Lasko 2551 Portable Electric 42″ Oscillating Tower
Fan with Nighttime Setting User Manual
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
GENERAL SAFETY INFORMATION
When using electrical appliances, basic precautions should always be followed to reduce the risk of fire, elec- trical shock and injury to persons, including the following:
Read all instructions before using this Fan.
- Make certain the power source conforms to the electrical requirements of the Fan.
- Make certain that the room is equipped with a working smoke detector.
- Use this Fan only as described in this manual. Any other use not recommended by the manufacturer may cause fire, electrical shock, or injury to persons.
- To reduce the risk of personal injury and electric shock, the Fan should not be played with or placed where small children can reach it.
- Unplug power cord before installing, servicing, or moving the Fan.
DO NOT DEPEND ON THE ON/OFF SWITCH AS THE SOLE MEANS OF DISCONNECTING POWER WHEN SERVICING OR MOVING THE FAN. ALWAYS UNPLUG THE POWER CORD. ALWAYS TURN OFF AND UNPLUG FAN BEFORE LEAVING THE AREA. NEVER LEAVE CHILDREN UNATTENDED WHEN THE FAN IS ON OR PLUGGED IN.
- This Fan must NOT be used in potentially dangerous locations such as flammable, explosive, chemical-laden or wet atmospheres where gasoline, paint or flammable liquids are used or stored.
- DO NOT use Fan in or near a window. Rain may create an electrical hazard.
- Completely assemble Fan, according to instructions, before connecting to power supply.
This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). To reduce the risk of electric shock, this plug is intended to fit in a polarized outlet only one way. Match wide blade of plug to wide slot. Fully insert. If the plug does not fit fully in the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. DO NOT attempt to defeat this safety feature. This plug is a safety feature, to reduce the risk of fire, electric shock and personal injury. DO NOT remove, replace, repair or tamper with the originally supplied plug. If the Fan does not function properly, it may be due to the safety device incorporated in this plug. Return to an authorized service center or call 800-233-0268, Monday – Friday, between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. EST. If the plug warning label is missing or damaged, call the toll free number for a replacement label.
- Where possible, avoid the use of extension cords because the extension cord may overheat and cause a fire. If you must use an extension cord, minimize the risk of overheating by using the shortest cord possible and ensuring that it is UL listed. NEVER use a single extension cord to operate more than one Fan. Do not plug Fan into any other cord connected device, such as a power strip, cord reel, surge protector, multiple outlet adapters or outlet type air fresheners. The use of such devices may create a fire hazard.
- NEVER operate any Fan with a damaged cord or plug or after the Fan malfunctions, has been dropped or damaged in any manner. There are no user serviceable parts. Return Fan to an authorized service facility for examination, electrical or mechanical adjustment or repair.
- NEVER insert or allow fingers or foreign objects to enter any ventilation or exhaust opening as it may cause an electric shock or fire, or damage the Fan. To reduce the risk of fire, DO NOT block or tamper with the Fan in any manner while it is in operation.
- Always place the Fan on a stable, flat, level surface when operating, to avoid the chance of the Fan overturning. Locate the Power Cord so the Fan or other objects are not resting on it. DO NOT run Power Cord under carpeting. DO NOT cover Power Cord with throw rugs, runners or the like. Arrange Power Cord away from room traffic and where it will not be tripped over.
- This Fan is not intended for use in wet or damp locations. Never locate a Fan where it may fall into a bathtub or other water container. NEVER use Fan where flammable liquids are used or stored.
- NEVER use Fan outdoors.
- Remote controls for other appliances or electronic equipment can sometimes interfere with the operation of this Fan. If this occurs, move the fan to another location.
- Keep Fan remote unit away from chairs and your bed where it may be sat or laid upon and inadvertently turn on the Fan.
- This Fan is not suitable for use in agricultural facilities including areas where livestock, poultry or other animals are confined. Please refer to National Electric Code (NEC) Article 547-7 (2008), or ap- plicable state or local codes or standards relating to electrical requirements for Agricultural Buildings. THIS FAN DOES NOT MEET THE REQUIREMENTS OF NEC ARTICLE 547-7 (2008).
- This Fan is not suitable for use in hazardous locations. Please refer to National Electric Code (NEC) Article 500 or applicable state or local codes or standards relating to electrical requirements for Hazardous locations. THIS FAN DOES NOT MEET THE REQUIREMENTS OF NEC ARTICLE 500 (2008).
REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE OR ELECTRIC SHOCK – DO NOT USE THIS FAN WITH ANY SOLID STATE SPEED CONTROL DEVICES. TOOLS REQUIRED FOR ASSEMBLY (not included)- #2 Phillips Head Screwdriver.
- For ease of assembly, lay the Fan down so that the front grill and control panel are facing up.
- Assemble the Support Base Halves by interlocking the bosses on Support Base A into the Boss Holes on Support Base B. Thread the Power Supply Cord through the large hole in the center of the Support Base Assembly. (Figure 1)
- Secure (2) #8 X 1/2″ screws into the two outer holes in the bottom of the Base. (Figure 2)
- Assemble the Bases by interlocking the bosses on Support Base A into the Boss Holes on Support Base B. Thread the Power Supply Cord through the large hole in the center of the Support Base Assembly. (Figure 3)
- Install batteries supplied as shown in Figure 4. The battery is size “AAA”.
