Steinbach ID452 Solar Shower User Manual
- Tank top part
- Towel holder
- Threaded ring
- Tank seal
- Hose adapter
- Teflon tape
- Tank bottom part
- Shower head
Operating instructions (no illustration)
Required tools/materials (not supplied)
- Attachment material (screws and wall anchors for your stone, concrete or wooden floor) or the Steinbach outdoor floor element
- Steinbach outdoor floor element including attachment material (item no. 049028)
Read and keep the operating instructions
These operating instructions are a part of this solar shower (also referred to hereinafter as the “product”). They contain important information about start-up and operation. Read the operating instructions and especially the safety instructions carefully before using the product. Non-observance of this operating instructions manual may lead to severe injuries or damage to the product. Keep the operating instructions for further use. If you pass on the product to a third party, you must pass on operating instructions as well.
This product is exclusively designed for outdoor showering. This product is exclusively intended for private use and not suited for the commercial sector. Only use the product as described in these operating instructions. Any other use is considered inappropriate and may lead to material damage or even injury. The product is not a toy. The manufacturer or retailer will not assume any liability for damage caused by inappropriate or incorrect use. Only use the product when it is firmly bolted down at a suitable location. If the outdoor temperature drops below 50 °F (10 °C), the tank must be drained and the shower must be dismantled and stored in a dry, frost-free place.
Never use the product as a climbing frame or as a post for suspending washing lines or hammocks.
Explanation of Symbols
The following symbols are used in this operating instructions, on the product or on the packaging.
The following signal words are used in these operating instructions.
This signal symbol/word denotes a hazard with an average risk level that could lead to death or severe injury if it is not avoided.
This signal symbol/word denotes a hazard with a low risk level that could lead to mild or moderate injury if it is not avoided.
General safety instructions
Safety instructions for persons
This signal word provides a warning about potential material damage.
Packaging materials pose a risk of suffocation! Catching your head in the packaging foil or swallowing other packaging materials can cause death. There is a higher risk for children and mentally challenged persons who cannot estimate the hazard potential due to lack of knowledge and experience. – Prevent children and mentally challenged persons from playing with the packaging materials.
Risk of scalding! In direct sunshine, the tank heats up and the water that comes out of the shower head can be very hot, depending on the faucet settings.
– Before showering, set the faucet between cold and hot.
– Check the water temperature before you stand under the shower head.
– Never leave children and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental abilities (e.g. persons under the influence of alcohol) unattended in the vicinity of the product Steinbach ID452 Solar Shower .
Risk of infection! Bacteria can multiply in the tank if the product is not used for longer periods.
– Drain the product before and after longer periods of non-use.
– Do not drink the water from the product Steinbach ID452 Solar Shower .
Improper use of the product may cause it to become damaged.
– Only use spare parts and accessories supplied or recommended by the manufacturer. – Do not open the product. Leave repairs to a qualified service technician. Contact the
service address on the back of the instruction manual for this purpose. All liability and warranty claims will be void when you carry out repairs yourself, the product is improperly connection or operated incorrectly Steinbach ID452 Solar Shower .
The tank 7 of the solar shower is filled with water via the connected garden hose. This water is heated by sunlight because the matt black surface of the tank reflects very little solar energy. The solar shower has a cold water supply line leading directly to the faucet 8 so that the water can be adjusted to the perfect temperature for showering.
The illustration shows how a solar shower works:
The entire shower body is filled with water and works in a similar way to an electric water heater in which the heated water also collects at the top Steinbach ID452 Solar Shower .
If hot water is needed, the faucet 8 at the base of the tank 7 is turned to let in cold water and the water in the top region, which has already been heated, is pushed out of the tank.
Any pressure that builds up due to the water heating up in the tank can therefore escape through the shower head 9 . This causes water to drip from the shower head when the faucet is closed Steinbach ID452 Solar Shower .
Preparing the setup location and the connections
The shower must be anchored to the ground so that it can be used safely. The safest place to use the shower is on a smooth, level concrete or wooden floor. Careful selection and good preparation of the setup location makes it much easier to set up and use the shower. The following requirements must be met or considered:
– Water supply/drain, attachment and solar radiation Steinbach ID452 Solar Shower
– Sturdy, level, waterproof and slip-proof floor, alternatively the floor element (item no. 049028)
Risk of injury! The product can topple. – A second person who holds the product is required for installation. To prepare the setup location, proceed as follows: 1. The second person positions the shower at the desired location and secures it so that it cannot topple over. Mark the drilling points through the holes in the base of the shower. 2. Detach the shower from the base. 3. Drill suitable holes for the selected attachment materials into the floor with an electric drill. T4h.e sPeutut pthleocaatttaiocnhmisepnrtempaarteedri.al (e.g. wall anchors) into the holes Steinbach ID452 Solar Shower .
