Lasko U12104 High Velocity Pro Pivoting
Utility Fan for Cooling User Manual
Register Your Product Today
You will benefit from:
– Efficient and enhanced support
– Future product updates
Have a Question? Need a Part?
Please Do Not Return Product to Store!
Contact Lasko Customer Service:
(800) 233-0268 Monday-Friday 8AM – 5PM EST.
(Valid in the USA, its Territories, and CANADA Only)
Read and Save These Instructions
Read carefully before attempting to assemble, install, operate or maintain the product described. Protect yourself and others by observing all safety information. failure to comply with instructions could result in personal injury and/or property damage!
This Fan is for residential use only. It is not intended to be used in commercial, industrial or agricultural settings.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
When using electrical appliances, these instructions and warnings should always be followed to reduce the risk of fire, electrical shock and injury to persons:
Read all instructions before using this Fan.
TO REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE, ELECTRICAL SHOCK OR PERSONAL INJURY, ALWAYS FOLLOW THESE IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS AND WARNINGS:
DO NOT use this Fan to ventilate areas where flammable liquids or vapors are used, stored or are present, including paints, gasoline, varnishes, floor refinishing products or solvents. ALWAYS read and follow all warnings and instructions on the containers for these products!
ALWAYS be sure the plug fits tightly into the outlet. When plugs fit loosely into outlets, they may slip partially out of the outlet and create a poor connection. This may cause outlets to overheat and create a potential fire hazard. Outlets in this condition should be replaced by a qualified electrician.
ALWAYS unplug the power cord when servicing, cleaning or moving the Fan. DO NOT use the ON/OFF switch as the sole means of disconnecting power. NEVER leave children unattended when the Fan is on or plugged in. ALWAYS turn off and unplug the Fan when not in use.
BE CERTAIN that the power source for the Fan is 120V AC.
DO NOT plug the Fan into 240V or other power source. The power cord is equipped with a three-prong ground ed plug that must be in sert ed into a match ing re cep ta cle. Un der no cir cum stanc es should the ground prong be cut off the plug nor should two prong adapters be used. Where a two-prong wall re cep ta cle is en coun tered, it must be re placed with a properly ground ed three-prong re cep ta cle in stalled in accordance with the Na tion al Elec tri cal Code (NEC) and all ap pli ca ble local codes and or di nanc es. This work must be done by a qual i fied elec tri cian, using copper wires only.
- AVOID the use of extension cords, power strips, power taps, outlet style air fresheners or other cord connected device, as these devices may overheat and cause a fire hazard.
- DO NOT route power cord under rugs, carpets, runners or furniture. This may damage the cord or cause it to overheat creating a fire hazard.
- ALWAYS place the Fan on a stable, flat, level surface while in operation to prevent the Fan from overturning.
- NEVER insert or allow fingers or objects to enter grill openings while Fan is in operation or injury and/or damage to the Fan may occur.
- DO NOT block, cover or obstruct air flow to or from the Fan while in operation.
- DO NOT use this Fan outdoors or near water or wet locations such as a bath tub, pool or hot tub. Use of this Fan in a wet location may create a shock hazard.
- DO NOT run cord under carpeting. Do not cover cord with throw rugs, runners, or similar coverings. Do not route cord under furniture or appliances. Arrange cord away from traffic area and where it will not be tripped over.
- NEVER use a single extension cord to operate more than one Fan or other electrical device.
- DO NOT use this Fan if it has been damaged or is not functioning properly.
- THIS FAN DOES NOT MEET THE REQUIREMENTS OF NEC ARTICLE 547-7 (2008). This Fan is not suitable for use in agricultural facilities including areas where livestock, poultry or other animals are confined. Please refer to National Electric Code (NEC) Article 547-7 (2008), or applicable state or local codes or standards relating to electrical requirements for agricultural buildings.
- THIS FAN DOES NOT MEET THE REQUIREMENTS OF NEC ARTICLE 500 (2008). This Fan is not suitable for use in hazardous locations. Please refer to National Electric Code (NEC) Article 500 or applicable state or local codes or standards relating to electrical requirements for hazardous locations.
NOTICE: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures: Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna. Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver. Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected. Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help. The user is cautioned that changes and modifications made to the equipment without the approval of manufacturer could void the user’s authority to operate this equipment.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
To reduce the risk of electrical shock and fire please observe the following instructions:
– Always unplug the cord before moving, servicing or cleaning.
– NEVER place the Fan in or near water.
– Clean the Fan only with a vacuum equipped with a brush attachment; the vacuum will remove the lint and dirt from inside the Fan.
