Frigidaire 5,000 BTU Window-Mounted
Room Air Conditioner User Manual
Important Safety Instructions
This USE & CARE MANUAL provides specific operating instructions for your model. Use the room air conditioner only as instructed in this USE & CARE MANUAL. These instructions are not meant to cover every possible condition and situation that may occur. Common sense and caution must be practiced when installing, operating, and maintaining any appliance.
The power supply cord with this air conditioner contains a current detection device designed to reduce the risk of fire. Please refer to the section ‘Operation of Current Device’ for details. In the event that the power supply cord is damaged, it cannot be repaired. It must be replaced with a cord from the product manufacturer.
For Your Safety
Do not store or use gasoline or other flammable vapors and liquids in the vicinity of this or any other appliance. Read product labels for flammability and other warnings.
To reduce the risk of fire, electrical shock, or injury to persons when using your air conditioner, follow basic precautions, including the following:
- Be sure the electrical service is adequate for the model you have chosen. This information can be found on the serial plate, which is located on the side of the cabinet and behind the grille. Frigidaire 5,000 BTU
- If the air conditioner is to be installed in a window, you will probably want to clean both sides of the glass first. If the window is a triple track type with a screen panel included, remove the screen completely before installation.
- Be sure the air conditioner has been securely and correctly installed according to the separate installation instructions provided with this manual. Save this manual and the installation instructions for possible future use in removing or reinstalling this unit.
- When handling the air conditioner, be careful to avoid cuts from sharp metal fins on front and rear coils. Frigidaire 5,000 BTU
The complete electrical rating of your new room air conditioner is stated on the serial plate. Refer to the rating when checking the electrical requirements.
- Be sure the air conditioner is properly grounded. To minimise shock and fire hazards, proper grounding is important. The power cord is equipped with a three-prong grounding plug for protection against shock hazards. Frigidaire 5,000 BTU
- Your air conditioner must be used in a properly grounded wall receptacle. If the wall receptacle you intend to use is not adequately grounded or protected by a time delay fuse or circuit breaker, have a qualified electrician install the proper receptacle.
- Do not run air conditioner without outside protective cover in place. This could result in mechanical damage within the air conditioner.
- Do not use an extension cord or an adaptor plug. Frigidaire 5,000 BTU
DANGER! Avoid Serious Injury or Death
- This air conditioner contains no user-serviceable parts. Always call an authorised Electrolyte service for repairs.
- Do not insert or place fingers or objects into the air discharge area in the front of the unit.
- Do not start or stop the air conditioner by unplugging the power cord or turning off the power at the electrical box.
- Do not cut or damage the power cord. Frigidaire 5,000 BTU
- If the power cord is damaged, it should only be replaced by an authorised Electrolyte service.
- In the event of a malfunction (sparks, burning smell, etc.), immediately stop the operation, disconnect the power cord, and call an authorised Electrolyte service.
- Do not operate the air conditioner with wet hands.
- Do not pull on the power cord.
- Do not drink any water that is drained from the air conditioner. Frigidaire 5,000 BTU
CAUTION! Avoid Injury or damage to the unit or other property
- Provide ventilation per installation instructions.
- Do not direct airflow at fireplaces or other heat related sources as this could cause flare ups or make units run excessively.
- Do not climb on or place objects on outdoor part of the unit.
- Do not hang objects off the unit. Frigidaire 5,000 BTU
- Do not place containers with liquids on the unit.
- Turn off the air conditioner at the power source when it will not be used for an extended period of time.
- Periodically check the condition of the unit’s installation accessories for any damage.
- Do not apply heavy pressure to the radiator fins of the unit.
- Operate the unit with air filter in place.
- Do not block or cover the intake grille, discharge area and outlet ports.
- Ensure that any electrical/electronic equipment is one yard away from the unit.
- Do not use or store flammable gases near the unit.
- Do not touch the metal parts of the unit when removing the filter. Injuries can occur when handling sharp metal edges.
- Do not use water to clean inside the air conditioner. Exposure to water can destroy the insulation, leading to possible electric shock.
