearing loose clothing that may become entangled in the equipment.
- Do not place fingers or objects into the moving parts of the equipment.
- To avoid bodily injury and/or damage to the product or property, ensure to follow safe procedures for lifting and moving the item.
- Your product is intended for use in cool, dry conditions. You should avoid storage in extreme cold, hot or damp areas as this may lead to corrosion and other related problems.
USER SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
PRIOR TO USE
- Assemble the bike according to the instruction manual.
- Consult your doctor before beginning any exercise program.
- Read instructions.
- Read warning labels.
- Read emergency stop procedures.
- Maximum user weight is 100kg/ 15 St.
- Inspect unit. If damaged, DO NOT USE.
- Ensure every bolt and screw is securely tightened.
- DO NOT use for stretching and DO NOT attach straps or other devices.
- DO NOT allow children aged 12 or younger to be on or near the machine.
- Stop exercising if you feel faint, dizzy, or encounter pain.
- Keep all clothing and accessories clear of moving parts.
- This upright bike has not been designed to be used as an Indoor Cycling Bike. It is not suitable for cycling classes or studio workouts, it has been designed for domestic use and to be used while seated and not stood up. An upright bike is not capable of handling the intense workouts and cadence of a studio bike.
EXERCISE SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
- Use sports clothes and gym shoes.
- DO NOT use with bare feet.
- This model has been designed for domestic purposes only.
FACILITY SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
- DO NOT operate in damp or wet locations.
- Use caution when getting on or off the bike.
- Check the bike for worn or loose components before each use. DO NOT use until worn or damaged parts are replaced.
- Maintain regularly. Refer to Preventive Maintenance chapter.
- DO NOT use the bike if: (1) the bike is not working adequately or (2) the bike has been dropped or damaged.
- DO NOT use the bike outdoors.
- Read the instruction manual completely before using the bike.
- Ensure all users wear appropriate footwear on JLL® equipment.
- As far as possible provide the following clearances: 0.5 m at each side and 2 m at the back. Be sure your bike is clear of walls, equipment and other hard surfaces.
- DO NOT modify the bike in any way. Any modifications will void the warranty.
- All the data displayed by the monitor is for reference purposes only.
Warning stickers indicate a potentially hazardous situation which, if not avoided, could result in death or serious injury. Carefully read the following caution and warning labels before using the unit.
It is strictly forbidden to touch any moving parts of the bike.
Keep small children and pets a safe distance from bike when in use.
To find the ideal location to set up this bike, ensure that:
- Area is well illuminated and well ventilated.
- Surface is level.
- There is enough space to access the unit and emergency dismount. If it is possible, keep the following clearances: 0.5 m at each side and 2 m at the back.
- The bike is placed in an environment with a relative humidity range of 30-50%. Please ensure the temperature is kept constant. Do not use in a moist or damp environment as this may impact on the integrity and performance of the machine.
See diagram (left) and content listing (below) for exercise bike box contents. See Customer Service chapter for contact information if any parts are missing.
The bike has been assembled and tested at the factory, so you shouldn’t have any problems putting all the parts together. Components are designed to fit together, and only basic tools are required for the assembly process. Inside the box you will find a Tools Pack (Hex Allen Key, Multi-Tool, Washers and Bolts). See previous page.
To assemble your JLL JF100 please follow these easy steps:
Attach the front and rear stabilizers to the main base using four M8 carriage bolts, four arc washers and four M8 domed nuts. Tighten using the multi-tool.
NOTE: The front stabilizer will be the shorter one.
Secure the saddle to the seat post using three hex nuts and three flat washers found under the saddle.
Slide the seat post cover onto the seat post and feed it into the main base and secure using the adjustment knob.
Connect the sensor wire and tension cable from the handlebar post to the main base.
NOTE: Ensure you do not catch the wire between the post and the frame.
Secure the handlebar post to the main base using four Allen head bolts and four arc washers. Tighten using the Allen key.
Feed the two wires from the handlebars into the handlebar post and pull them up through the top. Feed all the wires through the computer bracket and secure it on top.
Place the handlebars under the metal clasp, place the handlebar cover over the top then secure using the T knob.
Connect the wires from the handlebar post to the monitor and secure the monitor to the bracket.
Attach the pedals to the base, each pedal will be labeled L and R.
The right pedal must be threaded clockwise and the left anti-clockwise.
ADJUSTING THE HANDLEBARS
The handlebars are able to be rotated 360 degrees. To move them to an angle that suits the user start by loosening the T knob on the front of the handlebar post. Gently push the handlebars to where you want them and re-tighten the knob.
TESTING THE BIKE OPERATION
Use the following instructions to test the full resistance of the bike and to check the machine for proper operation.
- Sit on the bike and start pedaling, change the levels of resistance and check to make sure you feel a difference in difficulty.
- As you are pedalling make sure you don’t feel any wobble in your machine, if so you may need to adjust the plastic caps at the end of the stabilisers to level the bike.
- As you pedal on your bike check that there are no unusual noises.
- Finally check the monitor to make sure the digits are changing on each setting to record your workout correctly.
|Display||Displays: Time, speed, distance, heart-rate, calories and odometer|
|Flywheel||4 kg two way|
|Crank||Detachable 3 piece system|
|Resistance||10 Levels magnetic resistance|
|Seat||7 Levels of adjustable seat height|
|Handlebars||360 degrees rotation|
|Maximum User Weight||100kg, 15.7 St or 220 lb.|
|Occupying Area||99 cm (Length) x 51 cm (Width) x 123 cm (Height)|
|Packaging Dimensions||62 cm (Length) x 25.5 cm (Width) x 53 cm (Height)|
Read all instructions, warnings and safety procedures located in the Safety chapter before using the bike.
