Shark NV356E S2 Navigator Professional
Upright Vacuum User Manual
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
FOR HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY
To reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, injury, or property damage, when using an electrical appliance, basic precautions should always be followed, including the following:
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING THIS VACUUM
- Inspect power cord and plug for any damage before use. DO NOT use vacuum cleaner with a damaged cord or plug. Turn off all controls before plugging in or unplugging the vacuum cleaner. Store your vacuum cleaner with the power cord secured around the two cord hooks. To minimize the risk of power cord damage, do not allow the motorized brush roll to ingest the cord. If this occurs, immediately shut off power to the vacuum and remove the cord.
- This appliance has a polarized plug, if the plug does not fit fully into the outlet, reverse the plug (one blade is wider than the other). If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician.
DO NOT force into outlet or try to modify to fit.
- Your vacuum cleaner may consist of a motorized nozzle, wand, hose, and/ or vacuum pod. This device contains electrical connections, electrical wiring, and moving parts that potentially present risk to the user.
- Use only identical replacement parts.
- Carefully observe and follow the instructions provided below to avoid improper use of the appliance.
DO NOT use the vacuum for any purpose other than those described in this manual.
- Before use, carefully inspect all parts for any damage. DO NOT use if any parts are damaged.
- The use of an extension cord is NOT recommended.
- This vacuum cleaner contains no serviceable parts.
- This appliance can be used by persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved. Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children. Keep the appliance and its cord out of reach of children. DO NOT allow the appliance to be used by children. DO NOT allow to be used as a toy. Close supervision is necessary when used near children.
- Always turn off the vacuum cleaner before connecting or disconnecting any motorized nozzles or other accessories.
- DO NOT handle plug or vacuum cleaner with wet hands.
- DO NOT use without filters in place.
- Only use Shark® branded filters and accessories.
- DO NOT damage the power cord:
a) DO NOT pull or carry vacuum cleaner by the cord or use the cord as a handle.
b) DO NOT unplug by pulling on cord. Grasp the plug, not the cord.
c) DO NOT run the vacuum cleaner over the power cord, close a door on the cord, pull the cord around sharp corners, or leave the cord near heated surfaces.
- DO NOT put any objects into nozzle or accessory openings. DO NOT use with any opening blocked; keep free of dust, lint, hair, and anything that may reduce airflow.
- DO NOT use if nozzle or accessory airflow is restricted. If the air paths or the motorized floor nozzle become blocked, turn the vacuum cleaner off and unplug from electrical outlet. Remove all obstructions before you plug in and turn on the unit again.
- Keep nozzle and all vacuum openings away from hair, face, fingers, uncovered feet, or loose clothing.
- DO NOT use if vacuum cleaner is not working as it should, or has been dropped, damaged, left outdoors, or dropped into water.
- Use extra care when cleaning on stairs.
- DO NOT leave the vacuum cleaner unattended while plugged in.
- When powered on, keep the vacuum cleaner moving over the carpet surface at all times to avoid damaging the carpet fibers.
- DO NOT place vacuum cleaner on unstable surfaces such as chairs or tables.
- Your Shark® vacuum may not be designed to stand up on its own. When taking a break from cleaning, you may need to lean it against furniture or a wall, or lay it flat on the floor. Using the vacuum for an application where the unit lacks stability may result in personal injury.
- DO NOT use to pick up:
b) Large objects
c) Hard or sharp objects (glass, nails, screws, or coins)
d) Large quantities of dust (drywall dust, fireplace ash, or embers).
DO NOT use as an attachment to power tools for dust collection.
e) Smoking or burning objects (hot coals, cigarette butts, or matches)
f) Flammable or combustible materials (lighter fluid, gasoline, or kerosene)
g) Toxic materials (chlorine bleach, ammonia, or drain cleaner)
- DO NOT use in the following areas:
a) Poorly lit areas
b) Wet or damp surfaces
c) Outdoor areas
d) Spaces that are enclosed and may contain explosive or toxic fumes or vapors (lighter fluid, gasoline, kerosene, paint, paint thinners, mothproofing substances, or flammable dust)
- Turn off all controls before plugging in or unplugging the vacuum.