- When cleaning the unit, first make sure that the power and circuit breaker are turned off. Frigidaire 5,000 BTU
READ THIS SECTION BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO OPERATE AIR CONDITIONER.
Unit must be upright for one hour prior to operating.
The power supply cord contains a current device that senses damage to the power cord. To test your power supply cord do the following:
- Plug in the Air Conditioner. Frigidaire 5,000 BTU
- The power supply cord will have TWO buttons on the plug head. Press the TEST button. You will notice a click as the RESET button pops out.
- Press the RESET button. Again you will notice a click as the button engages.
- The power supply cord is now supplying electricity to the unit. (This is also indicated by a light on the plug head).
- Do not use this device to turn the unit on or off. Frigidaire 5,000 BTU
- Always make sure the RESET button is pushed in for correct operation.
- The power supply cord must be replaced if it fails to reset when either the TEST button is pushed, or it cannot be reset. A new one can be obtained from the product manufacturer.
- If power supply cord is damaged, it CANNOT be repaired. It MUST be replaced by one obtained from the product manufacturer. Frigidaire 5,000 BTU
Explanation of symbols displayed on the unit
WARNING FOR FLAMMABLE REFRIGERANT
- Do not use means to accelerate the defrosting process or to clean, other than those recommended by the manufacturer. Frigidaire 5,000 BTU
- The appliance shall be stored in a room without continuously operating ignition sources (for example: open flames, an operating gas appliance) and ignition sources or (for example: an operating electric heater) close to the appliance. The appliance shall be stored in a room without continuously operating ignition sources (for example: open flames, an operating gas appliance or an operating electric heater).
- Do not pierce or burn. Frigidaire 5,000 BTU
- Be aware that the refrigerants may not contain an odour.
- Compliance with national gas regulations shall be observed.
- Keep ventilation openings clear of obstruction.
- The appliance shall be stored so as to prevent mechanical damage from occurring.
- A warning that the appliance shall be stored in a well-ventilated area where the room size corresponds to the room area as specified for operation.
- Any person who is involved with working on or breaking into a refrigerant circuit should hold a current valid certificate from an industry-accredited assessment authority, which authorises their competence to handle refrigerants safely in accordance with an industry recognised assessment specification.
- Servicing shall only be performed as recommended by the equipment manufacturer. Maintenance and repair requiring the assistance of other skilled personnel shall be carried out under the supervision of the person competent in the use of flammable refrigerants.
- DO NOT modify the length of the power cord or use an extension cord to power the unit.
- DO NOT share a single outlet with other electrical appliances. Improper power supply can cause fire or electrical shock.
- Please follow the instruction carefully to handle, install, clear, service the air conditioner to avoid any damage or hazard. Flammable Refrigerant R32 is used within air conditioner. When maintaining or disposing the air conditioner, the refrigerant (R32 or R290) shall be recovered properly, shall not discharge to air directly. Frigidaire 5,000 BTU
- No any open fire or device like switch which may generate spark/arcing shall be around air conditioner to avoid causing ignition of the flammable refrigerant used. Please follow the instruction carefully to store or maintain the air conditioner to prevent mechanical damage from occurring.
- Flammable refrigerant – R32 is used in air conditioner. Please follow the instruction carefully to avoid any hazard. Frigidaire 5,000 BTU
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical ,sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
- Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
- If the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer, its service agent or similarly qualified persons in order to avoid a hazard.
- The appliance shall be installed in accordance with national wiring regulations. Frigidaire 5,000 BTU
Record Your Model and Serial Numbers
Record in the space provided below the model and serial numbers. On all models, the serial plate is located on the outside of the cabinet.
Register Your Product
The self-addressed PRODUCT REGISTRATION CARD should be filled in completely, signed and returned to the Frigidaire Company. Frigidaire 5,000 BTU
Remove all packaging from inside the carton, along with any inserts placed into the side louvres.
Using Air Conditioner
To begin operating the air conditioner, follow these steps:
- Set the temperature selector to the highest number (coldest or coolest setting). Frigidaire 5,000 BTU
- Set the mode control to the highest COOL setting.
