KitchenAid 5KSMVSA, 5KSMEMVSC Fresh PREP Slicer/ Shredder Attachment User Manual
Your safety and the safety of others are very important.
We have provided many important safety messages in this manual and on your appliance. Always read and obey all safety messages.
⚠ This is the safety alert symbol.
This symbol alerts you to potential hazards that can kill or hurt you and others.
All safety messages will follow the safety alert symbol and either the word “DANGER” or “WARNING.” These words mean:
⚠ DANGER You can be killed or seriously injured if you don’t immediately follow instructions. You can be killed or seriously injured if you don’t follow instructions.
⚠ WARNING All safety messages will tell you what the potential hazard is, tell you how to reduce the chance of injury, and tell you what can happen if the instructions are not followed.
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed, including the following:
- Read all instructions. Misuse of appliance may result in personal injury.
- To protect against risk of electrical shock, do not put Stand Mixer in water or other liquid.
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory, or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
- European Union Only: Appliances can be used by persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved. Children shall not play with the appliance.
- European Union Only: This appliance shall not be used by children. Keep the appliance and its cord out of reach of children.
- Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
- Keep hands, utensils or other objects away from the attachment with Shredding, and Slicing Blades, or moving parts while it is in operation to reduce the risk of severe injury to persons or damage to the attachment.
- Do not use the appliance outdoors.
- If food becomes lodged in any Blade or the Feed Tube, turn the motor OFF(0) and disassemble the attachment to remove the remaining food.
- Check the main housing for presence of foreign objects before using.
- Do not use fingers to scrape food away from discharge disc while appliance is operating. Cut type injury may result.
- Avoid contacting moving parts. Keep fingers out of discharge opening.
- The use of attachments not recommended or sold by KitchenAid may cause fire, electric shock, or injury.
- Never feed food by hand. Always use the Food Pusher.
- Blades are sharp. Handle carefully when inserting or removing Blades.
- Do not remove food until Stand Mixer is OFF(0) with speed turned to 0 and Slicer/Shredder Blade stops.
- Do not use the appliance if the driver mechanism or rotating parts are damaged. Return appliance to the nearest Authorised Service Facility for examination, repair, or electrical or mechanical adjustment.
- Do not let the Stand Mixer cord hang over the edge of table or counter.
- Also see the Important Safeguards section included in the Stand Mixer Owner’s Manual.
- To avoid damage do not immerse the Attachment Housing in water or other liquids.
- Allow the appliance to cool completely before putting on or taking off parts, and before cleaning the appliance.
- Refer to the “Care and Cleaning” section for instructions on cleaning the surfaces in contact with food.
- This appliance is intended to be used in household and similar applications such as:
– staff kitchen areas in shops, offices and other working environments;
– by clients in hotels, motels and other residential type environments;
– bed and breakfast type environments.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
For complete details on product information, instructions and videos, including Guarantee information, visit www.KitchenAid.co.uk or www.KitchenAid.eu. This may save you the cost of a service call. To receive a free printed copy of the information online, call 00 800 381 040 26.
FRESH PREP SLICER/SHREDDER BLADE CHART
|USE THESE PARTS||WITH THESE PARTS||SPEED|
|Fine Shredding Blade||Housing and Small or Large Food Pusher||4|
|Medium Shredding Blade|
|Coarse Shredding Blade|
|Fine Grating Blade|
|Potato Grating Blade|
ASSEMBLING THE FRESH PREP SLICER/SHREDDER ATTACHMENT
- Turn the Stand Mixer OFF(0) and unplug.
- Slide the Blade you want to use into the Housing. You will hear a click when the Blade snaps into place properly on the drive shaft.
- For Stand Mixers with a hinged attachment hub cover: Flip up to open.
- For Stand Mixers with a removable attachment hub cover: Turn the Attachment Knob counter clockwise to remove attachment hub cover.
- Insert the attachment Shaft Housing into the attachment hub, making certain the power shaft fits into the square hub socket. If necessary, rotate the attachment back and forth. The pin on the Attachment Housing fits into the notch of the hub rim when in the proper position.
- Tighten the Stand Mixer attachment hub knob until the attachment is completely secured to the Stand Mixer. Make sure that the hub knob is properly seated in the retention hole in the attachment.
USING THE FRESH PREP SLICER/SHREDDER ATTACHMENT
|Rotating Blade Hazard
Always use food pusher.
NOTE: For best results, feed only one item at a time into the Feed Tube (ex. carrot). Do not feed items into the Feed Tube by hand; always use the Food Pushers. If food remains in the Fresh Prep Slicer/Shredder Attachment after running, turn the Stand Mixer to “0”, remove the remaining items, and place back into the Feed Tube to Shred or Slice again.