- Unplug from electrical outlet when not in use and before any maintenance or cleaning.
- Hand wash with water only. Washing with cleaning chemicals could damage the unit.
- During cleaning or routine maintenance, DO NOT cut anything other than hair, fibers, or string wrapped around the brushroll.
- Allow all filters to air-dry completely before replacing in the vacuum to prevent liquid from being drawn into electric parts.
- Make sure the dust cup and all filters are in place after routine maintenance.
- If provided, secure the power cord around the two cord hooks during storage.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
- Place the Pod onto the Floor Nozzle Post.
- Insert the Wand into the pod.
- Attach the Lower Accessory Holder to the pod.
- Insert the Handle into the wand.
- Connect the Hose to the back of the pod.
- Store Accessories on the Tool Storage Posts.
For proper operation, ensure all parts are firmly clicked into place.
Press the Power/Surface Switch at the top of the pod.
Select surface setting:
I Hard Floor
For hard floors and small area rugs.
NOTE: Brushroll spins in Carpet mode only.
Rotate the Suction Control Slider on the handle to adjust the suction depending on the floor type.
MIN: to reduce suction and increase maneuverability on carpets.
MAX: to increase suction on hard floors.
BRUSHROLL INDICATOR LIGHT
WHAT DOES THE BRUSHROLL INDICATOR LIGHT MEAN?
Solid Green: The brushroll is spinning and working as intended.
Solid Red: There is a jam in the brushroll area. Turn off the vacuum and unplug it, then remove any blockages in the nozzle.
Flashing Red: The motorized floor nozzle is overheating. Turn off the vacuum, unplug it, and remove any blockages. Let the vacuum cool down for at least 60 minutes before restarting. See Troubleshooting section for more information.
NOTE: For deep carpet cleaning per ASTM F608 (embedded dirt in carpets), use setting II, Carpet.
To engage brushroll, select Carpet mode, then step on floor nozzle and tilt handle back.
Press the red Release Button on the side of the pod. Step on the floor nozzle and lift off the pod.
With pod removed, press the Wand Release button to detach the wand from the pod. Attach an accessory to the end of the wand.
With pod removed, press the Handle Release button to detach the handle from the wand. Attach an accessory to the end of the handle.
NOTE: All accessories are compatible with both the wand and the handle.
EMPTYING THE DUST CUP
IMPORTANT: Unplug the power cord before performing any maintenance. Empty the dust cup each time you vacuum and periodically during cleaning, when debris in the dust cup reaches the MAX fill line.
Undo the Latches on the sides of the dust cup by lifting them up and out. Tilt the dust cup and lift it off vacuum pod.
To empty debris into trash, press the lower release button and the bottom lid will drop open.
To remove collected debris from Lint Screen, press the top release button and lift the handle to open. Gently brush lint screen to clean.
To reinstall, set the bottom of the dust cup and tilt until dust cup clicks into place.
CLEANING AND REPLACING THE FILTERS
Regularly rinse and replace the filters to maintain your vacuum’s suction power.
To prevent damage from cleaning chemicals, rinse filters with cold water ONLY. Allow all filters to air-dry for at least 24 hours before reinstalling them to prevent liquid from being drawn into electric parts.
IMPORTANT: DO NOT use soap when cleaning the filters.
Pre-Motor (foam and felt):
With the dust cup removed, remove the Foam and Felt Filters.
CLEAN PRE-MOTOR FILTERS EVERY 3 MONTHS.
To access the HEPA filter, press the tab, tilt the Filter Cover, and lift it from the vacuum. Remove the HEPA filter.
CLEAN HEPA FILTER EVERY YEAR.
- DO NOT pull or carry vacuum cleaner by the cord or use cord as a handle.
- DO NOT unplug by pulling on the cord. Grasp the plug, not the cord.
- DO NOT close the door on the cord.
- DO NOT pull the cord around sharp corners.
- DO NOT leave the cord near heated surfaces.
To minimize the risk of power cord damage, DO NOT run the vacuum over the power cord. If this occurs, immediately shut off power to the vacuum and remove the cord from the brushroll or nozzle.
CLEANING THE BRUSHROLL
- Detach the pod from the floor nozzle.
