ReXel Secure X8 Cross Cut Paper Shredder
Operation Slide Switch models
Operation Push Button models
- Please read all the safety information and the instructions; the manufacturer is not liable for cases of material damage or personal injury caused by incorrect handling or non-compliance with the safety instructions. In such cases, the warranty will be voided.
- Only use the unit for its intended purpose.
- The unit must only be connected to a supply voltage corresponding to the electrical rating shown on the unit.
- Unit should be connected to a socket outlet near the equipment that is easily accessible.
- Do not connect multiple adaptors or use with an extension cable.
- Do not attempt to service or repair the unit yourself.
- If recycling, separate paper and credit card shreds.
- Do not use this unit if the cable or plug have been damaged.
- Care should be taken when moving equipment to avoid any unlevelled surfaces.
- The device is intended for use indoors. Never use outdoors.
- Keep the device away from moisture.
- Be vigilant at all times, and always be careful what you are doing. Do not use electrical equipment if you are lacking in concentration or awareness, or are under the influence of drugs, alcohol or medication. Even a moment of inattentiveness can lead to serious injuries when using electrical equipment.
- Do not attempt to open, modify or repair the device. Do not drop, puncture, break or expose to high pressure.
- Alterations to the device and technical modifications are not permitted.
- Check the device and cable (and if applicable, the adapter) for any damage before use. If there is any visible damage, a strong odour, or excessive overheating of components, unplug all the components immediately and stop using the device.
- Shredder must be disconnected from power source if not used for an extended period of time.
- Do not use spray cleaners or spray lubricants as these may present a risk of flash fire.
- Never bypass the safety interlock (strictly forbidden and dangerous, especially when unit is connected to a power source).
- Do not lean on the shredder door; this may damage the door and will not be covered by your warranty.
- Failure to follow these instructions could result in damage/injury and will invalidate your guarantee.
Only use Rexel accessories:
Oil Sheets (20) – 2101949
Oil Sheets (12) – 2101948
Controls and Indications
Slide Switch and Indications
Button and Indications
CAN shred the following:
CANNOT shred the following:
Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE)
- At the end of its useful life, your product is considered to be WEEE. As such, it is important to note that WEEE is not to be disposed of as unsorted municipal waste. It is to be collected separately such that it can be disassembled so its components and materials can be recycled, re-used, and recovered (burned for energy content in the production of electricity).
- Public collection points have been set up by municipalities for the collection of WEEE, free of charge to you.
- Please return your WEEE to the collection facility nearest your home or office.
- If you have difficulty locating a collection facility, the retailer that sold you the product should accept your WEEE.
- If you are no longer in contact with your retailer, please contact ACCO for assistance with this matter.
- Recycling of WEEE is geared toward protecting the environment, protecting human health, preserving raw materials, improving sustainable development, and ensuring a better supply of commodities in the European Union. This will be achieved by retrieving valuable secondary raw materials and reducing the disposal of waste. You can contribute to the success of these goals by returning your WEEE to a collection facility.
- Your product is marked with the WEEE symbol (wheelie bin with an X through it). This symbol is to inform you that the WEEE is not to be disposed of as unsorted municipal waste.
- Operation of this machine is guaranteed for two years within the date of purchase, subject to normal use. Within the guarantee period, ACCO Brands Europe will at its own discretion either repair or replace the defective machine free of charge. Defects due to misuse or use for inappropriate purposes are not covered under the guarantee.
- Proof of date of purchase will be required. Repairs or alterations made by persons not authorised by ACCO Brands Europe will invalidate the guarantee. It is our aim to ensure that our products perform to the specifications stated. This guarantee does not affect the legal rights which consumers have under applicable national legislation governing sale of goods.
- This guarantee does not apply to Australian customers–see warranty on page 104.
ACCO Brands Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 16 000 265 047)
This document details the terms and conditions of the warranty against defects provided with this product.
Please disregard any other representation contained on this product’s packaging or provided with this
product which constitutes or appears to constitute a warranty against defects.
WARRANTY AGAINST DEFECTS
This product comes with ACCO Brands Australia Pty Ltd (ACCO Brands) warranty against defects, the details and conditions of which are set out below.
Subject to the terms and conditions set out in this warranty, ACCO Brands will (at ACCO Brands’ option) repair or replace this product with a new or refurbished product if it contains defects which are a result of faulty manufacturer workmanship or materials.
PERIOD OF WARRANTY
You may claim on this warranty if you notify ACCO Brands within 2 years of the date of purchase in the manner set out below and if you comply with the other conditions of this warranty.
WHO CAN CLAIM UNDER THIS WARRANTY?
This warranty applies to and can be exercised by the original purchaser of the product only. This warranty is not transferrable to any other person or party under any circumstances.
WHAT THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER
If we reasonably consider that any of the following situations are present, this warranty does not apply. The situations to which this warranty does not apply are:
- any cosmetic damage;
- any product where the product’s serial number is no longer present or visible;
- loss or damage caused by factors beyond ACCO Brands’ control including, but not limited to, damage or failure due to power fluctuations, overload, excessive heat or humidity;
- any product which has not been installed and/or maintained according to any care or operating instructions provided with the product;
- any alterations or repairs to the product not authorised in writing or performed by ACCO Brands;
- damage or defects caused to the product due to unusual, abnormal, non-recommended or negligent use of the product;
- any wearable component in any product, including but not limited to blades, slitters, cutting sticks, cutting light bulbs, drill bits, base boards, feed wheels, separators, fuses, cutters and carriers, manual punches and cutting disks, light bulbs and staple inserts; or
- liability based on any service agreement entered into with third parties.
PROCEDURE FOR MAKING A CLAIM
Any claim made under this warranty must be made by sending the faulty product to ACCO Brands at the address noted below, together with the following information in writing:
- Your name or company name (if applicable);
- Your address;
- Your telephone number;
- Contact name;
- Machine type, model number and serial number;
- Proof of your purchase of this product, such as your receipt; and
- A detailed description of the defect you believe the product to have.
WHAT WE WILL DO TO HONOUR THIS WARRANTY
Upon delivery to us we will organise for the product to be assessed to determine if the fault or problem is covered by this warranty. We will advise you by telephone, email or in writing whether the fault is covered by this warranty.
STATUTORY GUARANTEES AND YOUR OTHER RIGHTS AND REMEDIES
This warranty against defects is provided in addition to other rights or remedies you, as a consumer, may have under a law in relation to this product.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law.
You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
ACCO Brands Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 16 000 265 047)
Australia and New Zealand Distributor
Locked Bag 50
Blacktown BC NSW 2148
For product purchased in Australia call: 1300 278 546
Email: [email protected]
For product purchased in New Zealand call: 0800 800 526
Email: [email protected]
Issue: 1 (07/20)
ACCO Brands Europe
Aylesbury HP21 8SZ