- Place a large bowl under the Fresh Prep Slicer/Shredder Attachment to catch food as it
- Cut food into small strips or pieces sized to fit into the Feed Tube.
- Turn the Stand Mixer to Speed 4 and feed food into the Feed Tube using Food Pusher.
- Turn the Stand Mixer “0” (Off) and unplug.
- Push down on the Release Lever and pull out the Blade, in order to change to a new Blade.
CARE AND CLEANING
CLEANING THE FRESH PREP SLICER/SHREDDER ATTACHMENT
IMPORTANT: Allow the appliance to cool completely before putting on or taking off parts, and before cleaning the appliance.
IMPORTANT: The housing of the Fresh Prep Slicer/Shredder Attachment must be hand washed only using warm, soapy water. The Fresh Prep Slicer/Shredder Attachment Blades and Accessories are dishwasher safe, top rack only.
- After using the Fresh Prep Slicer/ Shredder Attachment, remove all Blades and Accessory items. Wash the Blades and Accessories in the dishwasher, top rack only.
- Clean the Housing of the Fresh Prep Slicer/Shredder Attachment by hand only. Wash with a soft, damp cloth.Dry thoroughly with a soft dry cloth. Do not wash in the dishwasher.
NOTE: For best cleaning, rinse Blades immediately after use. If necessary, use a dish washing brush.
ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT WASTE DISPOSAL
DISPOSAL OF PACKING MATERIAL
The packing material is recyclable and is marked with the recycle symbol . The various parts of the packing must therefore be disposed of responsibly and in full compliance with local authority regulations governing waste disposal.
RECYCLING THE PRODUCT
– By ensuring this product is disposed of correctly, you will help prevent potential negative consequences for the environment and human health, which could otherwise be caused by inappropriate waste handling of this product.
For more detailed information about treatment, recovery and recycling of this product, please contact your local city office, your household waste disposal service or the shop where you purchased the product.
DECLARATION OF CONFORMITY
FOR UNITED KINGDOM
This appliance has been designed, constructed and distributed in compliance with the safety requirements of UK Legislation: Electrical Equipment (Safety) Regulations 2016, Electromagnetic Compatibility Regulations 2016. The Ecodesign for Energy-Related Products and Energy Information (Amendment) (EU Exit) Regulations 2019. The Restriction of the Use of Certain Hazardous Substances in Electrical and Electronic Equipment Regulations 2012.
FOR EUROPEAN UNION
This appliance has been designed, constructed and distributed in compliance with the safety requirements of EC Directives: 2014/35/EU, 2014/30/EU and 2011/65/EU (RoHS Directive) and following amendments.
TERMS OF KITCHENAID GUARANTEE (“GUARANTEE”)
Covering U.K. – Ireland – South Africa – UAE KitchenAid Europa, Inc., Nijverheidslaan 3, Box 5, 1853 Strombeek-Bever, Belgium (“Guarantor”) grants the end-customer, who is a consumer, a Guarantee pursuant to the following terms.
FOR U.K.: The Guarantee applies in addition to and does not limit or affect the statutory warranty rights of the end-customer against the seller of the product. In summary, the Consumer Rights Act 2015 says products must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality. During the expected lifespan of your product your legal rights entitle you to the following:
– Up to 30 days: if your product is faulty, then you can get an immediate refund.
– Up to six months: if your product can’t be repaired or replaced, then you’re entitled to a full refund, in most cases.
– Up to six years: if your product does not last a reasonable length of time you may be entitled to some money back. These rights are subject to certain exceptions. For detailed information please visit the Citizens Advice website www.adviceguide.org.uk or call 03454 04 05 06.
FOR IRELAND: The Guarantee applies in addition to and does not limit or affect the statutory warranty rights of the end-customer against the seller of the product under the European Communities (Certain Aspects of the Sale of Consumer Goods and Associated Guarantees Regulations 2003 (S.I. No. 11/2003)) and other enactments governing the sale of consumer goods.
FOR SOUTH AFRICA: The Guarantee applies in addition to and does not limit or affect the statutory warranty rights of the end-customer against the seller of the product. In summary, the Consumer Protection Act, 2008 says that products must be: (i) reasonably suitable for the purpose for which they are intended; (ii) in good working order, of good quality and free of any defects; (iii) useable and durable for a reasonable period of time, having regard to the use to which they would normally be put and to all the surrounding circumstances; and (iv) in compliance with any applicable standards or any other public regulations. During the expected lifespan of your product and where the products are not purchased online, your legal rights will entitle you to the following:
– You will be entitled to a full refund, if you did not have the opportunity to examine the product before delivery and if you rejected delivery of the product on the basis that the type and quality of the product was not as reasonably expected or did not reasonably conform to the material specifications.
