UNI-T UT262E Phase Detector User Manual
Thank you for purchasing this brand new product. In order to use this product safely and correctly, please read this manual thoroughly, especially the safety notes.
After reading this manual, it is recommended to keep the manual at an easily accessible place, preferably close to the device, for future reference.
Limited Warranty and Liability
Uni-Trend guarantees that the product is free from any defect in material and workmanship within one year from the purchase date. This warranty does not apply to damages caused by accident, negligence, misuse, modification, contamination or improper handling. The dealer shall not be entitled to give any other warranty on behalf of Uni-Trend. If you need warranty service within the warranty period, please contact your seller directly.
Uni-Trend will not be responsible for any special, indirect, incidental or subsequent damage or loss caused by using this device.
Thank you for purchasing our UT262E non-contact Phase Detector, for better use of this product, be sure to:
—-To read this manual carefully.
——Comply strictly with safety rules and precautions set out in this manual.
- Pay special attention to safety under any circumstances while using the instrument. UNI-T
- Take note of the label text and symbols on the panel and back of the instrument.
- Check the instrument, lead wire and clamps, make sure no damage, no exposed and no break.
- Please don’t touch an exposed wire in measurement.
- Please don’t place and store the instrument at the place with high temperature, humidity, moisture condensation and straight sunlight for a long time.
- Remove the battery if the instrument is not in use for a long time.
- Take not of the polarity when replacing the battery, don’t replace batteries before moving away the clamps from wires.
- The operation, disassembly and maintenance of the instrument must be carried out by qualified personnel authorized to do so.
- The instrument should be stopped from being used immediately and sealed if danger is brought up in case of continued use; only a competent body can be authorized to deal with it.
- If use the detector without following up the operating instructions, the protection provided by the detector may be impaired or lost.
- This product can not be used in an environment containing dangerous insulation conductors or conductors with damaged insulation
- “” on the instrument is the warning sign, the contents of this manual must be followed for safe operation.
- “” in the manual is the danger sign, the contents of this manual must be followed for safe operation.
UT262E Non-contact Phase Detector breaks through the traditional methods of phase detection. The traditional method is to connect three exposed clips or probes to three bared live wires, so it needs to disconnect the three wires. While UT262E Non-contact Phase Detector adopts non-contact measurement, no need to disconnect wires, no need to touch high voltage bared live wires. With the three clamps clipped on the insulation layer of three phase live wires, then the phase can be detected, meanwhile sound and light indicates positive and negative states.
UT262E Non-contact Phase Detector also has the functions of live wire examination, power inspection, phase deficiency judgement, breakpoints finding, breakpoints positioning.
UT262E Non-contact Phase Detector is a convenient and fast tool for phase detection, with clear display. It improves the safety of field testing, ensures the safety of operators, increases productivity.
- Lead wire UNI-T
- R, S, T indicator lamp
- Phase sequence indicator lamp
- Power on indicator lamp
- Power on/ off button
- Battery compartment
- Phase sequence detection
Danger! High voltage! Please pay attention to safety!
(1 ). Clamp three phase wires with the three clamps respectively and arbitrarily.
(2). Put the wires at the position marked with “▲” “▼”
(3) Press “POWER” button, the power indicator lamp lights up blue and the buzzer sounds once. If the lamp cannot light up, maybe the battery is in low power or check the instrument, in that case, please replace the battery or repair the instrument.
(4). If the three phase sequence indicator lamps lights up and R indicator lamp lights up green, and the buzzer sounds intermittently and slowly, so it is positive phase sequence. If the three phase sequence indicator lamps lights up and L indicator lamp lights up red, and the buzzer sounds intermittently and fast, so it is negative phase sequence UNI-T
(5). Press “POWER” button in power-on state, the power indicator lamp turns off and the buzzer sounds once. The power will be turned off automatically if the instrument remains idle for 5 minutes after the power is turned on, to reduce power consumption.
- Live wire examination, power inspection, phase deficiency judgement, breakpoints finding Danger! High voltage! Please pay attention to safety! UNI-T
- (1 ). Clamp one wire with any one of damps, if it is an electrified wire (AC 70-1000V), R, S, T lamps light up. In this way to check whether the wire is electrified.
- (2). Clamp one wire with any one of clamps, if there is phase deficiency, R, S, T lamps won’t light up.
- (3). Clamp one wire with any one of clamps and move the clamp along the wire, if R, S, T lamps light off, it means the section wire before this point has a break. Breakpoints can be found out accurately by shortening the range of detection. II is a convenient and safe method for noncontact detection.
Note: This function is very suitable for detecting the circuit fault in the wire, safe and fast!
- (4). Clamps and lamps corresponding table: UNI-T
Pay attention to the battery polarity!
- Make sure the clamps have moved away from wires, don’t replace the batteries during measurement.
- Press “POWER” to turn off the instrument. UNI-T
- Loosen the screw, and then remove the battery cover.
- Replace the batteries with new ones, notice the polarity.
- Put the battery cover back in place, and tighten the screw.
- Press “POWER” to check whether the instrument can be turned on normally, if ii cannot be turned on, please check if the battery power is sufficient or repeat step 3. UNI-T
Instrument ——— 1 pcs
Cloth bag ——— 1 pcs
Battery ——— 2 pcs
User manual ——— 1 pcs
No. 6, Gong Ye Bei 1st Road, Songshan Lake National High-Tech Industrial Development Zone, Dongguan City, Guangdong Province, China
Download UNI-T UT262E Phase Detector User Manual PDF