Midea EM025FXX-Y Microwave Oven User Manual
PRECAUTIONS TO AVOID POSSIBLE EXPOSURE TO EXCESSIVE MICROWAVE ENERGY
- (a) Do not attempt to operate this oven with the door open since this can result in harmful exposure to microwave energy. It is important not to defeat or tamper with the safety interlocks.
- (b) Do not place any object between the oven front face and the door or allow soil or cleaner residue to accumulate on sealing surfaces.
- (c) Do not operate the oven if it is damaged. It is particularly important that the oven door closes properly and that there is no damage to the: (1) DOOR (bent) (2) HINGES AND LATCHES (broken or loosened) (3) DOOR SEALS AND SEALING SURFACE
- (d) The oven should not be adjusted or repaired by anyone except properly qualified service personnel.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS WARNING
To reduce the risk of burns, electric shock, fire, injury to persons or exposure to excessive microwave oven energy when using your appliance, follow basic safety precautions, including the following:
- Read all instructions before using the appliance.
- Read and follow the specific: “PRECAU- TIONS TO AVOID POSSIBLE EXPOSURE TO EXCESSIVE MICROWAVE ENERGY” found on page 2.
- As with most cooking appliances, close supervision is necessary to reduce the risk of a fire in the oven cavity.
- To reduce the risk of fire in the oven cavity:
i). Do not overcook food. Carefully attend the appliance when paper, plastic, or other combustible materials are placed inside the oven to facilitate cooking.
ii).Remove wire twist-ties and metal handles from paper or plastic containers/bags before placing them in the oven.
iii). If materials inside the oven ignite, keep the oven door closed. Turn the oven off, and unplug the appliance. Disconnect the power cord, shut off power at the fuse or circuit breaker panel.
iv). Do not use the oven cavity for storage purposes. Do not leave paper products, cooking utensils, or food in the cavity when not in use.
- This oven must be grounded. Connect only to properly grounded outlet. See “GROUNDING INSTRUCTIONS” found on page 4.
- Install or locate this oven only in accordance with the installation instructions provided.
- Some products such as whole eggs and sealed containers-for example, closed glass jars-are able to explode and should not be heated in the oven.
- Use this appliance only for its intended uses as described in this manual. Do not use corrosive chemicals or vapours in this appliance. This oven is specifically designed to heat or cook or dry food. It is not designed for industrial or laboratory use.
- As with any appliance, close supervision is necessary when used by children.
- Do not operate this oven if it has a damaged cord or plug, if it is not working properly or if it has been damaged or dropped.
- This appliance should be serviced only by qualified service technicians. Contact the nearest authorized service facility for examination, repair or adjustment.
- Do not cover or block any openings on the oven.
- Do not store or use this appliance outdoors.
- Do not use this oven near water, for example, near a kitchen sink, in a wet basement, near a swimming pool, or similar locations.
- Do not immerse cord or plug in water.
- Keep cord away from heated surfaces.
- Do not let cord hang over edge of table or counter.
- When cleaning surfaces of door and oven that comes together on closing the door, use only mild, nonabrasive soaps or detergents applied with a sponge or soft cloth.
- Liquids, such as water, coffee, or tea are able to be overheated beyond the boiling point without appearing to be boiling. Visible bubbling or boiling when the container is removed from the microwave oven is not always present. THIS COULD RESULT IN VERY HOT LIQUIDS SUDDENLY BOILING OVER WHEN THE CONTAINER IS DISTURBED OR A SPOON OR OTHER UTENSIL IS INSERTED INTO THE LIQUID. i) Do not overheat the liquid.
ii) Stir the liquid both before and halfway through heating it.
iii) Do not use straight-sided containers with narrow necks.
iv) After heating, allow the container to stand in the microwave oven for a short time before removing the container.
v) Use extreme care when inserting a spoon or other utensil into the container.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
Electric Shock Hazard Touching some of the internal components can cause serious personal injury or death. Do not disassemble this appliance. Midea EM025FXX-Y Microwave Oven
Electric Shock Hazard Improper use of the grounding can result in electric shock. Do not plug into an outlet until appliance is properly installed and grounded. Three-pronged (grounding) plug Midea EM025FXX-Y Microwave Oven
This appliance must be grounded. In the event of an electrical short circuit, grounding reduces the risk of electric shock by providing an escape wire for the electric current. This appliance is equipped with a cord having grounding wire with a grounding plug. The plug must be plugged into an outlet that is properly installed and grounded.
