Shenzhen JC400 EdgeCam User Manual
Please check the product model you purchased carefully as the packing list varies with the model.
JC400 series uses4G ne1workfor communication. For these dual-channel digital video recorders (DVRs}, except to be able to record simultaneously, the two cameras can also record locally and live stream remotely at the same time. The front-facing HD camera is used for real-time recording; while the cabin-view camera with IR LED for monitoring at night time. Combined with DMS, driving behavior analysis, multiple alert options, and much more, they can assist the management in monitoring the vehicle condition and the driver’s behavior at any time. This is very useful to coach driver’s behavior, improve management efficiency, and lower operation cost, making JC400 series an ideal option for remotely managing ridesharing, rental, public, government, and enterprise fleets.
Appearance and LEDs
|JC400/JC400D main unit
|1920×1080/25FPSIF 2.0/Full color
Refer to the specifications and features of the product model you purchased. If you have any questions, please contact your supplier.
Specifications and Features
|This enables the device to record in loop when the vehicle is moving.
|This enables the device to live stream images captured by cameras via the LTE network to the platform(web or app).
|This enables the device to upload location data and motion information via the mobile network to the platform for analysis.
|This enables the device to upload alert messages and video files to the platform when an event is triggered by collision, vibration, dangerous driving behavior, emergency, DMS reminder, speeding, etc.
|This enables the driver to notify the platform at the earliest time possible, make a call, and activate video recording when an emergency occurs.
|This enables the user to deliver a lock command to the device via the platform (web or app) ta remotely cut off the fuel and power to the vehicle when an exception occurs.
Note: For details about features, refer to the operation guide.
- This device is not suitable for battery electric vehicles (BEVs) and hybrid electric vehicles (HEVs).
- Use accessories specified by the manufacturer only.
- The standard supply for the device is DC9-30V, please use the original power cable and ensure that the positive and negative ends are correctly wired.
- Remove 1he protective film on 1he remote camera prior to installation.
- lt is recommended to ask a distributor, a designated business, or an expert to do the installation and commissioning.
Check visually whether the device is in good condition and whether the relevant accessories are complete.
SIM Card Attachment
Ensure that the device is ACC OFF before attaching a proper SIM card.
To attach and detach the SIM may damage the contacts, please use the completed Micro SIM card instead. In addi1ion, the SIM should have data service activated and not in arrears.
Refer to 3.2forthe SIM size
Fit the SIM in the correct slot.
TF Card Attachment
Ensure that the device is ACC OFF before attaching a proper TF card.
- Use a TF card in speed class 10 or higher and with a capacityof16GB or above.
- The TF card is recommended to change every half a year to ensure the recording performance of the device.
- Mount the tamper cover after the attachment.
Fit the TF card in the correct slot.
Main Unit Installation
- Connect the power cable of the device to B+, ACC, and GND of the fuse box on the vehicle. (1) is a reference position.
- Route the power cable along the A pillar of the vehicle to the upper center of the front windshield. The red dashed line (2) in the figure is for reference.
- Selec1 a proper installation position and wipe the position clean. Remove the protective film from the 3M tape of the mounting base and attach it to the position. Wait for 2 hours before proceeding to the nex1 step. See (3) for reference.
- Mount the device to the base and connect its power cable correctly (see 4 for reference). Than fasten the cable securely.
Installation of Accessories
You can select a proper position to install the remote camera according to actual conditions.
Remote AHD Camera
- Face the camera inward and install it to the windshield behind the rear-view mirror (as shown in 1 )or to the middle of the dashboard (as shown in 2). Wipe a selected position clean, remove the protective film from the 3M tape, and attach the device.
- Use the supplied screwdriver to tighten the screw of the camera, so it keeps at the best angle. Connect the cables correctly and fasten them securely.
This section Is dedicated to JC4000.
The DMS camera is mainly used for monitoring the driver. Fixate the camera at an angle about 30′ to the steering wheel directly facing the driver’s head, as the following figure shows.
- External battery
It is used ta power the device for a while after its main supply is cutoff. Connect the external battery to the corresponding interface on the device and place it in a proper position (such as 1 in the above figure).
- SOS key
It is used to seek help in emergencies. Connect the SOS key to the corresponding interface on the device, remove the protective film
from the 3M tape, and then attach it to a proper position (such as 2) in the above figure).
It is used to cutoff the power and fuel of the vehicle remotely to force it to stop. Connect it to the corresponding interface on the device and place it in a proper position, such as (3) in the above figure. For wiring details, see1.4.
- RS232 (optional)
It is used to connect to an external device for function expansion when a scenario requires a feature that cannot be offered by the device.
(4) is a reference installation position.
- Choose proper accessories based on your actual needs.
- Select a relay that goes perfectly with the battery of your vehicle.
- lt is recommended1o ask a distributor, a designated business, or an expert to do the installation and commissioning.
- Check the LED:See1.3.3 for reference.
- Check the camera: The camera works correctly if you can view the live video of the camera and switch between the two cameras after logging in to the platform. You can also manually adjust the camera according to your needs.
Scan the QR code on the right with the browser of your mobile phone to download and install the app.
Calibration Tool for JC4000
Scan the QR coda on the left with the browser of your mobile phone to download and install the calibration tool.
This app is used for feature calibration of JC400D.
This calibration tool is only compatible with mobiles with Android OS.
Seen the QR code on the right with the browser of your mobile phone lo view relevant operations.
- Use the original battery supplied by the manufacturer only. The use of any non-original accessories may damage the device, in which case the manufacturer will assume no repair liabilities for such damages.
- Avoid metal objects as they may cause short circuits on battery contacts.
- Do not remove the cover of the battery.
- Do not soak the battery in water or expose it to fire.
- lt is forbidden to use batteries that are deformed, discolored, spilled, or package damaged. If such an exception, such as overtemperature, deformation, discoloration, spillage, etc., occurs during use, charging, or storage of the battery, please stop using the device immediately and contact1he aftersales center for a replacement.
- lt is forbidden to dismantle, or modify, or charge (in any other method other than stated) the battery.
Download Manual PDF
Shenzhen JC400 EdgeCam
User Manual PDF Download