Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven User Manual
PRODUCT RECORD AND REGISTRATION
Visit the Frigidaire web site at www.frigidaire.com
Before you call for service, there are a few things you can do to help us serve you better.
Read this Use & Care Manual
This manual contains instructions to help you use and maintain your oven properly.
If You Received a Damaged Oven…
Immediately contact the dealer (or builder) that sold you the oven.
Save Time and Money
Check “Solutions to Common Problems” on page 29. This section helps step you through some common problems that might occur.
If you do need service, help is only a phone call away. Call Frigidaire customer services at 1-800-944-9044.
Registering your product with Frigidaire enhances our ability to serve you. You can register online at http:/www.frigidaire.com or by dropping your product registration card in the mail.
Record model and serial numbers here
Purchase Date: _______________________________
Frigidaire model number: _______________________
Frigidaire serial number: ________________________
For toll-free telephone support in the U.S. and Canada call
For online support and product information visit http://www.frigidaire.com.
Thank you for choosing Frigidaire.
This Use & Care manual is part of our commitment to customer satisfaction and product quality throughout the service life of your new appliance. We view your purchase as the beginning of a relationship. To ensure our ability to continue serving you, please use this page to record important product information.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
Read all instructions before using this appliance. This manual contains important safety symbols and instructions. Please pay attention to these symbols and follow all instructions given.
Do not attempt to install or operate your appliance until you have read the safety precautions in this manual. Safety items throughout this manual are labelled with a WARNING or CAUTION statement based on the risk type.
Warnings and important instructions appearing in this guide are not meant to cover all possible conditions and situations that may occur. Common sense, caution, and care must be exercised with installing, maintaining, or operating your appliance.
This is the safety alert symbol. It is used to alert you to potential personal injury hazards. Obey all safety messages that follow this symbol to avoid possible injury or death.
Indicates a potentially hazardous situation which, if not avoided, may result in death or serious injury.
Indicates a potentially hazardous situation which, if not avoided, may result in minor or moderate injury.
Indicates installation, operation, maintenance, or valuable information that is not hazard related.
Indicates a short, informal reference-something written down to assist the memory or for future reference.
Tip Over Hazard
- A child or adult can tip the oven and be killed.
- Install the anti-tip device to oven and/or structure per installation instructions.
- Ensure the anti-tip device is re-engaged when the oven is moved.
- Do not operate the oven without the anti-tip device in place and engaged.
- Failure to follow these instructions can result in death or serious burns to children and adults.
Anti-tip mounting holes Refer to the installation instructions supplied with your appliance for proper installation. Check for proper installation with a visual check that the anti-tip screws are present. Test the installation with light downward pressure on the open oven door. The oven should not tip forward.
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS FOR
UNPACKING AND INSTALLATION
Read and follow the below instructions and precautions for unpacking, installing, and servicing your appliance:
Remove all tape and packaging before using the appliance. Destroy the carton and plastic bags after unpacking the appliance. Never allow children to play with packaging material. Do not remove the wiring label and other literature attached to the range. Do not remove model/serial number plate.
Cold temperatures can damage the electronic control. When using this appliance for the first time, or when the appliance has not been used for an extended period of time, be sure the appliance has been in temperatures above 32ºF (0ºC) for at least 3 hours before turning on the power to the appliance.
Never modify or alter the construction of the appliance by removing the levelling legs, panels, wire covers, anti-tip brackets/screws, or any other part of the appliance. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
Be sure to have an appropriate foam-type fire extinguisher available, visible, and easily accessible located near the appliance.
Avoid fire hazard or electrical shock. Failure to follow this warning may cause serious injury, fire, or death.
Avoid fire hazard or electrical shock. Do not use an adapter plug, use an extension cord, or remove grounding prong from the power cord. Failure to follow this warning may cause serious injury, fire, or death.
Proper Installation—Be sure your appliance is properly installed and grounded by a qualified technician. In the United States, install in accordance with the National Fuel Gas Code ANSI Z223.1/NPFA No. 54, latest edition and National Electrical Code NFPA No. 70 latest edition, and local electrical code requirements. In Canada, install in accordance with CAN/CGA B149.1 and CAN/CGA B149.2 and CSA Standard C22.1, Canadian Electrical code, Part 1-latest editions and local electrical code requirements. Install only per installation instructions provided in the literature package for this appliance.
For personal safety, this appliance must be properly grounded. For maximum safety, the power cord must be securely connected to an electrical outlet or junction box that is the correct voltage, is correctly polarized and properly grounded, and protected by a circuit breaker in accordance with local codes.
It is the personal responsibility of the consumer to have the appropriate outlet or junction box with the correct, properly grounded wall receptacle installed by a qualified electrician. It is the responsibility and obligation of the consumer to contact a qualified installer to assure that the electrical installation is adequate and is in conformance with all local codes and ordinances.
See the installation instructions packaged with this appliance for complete installation and grounding instructions.
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS FOR USING THE
Storage In or On Appliance—Flammable materials should not be stored in an oven, near surface burners, or in the warmer drawer (if equipped). This includes paper, plastic, and cloth items, such as cookbooks, plastic ware, and towels, as well as flammable liquids. Do not store explosives, such as aerosol cans, on or near the range.
Do not leave children alone – Children should not be left alone or unattended in the area where the appliance is in use. They should never be allowed to sit or stand on any part of the appliance, including the storage drawer, lower broiler drawer, or lower double oven.
Do not store items of interest to children in the cabinets above the appliance or on the blackguards of ranges. Children climbing on or near the appliance to reach items could be seriously injured.