Consult a qualified electrician or serviceman if the grounding instructions are not completely understood or if doubt exists as to whether the appliance is properly grounded. If it is necessary to use an extension cord, use only a 3-wire extension cord that has a 3-pronged grounding plug, and a 3-slot receptacle that will accept the plug on the appliance. The marked rating of the extension cord shall be equal to or greater than the electrical rating of the appliance. Midea EM025FXX-Y Microwave Oven
- A short power-supply cord is provided to reduce the risks resulting from becoming entangled in or tripping over a longer cord. best microwaves
- Longer cord sets or extension cords are available and may be used if cared is exercised in their use. Midea EM025FXX-Y Microwave Oven
- If a long cord sets or extension cord is used:
- The marked electrical rating of the cord set or extension marked electrical rating of the cord set or extension cord should be at least as great as the electrical rating of the appliance.
- The extension cord must be a grounding-type 3-wire cord; and Midea EM025FXX-Y Microwave Oven
- The longer cord should be arranged so that it will not drape over the countertop or tabletop where it can be pulled on by children or tripped over unintentionally.
- Operation of the microwave oven may cause interference to your radio, TV or similar equipment. Midea EM025FXX-Y Microwave Oven
- When there is interference, it may be reduced or eliminated by taking the following measures:
- Clean door and sealing surface of the oven
- Reorient the receiving antenna of radio or television.
- Relocate the microwave oven with respect to the receiver.
- Move the microwave oven away from the receiver.
- Plug the microwave oven into a different outlet so that microwave oven and receiver are on different branch circuits.
Personal Injury Hazard Tightly-closed utensils could explode. Closed containers should be opened and plastic pouches should be pierced before cooking.
See the instructions on “Materials you can use in microwave oven or to be avoided in microwave oven.” There may be certain non-metallic utensils that are not safe to use for microwaving. If in doubt, you can test the utensil in question following the procedure below. Midea EM025FXX-Y Microwave Oven
- Fill a microwave-safe container with 1 cup of cold water (250ml) along with the utensil in question. Midea EM025FXX-Y Microwave Oven
- Cook on maximum power for 1 minute.
- Carefully feel the utensil. If the empty utensil is warm, do not use it for microwave cooking.
- Do not exceed 1 minute cooking time. small microwaves
Materials you can use in microwave oven
Materials to be avoided in microwave oven
SETTING UP YOUR OVEN
Names of Oven Parts and Accessories in cabinet microwave
Remove the oven and all materials from the carton and oven cavity. Your oven comes with the following accessories: Instruction Manual Midea EM025FXX-Y Microwave Oven
- A) Control panel
- B) Observation window
- C) Door assembly
- D) Safety interlock system
Note: 1) Don’t press the ceramic board forcibly. red microwave
2) Take and put the ceramic board gently during the operation.
3) After the unit be using, don’t touch the ceramic board by hand because of the high temperature. Midea EM025FXX-Y Microwave Oven
Remove all packing material and accessories. Examine the oven for any damage such as dents or broken door. Do not install if oven is damaged.
Cabinet: Remove any protective film found on the microwave oven cabinet surface. Do not remove the light brown Mica cover that is attached to the oven cavity to protect the magnetron. Midea EM025FXX-Y Microwave Oven
- Select a level surface that provide enough open space for the intake and/or outlet vents guangdong midea kitchen appliances manufacturing.
A minimum clearance of 3.0 inches (7.5cm) is required between the oven and any adjacent walls. One side must be open.
- Leave a minimum clearance of 12 inches (30cm) above the oven. Midea EM025FXX-Y Microwave Oven
- Do not remove the legs from the bottom of the oven.
- Blocking the intake and/or outlet openings can damage the oven.