- Adjust the louvres for comfortable air flow (see Air Directional Louvres).
- Once the room has cooled, adjust the temperature selector to the setting you find most comfortable.
Review the “Operating Instructions” section for other settings. Frigidaire 5,000 BTU
The controls featured in this manual are representative of many available models. Your model may offer slightly different features.
This is used to set the desired room temperature when the unit is being operated in the “COOL MODE”. Frigidaire 5,000 BTU
To set the desired room temperature, rotate the selector switch to the desired setting. After the set temperature is achieved, the thermostat will automatically start and stop the compressor in order to maintain the desired set temperature.
Rotate the temperature selector clockwise for higher cool setting. Higher cool settings will provide lower room temperature.
Rotate the temperature selector counter-clockwise for lower cool settings.
Lower cool settings will provide higher room temperature.
The desired cool setting is selected by rotating the MODE knob to the appropriate location. Frigidaire 5,000 BTU
“high cool” has maximum cooling effect and airflow.
“low cool” has minimum cooling effect and airflow.
Note: If your unit is equipped with a vent handle, keep it closed for maximum efficiency.
Rotate the MODE knob to select your choice of fan speeds for air circulation only.
Note: When selecting a fan speed, the compressor will not run. Frigidaire 5,000 BTU
Please always wait 3 minutes when turning unit off then on again, and when changing from cool to fan and back to cool. This prevents compressor from overheating & possible circuit breaker tripping. Failure to follow these instructions may be harmful to your unit.
Air Directional Louvers
Air directional louvers control air flow direction. Your air conditioner has the louver type described below.
Rotate the Auger Wheel until the desired Left/Right direction is obtained. Frigidaire 5,000 BTU
Care and Cleaning
Clean your air conditioner occasionally to keep it looking new. Be sure to unplug the unit before cleaning to prevent shock or fire hazards.
Air Filter Cleaning
The air filter should be checked at least once a month to see if cleaning is necessary. Trapped particles in the filter can build up and cause an accumulation of frost on the cooling coils. Frigidaire 5,000 BTU
- Remove filter by sliding out from the right side.
- Wash the filter using liquid dishwashing detergent and warm water. Rinse filter thoroughly. Gently shake excess water from the filter. Be sure filter is thoroughly dry before replacing.
- Or instead of washing, you may vacuum the filter clean. Frigidaire 5,000 BTU
- Be sure to unplug the air conditioner to prevent shock or fire hazard. The cabinet and front may be dusted with an oil-free cloth or washed with a cloth dampened in a solution of warm water and mild liquid dish washing detergent.
Rinse thoroughly and wipe dry.
- Never use harsh cleaners, wax or polish on the cabinet front.
- Be sure to wring excess water from the cloth before wiping around the controls.
- Excess water in or around the controls may cause damage to the air conditioner.
- Plug in air conditioner.
If you plan to store the air conditioner during the winter, remove it carefully from the window according to the installation instructions. Cover it with plastic or return it to the original carton. Frigidaire 5,000 BTU
Energy Saving Ideas
- Do not block air flow inside with blinds, curtains or furniture; or outside with shrubs, enclosures, or other buildings.
- The capacity of the room air conditioner must fit the room size for efficient and satisfactory operation.
- Install the room air conditioner on the shady side of your home. A window that faces north is best because it is shaded most of the day.
- Close the fireplace damper, floor and wall registers so cool air does not escape up the chimney and into the duct work.
- Keep blinds and drapes in other windows closed during the sunniest part of the day.
- Clean the air filter as recommended in the section “Care and Cleaning”.
- Proper insulation and weather stripping in your home will help keep warm air out and cool air in.
- External house shading with trees, plants or awnings will help reduce the air conditioner’s work load.
- Operate heat producing appliances such as ranges, washers, dryers and dishwashers during the coolest part of the day. Frigidaire 5,000 BTU
Before You Call
Before calling for service, review this list. It may save you time and expense. This list includes common occurrences that are not the result of defective workmanship or materials in this appliance.
If These Solutions Fail, Call 1-800-944-9044(US)/1-800-265- 8352(Canada) For Frigidaire Service.