- Remove any blockages or buildup from the airways in the nozzle. With scissors, carefully cut away any fibers, hair, or string wrapped around the brushroll. Avoid damaging or cutting the bristles.
Follow the previous instructions for removing filters. The Pre-Motor Filter should be replaced every 2.5 years. The HEPA Filter should be replaced every 3 years.
Replacement Pre-Motor Foam & Felt Filter Kit XFF350
Replacement HEPA Filter XHF350
NOTE: To order replacement parts and filters, visit sharkaccessories.com.
CHECKING FOR BLOCKAGES
Detach the handle from the wand by pressing the handle release button. Remove the hose from the pod by pressing the tabs on the hose collar. Inspect the hose for clogs.
Detach the pod, wand, hose, and dust cup. Check all openings and remove blockages.
With the pod detached, remove the lower nozzle hose and check for clogs.
Open the airway on the bottom of the floor nozzle by squeezing the tabs on the sides and lifting up. Check for clogs and clear away any obstructions.
- Crevice Tool
This slim crevice tool is great for cleaning tight spaces, between couch cushions, and in hard-to-reach areas.
- Dusting Brush
This brush dusts and cleans delicate surfaces. Great for use on fans, blinds, lampshades, and keyboards.
- Wide Upholstery Tool
This wide cleaning path helps remove pet hair, dust, and large debris from mattresses, couches, curtains, lampshades, and other delicate upholstered fabrics.
- Upholstery Tool
Picks up pet hair, dust, and large debris from mattresses, couches, curtains, and other delicate upholstered fabrics.
- Anti-Allergen Dust Brush
This brush features nylon fiber bristles specifically designed for removing fine dust and allergen particles from the most delicate surfaces.
- Pet Power Brush
The turbine brush loosens and removes pet hair and debris from carpets, and powerfully deepcleans dander out of upholstery and other surfaces.
- Under-Appliance Wand
Clean under and behind hard-to-move appliances and furniture with this adjustable 36” tool. Flip the extension piece over to clean the underside of appliances.
- Large Accessory Bag
This convenient accessory storage bag measures 32 cm x 70 cm and fits the Under-Appliance Wand. Smaller size available at sharkaccessories.com.
NOTE: Not all accessories come with all units. For a list of the accessories included with this model, see the top inside flap of the box. To order additional accessories, visit sharkaccessories.com.
FIVE (5) YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
The Five (5) Year Limited Warranty applies to purchases made from authorized retailers of SharkNinja Operating LLC. Warranty coverage applies to the original owner and to the original product only and is not transferable.
SharkNinja warrants that the unit shall be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of five (5) years from the date of purchase when it is used under normal household conditions and maintained according to the requirements outlined in the Owner’s Guide, subject to the following conditions and exclusions:
What is covered by this warranty?
- The original unit and/or non-wearable parts deemed defective, in SharkNinja’s sole discretion, will be repaired or replaced up to five (5) years from the original purchase date.
- In the event a replacement unit is issued, the warranty coverage ends six (6) months following the receipt date of the replacement unit or the remainder of the existing warranty, whichever is later. SharkNinja reserves the right to replace the unit with one of equal or greater value.
What is not covered by this warranty?
- Normal wear and tear of wearable parts (such as foam filters, HEPA filters, pads, etc.), which require regular maintenance and/or replacement to ensure the proper functioning of your unit, are not covered by this warranty. Replacement parts are available for purchase at sharkaccessories.com.
- Any unit that has been tampered with or used for commercial purposes.
- Damage caused by misuse (e.g., vacuuming up water or other liquids), abuse, negligent handling, failure to perform required maintenance (e.g., not cleaning the filters), or damage due to mishandling in transit.
- Consequential and incidental damages.
- Defects caused by repair persons not authorized by SharkNinja. These defects include damages caused in the process of shipping, altering, or repairing the SharkNinja product (or any of its parts) when the repair is performed by a repair person not authorized by SharkNinja.
- Products purchased, used, or operated outside North America.