– Within 5 business days after delivery: you may rescind your purchase and request a refund, if your purchase resulted from direct marketing.
– Within 10 business days after delivery: you will be entitled to a full refund, if it is found that the product was unsuitable for a particular purpose specifically communicated to you by the Guarantor.
– Within 15 business days after delivery: you will be entitled to a refund if: (i) the product was not delivered to you; or (ii) if you returned the product to the Guarantor.
– Within 6 months after delivery: you will be entitled to a refund or a replacement product, if the product is defective or fails to operate in terms of its specifications. Where you have purchased a product online your legal rights will be governed by the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act, 2002 and you will be entitled to the following:
– Within 7 days after conclusion of the transaction or after delivery: you may cancel your purchase without reason and without penalty.
– Within 30 days of the date of cancellation of the transaction: you will be entitled to receive a refund, if you have already made payment.
– You will only be liable for the direct costs of returning the product to the Guarantor.
FOR UAE: The Guarantee applies in addition to and does not limit or affect the statutory warranty rights of the end-customer against the seller of the product.
- SCOPE AND TERMS OF THE GUARANTEE
a) The Guarantor grants the Guarantee for the products mentioned under Section 1. b) which a consumer has purchased from a seller or a company of the KitchenAid-Group within the following countries: U.K., Ireland, or South Africa, or the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
b) The Guarantee period depends on the purchased product and is as follows:
Two Year full guarantee from date of purchase.
c) The Guarantee period commences on the date of purchase, i.e. the date on which a consumer purchased the product from a dealer or a company of the KitchenAid-Group.
d) The Guarantee covers the defect-free nature of the product.
e) The Guarantor shall provide the consumer with the following services under this Guarantee, at the choice of the Guarantor, if a defect occurs during the Guarantee period:
– Repair of the defective product or product part, or
– Replacement of the defective product or product part. If a product is no longer available, the Guarantor is entitled to exchange the product for a product of equal or higher value.
f) If the consumer wishes to make a claim under the Guarantee, the consumer has to contact the country specific KitchenAid service centres or the Guarantor directly at KitchenAid Europa, Inc. Nijverheidslaan 3, Box 5, 1853 Strombeek-Bever, Belgium;
Email-Address U.K.: [email protected]
Email-Address IRELAND: [email protected]
Toll Free Number U.K. & IRELAND: 00 800 381 040 26
Our local KitchenAid Distributor:
PO Box 52102
Contact our distributor:
Telephone: +27 21 555 0700
You can contact our Customer Service Centre for Small Domestic Appliances from 8.30 am to 1.00 pm and from 1.30 pm to 5.00 pm or write to us at the following address: [email protected]
AL GHANDI ELECTRONICS.
POST BOX NO. 9098,
DUBAI, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Toll free number: +971 4 2570007
g) The costs of repair, including spare parts, and any postage costs (if applicable) for the delivery of a defect-free product or product part shall be borne by the Guarantor. The Guarantor shall also bear the postage costs for returning the defective product or product part if the Guarantor or the country specific KitchenAid customer service centre requested the return of the defective product or product part. However, the consumer shall bear the costs of appropriate packaging for the return of the defective product or product part.
h) To be able to make a claim under the Guarantee, the consumer must present the receipt or invoice of the purchase of the product.
2. LIMITATIONS OF THE GUARANTEE
a) The Guarantee applies only to products used for private purposes and not for professional or commercial purposes.
b) The Guarantee does not apply in the case of normal wear and tear, improper or abusive use, failure to follow the instructions for use, use of the product at the wrong electrical voltage, installation and operation in violation of the applicable electrical regulations, and use of force (e.g. blows).
c) The Guarantee does not apply if the product has been modified or converted, e.g. conversions from 120 V products to 220-240 V products.
d) The provision of Guarantee services does not extend the Guarantee period, nor does it initiate the commencement of a new Guarantee period. The Guarantee period for installed spare parts ends with the Guarantee period for the entire product.
e) FOR SOUTH-AFRICA & UAE ONLY: Further or other claims, in particular claims for damages, are excluded unless liability is mandatory by law. After expiry of the Guarantee period or for products for which the Guarantee does not apply, the KitchenAid customer service centres are still available to the end-customer for questions and information. Further information is also available on our website:
– For U.K. & Ireland www.kitchenaid.eu
– For South-Africa: www.kitchenaidafrica.com
– For UAE: www.KitchenAid-MEA.com
Register your new KitchenAid appliance now: http://www.kitchenaid.eu/register
©2022 All rights reserved. KITCHENAID and the design of the stand mixer are trademarks in the U.S. and elsewhere.
©2022 All rights reserved.
KITCHENAID and the design of the stand mixer are trademarks in the U.S. and elsewhere.