Do not allow children to climb or play around the appliance. The weight of a child on an open oven door may cause the appliance to tip, resulting in serious burns or other injury. An open drawer when hot may cause burns. Stepping, leaning, or sitting on the door or drawers of this appliance can result in serious injuries and also cause damage to the appliance.
Never cover any slots, holes, or passages in the oven bottom or cover an entire oven rack with materials such as aluminum foil or aftermarket oven liners. Aluminum foil linings may trap heat, causing a fire hazard. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
Do not use oven or warmer drawer (if equipped) for storage.
Never use your appliance as a space heater to heat or warm the room. Doing so may result in carbon monoxide poisoning and overheating of the appliance.
When heating fat or grease, watch it closely. Grease may catch fire if it becomes too hot.
Do not use water or flour on grease fires. Smother fire or flame or use dry chemical or foam-type extinguisher. Cover the fire with a pan lid or use baking soda.
Use dry potholders. Moist or damp potholders on hot surfaces may result in burns from steam.
Do not let potholders touch hot cooking areas.
Do not use towels or other bulky cloths.
Do not heat unopened food containers – Buildup of pressure may cause container to burst and result in injury.
Wear proper apparel – Loose-fitting or hanging garments should never be worn while using the appliance. Do not let clothing or other flammable materials contact hot surfaces.
Do not touch surface burners or elements, areas near these burners or elements, interior
surfaces of the oven, or the warmer drawer (if equipped). Surface burners and elements may be hot even though they appear cool. Areas near surface burners and elements may become hot enough to cause burns. During and after use, do not touch, or let clothing or other flammable materials touch these areas until they are cool. These areas may include the cooktop, surfaces facing the cook top, oven vent areas, oven door, and oven window.
Do not attempt to operate the appliance during a power failure. If the power fails, always turn off the appliance. If the appliance is not turned off and the power resumes, electric surface elements may resume operation when power is restored. Once the power resumes, reset the clock and the oven function.
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS FOR USING
Protective liners—Do not use aluminium foil, aftermarket oven liners, or any other materials or devices to line oven bottom, oven racks, or any other part of the appliance. Only use aluminium as recommended for baking, such as lining cookware or as a cover placed on food. Any other use of protective liners or aluminium foil may result in a risk of electric shock or fire or a short circuit.
Use care when opening oven door, lower oven door, or warmer drawer (some models). Stand to the side of the appliance when opening the door of a hot oven. Let hot air or steam escape before you remove or replace food in the oven.
Keep oven vent ducts unobstructed. Touching surfaces in this area when the oven is on may cause severe burns. Do not place plastic or heat sensitive items on or near the oven vent. These items can melt or ignite.
Placement of oven racks – Always place oven racks in desired location while oven is cool. If rack must be moved while oven is hot, do not let potholder contact hot burner or element in oven. Use potholders and grasp the rack with both hands to reposition. Remove all cookware and utensils before moving the rack.
Do not use a broiler pan without its insert. Broiler pans and inserts allow dripping fat to drain away from the high heat of the broiler. Do not cover the broiler insert with aluminum foil; exposed fat and grease could ignite.
Do not cook food on the oven bottom. Always cook in proper cookware and always use the oven racks.
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS FOR CLEANING
Before manually cleaning any part of the appliance, be sure all controls are turned off and the range is cool. Cleaning a hot oven can cause burns.
Clean the appliance regularly to keep all parts free of grease that could catch fire. Do not allow grease to accumulate. Greasy deposits in the fan could catch fire.
Always follow the manufacturer’s recommended directions for use of kitchen cleaners and aerosols. Be aware that excess residue from cleaners and aerosols may ignite causing damage and injury.
Clean ventilating hoods frequently – Grease should not be allowed to accumulate on hood or filter. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for cleaning vent hoods.
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS FOR SELF
Do not clean the oven door gasket. The door gasket is essential for a good seal. Care should be taken not to rub, damage, or move the gasket.
Do not use oven cleaners. No commercial oven cleaner or oven liner protective coating of any kind should be used in or around any part of the appliance.
Use the Self Clean cycle to clean only the parts listed in this manual.
Before using Self Clean, remove the broiler pan, any food, utensils, and cookware from the oven, storage drawer or warming drawer (if equipped). Remove oven racks unless otherwise instructed.
Some birds are extremely sensitive to the fumes given off during the Self Clean cycle of any oven. Move birds to another well-ventilated room.
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS FOR SERVICE
Do not repair or replace any part of the appliance unless specifically recommended in the manuals. All other servicing should be done only by a qualified technician. This reduces the risk of personal injury and damage to the appliance. Always contact your dealer, distributor, service agent, or manufacturer about problems or conditions you do not understand.
Ask your dealer to recommend a qualified technician and an authorized repair service. Know how to disconnect the power to the appliance at the circuit breaker or fuse box in case of an emergency. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
Remove the oven door from any unused oven if it is to be stored or discarded.
Do not touch a hot oven light bulb with a damp cloth. Doing so could cause the bulb to break. Handle halogen lights (if equipped) with paper towels or soft gloves. Disconnect the appliance or shut off the power to the appliance before removing and replacing the bulb.
Important Safety Notice – The California Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act requires the governor of California to publish a list of substances known to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harms, and requires businesses to warn customers of potential exposures to such substances. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
The material of bakeware affects how evenly and quickly it transfers heat from the pan to the food.
Conditions in your kitchen can affect the performance of your appliance when cooking food.
Small adjustments may fix a problem with food not being as done as you like or more done than you like. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
Use these additional tips to get the best results from your appliance.