Major Appliance Limited Warranty
Your appliance is covered by a limited one-year warranty and a limited 2-5 year warranty on the sealed system (the compressor, condenser, evaporator and tubing). For one year from your original date of purchase, Electrolyte will pay all costs for repairing or replacing any parts of this appliance that prove to be defective in materials or workmanship when such appliance is installed, used and maintained in accordance with the provided instructions. From the second to the fifth year from your original purchase date, Electrolyte will repair or replace any parts in the Sealed Refrigeration System (compressor, condenser, evaporator and tubing) that prove to be defective in materials or workmanship. In years 2-5, the consumer will be responsible for diagnostic, lobar and parts costs as well as any removal, transportation and re installation expenses which are incurred during service on components other than those covered under the Sealed Refrigeration System 5-year warranty. Frigidaire 5,000 BTU
This warranty does not cover the following:
- Products with original serial numbers that have been removed, altered or cannot be readily determined.
- Product that has been transferred from its original owner to another party or removed outside the USA or Canada.
- Rust on the interior or exterior of the unit. Frigidaire 5,000 BTU
- Products purchased “as-is” are not covered by this warranty.
- Food loss due to any refrigerator or freezer failures.
- Products used in a commercial setting.
- Service calls which do not involve malfunction or defects in materials or workmanship, or for appliances not in ordinary household use or used other than in accordance with the provided instructions.
- Service calls to correct the installation of your appliance or to instruct you how to use your appliance.
- Expenses for making the appliance accessible for servicing, such as removal of trim, cupboards, shelves, etc., which are not a part of the appliance when it is shipped from the factory. Frigidaire 5,000 BTU
- Service calls to repair or replace appliance light bulbs, air filters, water filters, other consumables, or knobs, handles, or other cosmetic parts.
- Surcharges including, but not limited to, any after hour, weekend, or holiday service calls, tolls, ferry trip charges, or mileage expense for service calls to remote areas, including the state of Alaska.
- Damages to the finish of appliance or home incurred during installation, including but not limited to floors, cabinets, walls, etc.
- Damages caused by: services performed by unauthorised service companies; use of parts other than genuine Electrolyte parts or parts obtained from persons other than authorised service companies; or external causes such as abuse, misuse, inadequate power supply, accidents, fires, or acts of God.
DISCLAIMER OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES; LIMITATION OF REMEDIES CUSTOMER’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SHALL BE PRODUCT REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT AS PROVIDED HEREIN. CLAIMS BASED ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT ABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE LIMITED TO ONE YEAR OR THE SHORTEST PERIOD ALLOWED BY LAW, BUT NOT LESS THAN ONE YEAR. ELECTROLYTE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES SUCH AS PROPERTY DAMAGE AND INCIDENTAL EXPENSES RESULTING FROM ANY BREACH OF THIS WRITTEN LIMITED WARRANTY OR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY. SOME STATES AND PROVINCES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR LIMITATIONS ON THE DURATION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WRITTEN WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS. YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM STATE TO STATE. Frigidaire 5,000 BTU
If You Need Service
Keep your receipt, delivery slip, or some other appropriate payment record to establish the warranty period should service be required. If service is performed, it is in your best interest to obtain and keep all receipts. Service under this warranty must be obtained by contacting Electrolyte at the addresses or phone numbers below.
This limited warranty only applies in the USA and Canada. In the USA, your appliance is warranted by Electrolyte Major Appliances North America, a division of Electrolyte Home Products, Inc. In Canada, your appliance is warranted by Electrolyte Canada Corp. Electrolyte authorises no person to change or add to any obligations under this warranty. Obligations for service and parts under this warranty must be performed by Electrolyte or an authorised service company. Product features or specifications as described or illustrated are subject to change without notice. Frigidaire 5,000 BTU
Electrolux Major Appliances
10200 David Taylor Drive
Charlotte, NC 28262
Electrolux Canada Corp.
5855 Terry Fox Way
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Frigidaire 5,000 BTU Window-Mounted
Room Air Conditioner User Manual PDF Download