Pyle License Plate Car Rearview Backup
Camera PLCM18BC User Manual
Please read all installation instructions carefully before installing the product. Improper installation will void manufacturer’s warranty. The installation instructions do not apply to all types of vehicles, and are written as guidelines to assist in installing the system. Please consult an experienced technician if you are not comfortable installing the product. Prior to using and installing the Backup Camera System, please read the safety information provided in this user manual. Be sure to use the product as outlined in this user manual. Altercation or medications carried out without appropriate authorization may invalidate the user’s right to operate the equipment Pyle License Plate Car Rearview Backup Camera PLCM18BC .
WARNING: Failure to read and follow these warnings and instructions may result in serious injury, including damaged property, so please pay close attention and exhibit the utmost care.
- The Digital Backup Camera is designed as an aid to the driver in detecting potentially hazardous driving conditions, obstructions, and large stationary objects. You, the driver, must also remember to drive safely and properly. Use of the Digital Backup Camera is not a substitute for safe, proper and legal driving practices Pyle License Plate Car Rearview Backup Camera PLCM18BC .
- Never back up while looking only at your connected monitor display screen. You should always check behind and around the vehicle when backing up just as you would if the vehicle did not have the Digital Backup Camera. Always make sure your driving area is clear. Always back up slowly and with caution.
- Never depend on the Backup Camera entirely when backing up. The image on the monitor display screen may be slightly deferent from actual and real time conditions. Objects viewed in the rear view monitor dicer from actual distances because a wide-angle lens is used. So use the camera as an aid and always follow intended driving practices to properly judge distances from objects Pyle License Plate Car Rearview Backup Camera PLCM18BC .
- The Backup Camera’s assisted low lux lighting performance feature is also an aid to a driver. Always use your own eyes to corm the vehicle’s surroundings, as the displayed image may be not well lit or not entirely visible. Always proceed with caution and perform double checks before proceeding.
- The area displayed by the Backup Camera is limited. It does not display objects that are close to or just below the bumper, underneath the vehicle, or objects out of the camera’s view. The camera’s view can change according to your vehicle’s orientation on the road or changing road conditions.
- Be sure to check the camera is properly functioning, is properly positioned and securely mounted, every time you operate your vehicle.
- Make sure your trunk or hatch operates correctly, as intended, before and after installation Pyle License Plate Car Rearview Backup Camera PLCM18BC .
- Proceed with caution when cleaning your vehicle around the camera. Avoid excess water exposure around the camera especially with spraying or a power washer Pyle License Plate Car Rearview Backup Camera PLCM18BC .
- Please make sure to keep the camera clean and unobstructed from any debris
- Follow all traffic laws and motor vehicle regulations.
- Consult local laws and regulations for any restrictions on installation or use.
- Using a Backup Camera System is not adequate enough to completely eliminate a vehicle’s blind spot. Always remember to drive with caution, following all traffic laws Pyle License Plate Car Rearview Backup Camera PLCM18BC .
System Installation and Wiring
Note: Camera System installation on diesel vehicles may require a slightly deterrent wiring install Pyle License Plate Car Rearview Backup Camera PLCM18BC .
Caution: Connecting to other types of electrical systems will cause damage to your vehicle. Please contact the manufacturer if you are unaware of the system type in your vehicle. Refer to the model’s power requirements prior to connection and installation. Pyle License Plate Car Rearview Backup Camera PLCM18BC
This rearview backup camera system comes with camera and installation wiring. When installing, the camera is preferably to be mounted in the rear of your vehicle (just above the license plate) Pyle License Plate Car Rearview Backup Camera PLCM18BC .
This kit includes necessary wiring and cable connector accessories sufficient for typical connections. However, additional accessory cables and installation materials may be necessary for completely secure and operational backup camera performance Pyle License Plate Car Rearview Backup Camera PLCM18BC .
Connect the camera to the using the included DC 12V power cable. Connect the DC 12V power cable to the positive 12V reverse tail light in the rear of your vehicle. Then, connect the black wire, of the DC 12V power cable, and ground properly. This connected power and ground cable then connects to
the camera, and will supply power to the camera directly Pyle License Plate Car Rearview Backup Camera PLCM18BC .
Next, use the included yellow RCA video connector cable, and run that cable from the yellow RCA video connector jack of the camera, to the yellow video connector of your compatible display monitor. The yellow RCA cable when connected, automatically retrieves the video signal when activated (when
your vehicle is switched into the reverse gear) Pyle License Plate Car Rearview Backup Camera PLCM18BC .
- Locate the reverse taillight wiring behind your vehicle’s reverse light. You may need to remove an interior panel, or other cover, in order to locate the wiring. Connect the included power 12V DC power cable to the reverse light Pyle License Plate Car Rearview Backup Camera PLCM18BC .
a. Connect the power cable’s Red wire to your vehicle’s reverse light positive wire.
b. Connect the power cable’s Black wire to your vehicle’s reverse light negative wire.
- Connect the camera to this ‘reverse light’ connection installation, then mount the camera in the desired location Pyle License Plate Car Rearview Backup Camera PLCM18BC .
- Run the RCA video cable from the camera to your compatible video display monitor.
* Please remember to run cables in the least obtrusive route possible. Vehicle vibrations and bumpy driving conditions can result, so extra care should be taken to securely mount the camera and fasten all cables and wiring to secure locations.
* Ensure the wires are safely and securely connected, with proper isolation applied to all connections Pyle License Plate Car Rearview Backup Camera PLCM18BC .
- Determine the best location for the camera (The camera is preferably mounted just above the license plate).
- Be sure when running the connection cables to leave a small amount of slack so you can still move the camera around the license plate, if you decide to slightly adjust the camera’s positioning at a later time.
- After installation, Test the camera before use. Placing your vehicle in reverse should provide a picture in the monitor within the rearview mirror assembly.
Rear-View Backup Camera
Rear-View Backup Camera
Waterproof Parking/Reverse Assist Cam with Built-in Distance Scale Lines,
Tilt Adjustable Angle (License Plate Mount)
- Universal Vehicle Mount Backup Camera
- Slim Bar-Type Cam Style
- Mounts Above the Rear License Plate
- Marine Grade Camera Construction
- Waterproof & Weather-Resistant
- Built-in Distance Scale Lines
- Tilt Adjustable Camera Lens Angle
- Auto White Balance & Image Adjustment
What’s in the Box:
- Backup Camera
- RCA Video Cable, 20’ ft.
- DC Power Cable, 3’ ft.
- Technical Specs:
- Waterproof Marine Grade Rating: IP-68
- 420 TVL Horizontal Resolution
- True Color Reproduction
- Total Pixels: 656 x 492
- Resolution: 420 TV Lines
- Viewing Angle: 170 Degree
- Low Lux Light Performance: 0.2 LUX
- Video Output: 1.0V PP-75 Ohm
- Power Supply: DC 12V 200mA
- 17 Foot male to male RCA Video Cable
- Includes All Necessary Installation Cables/Wires
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 10.0” x 1.3” x 1.3’’ -inches
- Sold as: Unit