BEFORE SETTING OVEN CONTROLS
Oven Vent Location
The oven is vented as shown below. When the oven is on, warm air is released through the vent. This venting is necessary for proper air circulation in the oven and good baking results. Do not block oven vent. Never close off the openings with aluminium foil or any other material. Steam or moisture may appear near the oven vent; this is normal. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
Figure 1: Do not block oven vent location
Note: Some models are equipped with a cooling fan that runs during the cooking process to cool internal electronic components. It is normal for this fan to continue to run for an extended period of time, even when the oven is off. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
Always use pot holders or oven mitts when using the oven. When cooking, the oven interior and exterior, oven racks, and cooktop will become very hot which can cause burns. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
Protective Liners — Do not use aluminum foil or any other materials to line the oven bottom, walls, racks or any part of the oven. Only use aluminum foil as recommended in this manual. Improper installation of these liners may result in risk of electric shock or fire. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
All oven racks should be removed before a Self Clean operation. Racks left in the oven during the high heat of the Self Clean function can easily discolor. The ability of the racks to easily slide in and out along the rack positions may also be affected. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
Type of oven racks
Oven Rack Descriptions
- Flat oven racks (or the flat handle oven rack) may be used for most cooking needs and may be placed in most oven rack positions.
- The offset oven rack (some models) provides additional step down positions from the standard flat rack design. The offset design positions the base of the rack about ½ of a rack position lower than the flat rack and may be used in most oven rack positions. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
Removing, replacing, and arranging flat or offset oven racks
To arrange – Always arrange the oven racks when the oven is cool (prior to operating the oven).
To remove – Pull the oven rack straight forward until it reaches the stop position. Lift up front of oven rack slightly and slide out.
To replace – Place the oven rack on the rack guides on both sides of oven walls. Tilt the front of oven rack upward slightly and slide the oven rack back into place. Be sure oven racks are level before using. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
SETTING OVEN CONTROLS
Oven Control Features
- Timer on-off – Use to set or cancel the minute timer. The minute timer does not start or stop any cooking function.
- Set Clock – Use to set clock. Clock must be set before oven controls are operational.. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
- Bake Time – Use to set length of baking time desired and for cooking to end automatically.
- Delay Start – Add to Bake and Self Clean to program a Delay Start.
- Keep Warm – Use to keep cooked foods at serving temperature of 170°F (77°C) for up to three hours.
- Self Clean – Use to set self-clean cycle of 2, 3, or 4hrs.
- Oven Light – Use to turn on internal light. Will turn on when the oven door is open.
- Oven Lock – Use to lock oven door and oven controls.
- Bake – Use to select Bake feature.
- Broil – Use to set Broil feature for temperatures between 400°F(205°C) and 550°F(288°C).
- 0 through 9 keys – Use to set temperature and time.
- START – Use to start most oven features and to set clock.
- OFF – Use to clear any feature except the time of day and minute timer. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
Time and Temperature Settings
All of the features listed below may be entered into the control. An entry acceptance beep will sound each time a control key is touched (the acceptance beep on the oven lockout key is delayed 3 seconds). An entry error tone (3 short beeps) will sound if the entry of the temperature or time is below the minimum or above the maximum settings for the feature. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
Note: An entry acceptance tone (1beep) will sound each time a key is touched (the oven lock key is delayed 3 seconds). An entry error tone (3 short beeps) will sound if the entry of the temperature or time is below the minimum or above the maximum settings for the feature. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
Setting the Clock
The set clock control is used to set the clock. The clock may be set for 12 or 24 hours display operation. The clock is preset at the factory for 12 hour display. When the oven is first plugged in, or when the power supply to the oven has been interrupted, the timer in the display will flash.
To set the clock (example below for 1:30): Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
- Press Set Clock. CLO will appear in the display.
- Press 1 3 0 on the keypad to set the time of day to 1:30. CLO will stay in the display.
- Press START. CLO will disappear and the clock will start Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
Setting Control for Silent Operation
Delay Start and Self Clean keys control the silent control operation feature. The silent control operation feature allows the oven control to be operated without sounds or beeps whenever necessary. If desired the control can be programmed for silent operation and later returned to operating with all the normal sounds and beeps. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
To change control from normal sound operation to silent control operation:
- To set oven for normal or silent operation, press and hold Delay Start. — — will appear and DELAY will flash in the display. After 6 seconds bEEP On or bEEP OFF will appear in the display. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
- Press Self Clean to switch between normal sound operation and silent operation mode. The display will show either bEEP On or bEEP OFF. If bEEP On appears, the control will operate with normal sounds and beeps. If bEEP OFF appears, the control is in the silent operation mode.
- Press START to accept the change or press OFF to reject the change. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
Setting 12 or 24 Hour Time of Day Display
- Press and hold set clock for 6 seconds. CLO will appear in the display.
- Continue holding the key until 12Hr dAY or 24Hr dAY appears in the display and the control beeps once.
- Press Self Clean to switch between the 12 and 24 hour time of day display. The display will show either 12Hr dAY or 24Hr dAY.
- Press START to accept the change or press OFF to reject the change.
- Reset the correct time as described in this section. If the 24 hour time of day mode was chosen, the clock will display time from 0:00 through 23:59 hours. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
Setting Continuous Bake or 12 Hour Energy Saving
The Timer On-Off and Self Clean keys control the continuous bake or 12 hour energy saving features. The oven control has a factory preset 12 Hour Energy Saving feature that shuts off the oven if the oven control is left on for more than 12 hours. The oven can be programmed to override this feature for Continuous Baking. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
To set the control for continuous bake or 12 hour energy saving:
- Press and hold Timer On-Off for 5 seconds. 12Hr OFF or StAY On will appear in the display and the control will beep once.
- Press Self Clean to switch between the 12 hour energy saving and continuous bake features.