- Place the oven as far away from radios and TV as possible. Operation of microwave oven may cause interference to your radio or TV reception.
- Select a level surface that provide enough open space for the intake and/or outlet vents guangdong midea kitchen appliances manufacturing.
- Plug your oven into a standard household outlet. Be sure the voltage and the frequency is the same as the voltage and the frequency on the rating label.
WARNING: Do not install oven over a range cooktop or other heat-producing appliance. If installed near or over a heat source, the oven could be damaged and the warranty would be void. Midea EM025FXX-Y Microwave Oven
Always keep the oven clean
- Cleaning the glass viewing window, the inner door panel and oven front face. For best performance and to maintain the high degree of safety, the inner door panel and oven front face should be free of food or grease build-up. Wipe these parts with a mild detergent, rinse and wipe dry. Never use abrasive powders or pads. Midea EM025FXX-Y Microwave Oven
- Cleaning the control panel and plastic parts. Do not apply a detergent or an alkaline liquid spray to the control panel and plastic parts, as this may cause damage to these parts. Use a dry cloth (not a soaked cloth) to clean these parts. Midea EM025FXX-Y Microwave Oven
- Cleaning the oven interior After use be sure to clean up spilled liquids, spattered oil and food debris as quickly as possible. If the oven is used when dirty, efficiency drops and the dirt gets stuck on the oven surface and may cause bad odours. Clean the interior with a cloth soaked in luke-warm water with a mild detergent dissolved in it, then rinse the soap off with a damp cloth. Midea EM025FXX-Y Microwave Oven
CAUTION: Do Not wipe plastic and painted sections of the oven with bleach, thinners or other cleaning agents, as this may cause these parts to dissolve or change sharp.
Five power levels are available.
Appendix. A User Options
Items bolded below are the default values.
Appendix. B Default Cook Times
- Power Up
” _ _ _ _ ” displays when the oven is electrified for the first time. If “” button pressed, the oven will change to idle mode. Note: Under idle mode, no button can be pressed.
- Idle Mode
- Entry. The oven shall enter idle mode after a set of seconds have expired in Ready Mode without a keyboard press or a door open and close. The number of seconds is determined by the keyboard Timeout Window, set by User Option 4. Midea EM025FXX-Y Microwave Oven
- During idle mode, LED is blank. And there shall be no oven activity.
- Opening and then closing the oven door, the oven will exit the idle mode and into ready mode.
- Ready Mode
- In this mode, the oven is ready to either begin a manual or preset cook cycle.
- Opening and closing the door while the oven is in Idle Mode will put the oven into Ready Mode. 2) During Ready Mode, “0:00” displays. Midea EM025FXX-Y Microwave Oven
- From the Ready Mode, the oven can go to almost all of the other modes.
- Door Open Mode
- While the door of the oven is open, the oven shall be in Door Open Mode. This shall also allow for entry into Programming Mode. Whenever the door is open, the oven shall enter this mode. Midea EM025FXX-Y Microwave Oven
- During this mode, LED is blank. And the fan and oven lamp work.
- When the door is closed, if User Option OP:60 is selected and the oven was running a manual or preset cook cycle, the oven shall enter Pause Mode. In all other cases, the oven shall return to Ready Mode with User Option OP:61 set, opening and closing the door will clear out any information about a Manual or Preset Program which was running. Midea EM025FXX-Y Microwave Oven
- Pause Mode
- This mode allow the users to temporarily stop the cooking cycle to inspect or stir the food item.
- While in Manual Cook Mode, or Preset Program Cook Mode, if the door is open or closed, or if the ” ” pad is pressed, the oven will enter Pause Mode.
- While paused, LED will display the remaining cooking time. Midea EM025FXX-Y Microwave Oven
- Pause Mode will expire back to Idle Mode in the exact fashion as Ready Mode, dependent on User Option 4. Additionally, if the ” ” button is pressed, the oven shall immediately enter Ready Mode. OR if press “ ” button, the oven will go into working mode.
- Manual Cook Entry Mode
- Manual Cook Mode
- This mode allows cooking of the food items. While in Manual Cook Entry Mode, pressing the “ ” pad will cause to the oven to begin Manual Cook Mode.