Hold the sensor plates on the handlebars ensuring that your hands are clean. A heart- rate reading will show on the display. Factors that interfere with pulse signal are:
- Hand lotions, oils or body powder.
- Excessive dirt.
- Excessive movement.
NOTE: Heart-rate is calculated by PPM (Pulsations per minute).
As you exercise, the bike keeps track of the following data:
- Time: The total time you have been working out or time remaining. Display time as hours: minutes.
- Speed: Your current speed, displayed in kilometres per hour (km/h).
- Distance: The total accumulated distance, in kilometres during your workout.
- Calories: The total accumulated calories burned during your workout.
- Heart-rate: Your current heart-rate. Heart-rate will appear when a pulse signal is detected. Use the sensor plates on the handlebars to display your heart-rate.
- Odometer: The total accumulated distance, in kilometers since the bike has been first used.
- Scan: Automatically scans through each mode in sequence every six seconds.
When you first power on the monitor it will be set in a scan mode, displaying all your data every few seconds. There will be a scan graphic in the top left corner to indicate this, to exit scan mode press the mode button.
Out of scan mode, continually press the mode button to change what function is displayed. Along the bottom of the screen there will be text indiciating what function is showing.
With the JF100 monitor you are able to set a target time, distance, calories and pulse. Press the mode button until the function you want to set is showing, then press the set button continually to increase the digits. Once you’ve set your target, you can either set another by pressing the mode button to move onto the next setting or start pedalling to begin your workout.
RESETTING YOUR MONITOR
To reset the digits on your monitor press and hold the reset button, this will return everything to zero.
Maintenance must be performed on a regular basis. Performing maintenance actions can aid in providing safe and trouble-free operation of all JLL® equipment.
JLL® are not responsible for performing regular inspection and maintenance actions for your machine. JLL® representatives are available to answer any questions that you may have on +44 (0)800 6123 988.
PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE ACTIVITIES
Every JLL® bike that comes from the factory is already maintained, however, you just need to follow simple steps to keep it in fully working condition. Keeping the bike in a clean state will help to prolong its life. Perform regular preventive maintenance to ensure normal operation of the unit. Keep a log of all maintenance actions to assist in staying current with all preventive maintenance activities. JLL® is not responsible for performing regular inspection or maintenance.
Read all instructions and warnings listed both in this chapter and in the Safety chapter. During maintenance, disconnect the power cable. Contact JLL® Customer Service on +44 (0)800 6123 988 for any maintenance or service concerns.
- Dry cloth
Depending on where the bike is placed, you may experience dry air, causing a common experience of static electricity. You can notice that by walking across a carpet and then touching a metal object. On your bike you may experience a shock due to the build-up of static electricity on your body and the discharge path of the bike. If you experience this type of situation, you may want to increase the humidity to a comfortable level through the use of a humidifier.
Check your machine regularly for rust. If rust starts to appear on the screws it means the item is not housed in the correct environment and will need to be moved to a more suitable room. Any rust will indicate there may be moisture in the air and as a result this could impact on the integrity and performance of your machine.
EXERCISE BIKE CLEANING
After every workout use a neat, dry cloth for cleaning the bike and the handlebars to prevent the machine of corrosion. Wipe away any sweat that may have dripped onto the monitor or handlebars. Avoid scratching the display by using a soft cloth.
Contaminants, such as hand lotions, oils or body powder, may come off on the sensor plates. These can reduce sensitivity and interfere with the pulse signal. It is recommended that the user has clean hands when making contact with the sensor plates. Clean the handles using a cloth dampened with water. Do not use abrasive or chemical cleaning agents.
Vacuum or sweep the floor underneath and around the bike to prevent any dust going into the machine. A treadmill mat can help to reduce dust.
EXERCISE BIKE BALANCE
Place the bike on a level floor to avoid it being off-balance.
Check if the bike is balanced:
- Without being on the bike, place your hands on the handlebars.
- Gently try to rock the machine from side to side.
- If you feel any vibrations, adjust the plastic caps located on the stabilisers.
|⚠️WARNING: EQUIPMENT HAZARD
To avoid serious injury or death:
In case any issues arise, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Service team on +44 (0)800 6123 988 or email us at [email protected]
You can also visit our support centre at SUPPORT.JLLFITNESS.CO.UK for maintenance and assembly articles & videos.
- You should consult your physician, doctor or other health care professional before starting or taking part in any of our workout guides. It is your responsibility to evaluate your own health before taking part or performing any physical activity you may see associated with JLL Fitness Ltd.
- Always seek professional advice before changing your diet or starting any exercise program.
- JLL Fitness Ltd is not liable for any injuries or damages that may occur whenassembling or using this exercise bike.
- By reading this you assume full responsibility for any injuries or changes to your physical well-being. You waive all rights and release JLL Fitness Ltd of blame from any injuries or damages to property that may occur whilst following our advice.
- This manual offers specific instructions on how to assemble and maintain your exercise bike. Failure to follow these directions may result in your warranty being void.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter @JLLFitness
© JLL Fitness Ltd . All Rights Reserved.
Download Manual PDF
JLL JF100 Upright Exercise Bike
User Manual PDF Download