- Press START to accept the change (display will return to time of day) or press OFF to reject the change. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
12Hr OFF indicates the control is set for the 12 hour energy saving mode. StAY On indicates the control is set for the continuous bake feature.
Temperature Display (Fahrenheit/Celsius)
The Broil and Self Clean keys control the Fahrenheit (°F) or Celsius (°C) temperature display modes. The oven control can be programmed to display temperatures in °F or °C. The oven is preset at the factory to display in °F. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
To change display from °F to °C or °C to °F
- To tell if the display is set for °F or °C, press Broil and hold for 6 seconds. 550° will appear, Broil will flash in the display, and a beep will sound. If F appears, the display is set to show temperatures in °F. If C appears, the display is set to show temperatures in °C.
- Press Self Clean to switch between °F or °C display modes. The display will show either F or C.
- Press START to accept the change or press OFF to reject the change. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
The control will always beep at the end of a minute timer and will beep when a set temperature has been reached, even if the control is set to silent operation.
Setting the Timer
The Timer On-Off key controls the minute timer and serves as an extra timer and can be used during any of the other oven control functions. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
To set the minute timer:
- Press Timer On-Off. — — will appear and timer will flash in the display. Press the number keys to set the desired time.
- Press START. The time will begin to count down and Timer will stay in the display. When the time expires, End and Timer will show in the display. The clock will beep three times every 30 seconds until Timer On-Off is pressed.
- To cancel the minute timer before the set time expires, press Timer On-Off. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
If START is not pressed, the timer will return to the time of day after 25 seconds.The timer does not start or stop the cooking process.
Setting Oven Lockout Feature
The lock icon controls the oven lockout. When active, this feature automatically locks the oven door, preventing the oven from being turned on. It does not affect the clock, timer, or the interior oven lights. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
To activate the oven lockout feature:
- Press and hold the lock icon for 3 seconds.
- After 3 seconds, door Loc will appear, a tone will sound, and the word DOOR and the lock icon will flash. Do not attempt to open the oven door while it is locking. This can ruin the door lock mechanism.
- Once locked, DOOR and the lock icon will stop flashing and Loc remains visible in the display. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
To reactivate normal oven operation:
- Press and hold lock icon for 3 seconds.
- After 3 seconds, door Loc will appear, a tone will sound, and the word DOOR and the lock icon will flash in the display until the oven door has completely unlocked. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
- The oven door can be opened and the oven controls becomes available when the item with a padlock icon disappears from the display.
The oven light will turn on automatically when the oven door is opened. The oven light may be turned on when the door is closed by using the oven light key on the control panel. The light will stay off until the door unlocks. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
To toggle the oven lights on and off:
- The interior oven lights are covered with a glass shield. The glass shield must be in place whenever the oven is in use. To change the interior oven lights, see “Replacing the oven light” on page 31.
The Bake function cooks the food with the heat that rises from the bottom of the oven. Heat and air circulate naturally in the oven. An audible reminder indicates that the cooking temperature is reached and to place the food in the oven. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
The Bake function can be set at oven temperatures ranging from 77 to 288 ° C (170 to 550 ° F).
- For best results when baking cakes using two oven racks, place racks in positions 2 and 4 (See Figure 2).
- When baking using two oven racks, position cookware as shown in Figure 3. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
Always wear mitts to use the oven. When cooking, the inside and outside of the oven, and grills become very hot; This can cause burns.
To set the bake temperature to 350°F:
- Press Bake.
- 350 will appear in the display. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
- Press START.
To turn off the oven at any time press OFF.
Setting Bake Time
Use Bake Time when setting the oven to cook for a specific length of time and shut off automatically when the time is complete. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
When cooking time ends, the oven will shut off and will beep. This feature can be used with Bake, convection bake, convection roast, and slow cook modes.
To program the oven to begin baking immediately and to shut off automatically (example: Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes):
- Be sure the clock is set for the correct time of day.
- Arrange interior oven rack(s) and place the food in then oven.
- Press Bake. 350 will appear in the display.
- Press START. The actual oven temperature will appear in the display.
- Press Bake Time. — — will appear in the display.
- Enter the desired baking time by pressing 3 0.
- Press START. Once the timed Bake feature has started, the current time of day will appear in the display. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
Press OFF when baking has finished or at any time to cancel the Bake Time feature. A bake time of 0 minute can also be entered to cancel the Bake Time feature and keep the oven in its current cooking mode. When the timed bake finishes: Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
- End and the time of day will show in display. The oven will shut off automatically.
- The control will beep three times. The control will continue to beep three times every 30 seconds until OFF is pressed.
Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven Baking time can be set for any amount of time between 1 minute to 11hrs and 59 minutes. The time remaining can be shown in the timer section of the display by pressing Bake Time at any moment of the cooking.
Once Bake Time has started baking, a beep will sound when the oven temperature reaches the set temperature.
Setting Delay Start
Food Poisoning Hazard. Do not let food sit for more than one hour before or after cooking. Doing so can result in food poisoning or sickness. Foods that can easily spoil such as milk, eggs, fish, meat, or poultry should be chilled in the refrigerator first. Even when chilled, they should not stand in the oven for more than 1 hour before cooking begins and should be removed promptly when finished cooking. Always wear oven mitts when using the oven. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
Bake, Bake Time, and Delay Start keys control the delayed start feature. The automatic timer of delayed start will turn the oven on and off at the time you select in advance.
To program the oven for a delayed start time with the Bake function (example: baking at 375°F for 30 minutes, starting at 5:30):
- Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven Be sure that the clock is set with the correct time of day.
- Arrange interior oven rack and place the food in the oven.
