ThermoWorks DOT Simple Alarm
Thermometer User Manual
DOT, Batteries, Pro-Series® High Temp Straight Penetration Probe and this instruction card.
Tips for Use:
- Your DOT should not be affixed directly to a smoker or grill’s lid or left in the smoker or oven. The high heat will melt the plastic housing.
- Insert the probe so that the tip rests at the thickest part of the meat or food. Avoid gristle or bone.
- Set your desired alarm temperature. Chef-recommended doneness temperatures are on the reverse of this card. If cooking meat, set the alarm somewhat lower to allow for carryover heat during resting.
- The cable may be closed in an oven door or under a BBQ hood with the precautions below ThermoWorks DOT Simple Alarm Thermometer .
Cautions for Pro-Series High Temp Straight Penetration Probe
- Use hot pads or gloves when removing the probe from meat. It will be hot!
- Do not pull on the cable. Use the molded mini-handle.
- The cable will withstand 700°F (370°C) and the transition/handle 644°F (340°C) for short periods.
- Probe tip itself is rated to 572°F (300°C). Do NOT expose probe tip to flames or coals.
- Construction is moisture-resistant but we do not recommend full immersion of t he cable ThermoWorks DOT Simple Alarm Thermometer .
- Clean probe by wiping with damp cloth and kitchen cleaner.
- Keep the probe cable away from oven elements, flames, coals, grill or oven racks—all of which can reach temperatures far higher than 700°F (even if an
oven is set lower). The probe cable can be damaged at higher temperatures. The inner insulation will melt and the probe will short (displaying “NO PROBE” on the alarm display). ThermoWorks DOT Simple Alarm Thermometer User Manual
- When using in outdoor BBQ grills or smokers, avoid pinching the cable between hot surfaces such as a cast metal grill hood without some insulating protection. Use an access hole if available. ThermoWorks DOT Simple Alarm Thermometer
- Avoid repeated kinking or twisting of the probe cable which can break wires.
- With care, the probe should last a long time. Eventually, you may need to replace it. If the probe becomes damaged, the base unit will flash “NO PROBE” below the temperature display. Affordable replacements are available. Order model #TX-1004X-SP. Use only ThermoWorks Pro-Series Probes.
Go to www.thermoworks.com/dot for additional product information and more tips for use.
CABLE SHOULD AVOID:
Optional Pro-Series® Probes
* These temperatures are ideal peak temperatures. Meats should be removed from heat several degrees lower and allowed to rise during resting.
** Chef-recommended temperatures are consistent with many expert sources for taste and safety. USDA-recommended temperatures are 5 to 10°F (2 to 5°C) higher ThermoWorks DOT Simple Alarm Thermometer
Minimum Done Temps for Food Safety
Water Temps (at sea level)
Other Food Temps
Candy or Sugar Syrup Temps (at sea level)
For service or warranty: