LA Crosse Technology LTV-W1 Wind
Sensor User Manual
- Twist battery cover left to remove from sensor.
- Insert two “C” batteries into the LTV-W1 sensor
- Wind speed
- Replaceable wind cups
- Blue LED flashes with each transmission
Replace Wind Cups
- Loosen the screw on side of cups
- Remove cups
- Install new cups
- Tighten screw on flat side of stem
Position Wind Sensor
- For the most accurate wind speed readings, mount the LTV-W1 sensor as the highest object for 50 feet in all directions.
- Cups should be on the top of the sensor. Mount vertically.
- The maximum wireless transmission range to the wind station is over 400 feet (121 meters) in open air, not including walls or trees.
- Insert mounting pole into sensor.
- Tighten screws
- Insert bottom of pole into mounting bracket
- Tighten knob to secure
- Use screws through the bottom of the mounting bracket to attach.
- The sensor can be mounted from the bottom or side.
- Insert your own mounting pole into the sensor.
- Tighten screws
- Mounting bracket would not be used.
Note: Do not attempt to insert a pole into the hollow back of the mounting bracket.
- Wind Speed Range: 0 – 99 mph (0-159 kMh)
- Transmission Range: 400 ft (121 m) RF 433MHz open air
- Batteries: 2-C, IEC, LR14 batteries (not included)
- Battery Life: over 24 months with reputable batteries
- Dimensions: 7.10” L x 7.10” W x 18.57” H (18.03cm L x 18.03cm W x 47.17cm H)
Your sensor has a bar code and ID number. This ID number locks your sensor into your station. Follow the instructions in your station manual to delete the sensor ID for sensor replacement.
La Crosse View™ compatible system:
The sensor ID and bar code are recognized by the La Crosse View™ app if you are using this sensor as an add-on to your existing La Crosse View™ compatible system.
To add this sensor to your existing La Crosse View™ compatible system:
- Open your La Crosse View™ app to add sensors.
- From Main Menu – select “Devices” under “Add/Edit”
- On Edit Devices page – select “ADD DEVICE”
- Scan Device ID – Scan the bar code on your sensor or press inside the Device ID search box to enter your code manually. Once entered, select “Search”.
- On Confirm Device page – Confirm the sensor image and model number are correct and select “YES”
- On Enter Device and Location Names page – enter Device Name and select a location or enter a Location Name for your sensor. Select “DONE”.
Note: This sensor cannot connect to the La Crosse View app without a La Crosse View compatible station. Station’s that are La Crosse View compatible have built-in Wi-Fi capabilities that send your sensor’s data to the La Crosse View app. For more information about our new connected stations visit:
Let’s Be Social!
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Follow us on our social media outlets for the latest promotions, product support, and awesome giveaways.
Help Us, Help You!
If you have ideas for features or support solutions you’d like to see us make, please let us know! We truly want to make owning a La Crosse Technology product not only a practical experience, but also a fun one. So email us at: [email protected]
Warranty and Support
La Crosse Technology, Ltd. provides a 1-year limited time warranty (from date of purchase) on this product relating to manufacturing defects in materials & workmanship.
Before returning a product, please contact our friendly customer support or visit our online help:
View full warranty details online at:
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no
guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation.
If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
This device must not be co-located or operating in conjunction with any other antenna or transmitter.
Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
(1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and
(2) This device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
The manufacturer is not responsible for any radio or TV interference caused by unauthorized changes or modifications to this equipment. Such changes or modifications could void the user authority to operate the equipment.
This equipment must be installed and operated in accordance with provided instructions and the antenna(s) used for this transmitter must be installed to provide a separation distance of at least 20 cm from all persons and must not be co-located or operating in conjunction with any other antenna or transmitter.
All rights reserved. This manual may not be reproduced in any form, even in part, or duplicated or processed using electronic, mechanical or chemical process without the written permission of the publisher. This booklet may contain errors or misprints. The information it contains is regularly checked and corrections are included in subsequent.
LA Crosse Technology LTV-W1 Wind Sensor User Manual PDF Download