- Press Bake. 350 will appear in the display.
- Enter the temperature pressing 3 7 5.
- Press START. The actual oven temperature will appear in the display. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
- Press Bake Time and enter 3 0 using numeric keys.
- Press START.
- Press Delay Start.
- Enter the desired start time by pressing 5 3 0. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
- Press START.
When a delayed baking function starts, the set oven temperature will appear. Delay, Bake, and the current time of day will appear in the display. When the desired start time is reached, the actual oven temperature appears in display and delay disappears. Oven starts to bake at the previously selected temperature.
Broiling is direct heat cooking and will produce some smoke. If smoke is excessive, place food further away from the element. Watch food to prevent burning.
When broiling, always remember to arrange the oven racks while oven is still cool. Broil with oven door closed.
For optimum browning, preheat the broil element for 2 minutes. Broil one side until the food is browned; turn and cook on the second side. Season and serve.
The Broil key controls the broil feature. An optional broil pan and broil pan insert used together allow grease to drain away from the high heat of the oven broiler. The oven can be programmed to broil at any temperature from 400°F to 550°F with a default temperature of 550°F. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
Always wear oven mitts when broiling. Should an oven fire occur, close the oven door and turn the oven off. If the fire continues, use a fire extinguisher. Do not put water or flour on the fire. Flour may be explosive.
Do not use the pan without the insert. Do not cover the insert with aluminium foil; the exposed grease could ignite. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
To set a broil of 500°F:
- Place the broiler pan insert on the broiler pan and place the food on the broiler pan insert. Do not use the broiler pan without the insert.The exposed grease could ignite. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
- Arrange the interior oven rack and place the broiler pan on the rack.
- Press Broil. 550 will appear in the display. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
- Press 5 0 0. If a lower Broil temperature is desired (minimum broil temperature setting is 400°F), press the desired temperature before continuing to Step 5.
- Press START. The oven will begin to broil. 500° will appear in the display. Preheat for 2 minutes before broiling. Broil with oven door closed.
- Center the broiler pan directly under the broiler element. Broil on one side until food is browned; turn and cook on the second side. Season and serve. Always pull the rack out to the stop position before turning or removing food.
- To stop broiling, press OFF. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
If a broiler pan and insert are not supplied with this appliance they may be purchased from frigidaire.com.
Table 1: Broil recommendations
The U.S. Department of Agriculture states, **Rare fresh beef is popular, but you should know that cooking it to only 140°F (60°C) means some food poisoning organisms may survive.” (Source: Safe Food Book, Your Kitchen Guide, USDA Rev. June 1985.) The lowest temperature recommended by the USDA is 145°F (63°C) for medium rare fresh beef. For well done 170°F (77ºC). All cook times shown are after 2 minutes of preheating. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
Setting Keep Warm
Keep Warm is best for keeping oven baked foods warm for serving after cooking has finished. The Keep Warm key turns on the Keep Warm feature, will maintain an oven temperature of 170°F (77°C), and will keep oven baked foods warm for serving up to 3 hours after cooking. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
To set Keep Warm:
- Arrange interior oven racks and place food in oven. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
- Press Keep Warm. “HLd” will appear in the display.
- Press START. If start is not touched within 25 seconds the request to turn on the Keep Warm feature will be canceled.
- To turn off the Keep Warm feature at any time, press OFF.
To set Keep Warm to turn on automatically:
- Arrange interior oven racks and place food in oven. Set the oven properly for Bake Time or Delay Start. For Delay Start instructions, see page 16. For Bake Time instructions, see page 18. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
- Press Keep Warm. If no key is touched within 25 seconds, the request to turn on the warm feature will be cancelled.
- Press START. HLd will disappear and the temperature will be displayed. The warm mode is set to turn on automatically after timed bake has finished.
- To turn the warm feature off at any time, press OFF.
Important: After 3 hours, the Keep Warm feature will shut the oven off. The Keep Warm feature may be used without any other cooking operations or can be set to turn on automatically after a Bake Time or Delay Start. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
Adjusting Oven Temperature
The temperature in the oven is pre-set at the factory. When first using the oven, be sure to follow recipe times and temperatures. If you think the oven is cooking too hot or too cool for the temperature you select, you can adjust the actual oven temperature to be more or less than what is displayed.
Before adjusting, test a recipe by using a temperature setting higher or lower than the recommended temperature. The baking results should help you to decide how much of an adjustment is needed. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
Do not use oven thermometers such as those found in grocery stores. The temperatures can vary as much as 20 to 40 degrees.
To adjust the oven temperature higher:
- Press Bake for 6 seconds. UPO 0 will appear in the display.
- To increase the temperature, use the number keys to enter the desired change. For 20°F, press 2 0. To set the oven for -20 °, press Self Clean to toggle between + and -.
- Press START to accept the temperature change and the display will return to the time of day. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
Oven temperature adjustments do not affect Broil, Self Clean or Keep Warm functions.
The oven temperature settings can be made even if your oven displays temperatures in ° C (Celsius). Maximum and minimum settings in Celsius range from plus (+) 19 ° C to minus (-) 19 ° C.
Setting the Sabbath Feature (For use on the Jewish Sabbath and Holidays) Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
The Bake Time and Delay Start keys are used to set the Sabbath feature.
For further assistance, guidelines for proper usage, and a complete list of models with the Sabbath feature, please visit the web at http:\\www.star-k.org.
The Sabbath feature may only be used with the Bake function. Once the oven is properly set using Bake with the Sabbath feature active, the oven will remain on until cancelled. The Sabbath feature overrides the factory preset 12 hour energy saving feature.