Setting up the solar shower
Position the solar shower at the prepared setup location. Make sure that the solar shower is pointing in the correct direction. The second person supports the shower while you screw the base of the shower into the floor with the correct attachment materials Steinbach ID452 Solar Shower .
Assembling the solar shower
Using tools can damage the connections. Tighten the individual parts by hand. The screw connection is water-tight before screwing it in all the way so that the individual parts can be correctly positioned. The shower head should point downwards. If screw connections are not water-tight, wrap the thread in Teflon tape Steinbach ID452 Solar Shower .
To assemble the solar shower, proceed as follows:
- Screw the shower head 9 including the seal onto the tank top part 1 .
- Place the seal 4 in the tank bottom part 7 .
- Slide the towel holder 2 and the threaded ring 3 onto the tank top part 1 Steinbach ID452 Solar Shower .
- Place the tank top part 1 onto the tank bottom part 7 .
- Slide the threaded ring 3 onto the connecting point and screw the top part and the bottom part together with the threaded ring.
- Slide the towel holder 2 over the threaded ring 3 .
- Screw the hose adapter 5 onto the hose connection. The solar shower is assembled Steinbach ID452 Solar Shower .
Filling the tank
To fill the tank 7 of your solar shower, proceed as follows:
- Connect a garden hose to the hose adapter 5 and the faucet of the water pipe. Position the garden hose so that no one can trip over it.
- Turn on the water supply faucet. Turn the faucet 8 all the way to the “hot” position and open it. In this position, the tank fills fastest. Water flows into the tank. It takes approx. 3 minutes for the tank to fill Steinbach ID452 Solar Shower .
- As soon as water runs consistently out of the shower head 9 , close the shower faucet.
- Tum off the faucet of the water pipe. the tank is filled Steinbach ID452 Solar Shower .
Using the solar shower
Observe the following before using your solar shower:
– Bacteria can multiply in warm water if the product is not used for longer periods. Risk of infection! The tank must be drained.
– The water temperature in the tank depends on the level of sunshine. In cloudy weather, the water will take longer to heat up. The water can become very hot in the case of intense sunlight.
– Remove obstacles from the showering area Steinbach ID452 Solar Shower .
To use your filled solar shower, proceed as follows:
- Connect a garden hose to the hose adapter 5 and the faucet of the water pipe. Position the garden hose so that no one can trip over it. Turn on the water supply faucet.
- Turn the faucet 8 to the center position (between hot and cold). Open the shower faucet.
- Turn the faucet left or right to set your desired water temperature. Use the faucet to control the water temperature and quantity, and enjoy showering in warm water.
- After showering, close the shower faucet. Turn off the faucet of the water pipe. The shower is finished Steinbach ID452 Solar Shower .
Water is still coming out of the shower head even after the faucet has been closed. This is caused by the water heating up in the unpressurized tank and is not a defect!
Only clean the product with a standard bathroom cleaner, clear tap water and a lint-free cloth. Aggressive cleaning agents can damage the product. Dry the product with a lint-free cloth Steinbach ID452 Solar Shower .
Disassembly Steinbach ID452 Solar Shower
Dismantling the product
Disconnect the solar shower from the water pipe and open the faucet. Unscrew the top part of the tank from the bottom part of the tank. Remove the attachment screws from the base of the product while the second person supports the product. Drain the remaining water from the tank.
After thorough cleaning and drying, store the product in a dry and frost-free place (= +5 °C) Steinbach ID452 Solar Shower .
If the problem cannot be solved, contact the customer service listed on the last page Steinbach ID452 Solar Shower .
Tank volume: 19 l
Maximum operating water pressure: 5 bar, use a pressure regulator if required
Height: 2160 mm
Weight (empty): 7.8 kg
- 049901 – Shower head
- 049900 – Shower rod
- 049904 – Towel holder
- 049903 – Threaded ring for Flexible solar shower
- 049905 – Sealing ring for Flexible solar shower
- 049902 – Handle for single-lever mixer
- 049907 – Hose adapter
- 049908 – Teflon tape
Steinbach ID452 Solar Shower Disposal
Disposing of the packaging
Sort the packaging before you dispose of it. Dispose of paperboard and cardboard with the recycled paper service and wrappings with the appropriate collection service.
Disposal of the product
Dispose of the product in line with the guidelines and regulations valid in your country Steinbach ID452 Solar Shower .
© 2022 Steinbach International GmbH