- Do not mix old and new batteries. Do not mix alkaline, standard (carbon-zinc) or rechargeable (nickel- cadmium) batteries.
- DO NOT DISPOSE OF BATTERIES IN FIRE. BATTERIES MAY EXPLODE OR LEAK
This Fan may be operated by the Manual Controls located on front of the unit or by the Remote Control (shown in Figure 4).
- Place the Fan on a firm and level surface.
- Plug the cord set into a 120 volt outlet. Be sure that the plug fits tightly into outlet. When plugs fit loosely into receptacles, they may slip partially or completely out of the receptacle with only the slight movement of the attached cord. Receptacles in this condition may overheat and pose a serious fire hazard; if covered by a curtain or drape, the fire hazard is even greater.
- Apply power to the Fan by pushing the Power Button .
- FAN SPEED: You may now adjust the fan speed to the desired level, 1 (Low), 2 (Medium), or 3 (High) by pressing the Fan Speed Button .
- OSCILLATION: Press the Oscillation Button to start and stop the oscillation function.
- TIMER FUNCTION: This fan is equipped with a timer. The timer can be set for 1/2 hour to 7 1/2 hours. Continue pressing the Timer Button to reach the desired time setting. To cancel timer, press Timer Button until lights are extinguished.
- IONIZER: The ionizer function on this Fan will operate within any speed mode. Press the Ion Button (ION ) once to turn this function on and a second time to turn it off. The Fan must be ON for the ionizer to be functional. When the ionizer is turned on it will assist in the purification of the room air.
- After turning the Fan off, unplug the unit from the electrical outlet.
To reduce the risk of electrical shock and fire please observe the following instructions:
– Always unplug the cord before moving, servicing or cleaning.
– NEVER place the Fan in or near water.
– Clean the Fan only with a vacuum equipped with a brush attachment; the vacuum will remove the lint and dirt from inside the Fan.
– NEVER attempt to take apart the Fan.
– Clean the body of the Fan with a soft cloth only.
– NEVER use ALCOHOL or SOLVENTS such as gasoline, benzene, paint thinner, or other harsh cleaners.
SERVICING: All other servicing, with the exception of general user maintenance, should be performed by an authorized service representative. Call 1-800-233-0268, Monday through Friday, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. EST for the location of your nearest service center.
STORAGE: Store the Fan with these instructions, in the original carton in a cool, dry place.
LASKO PRODUCTS, INC. LIMITED WARRANTY
(NOT VALID IN MEXICO)
WHAT THIS WARRANTY COVERS: This product is warranted against defects in workmanship and/or materials.
HOW LONG THIS WARRANTY LASTS: This warranty extends only to the original purchaser of the product and lasts for one (1) year from the date of original purchase or until the original purchaser of the product sells or transfers the product, whichever first occurs.
WHAT LASKO WILL DO: During the warranty period, Lasko will, at its sole option, repair or replace any part or parts that prove to be defective or replace the whole product with the same or comparable model.
WHAT THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER: This warranty does not apply if the product was damaged or failed because of accident, improper handling or operation, shipping damage, abuse, misuse, unauthorized repairs made or attempted. This warranty does not cover shipping costs for the return of products to Lasko for repair or replacement. Lasko will pay return shipping charges from Lasko following warranty repairs or replacement.
ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY), LAST ONE YEAR FROM THE DATE OF ORIGINAL PURCHASE OR UNTIL THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER OF THE PRODUCT SELLS OR TRANSFERS THE PRODUCT, WHICHEVER FIRST OCCURS AND IN NO EVENT SHALL LASKO’S LIABILITY UNDER ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY INCLUDE (I) INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES FROM ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, OR (II) REPLACMENT OR REPAIR OF ANY HOUSE FUSES, CIRCUIT BREAKERS OR RECEPTACLES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY, IN NO EVENT SHALL LASKO’S LIABILITY UNDER ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY EXCEED THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE PRODUCT AND ANY SUCH LIABILITY SHALL TERMINATE UPON THE EXPIRATION OF THE WARRANTY PERIOD.
Some states and provinces do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, or the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so these exclusions or limitations may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may also have other rights which vary from state to state and province to province. Proof of purchase is required before a warranty claim will be accepted.
Toll-Free (800) 233-0268. Email: [email protected]
Our Customer Service team is available to assist you with product questions, service center locations, and replacement parts. They can be reached Monday through Friday, 8am-5pm Eastern. Please have your model number available, as well as the type and style (located on the underside of your product). Please do not return product to place of purchase. Customer Service Dept., 820 Lincoln Ave., West Chester, PA 19380 (Please do not send product to this location) www.laskoproducts.com
Download Manual PDF
Lasko 2551 Portable Electric 42″ Oscillating Tower
Fan with Nighttime Setting User Manual PDF Download