If the oven light is needed during the Sabbath, press Oven light before activating the Sabbath feature. Once the oven light is turned on and the Sabbath feature is active, the oven light will remain on until the Sabbath feature is turned off. If the oven light needs to be off, be sure to turn the oven light off before activating the Sabbath feature. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
It is advised to not activate any cooking function other than Bake while the Sabbath feature is active.
To program the oven to begin baking immediately and activate the Sabbath feature (example: baking at 350°F):
- Be sure that the clock is set with the correct time of day. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
- Place the food in the oven. Press Bake. 350° appears in the display. Press START. The actual oven temperature appears in the display.
- If you desire to set the oven control for a Bake Time or delayed Bake Time, do so at this time. If not, skip this step and continue to Step 5. For Delay Start instructions, see page 16. For Bake Time instructions, see page 18. Remember the oven will turn off after using Bake Time or Delay Start and may only be used once during the Sabbath/Jewish holidays. The maximum bake time is 5 hours and 59 minutes.
- The oven will turn on and begin heating. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
- Press and hold both the Bake Time and Delay Start keys for at least 3 seconds. SAb will appear in the display. Once SAb appears in the display, the oven control will no longer beep or display any further changes, and the oven is properly set for the Sabbath feature.
- The oven may be turned off at any time by first pressing OFF (this will turn the oven off only).
- To turn off the Sabbath feature, press and hold both the Bake Time and Delay Start keys for at least 3 seconds. SAb will disappear from the display. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
You may change the oven temperature once baking has started by pressing Bake and the numeric keys for the new temperature. For example, to change from 350°F to 425°F, press 4 2 5. Then, press START twice.
Only the following controls will function after setting the Sabbath feature: numeric keypad, Bake, START, and off. All other features will not function once the Sabbath feature is properly activated. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
The display will not show temperature changes or sound any audible tones when the oven is set with the Sabbath feature.
Power failure while using Sabbath feature:
Should you experience a power failure or interruption, the oven will shut off. When power is returned, SF (Sabbath Failure) will be displayed, and the oven will not turn back on automatically. If your food was nearly fully cooked, you may allow the trapped heat in the oven to finish the cooking process. Otherwise, you should remove the food when the power failure occurs because you may only start the oven once during the Sabbath/Jewish holidays.
After the Sabbath observance turn off the Sabbath feature. Press and hold both the Bake Time and Delay Start keys for at least 3 seconds. SAb will disappear from the display and the oven may be used with all normal functions. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
A self-cleaning oven cleans itself with high temperatures (well above normal cooking temperatures) which eliminate soils completely or reduces them to a fine powdered ash you can wipe away with a damp cloth. Self clean may be programmed for 2 to 4 hours depending on the need for deep cleaning.
Important: Please read all safety instructions and statements before starting self clean. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
To avoid possible burns, use care when opening the oven door after the clean cycle. Stand to the side of the oven when opening the door to allow hot air or steam to escape. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
Do not leave small children unattended near the appliance during a clean cycle; the range may become very hot to the touch.
Do not line the oven walls, racks, bottom, or any other part of the oven with aluminum foil. Doing so will block heat distribution, produce poor baking results, and cause permanent damage to the oven interior (aluminium foil will melt to the interior surface of the oven).
The health of some birds is extremely sensitive to the fumes given off during the self-cleaning cycle of any oven. Move birds to another well-ventilated room.
Do not force the oven door open. This can damage the automatic door locking system. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
- Do not use oven cleaners or protective coatings in or around any part of the oven interior. Do not clean the oven door gasket. Take care not to rub, damage, or remove the gasket or use any cleaning substances on the oven door gasket (See Figure 6). Doing so could cause damage and reduce the efficiency of the oven’s performance. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
- Clean any soil from the oven frame, door liner outside the oven door gasket, and the small area at the front centre of the oven bottom with soap and water (See Figure 6). These areas heat sufficiently to burn soil on. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
- Remove any excessive spills from the oven cavity before starting the self-cleaning cycle. To clean, use hot, soapy water and a cloth. Large spills can cause heavy smoke or fire when subjected to high temperatures. Do not allow food spills with a high sugar or acid content (such as milk, tomatoes, sauerkraut, fruit juices, or pie filling) to remain on the surface as they may leave a dull spot even after cleaning.
- Do not use aluminum foil or liners in the oven. These items are not made to withstand the very high temperatures of a self-clean cycle and will melt.
- Remove all oven racks and accessories. If oven racks are not removed before a self-clean, they will lose their special coating and will no longer slide in and out of the oven cavity effortlessly.
- Oven racks accidentally left in the oven during Self Clean may be wiped down after cooling with a hightemperature cooking oil to lubricate them.
- Do not attempt to open the oven door while it is locking. This can ruin the door lock mechanism. Wait a full 15 seconds until the door lock icon stops flashing before opening the door. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
Setting Self-Clean Cycle Duration
The Self Clean key controls the self-cleaning feature. If you are planning to use the oven directly after a self-clean cycle remember to allow time for the oven to cool down and the oven door to unlock. This normally takes about one hour. A 3 hour self-clean cycle will actually take about 4 hours to complete.
It is recommended to use a 2 hour self-clean cycle for light soils, a 3 hour cycle for average soils, and a 4 hour cycle for heavy soils. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
To set the controls for a 3 hour self-cleaning cycle to start immediately and shut off automatically:
- Be sure the clock is set with the correct time of day and the oven door is closed.
- Press Self Clean. CLn and 3:00 HR will show in the display. The control will automatically clean for a 3 hour period (default self cleaning cycle time).
- Press START. door Loc will appear, a beep will sound, and the word DOOR and the (lock icon) will flash; CLn will remain on in the display.