– NEVER attempt to take apart the Fan.
– Clean the body of the Fan with a soft cloth only.
– NEVER use ALCOHOL or SOLVENTS such as gasoline, benzene, paint thinner, or other harsh cleaners.
TROUBLE SHOOTING TIPS
If your Fan fails to operate, see below for a probable cause and solution:
Be sure the power cord is plugged into a working electrical outlet.
If you have a problem that can not be resolved by the steps listed above, contact Technical Assistance at (800) 233-0268,
Monday through Friday, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Eastern.
SERVICING: For servicing, other than general user maintenance, please contact Customer Service at (800) 233-0268, Monday through Friday, from 8am-5pm Eastern.
STORAGE: Store the Fan with these instructions, in the original carton in a cool, dry place.
LUBRICATION: Motor is permanently lubricated.
DISPOSITION: Corrugated packaging materials are recyclable. For environmentally responsible disposal of this product, contact your local waste service provider or visit www.1800recycling.com®.
LASKO PRODUCTS, LLC LIMITED WARRANTY (VALID IN THE USA, ITS TERRITORIES, AND CANADA ONLY)
WHAT THIS WARRANTY COVERS: This product is warranted against defects in workmanship and/or materials.
HOW LONG THIS WARRANTY LASTS: This warranty extends only to the original purchaser of the product and lasts for one (1) year from the date of original purchase or until the original purchaser of the product sells or transfers the product, whichever first occurs.
WHAT LASKO WILL DO: During the warranty period, Lasko will, at its sole option, repair or replace any part or parts that prove to be defective or replace the whole product with the same or comparable model. For all warranty claims, the product must be returned to Lasko Products, LLC at customer expense with proof of purchase within the warranty period. Contact the Lasko customer service department to obtain a Return Authorization (“RA”). DO NOT return products without an RA or the warranty claim will not be processed.
WHAT THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER: This warranty does not apply if the product was damaged or failed because of accident, improper handling or operation, shipping damage, abuse, misuse, unauthorized repairs made or attempted. This warranty does not cover shipping costs for the return of products to Lasko for repair or replacement. Lasko will pay return shipping charges from Lasko following warranty repairs or replacement.
ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY), LAST ONE YEAR FROM THE DATE OF ORIGINAL PURCHASE OR UNTIL THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER OF THE PRODUCT SELLS OR TRANSFERS THE PRODUCT, WHICHEVER FIRST OCCURS AND IN NO EVENT SHALL LASKO’S LIABILITY UNDER ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY INCLUDE (I) INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES FROM ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, OR (II) REPLACEMENT OR REPAIR OF ANY HOUSE FUSES, CIRCUIT BREAKERS OR RECEPTACLES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY, IN NO EVENT SHALL LASKO’S LIABILITY UNDER ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY EXCEED THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE PRODUCT AND ANY SUCH LIABILITY SHALL TERMINATE UPON THE EXPIRATION OF THE WARRANTY PERIOD.
Some states and provinces do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, or the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so these exclusions or limitations may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may also have other rights which vary from state to state and province to province. Proof of purchase is required before a warranty claim will be accepted.
Toll-Free (800) 233-0268. Email: [email protected]
Our Customer Service team is available to assist you with product and service questions, and replacement parts. They can be reached Monday through Friday, 8am-5pm Eastern. Please have your model number available, as well as the type and style (located on the underside of your product).
Customer Service Dept., 820 Lincoln Ave., West Chester, PA 19380
(Please do not send product to this location) www.lasko.com
Manual printed in China
Registre su producto hoy
Podrás disfrutar de los siguientes beneficios:
– Soporte eficiente y avanzado
– Actualizaciones acerca del producto en el futuro
Tiene Preguntas? Necesita una Parte?
Por favor no regrese el producto a la tienda!
Contacte al departamento de servicio al cliente
de Lasko Products: (800) 233-0268
Lunes – Viernes 8am a 5pm (Tiempo del Este)
(Válido en EE.UU., sus territorios, y Canadá únicamente)
Lea y Guarde Estas Instrucciones
Lea cuidadosamente las instrucciones antes de intentar armar, instalar, usar o dar mantenimiento al producto descrito. Protéjase a sí mismo y a los demás cumpliendo con toda la información de seguridad. El no seguir las instrucciones podría resultar en lesiones personales y/o daños a la propiedad.
Este Ventilador es sólo para uso residencial. No está destinado para ser usado en instalaciones comerciales, industriales o agricultura.
Download Manual PDF
Lasko U12104 High Velocity Pro Pivoting
Utility Fan for Cooling User Manual PDF Download