How to get service
If your appliance fails to operate properly while in use under normal household conditions within the warranty period, visit sharkclean.com/support for product care and maintenance self-help. Our Customer Service Specialists are also available at 1-800-798-7398 to assist with product support and warranty service options, including the possibility of upgrading to our VIP warranty service options for select product categories. So we may better assist you, please register your product online at registeryourshark.com and have the product on hand when you call.
SharkNinja will cover the cost for the customer to send in the unit to us for repair or replacement. A fee of $24.95 (subject to change) will be charged when SharkNinja ships the repaired or replacement unit.
How to initiate a warranty claim
You must call 1-800-798-7398 to initiate a warranty claim. You will need the receipt as proof of purchase. We also ask that you register your product online at registeryourshark.com and have the product on hand when you call, so we may better assist you. A Customer Service Specialist will provide you with return and packing instruction information.
How state law applies
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you also may have other rights that vary from state to state. Some states do not permit the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above may not apply to you.
Power cord caught in brushroll or floor nozzle.
- To minimize the risk of power cord damage, DO NOT run the vacuum over the power cord. If this occurs, immediately shut off power to the vacuum and remove the cord from the brushroll or nozzle.
- Inspect power cord and plug for any damage before use. DO NOT use vacuum cleaner with a damaged cord or plug. Turn off all controls before plugging in or unplugging the vacuum cleaner. Store your vacuum cleaner with the power cord secured around the two cord hooks.
Vacuum is not picking up debris. No suction or light suction.
- Check filters to see if they need cleaning. Follow instructions for rinsing and air-drying the filters before reinstalling.
- Dust cup may be full; empty dust cup.
- Clear any blockages in the hose, hose connections, nozzle, wand, pod, or accessories. See Checking for Blockages section for more information.
- If any string, hair, or carpet fibers are wrapped around the brushroll, carefully cut debris with scissors and remove from brushroll. See Nozzle Maintenance section for more information.
Vacuum lifts area rugs.
- Make sure Power/Surface switch is set to Hard Floor (setting I).
- Suction is powerful. Take care when vacuuming area rugs or rugs with delicately sewn edges.
- To minimize suction, set the suction control slider to MIN. See the Suction Control section for more information.
Brushroll does not spin.
- If the brushroll indicator light turns red, immediately turn off and unplug the vacuum. Remove pod from floor nozzle and clear any blockages. Reconnect nozzle, plug in vacuum, and turn on power.
- With the power on, recline the handle, which will automatically turn on the brushroll.
Vacuum turns off on its own or indicator light flashes red.
If your vacuum overheats, the thermostat will automatically turn off the motor. Follow these steps to restart:
- Turn vacuum off and unplug it.
- Empty dust cup and clean filters (see Emptying the Dust Cup and Cleaning Filters).
- Check for blockages in hose, wand, nozzle, accessories, and inlet openings.
- Allow unit to cool for a minimum of 60 minutes.
- Plug in vacuum and turn it on.
REGISTER YOUR PURCHASE
📱Scan QR code using mobile device
Benefits of registering your product and creating an account:
- Get easier, faster product support and access to warranty information
- Access troubleshooting and product care instructions
- Be among the first to know about exclusive product promotions
TIP: You can find the model and serial numbers on the QR code label on the bottom of the back of the vacuum pod.
RECORD THIS INFORMATION
Model Number: ________________________________________
Serial Number: ________________________________________
Date of Purchase: ______________________________________
Store of Purchase: ______________________________________
Voltage: 120V~ 60Hz
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AND KEEP FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.
This Owner’s Guide is designed to help you get a complete understanding of your new Shark Navigator® Lift-Away® Professional.
SharkNinja Operating LLC
US: Needham, MA 02494
CAN: Ville St-Laurent, QC H4S 1A7
Illustrations may differ from actual product. We are constantly striving to improve our products; therefore the specifications contained herein are subject to change without notice. For SharkNinja U.S. Patent information, visit sharkninja.com/uspatents
© 2021 SharkNinja Operating LLC. LIFT-AWAY, SHARK, and SHARK NAVIGATOR are registered trademarks of SharkNinja Operating LLC. NAVIGATOR is a trademark of SharkNinja Operating LLC.
PRINTED IN CHINA
Download Manual PDF
Shark NV356E S2 Navigator Professional
Upright Vacuum User Manual PDF Download