- As soon as the control is set, the motor driven oven door lock will begin to close automatically. Once the door is locked, the DOOR indicator light and lock icon will stop flashing and remain on, and the oven icon will appear in the display. Allow about 15 seconds for the oven door to lock completely.
When the self-clean cycle is completed:
- HOT will appear in the display. The time of day, the word DOOR, and the lock icon will remain in the display.
- Once the oven has cooled for approximately 1 hour, door OPn will appear, and the word DOOR and the lock icon will flash until the door unlocks. The door can be opened, and the display will show the time of day. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
To stop or Interrupt a self-cleaning cycle:
If it becomes necessary to stop or interrupt a self-cleaning cycle due to excessive smoke or fire in the oven:
- Press OFF.
- The oven door can only be opened after the oven has cooled down for about 1 HOUR. door OPn will appear, and the word DOOR and the lock icon will flash until the door is unlocked. The oven door can then be opened, and the timer will revert back to the time of day.
The Self Clean and Delay Start keys control the delayed self-clean operation. The automatic timer will turn the oven on and off at the time you select in advance. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
To set the control for the self-cleaning cycle to start at a delayed time and shut off automatically (example: 3 hour self-clean cycle to start at 4:30):
- Be sure the clock is set with the correct time of day and the oven door is closed. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
- Press Self Clean. CLn and 3:00 HR will show in the display. The control will automatically clean for a 3 hour period. If a 2 or 4 hour clean time is desired, press Self Clean multiple times to toggle between 2, 3, or 4 hours.
- Press START. door Loc will appear, a beep will sound, and the word DOOR and the lock icon will flash. The letters CLn will remain on in the display.
- As soon as the control is set, the motor driven oven door lock will begin to close automatically. Once the door has been locked, the word DOOR and the lock icon indicator light will quit flashing and remain on.
- Press delay START. Enter the desired start time using the number keys 4 3 0.
- Press START. DELAY, DOOR, and the lock icon will remain on.
- The control will start the self-cleaning at the set start time for the period of time previously selected. At that time, the icon DELAY will go out; CLn and oven icon will appear in the display. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
When the self-clean cycle is completed:
- HOT will appear in the display. The time of day, the word DOOR, and the lock icon will remain in the display.
- When oven cools approximately 1 HOUR, door OPn will appear, and the word DOOR and the lock icon will flash until the door is unlocked. The oven door can then be opened, and the timer will revert back to the time of day. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
CARE AND CLEANING
Cleaning Various Parts of Your Oven
Before cleaning any part of the oven, be sure all controls are turned off and the oven is cool. Remove spills and any heavy soiling as soon as possible. Regular cleaning will reduce the number of major cleaning later. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
- Before cleaning any part of the appliance, be sure all controls are turned off and the appliance is cool.
- If ammonia or appliance cleaners are used, they must be removed and the appliance must be thoroughly rinsed before operating. Follow manufacturer’s instructions and provide adequate ventilation. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
Figure 7: Use cleaners with caution
Refer to the table at the beginning of this chapter for more information about cleaning specific parts of the oven. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
Before manually cleaning any part of the oven, be sure all controls are turned off and the oven is cool. The oven may be hot and can cause burns.
Remove all racks and accessories from the oven before cleaning.
Ammonia must be rinsed before operating the oven. Provide adequate ventilation.
Follow these cleaning precautions:
- Allow the oven to cool before cleaning.
- Wear rubber gloves when cleaning the appliance manually. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
Remove soils using hot, soapy water. Do not allow food spills with a high sugar or acid content (such as milk, tomatoes, sauerkraut, fruit juices or pie filling) to remain on the surface as they may cause a dull spot even after cleaning. Remove spillovers and heavy soiling as soon as possible. Regular cleaning will reduce the effort required for major cleaning later.
Boiler Pan Cleaning Tips
To prevent grease from baking on, remove the broiler pan from the oven as soon as cooking is completed. Use oven mitts because the broiler pan is extremely hot. Pour off grease. Soak the pan in hot, soapy water.
Clean the broiler pan as soon as possible after each use. If necessary, use soap-filled steel wool pads. Heavy scouring may scratch the grid. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
Aluminum Foil, Aluminum Utensils, and Oven Liners
Never cover any slots, holes, or passages in the oven bottom or cover an entire oven rack with materials such as aluminium foil. Doing so blocks air flow through the oven and may cause carbon monoxide poisoning. Aluminium foil linings may trap heat, causing a fire hazard.
Protective liners—Do not use aluminium foil to line the oven bottom. The high heat of the oven can melt these materials to the oven cavity and ruin the oven. These types of materials can also reduce the effectiveness of the air circulation in the oven and produce poor baking results. Only use aluminium foil as recommended in this manual. Improper installation of these liners may result in risk of electric shock or fire. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
- Aluminium utensils – The melting point of aluminium is much lower than that of other metals. Care must be taken when aluminium pots or pans are used.
- Oven racks – Do not use aluminium foil to cover the oven racks. Using a liner in the oven restricts the heat and air flow needed to obtain the best possible cooking results for any oven. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
Replacing the Oven Light
Be sure the oven is unplugged and all parts are cool before replacing the oven light. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
The interior oven light is located at the rear of the oven cavity and is covered by a glass shield. The glass shield must be in place whenever the oven is in use (Figure 9).
To replace the oven interior light bulb:
- Turn electrical power off at the main source or unplug the appliance.
- Remove interior oven light shield by turning a quarter turn counter-clockwise.
