Amana ACR2303MFW 30-INCH ELECTRIC RANGE
WITH WARM HOLD User Manual
Amana ACR2303MFW Coil Elements and Burner Bowls
Coil elements should be level for optimal cooking results. Burner bowls, when clean, reflect heat back to the cookware. They also help catch spills.
Cookware should not extend more than 1/2″ (1.3 cm) over the coil element. If cookware is uneven or too large, it can produce excess heat, causing the burner bowl to change color.
- Weight of the Cookware to be no Lighter than 1
- Discoloration of Medallion of the Coil Element is expected over
- Starting in June 2018 Whirlpool is equipping this product with new temperature-limiting coils pursuant to the updated standards in These new coils may vary cooking times compared to your old cooktop, e.g., a slightly longer time to boil large volumes of water Amana ACR2303MFW.
Cooktop On Indicator Light
The Cooktop On indicator light is located on the console panel. When any control knob on the console panel is turned on, the Cooktop On indicator light will glow Amana ACR2303MFW.
IMPORTANT: Do not leave empty cookware on a hot surface cooking area, element or surface burner Ideal cookware should have a flat bottom, straight sides and a well-fitting lid, and the material should be of medium-to-heavy thickness.
Rough finishes may scratch the cooktop. Aluminum and copper may be used as a core or base in cookware. However, when used as a base they can leave permanent marks on the surfaces. Cookware material is a factor in how quickly and evenly heat is transferred, which affects cooking results. A nonstick finish has the same characteristics as its base material. For example, aluminum cookware with a nonstick finish will take on the properties of aluminum. Cookware with nonstick surfaces should not be used under the broiler. Check for flatness by placing the straight edge of a ruler across the bottom of the cookware. While you rotate the ruler, no space or light should be visible between it and the cookware Amana ACR2303MFW.
Use the following chart as a guide for cookware material characteristics.
Use flat-bottomed cookware for best cooking results and energy efficiency. The cookware should be about the same size as the cooking area outlined on the cooktop. Cookware should not extend more than 1/2″ (1.3 cm) outside the area Amana ACR2303MFW.
Canning can be performed on a glass smooth top cooking surface or traditional coil element cooktop. When canning for long periods, alternate the use of surface cooking areas or elements between batches. This allows time for the most recently used areas to cool.
- Center the canner on the largest surface cooking area or On electric cooktops, canners should not extend more than 1/2″ (1.3 cm) beyond the surface cooking area or element Amana ACR2303MFW.
- Do not place canner on 2 surface cooking areas or elements at the same
- On ceramic glass models, use only flat-bottomed canners to avoid damage to the cooktop and
- For more information, contact your local agricultural extension office, or refer to published home canning Companies that manufacture home canning products can also offer assistance.
Odors and smoke are normal when the oven is used the first few times or when it is heavily soiled.
IMPORTANT: The health of some birds is extremely sensitive to the fumes given off. Exposure to the fumes may result in death to certain birds. Always move birds to another closed and well- ventilated room.
Oven Light Switch (on some models)
The oven light switch is located on the top left corner of the range Amana ACR2303MFW.
Oven Heating Indicator Light
The Oven Heating indicator light, located on the console panel, will glow when either the Bake or Broil function is turned on Amana ACR2303MFW.
Positioning Racks and Bakeware
To cook food evenly, hot air must be able to circulate. Allow 2″ (5 cm) of space around bakeware and oven walls. Make sure that no bakeware piece is directly over another Amana ACR2303MFW.
Rack 5: Toasting bread or broiling thin, non-fatty foods. Rack 4: 2-rack baking and broiling.
Rack 3: Most baked goods on a cookie sheet or jelly roll pan, layer cakes, frozen convenience foods; broiling chicken pieces.
Rack 2: Roasting small cuts of meat, pies, casseroles, Bundt cakes, and 2-rack baking.
Rack 1: Roasting large cuts of meat and poultry Amana ACR2303MFW.
Multiple Rack Cooking
2-rack: Use rack positions 2 and 4.
Baking and Roasting
Before baking and roasting, position the racks according to the “Positioning Racks and Bakeware” section. When roasting, it is not necessary to wait for the oven to preheat before putting food in, unless recommended in the recipe.
While in use, the oven elements will cycle on and off as needed to maintain a consistent temperature, but they may run slightly hot or cool at any point in time due to this cycling. Opening the oven door while in use will release the hot air and cool the oven which could impact the cooking time and performance. It is recommended to use the oven light to monitor cooking progress.
To Bake or Roast:
- Push in and turn the oven control knob to the desired temperature The Oven Heating light will turn on and remain on until the oven reaches the set temperature.
- Place food in The bake element will turn on and off to maintain cooking temperature. The Oven Heating light will turn on and off with the element.
- Turn oven control knob to OFF when
Leave the door open at the broil stop position to ensure proper broiling temperature. Preheat the oven for 5 minutes before putting food in unless recommended otherwise in the recipe. Position food on grid in a broiler pan, and then place it in the center of the oven rack.
NOTE: Odors and smoke are normal the first few times the oven is used or if the oven is heavily soiled Amana ACR2303MFW.
Changing the temperature when broiling allows more precise control when cooking. The lower the broil setting, the slower the cooking. Thicker cuts and unevenly shaped pieces of meat, fish and poultry may cook better at lower broil settings. Use racks 4 or 5 for broiling. Refer to the “Positioning Racks and Bakeware” section for more information.
On lower settings, the broil element will cycle on and off to maintain the proper temperature Amana ACR2303MFW.
- For best results, use a broiler pan and It is designed to drain juices and help avoid spatter and smoke.
If you would like to purchase a broiler pan, one may be ordered. Please refer to the Quick Start Guide for contact information Amana ACR2303MFW.
W11481069A ®/™ ©2020 Amana. All rights reserved. Used under license in Canada.