- During this mode, remaining cooking time displays. The fan and oven lamp will light. Midea EM025FXX-Y Microwave Oven
- When cooking program finish, the oven will enter End of Cook Cycle Mode.
If you press ” ” button under this mode, the oven will enter Pause Mode.
- End of Cook Cycle Mode
- After the time has expired in a Manual Cook Mode, or a Preset Program Cook Mode, the oven shall go into The End of Cook Cycle Mode.
- During this mode, “End” displays. Midea EM025FXX-Y Microwave Oven
- If either User Option OP:11 or “OP:12″ is selected, the oven shall continue to sound until the user acknowledges this by either opening and closing the door or pressing the ” ” pad. If User Option OP:12 is selected, after the 3 second beep, the oven shall go into Ready Mode.
- Preset Program Cook Mode
- This mode allows cooking of food items through a one pad touch operation. While in Ready Mode, pressing one of thr digit keys on the keyboard will cause the oven to run the Preset Program associated with that key. Midea EM025FXX-Y Microwave Oven
- LED displays the remaining cooking time. If it is multi-stage cooking, the total remaining cooking time displays not a particular stage cooking time.
- If the program chosen exceeds the maximum time allowed by User Option 7, then the oven shall beep three times rapidly and display 00:00 to indicate that the program is unacceptable. Midea EM025FXX-Y Microwave Oven
- When cooking program finish, the oven will enter End of Cook Cycle Mode. If you press ” ” button under this mode, the oven will enter Pause Mode.
- On the Fly Cooking
- The use may start another cook cycle while the oven is cooking or paused.
- While the oven is cooking or under Pause Mode, if User Option OP:51 is selected press number buttons, the preset cooking program will start automatically.
- LED displays the remaining cooking time.
- Programming Mode
- Double Quantity cooking
- Through the use of the X2 pad, the user can easily set the time two of a particular food item. Midea EM025FXX-Y Microwave Oven
- Under waiting state, press “X2” button and then press number buttons 0-9 in 5 seconds, the oven will start cooking with the quantity preset cooking time.
- Press “X2”, “doub” displays. When press number buttons, LED will display the quantity preset time. For example, number button “5” and its preset time is 1 minute. Then press “X2”, then time will change to 1:00*(1+0.8)=1:48
- When cooking program finish, the oven will enter End of Cook Cycle Mode. Note: This function cannot be used under memory mode. Midea EM025FXX-Y Microwave Oven
- Stage Cooking Programming
- Use Option Mode
This allows the user choose between various ways for the oven to operate. Midea EM025FXX-Y Microwave Oven
- Open the oven door and press “2” for 5 seconds. The buzzer sounds once and enter this mode.
- LED displays “OP: – -“.
- Press any number button to enter related mode setting. For example: to set the voice of the buzzer to medium. Press ” 2 “, “OP:22” displays. If you want to change, keep pressing “2”, LED displays “OP:20”, “OP:21″,”OP:22″,”OP:23”, “OP:20” …..in cycle. Midea EM025FXX-Y Microwave Oven
- Press ” ” to save the current setting. After saved, “OP: – -” display again.
- During setting process, press “ ” to enter Door Open Mode. Close the door will enter Ready Mode.
- If “ ” button not pressed at the last step, the program cannot be saved but stay at previous way.
- Service Mode
- Open the oven door and press “3” for 5 seconds to enter service mode.
- LED displays “SErU”.
- To check the times of closing or opening the door, just press number button “3”, LED will display the times.
- Press ” ” and then press number button “4” in 4 seconds, the message will be cancelled. “4-CL” displays.
- Press ” ” to enter Door Open Mode. Close the door will enter Ready Mode. Midea EM025FXX-Y Microwave Oven
- Inquiry Function
During microwave cooking process, press ” ” to check the power level. LED display the power for 3 seconds then turn back to previous state. It is available for multi-stage cooking.
Maintenance Midea EM025FXX-Y Microwave Oven
Check your problem by using the chart below and try the solutions for each problem. If the microwave oven still does not work properly, contact the nearest authorized service center.