- Replace bulb with a new T-4 type Halogen 25 watt appliance bulb. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
Wear a cotton glove or use a paper towel when installing a new bulb. Do not touch the new bulb with your fingers when replacing. This will shorten the life of the bulb.
- Replace glass oven light shield by rotating clockwise.
- Turn power back on again at the main source (or plug the appliance back in).
- Be sure to reset the time of day on the clock Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
Figure 9: Wall oven Halogen light
Removing and Replacing the Oven Door Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
Special door care instructions – The door is heavy. For safe, temporary storage, lay the door flat with the inside of the door facing down.
Most oven doors contain glass that can break. Do not close the oven door until all the oven racks are positioned correctly in the cavity. Do not hit the glass with bake ware or any other objects. Scratching, hitting, jarring, or stressing the glass may weaken its structure, causing an increased risk of breakage at a later time.
To remove the oven door:
- Open oven door completely, horizontal with floor. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
- Pull up the lock located on each hinge support toward front of the oven until the lock stops. You may have to apply a little upward pressure on the lock to pull it up (Figure 11 and Figure 12).
- Grasp the door by the sides, and close the door until the door frame makes contact with the unlocked hinges.
- Pull the bottom of the door toward you while rotating the top of the door toward the appliance to completely disengage the hinge levers (Figure 13). Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
To Replace Oven Door:
- Firmly grasp both sides of oven door along the door sides. Do not use the oven door handle (Figure 13).
- Hold the oven door at the same angle as the removal position. Carefully insert the hinge levers into the oven frame until you feel the hinge levers are seated into the hinge notches. The hinge arms must be fully seated into the hinge notches before the oven door can be fully opened. (Figure 13).
- Fully open the oven door, horizontal with floor (Figure 10).
- Push the door hinge locks up toward and into the oven frame on both left and right oven door hinges to the locked position (Figure 11).
- Close the oven door. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
Figure 10: Door hinge location
Figure 11: Door hinge locked
Figure 12: Unlocking door hinge
Figure 13: Remove door position
BEFORE YOU CALL
Solutions to Common Baking Problems For best cooking results, fully preheat the oven before baking cookies, breads, cakes, pies or pastries, etc.
There is no need to preheat the oven for roasting meat or baking casseroles.
The cooking times and temperatures needed to bake a product may vary slightly from your previously owned appliance. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
Baking Problems and Solutions Chart
Before you call for service, review the following list. It may save you time and expense.
Possible solutions are provided with the problem listed: Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven WARRANTY
Your appliance is covered by a one year limited warranty. For one year from your original date of purchase, Electrolux will pay all costs for repairing or replacing any parts of this appliance that prove to be defective in materials or workmanship when such appliance is installed, used and maintained in accordance with the provided instructions. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
This warranty does not cover the following:
- Products with original serial numbers that have been removed, altered or cannot be readily determined. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
- Product that has been transferred from its original owner to another party or removed outside the USA or Canada.
- Rust on the interior or exterior of the unit.
- Products purchased “as-is” are not covered by this warranty.
- Food loss due to any refrigerator or freezer failures.
- Products used in a commercial setting. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
- Service calls which do not involve malfunction or defects in materials or workmanship, or for appliances not in ordinary household use or used other than in accordance with the provided instructions.
- Service calls to correct the installation of your appliance or to instruct you how to use your appliance.
- Expenses for making the appliance accessible for servicing, such as removal of trim, cupboards, shelves, etc., which are not a part of the appliance when it is shipped from the factory. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
- Service calls to repair or replace appliance light bulbs, air filters, water filters, other consumables, or knobs, handles, or other cosmetic parts.
- Surcharges including, but not limited to, any after hour, weekend, or holiday service calls, tolls, ferry trip charges, or mileage expense for service calls to remote areas, including the state of Alaska.
- Damages to the finish of appliance or home incurred during installation, including but not limited to floors, cabinets, walls, etc.
- Damages caused by: services performed by unauthorized service companies; use of parts other than genuine Electrolux parts or parts obtained from persons other than authorized service companies; or external causes such as abuse, misuse, inadequate power supply, accidents, fires, or acts of God. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
DISCLAIMER OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES; LIMITATION OF REMEDIES
CUSTOMER’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SHALL BE PRODUCT REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT AS PROVIDED HEREIN. CLAIMS BASED ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE LIMITED TO ONE YEAR OR THE SHORTEST PERIOD ALLOWED BY LAW, BUT NOT LESS THAN ONE YEAR. ELECTROLUX SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES SUCH AS PROPERTY DAMAGE AND INCIDENTAL EXPENSES RESULTING FROM ANY BREACH OF THIS WRITTEN LIMITED WARRANTY OR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY. SOME STATES AND PROVINCES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR LIMITATIONS ON THE DURATION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WRITTEN WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS. YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
If You Need Service Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
Keep your receipt, delivery slip, or some other appropriate payment record to establish the warranty period should service be required. If service is performed, it is in your best interest to obtain and keep all receipts. Service under this warranty must be obtained by contacting Electrolux at the addresses or phone numbers below.
This warranty only applies in the USA and Canada. In the USA, your appliance is warranted by Electrolux Major Appliances North America, a division of Electrolux Home Products, Inc. In Canada, your appliance is warranted by Electrolux Canada Corp. Electrolux authorizes no person to change or add to any obligations under this warranty. Obligations for service and parts under this warranty must be performed by Electrolux or an authorized service company. Product features or specifications as described or illustrated are subject to change without notice. Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven
Electrolux Home Products, Inc.
10200 David Taylor Drive
Charlotte, NC 28262
Electrolux Canada Corp.
5855 Terry Fox Way
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Frigidaire 30 Single Electric Wall Oven User Manual PDF Download